Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:22:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: North and South Korea Finally Making Peace?  (Read 141 times)
icroatt (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:59:02 PM

After nearly 65 years of armistice, it appears that North and South Korea may have finally made peace. If this is successful, it will be one of the most important peace events between two countries that has happened in a long time. North and South Korea have quite suddenly agreed to quite a few terms, including but not limited to, complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

If you haven't read about it already, you can find more information here: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/27/world/asia/north-korea-south-kim-jong-un.html

This is a huge event, but what caused such sudden peace and negotiations? I would like to hear opinions from more people in the forum on what factors may have brought this event to fruition. North Korea has been sanctioned off for quite a long time, what might the future of the Koreas look like?
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 06:12:41 PM

This is a huge event, but what caused such sudden peace and negotiations?

Well, the referee called for the half time so the two teams need to shake hands and recover a little bit before starting over again their war.
Do you think South Korea cares about democracy in the North? or the North will dismantle its only weapons that grants its survival? I doubt..

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
icroatt (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:31:09 PM

Fair point, Kim Jong Un does make some rash decisions at times and his decisions can swing wildly, but I do think that he ultimately cares a bit for the North. The infrastructure in the North is falling apart and a majority of people are suffering. I think to an extent, he is tired of the sanctions and lack of resources. In order for the North to ever become a strong nation, it would have to be a bit of a team player for sure.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1104

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:44:16 PM

I think it would be great if they joined together and allowed those poor people from the north to choose the life they want to live.
North Korea is in a state of poverty with people eating whatever they can to survive, even grass. This can't go on for long, the country has to change or it will destroy itself, and Kom, who is travelling a lot, has to know that.

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:47:30 PM

Mod's  note: Already a topic discussing this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: