Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:08:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO][OIO] ONLINE - Together we can change the internet 🔴|🔴  (Read 135213 times)
Babu Bhatt

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:35:13 AM

How come you decided to issue your own token,couldnt all this be done with ETH?

I think that issuing your own token brings you more control over the funds and I think it's better for security reasons, but I could be wrong.

And in the end,its a convenient way to raise funds.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BigcountryRoy

Activity: 212

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:53:38 AM

Le we know, how much total fund is raised of ICO now?
Because the softcap is reached a few day ago. Thanks in advance.

Well if the softcap was reached I don't think they went much passed that, so you can take that sum as a reference point.

Most important milestone reached,so it hsould be much easier for team now .

Soft cap being reached will definitely allow for quicker development. Additionally it seems like investors are sure of the project.

Maybe reaching the soft cap so soon is an indication that the project can reach the hard cap?

That would be great for the project and all of us, but I think it will be a bit harder to reach in today's market.

You never know,lets hope for the best,but i dont think its crucial to reach hard cap anyway.It helps,but its not so important i think

Agreed, even soft cap is a big win already, hard cap would be almost too good to be true Cheesy
Lightmotiv

Activity: 222

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:55:26 AM

Do you plan to have VPN service built in?

on second page possibility of VPN discussed and whitepaper have a bit of informations about it.

Yeah, you will be able to share your bandwidth for VPN and make some money that way.

You mean i will be able to share my interet access with others,and get some OIO for that?

I don't think your internet access per se, but rather part of your bandwidth.Get some OIO or ICE for that.
SoonAmoon

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:56:25 AM

Well if the softcap was reached I don't think they went much passed that, so you can take that sum as a reference point.

Soft cap being reached will definitely allow for quicker development. Additionally it seems like investors are sure of the project.

Maybe reaching the soft cap so soon is an indication that the project can reach the hard cap?

That would be great for the project and all of us, but I think it will be a bit harder to reach in today's market.

You never know,lets hope for the best,but i dont think its crucial to reach hard cap anyway.It helps,but its not so important i think

I think it's so important for people who need security and privacy for their browsing. If I see the enthusiasm of the community on telegram channel i think this project can raised money more than the soft cap

Yes their telegram community is really active,its a place to be if you want answers as soon as possible.But its good to see that they are not ignoring forum community either!

Telegram is a bit to chaotic for me. The layout of the forum works better and it opens up to more serious and interesting conversations.
CryptoThug

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:01:32 AM

Probably for better control of funds which arw incoming or outgoing...

Most likely because you will be able to stake OIO and eran ICE that way, plus most likely because of PoET also.
HuaGwei

Activity: 219

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:01:47 AM

I think it's so important for people who need security and privacy for their browsing. If I see the enthusiasm of the community on telegram channel i think this project can raised money more than the soft cap

Yes their telegram community is really active,its a place to be if you want answers as soon as possible.But its good to see that they are not ignoring forum community either!

Telegram is a bit to chaotic for me. The layout of the forum works better and it opens up to more serious and interesting conversations.

Thats true,forum offers better quality of conversation,but its a good thing to have choice.
BoycieBuahaha

Activity: 152

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:05:17 AM

Most likely because you will be able to stake OIO and eran ICE that way, plus most likely because of PoET also.

What is ICE and PoET?
Tyrant76

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:33:59 AM

Do you plan to have VPN service built in?

on second page possibility of VPN discussed and whitepaper have a bit of informations about it.

Yeah, you will be able to share your bandwidth for VPN and make some money that way.

You mean i will be able to share my interet access with others,and get some OIO for that?

I don't think your internet access per se, but rather part of your bandwidth.Get some OIO or ICE for that.

Thats alos good,nowdays when everyone is using high speed internet,why not make some tokens that way
constructive_criticism

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:14:40 AM

What is ICE and PoET?

Proof-of-elapsed time is a relatively  new  concept.  Coins  are  distributed based on the proof that the user was doing some specific action for a rather long period of real time. Proof of time algorithm was invented by Intel and it is mainly associated with their hardware platform that provides very fast consensus model. It generates random numbers (wait time) on miner’s nodes and then chooses the node with the lowest number. So,it works like a lottery but with more complex algorithm designed to provide more optimizations. Intel promises that this algorithm cannot be broken by  external  actions  and  provides  honest  consensus  model.

Thanx for explaining Smiley there is always something new you can learn.
cmdr1

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:34:42 AM

What is ICE and PoET?

Proof-of-elapsed time is a relatively  new  concept.  Coins  are  distributed based on the proof that the user was doing some specific action for a rather long period of real time. Proof of time algorithm was invented by Intel and it is mainly associated with their hardware platform that provides very fast consensus model. It generates random numbers (wait time) on miner’s nodes and then chooses the node with the lowest number. So,it works like a lottery but with more complex algorithm designed to provide more optimizations. Intel promises that this algorithm cannot be broken by  external  actions  and  provides  honest  consensus  model.

So this means that this algorithm will be used to reward users who are lingering on some page.
snowcommander

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:11:27 PM

What is ICE and PoET?

So this means that this algorithm will be used to reward users who are lingering on some page.

Maybe it can even be used to reward some additional clicking.
positiveoutlook

Activity: 175

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:29:02 PM

I think that issuing your own token brings you more control over the funds and I think it's better for security reasons, but I could be wrong.

And in the end,its a convenient way to raise funds.

What kind of security reasons would those be? Can you eaborate a bit more?
MrSlave

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:29:50 PM

I know people have asked a couple of important questions, so here are a couple of bullets.

- Maximum number of tokens: 2,500,000,000
- OIO token price: 0.04 USD
- Payment methods accepted: Ethereum, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold,
Dash, Eth. Classic
- Adjustable distribution: Unsold and unallocated tokens will be destroyed
- Further token issuances: No, only a single token issue for the Token Generation Event
Lognak

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:47:32 PM

Can someone from the team explain the concept behind the voting designed to curate the internet?
Goldigger456

Activity: 163

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:37:34 AM

I know people have asked a couple of important questions, so here are a couple of bullets.

- Maximum number of tokens: 2,500,000,000
- OIO token price: 0.04 USD
- Payment methods accepted: Ethereum, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold,
Dash, Eth. Classic
- Adjustable distribution: Unsold and unallocated tokens will be destroyed
- Further token issuances: No, only a single token issue for the Token Generation Event

How exactly are tokens destroyed,whats the procedure?
Trollita

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:54:47 AM

What is ICE and PoET?

Any other successful projects that use proof of elapsed time?
WillerTex

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:11:10 AM

Good to hear that there will be staking system,that should help with the price staying high.
Lightmotiv

Activity: 222

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:55:47 AM

What is ICE and PoET?

Maybe it can even be used to reward some additional clicking.

I believe this only a portion of what PoET does and that there is a bit more to it then just rewarding for some actions like clicking and spending time on certain websites.
CryptoThug

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:56:57 AM

What is ICE and PoET?

ICE will be the tokens that you get as a reward from staking OIO.
BigcountryRoy

Activity: 212

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:58:49 AM

What is ICE and PoET?

Any other successful projects that use proof of elapsed time?

This is the first time I heard about this concept, so as far as I know there are no other projects using this concept,Not sure is that good or just means that this concept is no good so that's why other projects don't bother implementing it?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: