Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:46:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why so many Bitcoin users have fear of governments?  (Read 1658 times)
Theo222

Activity: 449
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:17:36 AM

only government has a power to control the legalization of all cryptocurrency in every countries they have.
thats why people has a big fear in government if they invest money that will be so risky there are chance of banning of bitcoin in their country.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
G2z_Riya

Activity: 217
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:17:55 AM

Fear of government is common thing, because if they come with plans that bitcoin is banned within the country. Then, all the efforts that has been made to earn as well the real money invested upon the same goes unused. In some countries, people were punished which is the reason for the fear and this will change as countries start providing support for Cryptocurrency.
masterchief001

Activity: 585

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:32:37 AM

There are a lot of bitcoin users fearing the government. Because the government does not accept bitcoin payments and does not consider the currency to be official currency. This has a great influence on the existence of bitcoin. Bitcoins can be killed if the government bans Bitcoin.
Gondwanaland

Activity: 354

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:34:36 AM

I can't escape to notice that many users here on forum have terrible rebbelious fear of governments. Like government is some evil devil that will destroy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. But is this realy so, do such claims have any reasonable ground at all?

To my opinion the cause for something like that is again ignorance. I think that regulation that is mentioned in many countries is often mixed with centralization which is something that is not natural to Bitcoin because it's functioning totaly different than fiat currencies. Also some warnings to people that Bitcoin is volatile and risky investment that come from national banks are often interpretated as hostile behaviour towards Bitcoin and attempts to make people not to use it.

Is there any hope that Bitcoin users and governments will find the common language and help Bitcoin together to be more accepted in economy, especialy by businesses and to become more "legal" everywhere?

I think that there are bitcoin users are afraid in government because we all know that the government are so powerful that is why they are afraid to them. Also bitcoin is not yet legal in some countries thats why there's a goverment ban bitcoin.

RATEONIUM              Twitter       Telegram     Reddit   
GLOBAL BLOCKCHAIN BASED PRODUCT
██  ██ SERVICE RATING PLATFORM Gothic ██  ██
Lingesh

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:42:13 AM

Bitcoin is not legal in many countries, the government has banned in some countries. so the bitcoin users getting afraid if it is banned in our country what we do. And also the tax problems, if the government ask tax for bitcoin transactions.
Iconic Love

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 02:43:12 AM

As we know bitcoin is a crypto currency and we dont have to pay goverment tax for it.so the fact is we r using bitcoin and invest money and earning from here but the goverment is not getting a single money from this. At present many big companies are paying and recieving money in bitcoin so goverment tax is discreasing.
and to maintain this problem goverment can ban bitcoin.
and if this happened people will face a great problem by loosing money.

thats why the bitcoin users have fear of goverment.
libert19

Activity: 2478
Merit: 940

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 02:48:16 AM

Because if they deem it as illegal, then even using it would be considered a crime.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Tatars kun

Activity: 58

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:50:42 AM

Bitcoin claims that “It is the first decentralized peer-to-peer payment network that is powered by its users with no central authority or middlemen.” That lack of central authority is the primary reason governments are afraid of the cryptocurrency.

mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:51:33 AM

I think that its a lack of awareness about Bitcoin and how it works. As we know that in the worst case, governments can ban crypto to fiat and vice versa transactions so even in such scenario, we will be able to send and receive crypto without breaking any law. On the top of that, international exchanges are always there if someone is willing to buy or sell crypto so this fear of government is based on the lack of realization of the potential and power of decentralized payment systems.
although the government can not totally stopping bitcoin by making a ban, but that make user afraid is not it, but the influence of government policy on bitcoin market, we know that the government has enormous power, and when they ban bitcoin the impact will be very bad on price, that's why some people are afraid
julielyn

Activity: 186

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:53:50 AM

because unfortunately whenever price rises it attracts a certain type of people who rush in with their eyes closed. they don't educate themselves and are usually brainless. they don't even understand what bitcoin is and what a decentralized currency truly means. they just listen to some other idiot FUDster to talk some nonsense in their ears and they follow it like a sheep.

Like government is some evil devil that will destroy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. But is this realy so, do such claims have any reasonable ground at all?

funny you should mention this. it usually isn't! we keep seeing topics around here by newbies saying government is set out to kill bitcoin or some of them are even claiming they have already banned bitcoin! I don't even know where they get these nonsense from!

Not much to fear most bitcoin users in the government are afraid they might maybe b bitcoin manage the bitcoin and maybe lose bitcoin maybe I think the government itself is afraid of bitcoin because there is no tax bitcoin they do not get money in bitcoin and another might be the government's only tax breaks on bitcoin.
solarisexodus

Activity: 87
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:01:31 AM

Because the only group of individual that might influence the activity of bitcoin is the government (though not to mention hackers, social media corp. etc). The government has its power and money; if leaders around the world would decide to shut down the internet (which would nearly be impossible) then bitcoin life and fame will also be in a ride - diminished. BUT, that is ideal... However, given such truth about the usefulness and implications of bitcoin and other alternative coins in the cyber market; well then, it can be presumed that government might intervene or will make regulations on it. We don`t know? Even when bitcoin cannot be controlled ( Decentralized) still government has its people - the stakeholder of bitcoins`.
teklang01

Activity: 173
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:03:18 AM

There is a big chance that government and bitcoin will work together for the common good of the people. That is what's happening here in my country, the Philippines, they officially legitimised bitcoin. And they are creating regulatory guidelines to protect the bitcoin owners.
cutikanzilong

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:21:37 AM

I can't escape to notice that many users here on forum have terrible rebbelious fear of governments. Like government is some evil devil that will destroy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. But is this realy so, do such claims have any reasonable ground at all?

To my opinion the cause for something like that is again ignorance. I think that regulation that is mentioned in many countries is often mixed with centralization which is something that is not natural to Bitcoin because it's functioning totaly different than fiat currencies. Also some warnings to people that Bitcoin is volatile and risky investment that come from national banks are often interpretated as hostile behaviour towards Bitcoin and attempts to make people not to use it.

Is there any hope that Bitcoin users and governments will find the common language and help Bitcoin together to be more accepted in economy, especialy by businesses and to become more "legal" everywhere?
Bitcoin for the world community is still foreign and most governments in the world still do not think the existence of bitcoin is still illegal. Hopefully with bitcoin fame from year to year will make the government rethink in bitcoin policy
djmixen

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:36:29 AM

Well, in my opinion bitcoin is become accepted in many governments and nothing to worry about or to fear for someone. I guess this is only felt for those who are not a true believer of bitcoin.
jonaire99

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:44:08 AM

In recent years, some crackdowns against cryptocurrencies and exchanges was initiated by some governments. Other countries allowed cryptocurrencies but they imposed strict regulations and their reason is to protect their people from any scams that uses cryptocurrencies. These events might be the reason why some bitcoin users have fear in government. Some countries just want to protect their citizens so they are concerned about scammers money launderers or drug traffickers that uses bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

━━ ━     Whitepaper     ━ ━━ ━     E M J A C     ━ ━━ ━     One Pager     ━ ━━
●     ●         ●     The World’s 1st Green Renewable Energy DLT Project     ●         ●     ●
━ ━━━ ━      IEO on  Exmarkets & p2pb2b      ━ ━━━ ━      Telegram      ━ ━━━ ━
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:43:35 AM

yes of course they bitcoin traders are very scared with the government because they are traders aware of the government can destroy bitcoin prices because today many new players are very easy to panic when there is a ban or bad news from the government.
boddy.dy

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:58:31 AM

Well who else we should fear of but the government only then. Many of us the bitcoin users have a fear of government because this is the only organizational body that can make a decision to stop or ban the use of bitcoin on their land. So if they will ban or say to stop the use of bitcoin in their land it will surely make the users unhappy. That is why she should re act accordingly especially if the government can see what we are doing with crypto currency if we don’t want it to get ban or order to be stop.   
Jcabudx

Activity: 236
Merit: 39

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 04:14:27 AM

Possibly because the own a huge amount of bitcoin and in their country bitcoin is not being legalize by government. They are also afraid of bitcoin being banned in their country if government trace that many user owns huge amount of bitcoin in their country and they want to rule or govern on it. Everybody have fear in government when bitcoin is involve.
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 04:16:32 AM

Dont worry guys, there are more countries that welcomes Bitcoin and other crypto currencies compare to countries that bans Bitcoin. And those countries who banned Bitcoin are actually countries with economic crisis. They fear that their people might drop their existing fiat currency and switch all to crypto.

jikurpa

Activity: 665
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 04:17:22 AM

fear I do not think if the government forbid we can not do anything to continue investing with bitcoin, and a lot of bad news about bitcoin and maybe that's what makes an investment consideration with bitcoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: