Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:36:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 [811] 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761525 times)
nxtgt

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:19:15 PM

I'm finally out of dgex.com (still had BTC in the account, bought NXT and got them out after "just" two days) and I am out of buying and selling NXT as long as there is no alternative exchange. (Please no Peercover/Ripple/Private Escrow follow-ups... Thank you.)

Allow me some final words regarding dgex.com.

1.) GCInc, thanks a lot for your service over the last weeks. I think the dgex exchange was very important for NXT and you did a good and brave job with setting it up and running it.

2.) GCInc, you are a thief. You've just stolen around US$20 from me and the service you provided for me over the last weeks is worth more than US$20, but still you are thief. It feels like a friend asked you to borrow some money from you and when he pays back, he tells you that he changed his mind and only pays you back 99% of what you borrowed him. You totally lost credibility with your move to change the fees without previous notice, thus I am out of dgex until its under new management.

3.) I came for the quick profit - I stay because of the very cool community. With this NXT community there were other ways to "cover your ass". While you still had a reputation for what you've done for NXT you had a good chance to explain why you lost 800.000 with your exchange and ask for help from the community. After following here over the last weeks, I am convinced you would have gotten help from us.

4.) "Third in command"? This is a PR disaster... Unfortuntely, your way of managing dgex and answering only questions that you think you have good answers for makes me fear that this is in fact how you see yourself. I don't want to make business with you having the feeling that you are the boss and not that were a business partners.

5.)
Will you commit to announcing ahead of time any fee INCREASES?
This fee increase was a mistake, yet seemed like the only option. I had to cover my ass in case the source release had exploded the price 3x...4x... god knows how much, every percent tightening the deficit rope around my neck more and more.

Well, nobody else jumped onto this, but this was the point when all (remaining) alarm bells began to rang. What you basically said was that we have an exchange that is run in a way to have a NXT market value that the exchange owner is comfortable with. WTF??? So, because you still have 800.000 NXT missing you have an interest in low market values and you actually run the exchange in your interest. This is just beyond me... And it is totally beyond me that anyone still uses dgex after your sentence above.

What scares me the most of this situation is that there is 75 million of peoples Nxt sitting in this dgex reserve account: http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=3000&acc=12292439833850569026

Do I understand properly that this is a secondary account for dgex deposits made to the main account? Frightening to think that this type of person has control over 7.5% of the coin cap.

To be fair, it should comfort you to know that the exchange is well capitalised and, thus, won't default on your deposits.

its not as bad as it seems at first. the whole security model of nxt relies on the currency being not overly centralized. if dgex were to run off with 7.5% of all of the coins they would actually destroy the value of those coins in the process. meaning there is not a lot of incentive for them to do it.

Take this piece of text from the dgex user agreement into consideration before making such conclusions.

"Once a deposit is made, the funds transferred become the property of DGEX.com and
    the client can hold no claim for the funds displayed on their DGEX.com account..."

"Refund Policy: While DGEX.com is aiming for bona fide operationability, there are no refunds.
   All deposits are considered final purchases of digital tokens within the DGEX.com database only."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:24:26 PM

Bug report:

I have a bug when sending out money, twice in a row. The transactions still went though but the server stopped working and the send money command never moved to "money is sent" stage.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
rickyjames

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:26:55 PM

BCNext = Beyonce comes Next = Come from Beyonce ??

solved...

U could ask rickyjames to find BCNext and ask who he is... Smiley

Some things in life are better left with an air of mystery about them.
EmoneyRu

Activity: 600
Merit: 500

Nxt-kit developer

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:27:40 PM

Bug report:

Registered alias via alias.html
Filled fields. Pressed button. Button disabled. Wait. Wait. Button enabled. No text in bottom text field appeared.

What should I do?

jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 03:29:25 PM

Peercover has completed manually fixing all the transactions.
To my knowledge, only three slipped through the cracks.
They are running 0.5.3 now, so hopefully it will remain in fully automated mode.

HOWEVER, I have been advised that for the next week, they won't be able to manually reconcile transactions. IF the NXT server crashes, you will have to wait until next week. I know this is not exactly comforting, but the NXT that is already on deposit can be freely traded without any fees or commissions. All the trades are done via the rippled servers, the only thing affected is the automated deposit/withdraw process for NXT.

Please be patient.

If you really, really need to get your NXT withdrawn or really really want to deposit your NXT, I can personally handle transactions of up to 10000 NXT. Just PM me.

I really hope we can all be patient as peercover regroups to deal with things. As long as 0.5.3 server doesn't hang, all is good.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:32:05 PM

Bug report:

I have a bug when sending out money, twice in a row. The transactions still went though but the server stopped working and the send money command never moved to "money is sent" stage.

What was the error message in the console?
EmoneyRu

Nxt-kit developer

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:33:18 PM

Bug report:

Filled fields. Pressed button. Button disabled. Wait. Wait. Button enabled. No text in bottom text field appeared.

What should I do?

I would wait for at least ten blocks to see if a transaction appears in that account.

Edit: This just happened to me too... I got a transaction number for the alias assignment... but nothing has appeared in the Block Explorer yet.

I know, I know. And we know that

Most mainstream users just like what are friendly and easy to use.

utopianfuture

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:36:02 PM

Bug report:

I already restarted the client. Sorry to ask it again but How to record a log in Window ?

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:36:13 PM

Bug report:

What should I do?

I would wait for at least ten blocks to see if a transaction appears in that account.

Edit: This just happened to me too... I got a transaction number for the alias assignment... but nothing has appeared in the Block Explorer yet.

An easy fix would be to extend 15 sec gap for transaction timestamp... If a timestamp is more than 15 sec in the future, the transation is ignored.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:36:58 PM

Bug report:

I already restarted the client. Sorry to ask it again but How to record a log in Window ?

[Alt] + [PrintScreen]
NxtChoice

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:38:17 PM

Bug report:

What should I do?

I have encountered it at least 5 times.
EmoneyRu

Nxt-kit developer

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:38:29 PM

Bug report:

What should I do?

An easy fix would be to extend 15 sec gap for transaction timestamp... If a timestamp is more than 15 sec in the future, the transation is ignored.

U just have to convince the community that it's a useful feature and find someone who will write the code.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:40:12 PM

We can't just extend 15 sec limit. Node owners will stop watching their clocks and the network will become vulnerable to time travel attacks.
EmoneyRu

Nxt-kit developer

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:46:57 PM

Any ways to speed up block generating? Maybe target manipulating?

http://www.links.org/files/decentralised-currencies.pdf

Beyonce posted this a while back... Are there any discussions on bitcointalk about it?
I finally read that paper

Ebrelus

Activity: 186

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:55:59 PM

If there are some accounts with substancial amounts of NXT which are nobody's property and have weaker passwords than maybe we could create special thread to organise group cracking.

I'm sure a lot of people would like to use script/program to make such group brute force treasure hunting Smiley
It could be constructed in similar way as altcoins pool mining with system of distribution f.e. lucky one would get half of found NXTs and the rest of could get proportional part of other half. Also it could be a simple solo treasure hunting.

This would be great for increasing NXT community and would be simply fun. In future because of growing amounts of NXT's lost in void it would become even more successful. What do you think about it?

I would love to have a group like this exist. It would really show how difficult (or easy Smiley) it is to crack a NXT account.

I would gladly raise a funding for a project like this even just for research purpose.

I would consider that to be morally wrong, at least trying to crack private keys for weak passphrases.  However, the hiberNXT on the other hard where there are no published public keys are another story.

You made a good point. Someone's acount can also have weak password.
But isn't there any difference between passwords locking common users accounts and these unused with NXTs sent there by mistake? Isn't it different format of password like random string + ending with string of zeros?
If there is a difference we can simply create a standard for treasure hunting of only these lost NXTs.
EmoneyRu

Nxt-kit developer

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:57:49 PM

Any ways to speed up block generating? Maybe target manipulating?

http://www.links.org/files/decentralised-currencies.pdf

Beyonce posted this a while back... Are there any discussions on bitcointalk about it?
I finally read that paper

I have a better question: if I hardcode 136941 first blocks and run it at single node will my chain win? Why not?

opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:01:00 PM

If there are some accounts with substancial amounts of NXT which are nobody's property and have weaker passwords than maybe we could create special thread to organise group cracking.

I'm sure a lot of people would like to use script/program to make such group brute force treasure hunting Smiley
It could be constructed in similar way as altcoins pool mining with system of distribution f.e. lucky one would get half of found NXTs and the rest of could get proportional part of other half. Also it could be a simple solo treasure hunting.

This would be great for increasing NXT community and would be simply fun. In future because of growing amounts of NXT's lost in void it would become even more successful. What do you think about it?

I would love to have a group like this exist. It would really show how difficult (or easy Smiley) it is to crack a NXT account.

I would gladly raise a funding for a project like this even just for research purpose.

I would consider that to be morally wrong, at least trying to crack private keys for weak passphrases.  However, the hiberNXT on the other hard where there are no published public keys are another story.

But isn't there any difference between passwords locking common users accounts and these unused with NXTs sent there by mistake? Isn't it different format of password like random string + ending with string of zeros?
If there is a difference we can simply create a standard for treasure hunting of only these lost NXTs.

As CfB said, its to allow future recovery of "lost" NXT in the future. "Lost" as in someone mistakenly sent NXT to the wrong address that doesnt yet exist.

So basically, CfB and BCNext are here to tell you that that was the plan all along, and that EVERYONE is advised to secure all accounts by paying for at least 1 transaction/alias.

CAUSE IM COMING FOR YOUR HIBERNXT WITH MA CURVE25519 ASIC IN 2015
utopianfuture

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:02:44 PM

There is a difference between black hat and white hat hackers. We can try to hack even normal accounts, not to take the money away but to inform the owner and also raise the awareness about the security issue. I think it is normal procedure for security firm to invite or hire white hat hackers to hack their system to see if there is any compromise.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:05:39 PM

If u use SHA256(Curve25519(Random256Bits)) instead of SHA256(Curve25519(SHA256(RandomChars))) to hack the accounts then u still will be a good guy.
Isildur23

Activity: 178

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:08:09 PM

I just read 300+ pages of Come-from-Beyond's posts Cheesy I'm freak I know...(actually was quite fun cause very often you are not sure if he is serious or he is trolling trolls Cheesy)
I have to say though that I found in his posts more valueable info than anywhere else! I think anyone who does this will feel much more confident about NXT!
p.s. I hope he doesn't say now "Thank you for your frictionlesscoin competent opinion"  Grin

Ties are a prison for the soul...
Pages: « 1 ... 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 [811] 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: