So I got kind of bored a couple hours ago, and I decided that I don't really like to check MtGox Trading data using my Motorola Defy's Browser any more. That is why I started creating GoxHelper
Right Now GoxHelper is in a really really alpha state, so do NOT expect too much from it. (remember I started like a couple hours ago with it)
However I do really like to get some input from you guys on which features to implement, what to make better and so on.
What it can do already:
- Fetch and Display Market Data from MtGox
- Load a list of YubiKeys onto your phone(see below for that)
- Trend estimation
What is planned right now:
- make it a widget
- make it automatically refresh Market Data(at least when on wifi)
- Allow it to place Orders(Sell/Buy)
- Price AlertsCurrent version: 0.0.3(07-08-2011)Download
Mirror: DownloadInstall Instructions
a) Download the file with your Android Smartphone by clicking this text
make sure that you have allowed Applications from unknown sources in your settings/Applications dialog.
after the download your phone asks you what to do with the file, when you click on it. Select Install. DONE
b)Download the File
Connect your phone to your computer, and save the file on your phone's memory card.
Disconnect the phone, use the file manager to locate the file and open it.
If Android denies to install it, go to Settings, Applications and activate the option "allow unknown origin". Then open the Package with the file manager again. It should now installAbout the YubiKey thing:
My App is planned to use YubiKey tokens instead of the MtGox API key. This has a reason. If someone steals your phone, they have your API-Key and can do like really bad things with your account(Things like June-20). Instead this App gives you the Option to save a list of YubiKey Tokens onto your memory card. If someone now steals your phone, you can simply plug in your yubikey and login to mtgox, and the list on your phone will be worthless(also this limits the amount of possibly malicious actions with your account while you are not yet in reach of your yubikey)[technical: the last generated yubikey token invalidates all previous ones).
To make such a list, simply open notepad, and press your yubikey a couple times. save the list on your phone on your sd-card in a file goxhelper\yubikeys.
To make windows notepad not automatically append .txt, write "yubikeys" (including the quotes) when saving.What can you do to help?
- Tell me what you like or don't like on this app.
- Tell me what to do better
- submit an Icon I shall use!- report bugs!
- Buy a premium acc on uploaded.to using my link
- donate to me using the Bitcoin address in my signature - I'm a student and I lost my job this month, so I cannot really afford the $25 to get my App into the Android market. YOU can help!