Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:12:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 [2204] 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761526 times)
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 12:56:18 AM

James 10000 NXT sent to 18146608053740744717
Thank you!
It is easy to forget about the silent majority, when the vocal minority is doing all talking

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:59:04 AM

jl777 I now understand why nodecoin is bad for NXT. But according to you I am not allowed to have this opinion. And according to your cheerleaders
me having this opinion makes me a negative troll. So in order not to disrespect you I have to say nodecoin is smart. And your supporters for them not
to call me a negative person I must say go nodecoin because jl777 works alot at it so he is ofcourse right.

I was wrong to say childish. You are very sensitive I think is better term.

Your FIRST post, which damelon responded to was 3 lines
The first words said you 'had no opinion on node coin'

The rest of your entire post was an unjustified attack on a respected member of this forum so yes you will get criticised.

If you understand why node coin is bad please explain it to me because I don't!

You are very welcome to have your opinions about what is being done but i would stay out of the public personal feedback territory.

If you notice there are many with negative opinions about node coin but they are not making personal attacks.

apenzl

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 12:59:53 AM

Your mind clouds what your eyes see. There was no personal attack. I dare somebody else say to agree with you. Do you remember in the thread a long time ago he had a tantrum when alot of people saying he needs to slow down his ideas. Again today because not everybody like nodecoin he starts sarcastic comments about inventing more coins. TF coin global warming coin. That I call childish tendencies wouldn't you? Like I said sensitive is better term.

I call it sarcasm, and selfdefense, if you really want to know. But it's irrelevant. James said it himself - it's hard to keep up the spirit, when everything seems uphill. I appreciate this ANN instead of James just fighting or putting up a false happyface.
Get some sleep, James. We support you. Get some sleep, James. We'll brainstorm Nodecoin tomorrow. Maybe it can be better.
Don't mix Nodecoin up with "all you do for Nxt". It's Nodecoin. An experiment, and one of your babies, made for the community, we know, but one. People (stakeholders!) are questioning EVERYTHING here, but you don't hear complaints about NxtCash or NxtMixer now, do you? Remember that, because the discussion about Nodecoin is not over, and you can't expect everybody to adjust to it, just because you got hurt. Sleep. Think. Drink tea. Relax. We got your back, you got ours.

apenzl

Activity: 396

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 01:01:32 AM

why is so much talk about nodecoins?

Just let us list the pros and cons, and then find a solution to the cons!

Pro:
- Support for the NXT network
- Pow miners as new users

Cons:
- Could gain the upper hand and reduce the value of NXT

Solution for Contra:
- Add a button in the asset creation for the maximum value of the asset (nodecoin)

I dont think that is much devlopment. But for fuck sake, we NEED nodecoin!

Done!

I do not understand why there are pages over pages complaning about nodecoin that the developer gets slowly tired of it...

Think about it. Apology but here are some if not many short thinker ...

Sorry for my bad english!

My 0.01 NXT! BTW when do we get fractions of NXT implemented?  Wink

+1

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 01:08:25 AM

I think at least some of it is people playing catch-up. You move fast and were trying to get a full understanding of your ideas by the time you're on to the next one. This can trigger a knee-jerk reaction if people believe their investment may be affected. I think it is also legitimate and well placed concern and critical discussions are an important part of the idea process. Nobody, nor their ideas are perfect. These discussions can slow you down on good ideas at times, but can also expose bad ones. And sometimes people just don't know wtf they're talking about (me included of course). It's a hard earned skill to sort the wheat from the chaff.  When it comes down to it, you don't need anyone's permission to change the world. You can write code and pay mind to this community or not. Just keep pushing forward.
Except I am paid to do what this community wants, so when the community goes schizo, I have to stop. After all if everybody unanimously wanted to kill nodecoin, I would be honor bound to do so. At the very least nodecoin helps test the infrastructure of AE based coins and my guardian server idea.

I dont expect everyone to be able to understand how nodecoin, multisig gateway, NXTmixer and NXTcash all interoperate at the software and server level and the type of market dynamics it will create.

I do appreciate valid feedback based on code or math and I have shown this. I am quick to abandon any approach of mine that I find an improvement to. This is critical with my style of iterative implementation. I keep reworking things over and over, each time improving things, until it is done. I am usually the first one to find flaws in my code or design and fix it, but I know i am not the brightest guy around and always open to feedback.

Just because you dont understand something I am doing, doesnt mean it will kill NXT, even if somebody else that does not understand says it will. Keep in mind that I have a large percentage of my networth in NXT. Maybe a little faith that I am not going to actively do something to kill NXT would go a long ways in reducing peoples fears about any tech I am working on.

In any case, if I do come up with some sort of NXT addon tech that is truly a threat to NXT, would you rather have it be somebody else that discovers this?

James

chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:08:51 AM

Nodecoin could be great if it could help for anonymity - everyone will be happy. Think something to use it!
Neer is in daily touch with me (as is Pouncer and now Aldrin) - we have no issue with what you say, stop worrying about this please!
Thanks, but I tend to worry about everything.

nodecoins are something everybody will have and it would make the perfect medium for the regular NXTmixer broadcasts without bloating NXT blockchain with 20,000 transactions per period. Using nodecoins as the carrier signal for encrypted payments using accounts funded by NXTcash funded accts will create the best anonymity of anything I am aware of. Even the ever skeptical anonymint didnt find anything major to complain about and that was before my latest improvements.

I was working on a dynamically self-adapting internal network that is resistant to Ddos attack and with a constantly changing designated mixing server, decentralized within the scope of the guardian servers. That is why I am using 100+ servers for this.

Then I was hijacked by all the complaints about nodecoin. Lets ignore the fact that the data that nodeminer reports can be used to recreate the exact NXT network topology and could be used to provide validation to TF or even provide an independent method of high TPS. All this nodecoin fear mongering by respected community members makes it quite difficult...

James

Wow sounds like node coins are the cryptographic equivalent of tachyons... or some other exotic, unstoppable, untraceable particle...
When you have some little time - Looking at some of the issues in the inf-com and other threads how can we understand some of the other possibilities/properties of node coins and your vision of how thinks like topology information can be done?

wesleyh

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:11:02 AM

It doesn't make sense to write what you call an ultralight client then.

Why would you not implement this yourself in a client and have a trustless solution?

THESE 2.  JLP, can you add an option to allow NRS to only process certain API requests from localhost?

Why? The prepareTransaction is good to get server side error handling (one shouldn't rely on client side error handling), when we get the response back, we can "unpack" it and see if it's the same as our input, if so, broadcast it out. You shouldn't disable this functionality.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 01:14:14 AM

Your mind clouds what your eyes see. There was no personal attack. I dare somebody else say to agree with you. Do you remember in the thread a long time ago he had a tantrum when alot of people saying he needs to slow down his ideas. Again today because not everybody like nodecoin he starts sarcastic comments about inventing more coins. TF coin global warming coin. That I call childish tendencies wouldn't you? Like I said sensitive is better term.

I call it sarcasm, and selfdefense, if you really want to know. But it's irrelevant. James said it himself - it's hard to keep up the spirit, when everything seems uphill. I appreciate this ANN instead of James just fighting or putting up a false happyface.
Get some sleep, James. We support you. Get some sleep, James. We'll brainstorm Nodecoin tomorrow. Maybe it can be better.
Don't mix Nodecoin up with "all you do for Nxt". It's Nodecoin. An experiment, and one of your babies, made for the community, we know, but one. People (stakeholders!) are questioning EVERYTHING here, but you don't hear complaints about NxtCash or NxtMixer now, do you? Remember that, because the discussion about Nodecoin is not over, and you can't expect everybody to adjust to it, just because you got hurt. Sleep. Think. Drink tea. Relax. We got your back, you got ours.
I fully expect to hear that NXTcash, NXTmixer and multisig gateway will all destroy NXT in their own way.
It just hasnt started because there have been no releases for it yet, although nobody has said DOGE multisig will ruin NXT so maybe there is hope...

Malibusparky

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:15:35 AM

Nodecoin will not allow you to circumvent Nxt fees, it's not built into core.  It's just an asset that you get for running a node, very simple. People will have to run Nxt client to get Nodecoin, so I have no idea why this would be perceived as bad for Nxt.  Nodecoin should be redeemable for accessing services (DAC, NxtCash, whatever), not for Nxt itself.  I don't see anyone trading Nxt for Nodecoin.  It gives us a good testcase for AE coins.  Thank you James.  Now let's help James with DAC, NxtCash, the good stuff!  

If you run a NXT node, you are supposed to receive NXTcoins and it is called forging. That is what NXTcoins are designed to do. If you think people running nodes don't get enough Nxtcoins, you need to fix it by increasing the transactions or compensate with NXT or btc. You don't compensate them with nodecoins because nodecoins are created from nowhere and almost no cost. Then you pay 0.01 Nxtcoin for 1 nodecoins. You devalue the Nxtcoins right here. All transactions (dac, nxtcash, Escrow service and so on) on NXT platform should be charged with NXT and NXT alone.

Imaging in the future, if there are 30% nodes are compensated by nodecoins, will you still be able to control the price and only pay 0.01 NXT for 1 nodecoins? No, it will be 1 nodecoin=0.3 Nxtcoin. It will devalue NXTcoins right there.

It is great to create coins on top of NXT. It is also BCNext's vision. But you need to do it with a business purpose, not doing what Nxtcoins are supposed to do. BCNext has mentioned that he tried to reduce mining for mining (selfish mining). We should not double reward this kind forging/mining for mining thing, especially at NXT owners cost. This is definitely not consistent to BCNext's vision.

This convinced me nodecoin is ehhh.

Again you call that attacking? Saying he had childish tendencies is not name calling it is a fair observation based on his history. I also forgot
that after few people disagree with nodecoin he said he deleted the nodecoin code. Tantrum? Sounded like childish tendency to me. Whatever
I am only defending that I have freedom to make observation but I did so without personal attack. You are wrong to say thats what I did. I
would never say hurtful things to someone for the sake to attack. You guys are the ones defending for the sake of defending.  

Edit

Nodecoin is here to stay. This thread is sick of hearing it they have better things to talk about. Move on
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 01:18:37 AM

Nodecoin could be great if it could help for anonymity - everyone will be happy. Think something to use it!
Neer is in daily touch with me (as is Pouncer and now Aldrin) - we have no issue with what you say, stop worrying about this please!
Thanks, but I tend to worry about everything.

nodecoins are something everybody will have and it would make the perfect medium for the regular NXTmixer broadcasts without bloating NXT blockchain with 20,000 transactions per period. Using nodecoins as the carrier signal for encrypted payments using accounts funded by NXTcash funded accts will create the best anonymity of anything I am aware of. Even the ever skeptical anonymint didnt find anything major to complain about and that was before my latest improvements.

I was working on a dynamically self-adapting internal network that is resistant to Ddos attack and with a constantly changing designated mixing server, decentralized within the scope of the guardian servers. That is why I am using 100+ servers for this.

Then I was hijacked by all the complaints about nodecoin. Lets ignore the fact that the data that nodeminer reports can be used to recreate the exact NXT network topology and could be used to provide validation to TF or even provide an independent method of high TPS. All this nodecoin fear mongering by respected community members makes it quite difficult...

James

Wow sounds like node coins are the cryptographic equivalent of tachyons... or some other exotic, unstoppable, untraceable particle...
When you have some little time - Looking at some of the issues in the inf-com and other threads how can we understand some of the other possibilities/properties of node coins and your vision of how thinks like topology information can be done?
Not nodecoins per se, but I tend to utilize all of the things that are around to create the best possible implementation and nodecoins are there, so I will probably use them.

If you dont mind, I will move to the inf-com thread as I am clearly a bit burned out by the negativity in the main thread. Maybe we can reach consensus there and I wont even have to post details in the mainthread.

Mistafreeze

Activity: 897
Merit: 284

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:23:30 AM

I'm a little behind because today is my son's birthday, but here is the Windows Installer for Nxt 0.8.9

https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,1902.0.html
rickyjames

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:34:24 AM

88223      18084506661333818708      3/13/2014 7:58:45 PM   
0      0 + 0      0 B   
2      14729357117790820140      70.4 %

I seem to be stuck on this running 0.8.9 - how do I get back on the right track?
Antana

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:36:49 AM

stuck too

btc2nxt

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:44:39 AM

Is anything on NXT unit tested? EVER?

i estimate
Level1 test units tested 30-50%
Level2 test units tested 10%
Level3 test units tested 10% (i focused these test units)
ebereon

Activity: 397
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:44:49 AM

stuck too, running 2 rpi with 0.8.8
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:50:26 AM

Nodecoin is not a clear cut issue. It seems more want to see where this goes than not. James, release the hounds. I hope you make a lot of money on it.
nodecoin is a nonprofit coin, meant for supporting NXT network, just looking to cover costs with minimal fees

My for profit coins are still in development.
Great,James.
cannt wait to see the creative idea and development.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ebereon

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:52:49 AM

Blockchain explorer http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=10 also stuck....

hmmm....
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:58:26 AM

Can anyone tell me why I get nodecoin even though I'm not running the nodecoin script?
The same question.
Boz I am continuously forging with my acc on the testnet?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
rdanneskjoldr

Activity: 288

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:59:59 AM

49 minutes for a block?? Holy shit I got scared!

88225      4747512364439223888      14.3.2014 02:51:43   
1      3'978 + 1      128 B   
2      5148614664932127536      282 %   

88224      8797677203327163788      14.3.2014 02:47:43   
8      522'991 + 10      1'024 B   
2      16294986670236726124      141 %   

88223      18084506661333818708      14.3.2014 01:58:45   
0      0 + 0      0 B   
2      14729357117790820140      70.4 %   

Sick.Is this dangerous?
ebereon

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:01:23 AM

Can anyone tell me why I get nodecoin even though I'm not running the nodecoin script?
The same question.
Boz I am continuously forging with my acc on the testnet?
Yes, if one of your peers have running the nodecoin, you will get also rewarded.
Pages: « 1 ... 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 [2204] 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: