Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:04:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL while you can  (Read 401 times)
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:00:13 PM

I agreed with most of your points, I am a holder too. However, for your last point to sell and buy at the right price is not easy to achieve except for experienced traders. Hence, I choose to set a target price for my coins and hold till the target.
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:20:29 PM

Holding is the best and safest way to keep our assets, and of course we need to find the best coin to be holf for. Personally i've just choose btc, eth, ltc and etc for holding and say no for others.

Because so far, these coin really prove something that it was worth for holding
Of course, the named coins will always grow in value and therefore their retention is a good way to have a good profit in the future. However, the situation with tokens is different. Here the holding is not always appropriate, and if it is applied, it is basically up to a certain time, depending on the prospects of the projects. Therefore, the question with tokens is much more complicated and is solved in each case in its own way.
SupplyBloc

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:23:30 PM

Whatever your strategy is, understand that MANY traders lose more money trying to trade and would be better off buying and holding solid projects with good entry points.
deepali01

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:24:56 PM

yes there are advantages when holding an altcoin, but holding an alt has a time limit and you must understand when you will release your holdings. In some cases you must have patience in the coin your holding because maybe it will drop down too low beyond your expectation but if you are confident that the coin your holding will give you profit hold it while you can and control your emotions to avoid loss !! Cheesy Grin
AndriyPilipyak

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:26:17 PM

hold is the best option for all-traders and investors in my opinion, in any case we have hold coins for long term and another part of money trade

rightway00372018

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:30:08 PM

Although, whatever has advantage, also has disadvantage. Ever since i have been into crypto, i noticed that holding coins is more beneficial than immediate trading away of the coin you have.
These are some of the ways in which you can hold successfully:
1. Research the coin you plan to hold. For instance, some traded away their coins. earlier, not knowing the great benefit(s) behind the technology. Research would have helped out in this.
2. Diversify your holdings. Do not hold just one coin.
3. Monitor your holdings on exchanges on daily basis. If possible, on hourly basis, because you cannot but tell when it will moon well.
4. Look for updates on your holdings through social media.
5. Sell high at the right time and buy low at the right time. Then hodl again.

When you keep up with the cycle, you will definitely be happy to be a holder.

Do not mind my grammatical errors please.

Yes I agree you should hold as long as you can in order to earn a big profit and a good example for this is the bitcoin which is very volatile and the good thing is even it fluctuates but still able lead the market.
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 05:48:11 PM

I'm a simple man. Sell when you feel enough and when you have an acceptable profit. You should hold only when you research a lot about it an you believe that it'll grow in a long time.

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:57:26 PM

Most of the cryptocurrencies millionaires are long-term holders. If you cannot be patient to hold some of the good coins for long then the seeds of cryptocurrencies success is not in you. Many people have sold their coins at loses because they think the coins are not going to give them profit in a long run but are now regret because of were the price is.
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:26:04 PM

With what you presented above, I don't think that is HODL, HODL mean you hold the token or coin through rain ans sun, what you presented IMO is active management of ones portfolio which I think is better than blindly holding a coin for long period, Most people than hold their coins have othr sources of income and see Crypto as long term investment so comparing yourself to them maybe incorrect decision to make
Profuter

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:30:04 PM

Whatever your strategy is, understand that MANY traders lose more money trying to trade and would be better off buying and holding solid projects with good entry points.
it seems to me that only beginners lose money, and experienced traders earn a lot of money.
cryptobucs

Activity: 77

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:30:44 PM

Although, whatever has advantage, also has disadvantage. Ever since i have been into crypto, i noticed that holding coins is more beneficial than immediate trading away of the coin you have.
1. Research the coin you plan to hold. For instance, some traded away their coins. earlier, not knowing the great benefit(s) behind the technology. Research would have helped out in this.
3. Monitor your holdings on exchanges on daily basis. If possible, on hourly basis, because you cannot but tell when it will moon well.

Additional to the above, in my opinion, only buy coin that is reliable in the market in order not to have a huge loss.
grumpylittlepoodle

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 06:37:49 PM

That's what i'm doing right now and im always check the security about coin that i want to invest because many scammers is spreading aroud the world so many investor was scam by them and that is so unlucky for me if that is happen to me. I hope it wasn't

BenjaminFranklingwould

Activity: 335
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:41:31 PM

I agree with those principles but I would add that it's very important to have clear goals and deadlines for that. With all of that I think it's much better then trading for most people for sure.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
Encelad

Activity: 294
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:42:18 PM

These rules do not apply to all cryptocurrencies. Some coins must be sold at pumping and no longer use them for trading. The volatility of a particular crypto currency plays a very important role.
GoldenLad

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:49:36 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2018, 11:54:56 PM by GoldenLad

Nice article OP.  Quite interesting. I too have been holding,  though, its not always easy but I see better future in the long run. Even though,  my patient is really been tested and its not an easy thing to be patient,  but hodling is still the way out. Though, many traders may be seeing or feeling like they are gaining much by selling off and buying again but it's not everyone that's good at keeping up to sell at the appropriate time.
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:56:23 PM

Trading requires skill and experience to generate good amounts of profit and it has a learning curve of its own.
Whereas HODL is a good way to keep on to your cryptos.
What history has taught us, patience is the key to success in crypto.
In a year or two, just holding can be so profitable.
vladuch1

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:11:34 PM

Yes, this is really a good strategy for long-term investment. These rules will help you get the most out of your investment in crypto. It seems to me that the most important rule of all of these is that it is not necessary to keep only one coin, it is better to buy some coins!
Fedor07

Activity: 282
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:14:21 PM

I will be Honest with you , i like what have you wrote here , quite intresting . And yes , youre right , your idea is great . All that you are saying is true and is a better way to make more profit . If you will hold just one coin maybe you will make a lot of profit because maybe this  coin will become a great one , a famous one with a really big value . Maybe will be exactly the same as bitcoin . When bitcoin was launched he was exactly the same like the other coins , hes value was a really small one . Within a few years bitcoin grew up a lot . Maybe you will hold a coin which wil become like bitcoin in 5 years ( more or less ).
judyrob

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:20:57 PM

do not waste your time for each time is always looking at the price. the basic concepts are indeed a basic things that should be applied if holding coins. live how the practice is only be realised or panic thus remains a barrier.
Melnikof

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:24:09 PM

HODL is a good choise, but there are also disadvantages: just hodling the coins you get used to them like Gorlum and it will be difficult to sell them quickly at the right time.  HODL as long as it profitable, but make quick decisions in key moments!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: