Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:14:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Zerocoin be mined yet?  (Read 5062 times)
Gnosis-

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:13:48 PM

There is some confusion in this thread. Two separate currencies are implementing related but separate anonymous features:
  • Zerocoin-in-Anoncoin. I am actively developing this based on the Zerocoin paper and libzerocoin source code released by the Zerocoin team (Matthew Green, Ian Miers, and Christina Garman (and now Eran Tromer?)) in 2013. It will be an extension to Anoncoin, so any ANC you buy or mine now will be convertible to Zerocoins without using an exchange, although upgrading the wallet software will be necessary. This will be ready in 1-2 months. See our thread here and our subreddit.
  • Zerocash. This is the current project of the Zerocoin team and is based on completely different cryptography. No paper or source code has been released yet. This has every appearance of being a dead project, but who knows--maybe they are just being secretive about it. I have reason to believe that it will require counter-party trust in the person or persons who setup the initial parameters of the currency.

ANC:AU4hFCFZLhB2gTyG4VbaEurXGrTMNW2nu6 | BTC: 14QnfqVG3CqLGBYHgD8tPYJVLxQ2AfvPEx | GPG: E6D0 96DE 5B3E 16C7 C57F  DC3B 654D BB7A D847 993A
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: