Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:21:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It's me, Skyliner  (Read 1285 times)
MiddleMan (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 08:18:32 PM

Yep. You all have been scammed. Peace.

Skyliner.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Christian Pezza

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 08:24:23 PM

Skyliner.

Yep. you are just a peace of shit!

I hope you crash your fucking Skylner when you have to land after you used all our money @$$hole!

If you like this tread consider to donate some to https://bitcointalk.org/donate.html
OmegaNemesis28

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 08:25:03 PM

its ok. Paypal claims will get through. If scammers can use it against innocent people, then why cant innocent people use it against scammers?
Christian Pezza

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 08:32:36 PM

it would have been probably better style to use 'goxed' in this forum ; )
bad joke, btw.

its ok. Paypal claims will get through. If scammers can use it against innocent people, then why cant innocent people use it against scammers?

true. using paypal to buy is kinda safe. but it's annoying to kiss every btc-selling frog in the pond to find out who's legit.

He still online active how can be banned or trace it?

If you like this tread consider to donate some to https://bitcointalk.org/donate.html
OmegaNemesis28

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 08:38:39 PM

Ugh you know i really hate being the nice person and getting used all the time. Give an inch and they take a mile

Its ok. Paypal logs all activity including ip addresses. ive been in similar situations and Paypal tracks it down. When you have two people its even better to cross reference.

Im just annoyed that bitcointalk.org hasnt done anything yet to ban
Christian Pezza

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 08:49:32 PM

Ugh you know i really hate being the nice person and getting used all the time. Give an inch and they take a mile

Its ok. Paypal logs all activity including ip addresses. ive been in similar situations and Paypal tracks it down. When you have two people its even better to cross reference.

Im just annoyed that bitcointalk.org hasnt done anything yet to ban

+1

Ridi

Activity: 200
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 08:52:26 PM

I find it interesting that everyone was warned, with predictions of his behavior during messaging, that this was a scam on the first page of his post.

AliceinCrypto.com                                                           
Progressive Free 2 Play + Play 2 Earn Fantasy Fight Game with its own Exclusive NFT Collection
▐ ▌   WIN A TESLA CYBERTRUCK   |   $60,000 in BTC   |   $50,000 in ETH   |     and MORE!     |   ▐ ▌
dub0matic

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 08:53:19 PM

mods must be on vacation today

make it rain haha
btc 176MrZ3CCXGb1GqFiGaoqQpaynzYqZsW6n
OmegaNemesis28

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 08:55:01 PM

I find it interesting that everyone was warned, with predictions of his behavior during messaging, that this was a scam on the first page of his post.

Except not only did CP do his transaction LONG BEFORE THAT, which clearly you're not aware of, but the poster also did not provide any evidence of such and at the time the seller was discussing it with each buyer
Christian Pezza

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 08:55:55 PM

I send planti emails and reports but no answers Sad

he still active member online!

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12865

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 01:07:44 AM

Do not expect mods to protect you. The forum does not do any verification, and action is taken against scammers only once it is very clear that they are scammers. Use your own brain. Don't trade with someone untrusted on #bitcoin-otc without an escrow.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Christian Pezza

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 01:19:07 AM

Do not expect mods to protect you. The forum does not do any verification, and action is taken against scammers only once it is very clear that they are scammers. Use your own brain. Don't trade with someone untrusted on #bitcoin-otc without an escrow.
we don't! was just wired to see all this happen on going for hours and nobody take action until now!
I can speak for all of us got hurt today! we appreciate the forum, we just notice the timing to verify the user was not quick that's all.

I understand it's our own deal but the problem was this guy was keep going around the forum and selling smoke all the way and do communications simultaneously was a wired situation...

Thank you for your attention

indicasteve

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2011, 02:31:56 AM

I do wish you luck in getting your funds back via a PP chargeback.

But, I fear you won't have much success.

In this circumstance, you would have to say your account was hacked to do a chargeback.

That's how the scam buyers get their chargebacks...they simply claim their PP account was hacked and the transaction was unauthorized.  In your case, you authorized the transaction.

Sorry to see this happen.  Best of luck.

Art Express!  Native American Art, Crafts and Weapons!  coingig.com/ArtExpress
BoomGoesTheDynamite

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 03:14:25 AM

Haha I knew it was skyliner. SKYLINER WHAT DO I WIN?!

You guys really need to stop and think before you do a trade. I mean at the very least check when they registered. Should you really send first to someone that JUST registered a couple days ago?

And to all you people that Pm'd telling to me to stop making accusations...Well done...-_-
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2011, 03:24:36 AM

In this circumstance, you would have to say your account was hacked to do a chargeback.
If you funded by credit card, you always have success. When you chargeback to a credit card, no matter what happens, you do not pay the disputed amount. Talk to PayPal first. Be honest, he admitted to scamming you, post a link here. If they will not chargeback, go to your credit card company. Tell them PayPal is siding with an admitted scammer. No matter what, do not pay the disputed bill. If you get a written bill with that amount, circle it, write "DISPUTED" and subtract it from the amount due.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Christian Pezza

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 03:51:57 AM

If you funded by credit card, you always have success. When you chargeback to a credit card, no matter what happens, you do not pay the disputed amount. Talk to PayPal first. Be honest, he admitted to scamming you, post a link here. If they will not chargeback, go to your credit card company. Tell them PayPal is siding with an admitted scammer. No matter what, do not pay the disputed bill. If you get a written bill with that amount, circle it, write "DISPUTED" and subtract it from the amount due.

Thank you

JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2011, 04:50:39 AM

One caution: If you do this, PayPal may take any money of yours that they are holding and use it against the chargeback. They may close your PayPal account, and they could even refuse to let you open another one. You would get your money back, but you may win the battle and lose the war. However, since this guy confessed to being a scammer, I think PayPal will probably reverse.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: