Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:54:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: best ewallet  (Read 6117 times)
twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 02:52:01 PM

Now that MyBitcoin.com has  been shown to be a thief, what is the best and most trustworthy ewallet? Anyone have reviews on bit-bank.org?

thanks

Not sure they have been shown yet to be a thief, but they have been shown to be a bad place to have kept bitcoins.

I am curious, why would you want to use any online wallet at this point?   There are none that can't really do the same shut down later.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
heavyb (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 02:57:27 PM

for some reason my small test transactions are not showing up in my wallet on my pc, and I am SURE it is the correct address.

Binford 6100

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

PGP OTC WOT: EB7FCE3D

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 03:32:21 PM

for some reason my small test transactions are not showing up in my wallet on my pc, and I am SURE it is the correct address.

did your client downloaded the whole blockchain? if your transactions were in blocks p.ex. 135570 and 139630 you will not see them until you get the blockchain with the blocks that contain your transactions.

you could however search with an online tool, to see if the transactions were included in the blocks (that way you'd also find out which block nr has 'your' transaction record)

You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 06:27:09 PM

Honestly, the best 'ewallet' provider is *you*. I don't understand the urge to push this off to a centralized service. Trusting someone else to secure your funds is full of risk, as recent events have shown.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 07:37:42 PM

Honestly, the best 'ewallet' provider is *you*. I don't understand the urge to push this off to a centralized service. Trusting someone else to secure your funds is full of risk, as recent events have shown.

I see uses for e-wallets. Just not to "store your whole btc load there".

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Dansko

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2011, 12:32:36 AM

I'd say at this point, of all the choices, your best one is probably MtGox. Not only have they been through security test hell, and came out on the other side with better security in place, but they've also shown that they, as a company, are willing to take a personal loss to make their users whole again.

I have to agree with you. They may of not handled it the best they could have but they handled it. They did not hide anything and told the public what they thought was going on at the moment. The deadline thing however could of been handled better. They should of set the deadline to the most amount of time it could take not the least. But they did do a great job and made sure people got there money back. I am personally  waiting for them to release there merchant api to launch my bitcoin business.
fellowtraveler

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 03:52:28 AM

Open transactions could so nearly do this if only it used the math it claims it should be using instead of some apparently kiddie mockup version or "insufficient for real use" version of the math it claims it should be using. Darn, so close...

Hi guys!

I'm writing from the beautiful desert land of Sedona, AZ, where I'm on vacation for a few days.

I wanted to address this quote. FYI, Open-Transactions currently generates 1024-bit keys by default.  Ultimately I would prefer that it uses 4096-bit keys instead of 1024, but that is not a terribly difficult fix to make. As more software is released based on OT, and as entities move closer towards actual production use, the keysize will be increased. (In other words, I wouldn't look at this as a deal-breaker, but rather as one of a long series of security fixes that naturally occur in this sort of project as it nears production.)

Similarly, the (untraceable) digital cash currently uses Lucre, which uses Wagner's algorithm and incorporates the SHA-1 hash. SHA-1 has had weaknesses uncovered over the past few years, though I'm not sure of their implications towards Chaumian blinding. This is fine: the whole idea of OT is similar to PGP: that it's easy to swap in new algorithms as the old ones expire. So on OT, it's not difficult to make new subclasses of OTToken and OTMint that use new algorithms.

(FYI, I have already obtained the source code for 2 new cash algorithms--Chaum and Brands--so these will be available within OT at some point in the future. Again, this is the sort of easy change that will probably happen once OT starts nearing production use.)

-Fellow Traveler

co-founder, Monetas
creator, Open-Transactions
zero3112

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:20:21 AM

wtf theres a virus on this thread?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: