Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:35:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 [1634] 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761527 times)
Xandrexx

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:05:40 PM

I've just received 2k testNXT on 13059486463768853028
Was it supposed to happen?  Huh
CfB?

Why not?
I thought I will receive 200k not 2k?
Or did I missunderstood something?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:05:56 PM

Doing a search for parallel chains returns depressingly few results. Nothing over at the Nxt wiki, either.

Ask Anon136, he had some good ideas.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:06:24 PM

Prices r in CENTS.
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:06:27 PM

I've just received 2k testNXT on 13059486463768853028
Was it supposed to happen?  Huh
CfB?

Use it. Wink Try to kill the testnet with it. Try every functionality.
rickyjames

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:07:39 PM

DogeCoin goes on par with Peercoin - http://coinmarketcap.com/

when a clone can compete with its parent with no conceivable advantage, this is very dangerous indeed for the idea of digital scarcity. this is very troubling.

Dogecoin is far more popular than Peercoin, it's been pretty much determined to climb up.

It does actually have great advantage: popularity.
Basically Peercoin has no marketing...Nxt cannot suffer the same faith...we have to adopt Dogecoin marketing best practices.

doge needs marketing because it has no substance. we dont need marketing because we do have substance. granted we need to communicate the relevant facts about nxt in a calm and orderly fashion to those who are not aware of those facts. i suppose you could call that marketing. but this is what marketing means to doge, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3oiThw2RxE this we absolutely do not need.

+1

When the doge bubble pops, it will be catastrophic.  The doge price is unsustainable because doge doesn't offer any advantages over bitcoin.

I humbly disagree with both of you.  Digital scarcity is a contradiction in terms,  And Doge offers the little guy coins at a small price, miners the ability to mine at lower difficulty level, and speculators a new beach ball to throw around.  Bitcoin has lost the ability to offer any of these things.

If digital scarcity is a contradiction in terms than why are you so involved in crypto? I mean that would necessarily make investment in any crypto a bad investment?

Any cryptocoin can generate as many or as few of its coins as it wants.  The scarcity aspect of any fiat or crypto currency  is a socially agreed upon factor.  Scarcity only exists as a true factor in precious metals, which is why you are setting up a silver exchange.   I am not into crypto to take advantage of scarcity, but to enforce the originally agreed upon level of scarcity by preventing centralized entities like the US Fed to print trillions of dollars at will.  A well run crypto will never see hyperinflation.  Speculator runnup maybe but not hyperinflation.

ok but this is an admission that digital scarcity exists so long as that agreement holds right?

Yes but to me this is an odd way of phrasing it.  People choose to join a crypto based not on its perceived scarcity but on its adequacy and sufficiency to meet their personal needs.  They will leave a crypto for another one if the old one fails to meet personal needs and the new one does.   Only physical objects can be scarce.  If a digital item is scarce it is only because a centralized power broker says so and others accept that assertion.
SkillRoad

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:08:07 PM

BullDoge imo is just this: "look Doge crowd - we have a network here (NXT) network, that is stronger than Bitcoin"

That's all, just to look in our direction.

Like this?

Grin

or like this

Smiley
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:08:12 PM

Agreed. But don't you think we need to differentiate between fixed/dynamic assets?
There's no point, as all assets are issued and backed by some entity (human or a company). You either trust the issuing entity or you don't.

Not sure if this has been put to rest, but I think it would be great when issuing an Asset if you could elect "Fixed" or "Dynamic" and that F or D would be shown in the list of Asset's.  If it's fixed, you are unable to issue any more assets.
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:09:02 PM

Berlin (3)

ad-fu + l8rrie
http://imgur.com/YH9Zft2

some random visitors
http://imgur.com/wjqISSF
ChuckOne

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:12:27 PM

The list of opcodes, added function invocation opcode.

All numbers r signed 64-bit integers when accessing Data and signed 32-bit integers when referring to Code.

Legend: C - constant, M - memory

M = C
M = M
M = M + M
M = M - M
M = M * M
M = M / M
M = M % M

M = ~M
M = M & M
M = M | M
M = M ^ M
M = M << M
M = M >> M
M = M >>> M

M == M @ C (this is read as "if M1 equals M2 then jump to instruction at position C")
M != M @ C
M < M @ C
M <= M @ C
M > M @ C
M >= M @ C
@ M (this is an unconditional jump)

$C M (invokes a function C and feeds it with the data stored in [M, ...])

Looks like this set of opcodes is enough. Functionality could be extended by adding new functions. Could someone check the opcodes, plz?
What about "@ C"?  
Also, what is supposed to be a stack pointer? Since you have functions. Why don't use stack for argument passing? This looks like a very weird calling convention.

Agree.

Let's get this straight: you want function calls (which I definitely understand) so use stacks.

You also need a way to return back.

A 'function call' that cannot return to its point of origin is not a function call.

Btw. functions calls are already there for you in many many high level languages. As we definitely need a VM, it pretty straightforward how to implement that low level feature.
Xandrexx

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:16:52 PM

Prices r in CENTS.
Ok thank you Smiley I missunderstood it Smiley
So another question:
This Test Net is for testing the Asset Exchange and it is only existing to test this?
So the plan is to implement this asset Exchange in the real network in the future and this test net will be deleted then? Is this right?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:18:30 PM

Agree.

Let's get this straight: you want function calls (which I definitely understand) so use stacks.

A 'function call' that cannot return to its point of origin is not a function call.

Btw. functions calls are already there for you in many many high level languages. As we definitely need a VM, it pretty straightforward how to implement that low level feature.

There won't be stack at all. After a function completes execution the next opcode will be processed. These functions r external ones. Internal subroutines should be "exited" via @ M. U r supposed to store an exit point in M before calling the subroutine.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:18:57 PM

So the plan is to implement this asset Exchange in the real network in the future and this test net will be deleted then? Is this right?

Yes
igmaca

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:21:14 PM

Re: NXT :: descendiente de Bitcoin - Información Actualizada
Hoy a las 05:07:39 PM
Responder citando  # 34028
Cita de: Anon136 en Hoy a las 04:43:54 PM
Cita de: rickyjames en Hoy a las 04:36:43 PM
Cita de: Anon136 en Hoy a las 02:57:28 PM
Cita de: rickyjames en Hoy a las 02:36:48 PM
Cita de: 2Kool4Skewl en Hoy a las 07:44:43 AM
Cita de: Anon136 en Hoy a las 07:38:31 AM
Cita de: landomata en Hoy a las 07:26:18 AM
Cita de: InstaCash en Hoy a las 07:23:38 AM
Cita de: Anon136 en Hoy a las 07:17:11 AM
Cita de: viniendo de allá en la actualidad en 5:45:46 AM
DogeCoin va a la par con Peercoin - http://coinmarketcap.com/

cuando un clon puede competir con su padre con ninguna ventaja concebible, esto es muy peligroso para la idea de la escasez digital. esto es muy preocupante.

Dogecoin es mucho más popular que Peercoin, se ha determinado más o menos para subir. Esto tiene realmente una gran ventaja: la popularidad.

Básicamente Peercoin no tiene el marketing ... Nxt no puede sufrir la misma fe ... tenemos que adoptar las mejores prácticas de marketing Dogecoin.

doge necesidades de marketing, ya que no tiene sustancia. no necesitamos de marketing porque tenemos sustancia. Reconozco que hay que comunicar los hechos relevantes acerca de NXT de una manera tranquila y ordenada a los que no están al tanto de esos hechos. Supongo que se podría llamar a esa comercialización. pero esto es lo que el marketing significa Ducal, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3oiThw2RxE esto absolutamente no es necesario.

1 Cuando la burbuja dux aparece, será catastrófico. El precio doge es insostenible porque dux no ofrece ventajas sobre bitcoin.

Humildemente de acuerdo con los dos. Escasez Digital es una contradicción en los términos, y Doge ofrece las moneditas chico en un pequeño precio, los mineros de la capacidad de la mina en el nivel de dificultad más bajo, y los especuladores una nueva pelota de playa para lanzar alrededor. Bitcoin ha perdido la capacidad de ofrecer algunas de estas cosas.

Si la escasez digital es una contradicción en los términos que ¿por qué estás tan involucrado en la criptografía? Quiero decir que eso necesariamente que la inversión en cualquier crypto una mala inversión?

Cualquier cryptocoin puede generar tantas o tan pocas de sus monedas como quiera. El aspecto de la escasez de las divisas fiat o cripto es socialmente acordados factor. Escasez sólo existe como un verdadero factor en metales preciosos, por lo que usted está configurando un cambio de plata. Yo no estoy en criptografía para tomar ventaja de la escasez, sino de hacer cumplir la originalmente acordadas nivel de escasez mediante la prevención de las entidades centralizadas, como la Reserva Federal de EE.UU. de imprimir miles de millones de dólares a su antojo. Un crypto bien llevado nunca verá la hiperinflación. Runnup Speculator tal vez, pero no la hiperinflación.

bien, pero esto es una admisión de que la escasez digitales existe mientras que el acuerdo tiene derecho?

Sí, pero para mí esto es una manera extraña de expresarlo. La gente elige a unirse a un cripto no en función de su escasez percibida sino de su adecuación y suficiencia para satisfacer sus necesidades personales. Dejarán un cripto por otro si el anterior no cumple con las necesidades personales y el nuevo que lo hace. Sólo los objetos físicos pueden ser escasos. Si un artículo digital es escasa, es sólo porque un corredor de poder centralizado lo dice y otros aceptan esa afirmación.

Source: http://www.juandemariana.org/comentario/6464/analisis/economico/basico/bitcoin/ii/

In short, to provide value to BTCs are being forced to computers consume processing power on useless things , which perfectly recalls that old story that during the New Deal was hired workers to make and fill holes .

But then, as is well known to economists, the value of goods not depends on the cost of their production . As much as it costs me my bike up the Alpe d' Huez, nobody is going to sponsor the trip: the value of this effort of mine is unfortunately zero for most of the world's population , and no one will pay one Euro for seeing me climb the Alpe d' Huez.

So , however much it costs in terms of useless BTCs production processes , it does not give you one iota more value . Indeed, from the social point of view , the production of a BTC represents a loss of only manageable resources at a time like the present, in the aggregate processing computers capacity far exceeds demand , which makes a people do not mind having a program on your computer mining BTCs constantly running .

It is thus clear that this costly mechanism implemented for BTCs can be neither the cause of the value it may have, and therefore their hypothetical quality as money.

Consider now the other factor that seems relevant in this characterization : the absolute limit on the number of BTCs . Indeed , the number of BTCs that will circulate in the system is limited to 21 million units or more . Therefore , once reached that number may not post new BTCs (contrary to what happens with fiat money) , ensuring that its value is not diluted.

However, believe this is a fundamental feature of the coins represents a new conceptual error . In economics, resources are scarce , but not in absolute terms but in relative terms to the needs . The amount of gold is finite : maybe it is on Earth , but it sure is not in the universe. However, not all the gold has the same cost of production , so certain techniques (including a hypothetical operating on other planets ) are feasible only when gold takes a certain value.

This is essential in the economic game : the value of goods is reflected in the price, which is an indicator of the relative scarcity of good, and this price information to entrepreneurs on how many resources can be devoted to the acquisition of such well , thus making the supply (number of units) of well grow to accommodate demand . And so on.

It will not happen the same with BTCs , thanks to the design described . As much as rise in value , it will not have the possibility to increase the number of units . So , basically , this numerical limitation could become the Achilles heel of the invention.

Clearly if the BTCs up in value , and not being able to increase the supply , shortages occur, other entrepreneurs and provide alternatives appear in the form of another denomination of electronic money. In fact, today there are a number of electronic currency that can be alternative . (NXT COINS)

The point is that , as seen earlier in this article , the production of new electronic money is virtually no cost (remember , to generate BTCs computers spend ten minutes doing useless operations, an alternative money could logically deleted) . Thus, in a relatively short time the BTCs could become worthless , the flooded market of substitute products, whose production has very low costs. (NXT COINS)

Note that this does not apply to gold : with increasing its value, viable methods of producing more expensive are made, not less expensive methods. Not that gold is limited in quantity, is that it is for the value given to it at all times.

In short, neither the alleged requirement of processing capacity for Bitcoin system or absolute limit on the number of units , suppose from my point of view "good" characteristics of a BTC as money. Instead, possibly derived implementation of conceptual errors in the interpretation of money, stay in form and not in the background , and it is here where you can be your weakness ... like money.

Anyway, as I said at the end of the previous analysis, Bitcoin or come to be regarded as money is not a matter of economic theory, but the preferences of individuals at all times. Maybe some of the other features of Bitcoin ( anonymity , globalization, or some other facility that can not even imagine ) are sufficiently valued by individuals and that deficiencies are compensated targeted .

Only time will get us out of doubt.
Labteck

Activity: 311

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:23:22 PM

next vol24h = ONLY $ 95,010
nxt under applecoin,novacoin,and  protoshares.

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████  █████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████  ██████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████  ███████████████████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
       VIORCOIN[by_conty] ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████  █████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████  ██████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████  ███████████████████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
        Make International Calls
      Cheap and More Secure
iruu

Activity: 148

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:24:58 PM

There won't be stack at all. After a function completes execution the next opcode will be processed. These functions r external ones. Internal subroutines should be "exited" via @ M. U r supposed to store an exit point in M before calling the subroutine.
So you want users to emulate a stack for some weird reason, which will only make the scripts much larger and slightly slower than they could be. Why?

ImmortAlex

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:29:43 PM

Code:
[2014-02-12 22:46:03.661] DEBUG: Blacklisting vps1.nxtcrypto.org because of: Invalid timestamp: 6925580 current time is 6925564, previous block timestamp is 6925570

Hey, who is the owner? You node run too fast!

results of 'date -u' on that server is dead on to just 2 secs of UTC.
Hmmm... So, problem is on my site? I constantly see warinig about vps's on nxtcrypto.org, no other nodes.
mcjavar

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:34:10 PM

How can I forge without unlocking my wallet?
Xandrexx

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:36:56 PM

So i just tried to order an asset. Now ive Lost 1005 Nxt instead of 2x 2 Nxt . Why ? additionally not to the right receiver account (holder of the asset).
ChuckOne

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:44:24 PM

Agree.

Alright, this clarification should be added to the definition of $.

Why are you reluctant about stacks?
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:48:45 PM

BullDoge imo is just this: "look Doge crowd - we have a network here (NXT) network, that is stronger than Bitcoin"

That's all, just to look in our direction.

It's important -- maybe not mandatory, but important -- to have a doge ambassador, patron, supporter etc to be involved from the start. Defector is too negative of a word; maybe someone who could help doge people migrate and navigate the features.

Bulldoge navigator in an admiral's hat. Make it so.

+1 to swartzfeger.

This could work, BUT we don't want to make this look like either an attack on DOGE or an attempt to ride on DOGES back.
Basically, don't be assholes about it.
NXT could certainly use a tipping/throwing coins around element, it'll be useful, and not just for a bit of extra marketing.

I would suggest. like SF above, to reach out to the DOGE posse and ask for some help/input/whatever.
Co-operate, don't compete directly.

We can call it PuppyDoge !

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Pages: « 1 ... 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 [1634] 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: