Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:37:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 [1433] 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761527 times)
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 02:53:47 AM

Nxt Ad Server
I've been talking to people at inclick.net about integrating Nxt support into their ad server.  The are saying they would be willing to add such support for the right price, which is to be determined. I wanted to throw the idea out there to see what the community thought.

Money flows through the Network as Nxt
The idea would be that advertisers would load their accounts with Nxt, and would be willing to pay X cents per click on their ads, we'd likely measure the ad prices in dollars and convert the fee for now due to price stability concerns but send the appropriate number of Nxt from the advertiser to the publisher upon someone clicking on an ad, and using inclick.net, the ads are contextual and try to match what is on the page, similar to Google Adsense.

Forgers are rewarded anytime someone clicks on an ad
Where it gets cool in my opinion is that anytime someone clicks on an ad, we would take some profit from the money going from advertiser to publisher and split it between the company and the current Nxt forger.  Meaning increased and hopefully more consistent amounts made by forgers.  We would need to be able to support payments smaller than 1 nxt to the forgers as this would likely be less than 1 Nxt that we could afford to give away per click but I'm sure that would be worked out with the Nxt team if we are offering to 'give away' free Nxt.

Share Ad Revenue with people who share your article and therefore send you 'free' traffic
The other cool and unique feature is that we would allow people showing our ads to add a little button similar to a 'share on facebook' button, this allows people to share a link to this website that is displaying the ads, probably within an article and in exchange they too would split the money the publisher earns for any ad clicks generated by traffic sent by the person sharing the website. So for example Bob links to Alices article. If Charlie reads Bob's article, clicks on the link, then clicks on an ad on Alice's website, even on another page, Alice and Bob split the money earned by that click.  I think this is a cool idea by itself, I've spent some time analyzing that business and think it has potential by itself. The advantage is that by using Nxt to pay for shares, we can both get Nxt in the hands of many new people but also eventually have lower transaction fees than fiat and work with micro-transactions easier.

A few example scenarios where this second feature would be appreciated:
-Someone shares a link to a cool website on twitter and earns money by sharing pages that contain our ads, especially if they had a large enough following.
-Someone would like to quote an article within their own article and they get an extra thank you for it, meaning they'll prefer to use links to sites showing our ads, which will get increased traffic.
-Include 'interesting articles' link boxes contextually matched to the website, send traffic to other websites and get paid when they receive clicks on their ads

Final thoughts
I've worked through the math myself and am satisfied that if people were researching a certain topic and came across a website using our 'Earn Nxt for Sharing' System, it would be worth their time to use our links instead of others and could increase the money made by an online article by at least 10%, possibly 20% as opposed to linking to sites that don't use our ads.  Happy to share that math here.

We could seed the ad network using affiliate ads from a place such as commission junction to solve the chicken and egg problem of getting such a network started and initially primarily look for publishers.

What do you think about this idea?

So the question I'd like to know is, how do people feel about this idea?  Agree it's worth the time and money to get it up and running? Currently just testing the water before pushing forward with this.

After much searching, I'd say either going with them of the open source 'Revive' ad network seems like the best choice to me.  using revive would allow easily displaying Google Adsense ads through them and be open source, which is always nice.  Inclick on the other hand claims to prevent people trying to game the system and make fraudulent clicks, which I would consider necessary and seems better developed to me.

I have some money I'd be willing to put toward this idea but I'm sure not enough to finance inclick integrating all of this, if there would be a bounty on such an idea would it be possible to get something in advance, perhaps sent directly to the inclick.net staff to pay them to integrate this?  They say they are willing to do the integration and that the only way to get Nxt to flow through the system is for them to do it.  Again, price is to be negotiated, possibly getting multiple quotes depending upon which features were initially integrated.  Once set-up, I'd be happy to admin the site if I could negotiate a salary/percentage of revenue earned for admining the website. The rest would flow to the investors who make this project possible and the forgers.

Perhaps ideally a decentralized version of this could eventually be run by the Nxt network making the forging fees a little bit more natural but for now it would be centralized.  They already intend to eventually add decentralized file storage which would be useful.  From an advertisers point of view, one plus for decentralizing would be potentially more ads would get through ad-block like systems since they are served by different IP addresses.
Sounds interesting, the more ways we can find for people to use NXT, the better especially if it increases the forging fees.

However, without actual costs I can't analyze if it actually makes sense.  I encourage to push onward and getting more details

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
QBTC

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:08:50 AM

A big thank you to the donor of 2000 NXT to my website and social networking account.! It's definitely a morale booster and I appreciate it very much!

Can you disclose the total amount of donations, this would help in figuring out how much to delegate.

is this appropriate?  private donations should not be required to be delegated

I think you misunderstood.  I wanted to know how much QBTC received in donations just to figure out how much more we should give.  I donated 25k to her a month ago for example.

That's easy, just check my marketing account. Money in equals donations. Some earlier ones given around the logo discussions...

Thank you for your generosity msin! Yours were also some of the first words of encouragement. I appreciate it.
^[GS]^

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:27:20 AM

How can accelerate confirmations of transactions to be effective as soon as possible.
Because 1440 confirmations is not 24 hours, but rather ~48 hours.
Is a long time, is there any way to force confirmations via API?
NxtChoice

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:13:00 AM

Hi all,

Could we simulate the 1000TPS?

I think that it would be great as a marketing tool for salscz while comparing it to bitcoin.

Talking about something vs actually demonstrating it, are two different thing... and it will also serve as "proof of ability/technology"

+1

Conduct a simulation and get some numbers, figures, plots for a demo show during the conference is a great marketing, which suggests Nxt's potential though there's only not more than 1 TPS at present.

BTW, as the number of users increase, the fee decrease, the number of tx will also increase a lot. Say the fee 1/10, the AM will be more popular and tx number will increase more than 10X, so we may get 10~100 TPS in April.

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 04:39:32 AM

CfB,

How long would it take for you to implement an escrow API? Not sure of all the arguments I need, but at the high level:

escrow NXT for acct # -> [transaction id]

release escrow [transaction id] -> NXT is transfered to acct #

probably need a cancel escrow [transaction id] that only receiving acct # is able to submit without error.

I would imagine that on escrow, the NXT is sent to special acct and upon release (or cancel) it comes out of the special acct.

James

joefox

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 04:49:27 AM

CfB,

How long would it take for you to implement an escrow API?

<snip>

James

This type of functionality will be enabled as part of the Account Control feature, ETA April.

I admin the Nxt Wiki at http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/ Please support my work by donating to Nxt account #1234567740944417915
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 04:53:30 AM

CfB,

How long would it take for you to implement an escrow API?

<snip>

James

This type of functionality will be enabled as part of the Account Control feature, ETA April.
Any details on API calls for escrow would be much appreciated

iruu

Activity: 148

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:55:06 AM

BTER SCAM BTER SCAM BTER SCAM BTER SCAM BTER SCAM STER SCAM BTER SCAM

Just a precaution you guys BTER has IGNORED MANY MANY reuqests for lost coins of different crypto! (Check the forums around here) I sent an inquiry about topping up my withdraw limit and they responded immediately! but now I lost 100'000.00 NXT due to a bug in thier system and they NEVER replied for a long time now, BE CAREFUL, be VERY CAREFUL it is not a new thing for them to behave like this!

exacts of thier bug:

2 withdraws with the same TxID, this will result with only ONE being sent to the network instead of two.

Yet another crypto exchange without database transactions? Is that a crypto curse or what?

Btc38 is the best - ajax response from js is part of the withdrawal process. If your js don't reply to their server in time your withdrawal is lost in space. Once noticed, they fix it quickly however.  

opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:57:25 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 05:16:10 AM by opticalcarrier

...so we may get 10~100 TPS in April.

10Ktps by april?  you must be high.  we wont have 1Ktps by april unless its a peak b/c they release some feature like alias that resulted in us all squatting 1000's of aliases on the same block.  So it may peak to that due to a feature, but not for day-to-day transactions
bithic

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:44:56 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 06:00:01 AM by bithic

Who would like to speak at the Lets talk Bitcoin show? Smiley

Who would like to speak at the http://www.cryptocurrencyconvention.com/ in New York?
Smiley
PLZ Help me make contact w/ #nextcoin creator.Hosting The Crypto Currency Convention n NYC.We want them to speak and promote #NXT

I've missed the past few days. Did we get anyone lined up for these?

For the LTB show, we'll need someone who can speak passionately about Nxt, the community, and the Future! (Perhaps two people would make for a more interesting interview. Joefox and one of the devs, for example?)

My apologies if this has all been decided and I didn't notice.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:02:00 AM

Who would like to speak at the Lets talk Bitcoin show? Smiley

Who would like to speak at the http://www.cryptocurrencyconvention.com/ in New York?
Smiley
PLZ Help me make contact w/ #nextcoin creator.Hosting The Crypto Currency Convention n NYC.We want them to speak and promote #NXT

I've missed the past few days. Did we get anyone lined up for these?

For the LTB show, we'll need someone who can speak passionately about Nxt, the community, and the Future! (Perhaps two people would make for a more interesting interview. Joefox and one of the devs, for example?)

My apologies if this has all been decided and I didn't notice.

you guys can imagine what my performance would be like from the interview with tai zen. idk if thats the sort of thing you are looking for. i dont think it was passionate per say.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:02:25 AM

CfB,

How long would it take for you to implement an escrow API? Not sure of all the arguments I need, but at the high level:

escrow NXT for acct # -> [transaction id]

release escrow [transaction id] -> NXT is transfered to acct #

probably need a cancel escrow [transaction id] that only receiving acct # is able to submit without error.

I would imagine that on escrow, the NXT is sent to special acct and upon release (or cancel) it comes out of the special acct.

James

This goes in the direction of 'locked contracts' that expire after a certain time, can only be accessed by the owner of a key, and that cannot be revoked by the issuer.

I am not sure, but it could be possible to implement an escrow with such a 'quid pro quo'

Then again, maybe not, and a dedicated escrow would be the better solution ....
abctc
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1038

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:03:56 AM

... i'm the lead digital analyst for one of the big 4 marketing communications companies.

Anyways, you guys are getting absolutely extorted. This CPM is off the roof; i've never actually seen a CPM this high when dealing with radio. I'll get in contact with my radio team tomorrow morning, but at the moment, unless i've missed some sort of targeting, i really cant see why you are paying so much.
- this.

and
.. we're focusing on stupid radio ads? who listens to RADIO?

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

, the Next platform.  Magis quam Moneta (More than a Coin)
2Kool4Skewl (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 06:06:03 AM

I'd like to remind everyone that every time we digress into fighting about global warming or the voting system we are playing right into the hands of those who would like to see Nxt fail.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
IveBeenBit

Activity: 449

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:09:00 AM

BTER SCAM BTER SCAM BTER SCAM BTER SCAM BTER SCAM STER SCAM BTER SCAM

Just a precaution you guys BTER has IGNORED MANY MANY reuqests for lost coins of different crypto! (Check the forums around here) I sent an inquiry about topping up my withdraw limit and they responded immediately! but now I lost 100'000.00 NXT due to a bug in thier system and they NEVER replied for a long time now, BE CAREFUL, be VERY CAREFUL it is not a new thing for them to behave like this!

There is a lesson here that it's a good idea getting comfortable with doing person to person trades. The Nxt economy and infrastructure right now is more primitive than Bitcoin's was in early 2012. Those who have been around the block a few times will remember all the exchange hacks and scams -- Bitcoinica, Mt Gox, MyBitcoin, Bitfloor, the Polish exchange, instawallet, Bit Instant, GLBSE and so forth.

For future trading, consider selling P2P on the forums. If you price your Nxt at "100k minimum order, 6% below bid/ask average on bter.com," you will probably have people jumping all over that. Yes, you will get 6% less for it, but you have a much lower risk of 100k NXT disappearing.

Anyways, I hope you get your coins back. If I may suggest something, see if you can hire a native Mandarin speaker on one of the Bitcoin job boards for BTC0.02 or something to write an email to them explaining your problem. You may have better luck communicating in their own language. Just an idea....  Smiley
2Kool4Skewl (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 06:11:02 AM

... i'm the lead digital analyst for one of the big 4 marketing communications companies.

Anyways, you guys are getting absolutely extorted. This CPM is off the roof; i've never actually seen a CPM this high when dealing with radio. I'll get in contact with my radio team tomorrow morning, but at the moment, unless i've missed some sort of targeting, i really cant see why you are paying so much.
- this.

and
.. we're focusing on stupid radio ads? who listens to RADIO?

I agree.  The radio ad seems like a waste of money.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
IveBeenBit

Activity: 449

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:11:46 AM

Are you guys really talking about radio ads, or do you mean the LTB podcast ads?
2Kool4Skewl (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 06:18:02 AM

Are you guys really talking about radio ads, or do you mean the LTB podcast ads?

The podcast

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
abctc
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1038

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:27:02 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 07:47:47 AM by abctc

I am having lots of issues with 0.5.11 in my VPSs. I have to keep rebooting every 4 hours or so. Previously with 0.5.9 I could leave it for 1-2 days! Can someone please look into this?
- exactly wat happened with my VPS.
0.5.9 and 0.5.10 worked for a days on my 512Mb VPS, and upgrade to v.0.5.11 lead to the 0.5.1 state - NRS stops every 2 hour.

█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

, the Next platform.  Magis quam Moneta (More than a Coin)
landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 06:37:40 AM

Is anyone familiar with how DOGEcoin marketing is run?

How is it organized?

Who is in charge?

I would like to get an understanding of how it functions.

Pages: « 1 ... 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 [1433] 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: