Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:14:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761527 times)
ViktorK

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:10:46 PM

Added non-hallmarked node in Netherlands - 31.204.130.123

easyCopyString:
162.243.214.68; 95.85.46.164; 162.243.216.55; 162.243.143.15; 95.85.46.249; 93.190.92.74; 37.209.120.192; 93.190.92.75; 85.25.134.59; 93.190.92.76; vps1.nxtcrypto.org;  vps2.nxtcrypto.org;  vps3.nxtcrypto.org;  vps4.nxtcrypto.org;  vps5.nxtcrypto.org; nxtwallet.com; 31.220.50.208; nxt.ddos.me; 203.174.12.25; 88.198.142.92; 66.197.138.90; 64.120.180.106; 109.230.224.65; 80.86.92.50; node1.nextcoin.it; node2.nextcoin.it; node3.nextcoin.it; node4.nextcoin.it; node5.nextcoin.it; nxt.homer.ru; 31.204.130.123;

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gbeirn

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:11:05 PM

There will be panic sell, because the price will go back to December lows, closer to 0, due to constant huge DDoS and other attacks. Many stakeholders will panic sell for fear to lose all and will try to make at least part of their financial dreams to come true by trying to sell before others. When price gets to close to 0 again, that's when real distribution starts. We haven't seen nothing yet. My prediction anyway, take it with a grain of salt Smiley
I think so too. We will see a bigger drop in the price sometime, maybe sometime soon. Some of the current NXT buyers just want to make some quick money and will start to dump, or maybe one of the first-stakeholders will sell all their (millions of) NXTs. I hope NXT will survive this pricedrop.

Anyway if one/some first-stakeholder(s) will sell all their NXTs it will be good for the NXT network, it will stabilize the price after a bumpy ride because a wider distribution of NXTs. Smiley

I agree, after the source code is release, I think, maybe given a week or two after that. Fine by me, I am in this for the long haul. Smiley

NXT VPS Server Donations can be sent here: 6044921191674841550
At the end of each month I will donate some of them back to the community.
This is separate from my main wallet so you can keep track of them. I will keep them in there and only use them for hosting.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:13:42 PM

Can we put test funds there??

That's hard, there is no code to generate a new genesis block. One of the founders should use his account (if it's empty in the real blockchain) and send coins to ppl. NEVER USE UR REAL ACCOUNTS, test transactions can be broadcasted to the real blockchain.

Yes if one of the founders could please PM that would be great. I am one of the founders but my coins were sent to me later since I missed the time to claim them.
I am dumb, I don't understand!..

If you claimed your coins in time for the genesis block creation, they are in there and can be unlocked using your secret phrase. Since I missed that, BCNext sent me mine later so I can't use the phassphrase to get to them (my coins only existed under my control at block 100 or something). Someone who was in the Genesis block can give us their passphrase we can unlock those coins and use them on testnet. Obviously only if they have moved those coins out of the real account on the real net (since the passphrases are identical on both real and test net).
I was in the genesis block - if I create a new account and move all of my funds then you could use the old account right? I could leave the bounty amount for the test purposes but I am not sure I wanna do this yet.

Why is this essential? To fund test nodes from a genesis block account?
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:15:43 PM

There will be panic sell, because the price will go back to December lows, closer to 0, due to constant huge DDoS and other attacks. Many stakeholders will panic sell for fear to lose all and will try to make at least part of their financial dreams to come true by trying to sell before others. When price gets to close to 0 again, that's when real distribution starts. We haven't seen nothing yet. My prediction anyway, take it with a grain of salt Smiley
I think so too. We will see a bigger drop in the price sometime, maybe sometime soon. Some of the current NXT buyers just want to make some quick money and will start to dump, or maybe one of the first-stakeholders will sell all their (millions of) NXTs. I hope NXT will survive this pricedrop.

Anyway if one/some first-stakeholder(s) will sell all their NXTs it will be good for the NXT network, it will stabilize the price after a bumpy ride because a wider distribution of NXTs. Smiley

I really doubt the price will come down.  I'd expect it to settle down at a much higher level that where we are currently.

In terms of spreading of NXT among new users, tons of selling is already going on, but the price keeps climbing.

NXT is a highly disruptive technology and everyone gets the big picture.  10 cents is a bargain.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
nexern

Activity: 597
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:16:41 PM

incredible, last time i said i have to grab my surfboard for this nice wave
but i changed my mind, i am switching over to mountain gear now,
even if this is not my preferred outdoor activity.  Grin

http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=2
gbeirn

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:19:18 PM

Can we put test funds there??

That's hard, there is no code to generate a new genesis block. One of the founders should use his account (if it's empty in the real blockchain) and send coins to ppl. NEVER USE UR REAL ACCOUNTS, test transactions can be broadcasted to the real blockchain.

Yes if one of the founders could please PM that would be great. I am one of the founders but my coins were sent to me later since I missed the time to claim them.
I am dumb, I don't understand!..

If you claimed your coins in time for the genesis block creation, they are in there and can be unlocked using your secret phrase. Since I missed that, BCNext sent me mine later so I can't use the phassphrase to get to them (my coins only existed under my control at block 100 or something). Someone who was in the Genesis block can give us their passphrase we can unlock those coins and use them on testnet. Obviously only if they have moved those coins out of the real account on the real net (since the passphrases are identical on both real and test net).
I was in the genesis block - if I create a new account and move all of my funds then you could use the old account right? I could leave the bounty amount for the test purposes but I am not sure I wanna do this yet.

Why is this essential? To fund test nodes from a genesis block account?

No we need test coins on the test net. Right now the test net starts from the Genesis block and so we have no access to any coins with out knowing a passsphrase from an account that holds some original coins.

This is separate from my main wallet so you can keep track of them. I will keep them in there and only use them for hosting.
laowai80

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:20:12 PM

I really doubt the price will come down.

It doesn't matter what happens short term anyway.
yuriygeorge

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

I hate my family

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:20:47 PM

I really doubt the price will come down.  I'd expect it to settle down at a much higher level that where we are currently.

In terms of spreading of NXT among new users, tons of selling is already going on, but the price keeps climbing.

NXT is a highly disruptive technology and everyone gets the big picture.  10 cents is a bargain.

Disagree, in September/October, the early adopters pitched in 0.00000021 BTC for all 1 billion coins. Now they're going for 600,000% what they originally paid for.. And this was in just 1 month. For something that's not open sourced yet, and unproven theory. This is highly overvalued. The early adopters are all probably hoarding the coins and only a few are being sold on the market, thus causing scarcity. And people can't do simple math and don't even realize that's what they're paying for these 1 Billion coins that already all out in circulation.

People are just not aware.

▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄██▀▀▀               ▀▀▄▄
      ▄▄█▀                         ▀▀▄
    ▄█▀                        ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█
  ▄██                     ▄▄█▀▀     ▄▀
 ██▀                 ▄▄██████▄    ▄▀
███               ▄▄██████████▄  ▀
██             ▄▄█████████████▀
██          ▄▄█████████████▀
██        ▄ ▀██████████████
██▄    ▄██▀▀  ▀▀████████▀
 ██   ██▀        ▀▀████▀
  ██ █▀
   ▀█
  █▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀    ▀▄

SatoshiGames.io
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
               ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█  ▄█     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █  ▀ █            ▀▀▀▀▄
█  █▄        ▄▀                    ▄▀
▀▄ █ ▀       █         ▄           █
 █          █        ▄██▄         ▄▀
 █         ▄▀     ▄██████▄       ▄▀
 ▀▄        █    ▄█████████▄      █
  █       █      ██████████▄    ▄▀
  █      ▄▀        ▀████████   ▄▀
  ▀▄     █        ▄████▀▀▀▀    █
   █    █          ▀▀▀█       ▄▀
   █   ▄▀                    ▄▀
   ▀▄  █                     █
    █  ▀▄▄              █ ▄ ▄▀
    █     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄       █▀ ▄▀
    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄█

▄▄▄▄██████▄▄█▄▄██████▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
▄▀▄           █           ▄▀▄
█   █         ▄█▄         █   █
█     █        ███        █     █
█       █       ███       █       █
█         █     █████     █         █
█           █    █████    █           █
█             █   █████   █             █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █████   █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀███████████▀    █████    ▀███████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ███       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄███▄
▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
BTC
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:22:17 PM

Disagree, in September/October, the early adopters pitched in 0.00000021 BTC for all 1 billion coins. Now they're going for 600,000% what they originally paid for.. And this was in just 1 month. For something that's not open sourced yet, and unproven theory. This is highly overvalued. The early adopters are all probably hoarding the coins and only a few are being sold on the market, thus causing scarcity. And people can't do simple math and don't even realize that's what they're paying for these 1 Billion coins that already all out in circulation.

You should move to North Korea. Being there you can really take care for other people.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:22:19 PM

I still suggest u to use mega-percents. It will be hard to count all zeros soon.
greyw00lf

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:25:42 PM

Not if some stakeholders of 50-100million NXT are selling everything in a short time, you know supply and demand Wink

Maybe selling is going on too slow, for my taste the price is rising too fast, but that's how it goes.
I'd like to see some statistics about distribution of NXT. If 90% is in the hands of the (73) first-stakeholders and only the trading of the remaining 10% is generating the price of NXT, that would be bad in my eyes. We need more distribution! That would help a lot, regarding the public view of NXT.

starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:25:49 PM

incredible, last time i said i have to grab my surfboard for this nice wave
but i changed my mind, i am switching over to mountain gear now,
even if this is not my preferred outdoor activity.  Grin

http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=2
Something wrong here

Code:
Avg. Unit Price
Day : 29 0.00012127
Day : 28 0.01430194
Day : 27 0.00005272
yuriygeorge

I hate my family

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:26:32 PM

You should move to North Korea. Being there you can really take care for other people.
Just trying to get these at a more deserving price.

I predict there will be mass sell offs around January 3rd. I'll buy some more then. Also am enjoying the ride a little until then.

▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄
 ██   ██▀        ▀▀████▀
  ██ █▀
   ▀█
  █▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀    ▀▄

SatoshiGames.io
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
               ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█  ▄█     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄█

▄███▄
▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
BTC
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
gbeirn

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:27:33 PM

Regarding TESTNET:

Please anyone interested start to co-ordinate! I don't have time to manage this at all, I want a united team to fund only.

Would be 100K be sufficient? Too low? Too high?

Decide how you will co-operate and who is gonna receive the money...

What is the testnet for this time?

General testing of features as they come out. Testing anything really.

Why don't we use the testnet we used lastime for testing alias system? There are testcoins which can be issued. Cfb was responsible for the last testnet.
Sure we can! I don't know if it needs more nodes etc.
Does it need administration? By whom?
We need a team dedicated I think..
(CfB has more important tasks atm)

Ok, I have one testnet server setup at : https://162.243.81.243:6875/

Can you be the proxy in this effort?

Certainly! I may be more useful in this as NXT grows since I still have a full time job.....hopefully not for long Wink

Regarding TESTNET:

Please anyone interested start to co-ordinate! I don't have time to manage this at all, I want a united team to fund only.

Would be 100K be sufficient? Too low? Too high?

Decide how you will co-operate and who is gonna receive the money...

The good news is that for a test net, we can prob get by with min spec VPS.
https://www.budgetvm.com/account/cart.php?a=add&pid=254

def should keep the group small and very private to keep DDOS out.

Im in for a few VPSs
Ok you two maybe need to start a new thread (post link here) and tell me what expenses will be needed for the infrastructures, how many people will be involved etc so I can make decisions on the rewards.

Also we will post this in the BOUNTYS thread too in case we can gather more funds from other stakeholders..

Here is the new thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=386304.0

I don't personally require any donations at this time. I can fund it out of my own expense and previous donations at this time.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:27:39 PM

Maybe selling is going on too slow, for my taste the price is rising too fast, but that's how it goes.
I'd like to see some statistics about distribution of NXT. If 90% is in the hands of the (73) first-stakeholders and only the trading of the remaining 10% is generating the price of NXT, that would be bad in my eyes. We need more distribution! That would help a lot, regarding the public view of NXT.

Don't worry. Soon we'll get more DDoS attacks, black PR and other similar things. Some of the major stakeholders will lose confidence and sell most of their coins.
greyw00lf

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:28:19 PM

Don't worry. Soon we'll get more DDoS attacks, black PR and other similar things. Some of the major stakeholders will lose confidence and sell most of their coins.
Maybe, we'll see Smiley

starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:29:14 PM

And people can't do simple math and don't even realize that's what they're paying for these 1 Billion coins that already all out in circulation.

So you think you are far far more clever than other people, yes?  Grin And came here to teach us? Roll Eyes
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:33:59 PM

It also depends on how much Nxt you have and your appetite for risk. If I am holding 20million + Nxt right now, I will probably sell some eventhough I have a very high expectation for Nxt. But since I have much less than that I am going to sit tight at least until 1Nxt = 0.001 Btc.
So as times goes one, we will gradually have a more equal distribution of Nxt.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
nexern

Activity: 597
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:35:06 PM

if you are using this kind of logic, the attackers should stop blocking e.g. dgex immediatly, because dgex is an important
distributor, able to clear at least one point you have mentioned above but they don't and therefore preventing broader distribution,
so perhaps you should ask them to get an usefull answer on this.

yuriygeorge

I hate my family

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:36:30 PM

1,000,000,000 (1 billion) initial coins
73 initial adopters
so roughly 13.7 Million each (assume equal distribution)
at 21 BTC Total
0.000000021 BTC per coin

current market rate is about 0.00013 (6000x)

To those are who are buying these coins... most of the coins are being hoarded, so you can only buy them on the market for 6000x or 600,000% of what all of the 1 billion coins were paid for at genesis. The early adopters are being greedy, selling them at such a high rate for an unproven technology that hasn't been open sourced. Also, the exchange enforces a minimum order price. They're all already out in circulation, they collectively paid $3000-$4000 for them in September/October. And only a fraction is being sold on the market, at 600,000% premium.

Stop buying these coins so high.

▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄
 ██   ██▀        ▀▀████▀
  ██ █▀
   ▀█
  █▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀    ▀▄

SatoshiGames.io
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
               ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█  ▄█     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄█

▄███▄
▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
BTC
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
Pages: « 1 ... 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: