Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 11:17:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Robbery  (Read 648 times)
hoavantathan

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:05:57 AM

you guy should be careful. i may use strong password, more security solutions than i did
Zonero12

Activity: 119
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:29:24 AM

how do they rob bitcoin while bitcoin does not exist in real form, ...? do they rob the key of his wallet only ,, Huh Huh

● ● ● LIPCHAIN ● ● ●
▰▰▰ LIPCHAIN WILL UNITE THE GLOBAL SURFER’S COMMUNITY ▰▰▰
www.lipchain.io
budismile

Activity: 293
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:45:41 AM

heard the news is very sad, because bitcoin can still be robbed. I think this is a warning to bitcoiner, be careful in using bitcoin because crime could happen to bits of bitcoin users.
best for the police in duibai because it can be immediately alert to catch the criminals
oioi

Activity: 355
Merit: 10

A p e S w a p ///$BANANA Farms

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:54:10 AM

the first thing that puzzled me how a robber robbed bitcoin using a weapon,
while the bitcoin itself was not the shape, or the robber had been stalking
the person to be robbed, because we do not know who holds the bitcoin.
or this is just a scenario to become famous.
but we must be careful too because evil will always be there if there is a chance.

A p e S w a p    ///    $BANANA Farms    |    $BANANA Pools    |    ApeSwap Exchange    ///
                                                     Stake now for over 900% APR!                                                    
⦁    TWITTER    ⦁    TELEGRAM GROUP    ⦁    MEDIUM    ⦁    TELEGRAM CHANNEL    ⦁    GITHUB    ⦁
Singbatak

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:58:18 AM

If that is true news, it's good that those criminals have been caught. It's sad because bitcoin can be robbed, but it's pretty good because they got caught. But we need to be careful. Thumbs up to the police in Dubai, they are alert.
TommyAMD

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:18:00 PM

Police in Dubai have arrested ten members of a gang who reportedly stole 7 mln AED ($1.9 mln) in an armed Bitcoin heist in Dubai on Wednesday.
http://cryptozona.ru/dubai-police-use-ai-tech-to-locate-and-arrest-gang-suspected-of-1-9-mln-armed-bitcoin-heist/
It's good that the police caught the robbers and they will answer for their act. This situation shows that the government cares about the fate of the cryptocurrency and they protect the interests of citizens who have it.
rokergila01

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:23:15 PM

----
Although this article provides very low amount of information regarding this case.

The link posted by OP is just a republish article from gulf news, try to check this. It even have a picture of the suspects.  

Two brothers with a $1.9m? Oh come on, there's a high possibility that they are just a front man for this epic trade OR....  maybe not if, they are those famous guy in dubai with lambos. (I'll choose the first one)
Now, I'm curious what if it happened that they push to trade on an exchange. Would this make the graph move?

Armed robbers broke into the home of a Bitcoin trader and forced him to transfer the digital currency. With a gun pointed, four robbers entered the house of Danny Aston (30), in the village of Moulsford, South Oxfordshire, England. The sobering robbery was called the first Bitcoin robbery action in Britain.
ningrum

Activity: 1610
Merit: 103

The OGz Club

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:32:12 PM

Police in Dubai have arrested ten members of a gang who reportedly stole 7 mln AED ($1.9 mln) in an armed Bitcoin heist in Dubai on Wednesday.
http://cryptozona.ru/dubai-police-use-ai-tech-to-locate-and-arrest-gang-suspected-of-1-9-mln-armed-bitcoin-heist/

This good news, indeed the thief should be arrested, because the thief is very uneasy people, because it is harmful as well. appropriate if he was arrested by the police

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
YED

Activity: 209

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:40:16 PM

that is why the GISEC which is currently ongoing from the 1st till 3rd of May, is officially supported by Smart Dubai and the Dubai Police.
HP, Microsoft, Etisalat, Cisco, Mimecast, ESET, Malwarebytes.... all participating. Should be a great event.
Cryptocb

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:33:45 PM

Bitcoin Robbery is a function of the person that closed to you and also the can of company you keep. what i know about bitcoin and other alt-coin transaction does online with out knowing each other. the only communication is the prize and quantity.
Markyway88

Activity: 137

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:44:42 PM

We are not anymore safe in this world! I don't what is the greediness that covered to the criminals, even the safest way of transaction (bitcoin) is not anymore safe to use. If we want to be safe, then act as a normal person. Dubai is an industrialized country. But look at it, crimes are still rampant specially, robbery. Authorities and government can't never prevent this crime, what they need to do is to show to the citizen that if they do something bad, they will be imprisoned.
I am also looking for a vault in case I want to hide my bitcoin. Nowadays, safe is not anymore existed so we should always have security.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 09:29:03 AM

Though bitcoin is very sustainable and very volatile crypto currency and is proved that it is always a boon for the mankind but as everything has its pros and cons and thus the bitcoin. Bitcoin like all other investment always undergoes pumps and dumps and even bitcoin transactions is very secure and confidential and I think this leads to the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin that it is frequently used for illegal activities like selling drugs, explosives, money laundering etc.
Burogh

Activity: 644

COVIR.IO

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 09:57:22 AM

Criminal right now more like bitcoin than fiat money or other luxury stuff  Grin. Bitcoin attracting not only for new investor but also attracting criminal but good job for dubai police for failing that robbery,

jianhuang

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:09:25 AM

It turns out that the Dubai are the most technologically advanced and progressive in the world.
Sarastiche

Activity: 532

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:43:33 AM

Regulation in the crypto space will tends to to help curb the issue of robbery, am always happy when thief get caught,Most importantly, you have to ensure you secure yourself with all necessary and available  platform to guard against  BTC  theft
Solenith0420

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:06:17 AM

As I follow the link you shared, it is like the robbers and the victims don’t understand what bitcoin is all about…I think there is misunderstanding about the cryptocurrency, “

«The brothers searched randomly in the market to buy Bitcoin. The gang lured them claiming they can sell them Bitcoin.”

---Why in the world, the brothers who are victims went to market and plan to buy bitcoin?Huh? Bitcoin is not something you can get or buy or sell in the market…Correct me if im mistaken with this issue.
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:18:21 AM

how they stole bitcoin? bitcoin is a digital currencies that can only access by the owner, are they force the owner to open the wallet and send all of bitcoin into their wallet? if yes i think its a big criminals, or maybe they found the private key in the public? (immposible possibilities)

kimjoo11

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:00:46 AM

Very well that those armed robbers were arrested, even though they were only 10 members of it atleast it lessen some cancers in the world, but they didn't hid their money very well.
panbirt

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:35:37 AM

Robbing virtual currency may be a new type of robbery, and the funds after this robbery are even more difficult to capture. This is the dark side of the continuous development of the times. I think that the virtual currency needs to increase some restrictions to prevent illegal activities.
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:44:22 AM

Sooner or later we will hear more about bitcoin robbers getting popped due to the transparent nature of the blockchain. I'd like to see more of these scumbags get popped for thinking they are safe by exploiting bitcoin. One issue is that they may be trading their bitcoin for anonymous coins, so it would be nice if techniques could be developed to catch thieves in the middle of the act of attempting to exchange coins. I'm pretty sure software could be developed to flag and hence prevent stolen bitcoin from being exchanged into other coins.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: