Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:18:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum a threat to bitcoin  (Read 4834 times)
shaman11

Activity: 252
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:47:01 PM

I think that ethereum is one of the strongest altcoin because of its many demands, and also I think many investors believe that the ethereum will have a good prospect. I am also currently holding ethereum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Felic43

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:51:29 PM

both the currency where design for different purposes, to be precise ethereum is really competing with bitcoin which is normal...

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:53:11 PM

While ethereum is not a threat to bitcoin. The cost of ethereum is more than ten times lower than bitcoin. In addition, given that ethereum in its price is almost completely dependent on the price of bitcoin, ethereum is not yet a competitor in the price for bitcoin in the near future.
Also, it should be borne in mind that these are different coins for their tasks and functions and they practically do not compete with each other.

gunhell16

Activity: 1680
Merit: 472

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:55:14 PM

Ethereum a threat to bitcoin??

NO!!! actually ETHEREUM is a big help to bitcoin.
they both keeping the market busy and helping each other to gain price.
They are both useful in many ICO,
exchange use them as a major currency.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:58:11 PM

Totally disagree. Ethereum and bitcoin is of different platform, different function, different use case and different purpose. How can it be a threat if they are used by investors in different ways? The reason why people think there's a competition between the two is because they are sitting next to each other on the top of all the crypto.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:52:20 PM

They are both attacking different parts of the market. So I would disagree.
Completely disagree as well! No one is disputing the fact that Ethereum is solving some problem in the crypto space and so is bitcoin in their own relative spaces. However, what gives bitcoin an edge is the fact that it is deflationary and the community is pretty huge.

So far, that would be a hard one for Ethereum to even over throw when indeed Ethereum itself have so many competitors on ground ready to displace it. This should not even be a debate as any reasonable person should obviously know that Ethereum does not stand a chance in the long run. It will grow and there is no doubt, and so is bitcoin.
socksserver3

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:56:08 PM

I don't think that bitcoin and ethereum are competitors. As for me, the winner is always Bitcoin. I know many people who hold bitcoin as they believe that this investment is really worthy. In the nearest future, the price must become more stable
pimvinken

Activity: 200
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:00:54 PM

I totally agree with you, Ethereum really has great potential. Ethereum is increasingly popular and used by many ICOs as a platform. In the next few years, it will grow stronger and it may threaten Bitcoin. However, I think, to beat Bitcoin is not easy. Bitcoin is king of the market, it is still too strong now, it will take a lot of time and effort if Ethereum wants to pass Bitcoin. Right now is the chance for us to go to Bitcoin and Ethereum, in the future I think they will be very high prices.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER     》  CRYPTASSIST               |▌  [   ICO HAS STARTED    ▶  JOIN NOW!   ]
            THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD           ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!   ))
Telegram   /  ANN   /  Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /  WhitePaper   /
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:22:27 PM

Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!
You should distinguish Ether and Ethereum, these are two different things! Ethereum itself is a platform for a variety of projects and Ether is an altcoin based on this platform. ETH and BTC have different features and if you talk about just money transfer system, which cryptoCURRENCY should be - BTC is better with this function. Not to mention that ETH, unlike BTC, has no limited supply, which reduces demand effect on price.
skrpdssh

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:46:17 PM

I believe that these are absolutely different two parallel projects. And in terms of competition, they are not exactly worth considering
efey399

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:49:56 PM

I think the biggest dynamics of the bitcoin and ethereum crypto currency exchanges. they are setting up all the stock market's balances. Ethereum is constantly growing and developing. I think it may threaten the bitcoin in the future.
Omighty28

Activity: 187
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:59:45 PM

Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!

Ethereum might on the obvious, be next in popularity and market value to Bitcoin, but o would not agree to the fact that Ethereum is posing a threat to Bitcoin. I mean, the difference is clear from the value of both coins.
jigzaheedcoin

Activity: 194

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:06:28 PM

I think that ethereum is one of the strongest altcoin because of its many demands, and also I think many investors believe that the ethereum will have a good prospect. I am also currently holding ethereum.

Holding ethereum has a good future but I don't believe it's a threat to bitcoin these days, and as you observe how it really helped the bitcoin through other crypto; ethereum has big contribution why also bitcoin trading definitely risen. So we shouldn't believe that its a problem to bitcoin economy, but rather we should be thankful for this to be much profitable when all speculation of price will be achieved.

Omighty28

Activity: 187
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:07:21 PM

I believe that these are absolutely different two parallel projects. And in terms of competition, they are not exactly worth considering

Both coins are just not worthy of comparison. Bitcoin is outrageously higher than Ethereum, and if Ethereum is going to be on the level of Bitcoin, it is going to be really tedious, despite the profile of the developer. The dominance Bitcoin has in the Crypto-world is just Overwhelming.
Guapongbadoy

Activity: 124

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:14:06 PM

Maybe you have point that king will be dethroned by the prince, only If the king will declare that but king bitcoin will never do that and don't allow for sure that altcoin eth will be its heir if it has a fork. Also I'd rather think eth as an invader making itself strong to dethroned bitcoin but I don't think if this has a possibility.
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:27:50 AM

Yea. But Bitcoin and Ethereum are coins that will last forever.
They will both be on top.
Maybe some day ETH will pass BTC, but that doesn't mean that BTC will fall.
It is funny though when I see people saying that Ethereum is going to be overthrowing bitcoin when there are so many other platforms that is giving Ethereum itself a serious competition. I guess people do not think of the fact that it is so easy for Ethereum to be dethrone from that space than it is easy for btc to be dethroned and I really do not need to start explaining myself much because if they have not been able to get that by themselves, I wonder what I would say that would make them get it.
ROMANALADIN

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:30:05 PM

Bitcoin is the pioneer in the world of crypto-currency. On the other hand, if you compare the basis of the use of crypto currency, you will understand that the scope of the etherium is much more extensive. This is the main reason why investors predict the etherium the possibility of rapid growth in price.

Activity: 658
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:18:03 AM

I think Ethereum is not a threat to bitcoin as it performs very different functions. Ethereum is a platform for the functioning of smart contracts and even if ever the Ethereum capitalization becomes more than bitcoin, in the cryptocurrency market nothing will change and each coin will be used for its purpose.
trinhdao078

Activity: 86

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:43:36 AM

no its not. ethereum is not a threat to bitcoin, not even a small threat.
bitcoin and ethereum are both different cryptocurrency. they have their own purpose on crypto world. Smiley Smiley
LenaRoid

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:58:03 AM

not it is not, only because of ethreum bitcoin cost so much right now. ERC20 tokens on ethereum network made possible many projects to come alive and this made crypto world more hyped,more people know now about bitcoin and crypto,more people buying it

Egretia •• World's 1st HTML5 Blockchain Engine and Platform
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: