Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:11:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 [1670] 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761525 times)
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:43:25 AM

BINGO !
http://www.coindesk.com/cryptocurrency-auroracoin-every-person-iceland/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Coinonaer

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:45:14 AM

Update Vircurex: Still nothing from there side, so no feedback from them regarding the missing deposit.  Angry
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:57:45 AM

How?  
What you want is called Secure Function Evaluation. Fully homomorphic encryption just means you can execute a function on someone else's computer and they don't know what you computed, but you still know everything. At least, in theory, in practice this is way too slow.  

http://www.proproco.co.uk/million.html -> unfortunately, Yao's solution is interactive (they require constant cooperation between all parties)
A possible solution is presented in http://www.iacr.org/archive/eurocrypt2000/1807/18070340-new.pdf

It's just a guess that we could use it for Mixing. Maybe we can't.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 07:12:54 AM

Update Vircurex: Still nothing from there side, so no feedback from them regarding the missing deposit.  Angry
I tested a vircurex deposit and while nothing ever ended up in my vircurex acct, the deposit is just sitting there in the deposit address they gave me to use. Did you check to see if your deposit is in the NXT address you sent it to? If so, it could just be a delay caused by all the BTC problems. They are probably manually checking all withdrawals and maybe even deposits.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:13:09 AM

I've been watching NXT for few days now and I've always had this question regarding adding NXT to Cryptsy as requested by 228 people here:
https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/44434

The NXT intro video says at 0:33 that we don't have to pay fees to exchanges like Cryptsy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktMGC-Nq9Zo

Couldn't this be the main reason why Cryptsy hasn't added NXT yet?

no i dont think so. nxt simply isnt plug and play like other coins. thats why it isnt on cryptsy.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
qqNxt

Activity: 468

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:28:24 AM

Happy Valentines Day Nxt!  Grin

This is how i celebrated my Valentines day today.
By posting a love message on a Tall Billboard in central Melbourne City of Australia, to show how much i care!

Loves in the Air ♡♡

If anyone else want to try, you can send sms with two names with a space in the middle to 0499 695 683. Just add international code, can't guarantee it will work for overseas. (+61)

They will send back you the picture.

I did it by sending the msg "We Nxt"
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:30:27 AM

I want to inform you all that bter indeed sent me my 100k already. Thanks for all that helped. So basically the drone in charge of support@bter.com cannot access any information and simply replies out of thier ass, After serious emails back and forth and many information submitted by from thier own systems, They gave in and actually forwarded my complain to the people in charge, was solved a couple of hours afterwards.

- Lophie

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
kknk808

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:31:36 AM

I want to inform you all that bter indeed sent me my 100k already. Thanks for all that helped. So basically the drone in charge of support@bter.com cannot access any information and simply replies out of thier ass, After serious emails back and forth and many information submitted by from thier own systems, They gave in and actually forwarded my complain to the people in charge, was solved a couple of hours afterwards.

- Lophie

congrats Smiley

CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:47:19 AM

By posting a love message on a Tall Billboard in central Melbourne City of Australia, to show how much i care!

Loves in the Air ♡♡

If anyone else want to try, you can send sms with two names with a space in the middle to 0499 695 683. Just add international code, can't guarantee it will work for overseas. (+61)

+1

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
NxtChoice

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:02:40 AM

Lots of great NXT websites and portals popping up all over the place!  You know what we need?  UNIFIED LOG IN.

Idea: NXT alias as OpenID extension.

Step 1:
Modify the OpenID Consumer architecture to validate a NXT alias with an Authorization token using custom URI scheme  (ie: nxt://alias/johnny_appleseed).  The Consumer in this case (ie: a website) would be able to authorize the user as alias using the NXT blockchain and would theoretically NOT NEED a Provider.

Step 2:
NXT Community website operate a 'real' OpenID Provider (for adoption and integration into the much larger OpenID ecosystem):
Something like http://www.nxtid.org/alias/johnny_appleseed (website invalid)

Step 3:
Spread the NXT URI scheme to OpenID RFC so it can be used anywhere OpenID is used!

Thinking out loud...  Hope that by posting idea here, someone else will do all the ugly work of actually making it happen!

edit: Since authorization tokens include a timestamp, access using a specific token could be restricted by age to increase login security.

A reference for you: https://nameid.org/

marcus03

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:06:24 AM

http://holms.cloudapp.net:6874/ down?
Labteck

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:14:09 AM

how are the AE tests going on? any results? updates? ...like everything works well? or ....is not ready yet need more ajustments?

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████  █████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████  ██████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████  ███████████████████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
       VIORCOIN[by_conty] ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
        Make International Calls
      Cheap and More Secure
Framewood

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:16:13 AM

http://oi62.tinypic.com/14mt5z6.jpg

Loves in the Air ♡♡

Worked well Smiley

http://i61.tinypic.com/wrj9mf.jpg
Labteck

Activity: 311

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:19:22 AM

for non australian, what is sending to your phone when you send the sms<?

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
       VIORCOIN[by_conty] ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
        Make International Calls
      Cheap and More Secure
marcus03

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:31:59 AM

Up again. Thanks!
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:37:14 AM

I relaunched it but blockchain was corrupted. Tomorrow I'll deploy changes and will send testcoins again.
wesleyh

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:37:48 AM

Assets are all gone?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:40:23 AM

Yes, we rolled back to previous copy.
marcus03

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:41:33 AM

Oh shit... first BTC crashes and now I've lost my 2.000.000 M&Ms... SCAM!

Wink
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:48:24 AM

you send btc*1 to bob. bob sends BobsBtcToken*1 to you. you go onto the orderbook for BobsBtcTokens and fill a buy order. Nxt appears in your account. Now you find a ltc gateway. Say betty seems the most trustworthy. Fill a sell order for BettysLtcTokens. Receive BettysLtcTokens*X. Send BettysLtcTokens*X to Betty's nxt address with a message containing your ltc address. Wait for ltc to arrive.

It seems overly complicated now but it'll feel natural once it gets rolling and everyone gets used to it. All steps serve their purpose, these extra steps are the cost of decentralization.

If I read this right - 'No escrow' or atomic completion?
so buyer beware....
Keep in mind this is the first step on the path toward fully automated DAC gateways. Also, to remove the confusion that is inherent in having many different Assets that are all representing the same thing I think it is crucial that we consolidate all assets of the same denomination to a single community asset. This will allow all users to go to a single asset name within AE for BTC and ALL the bids and asks for BTC within AE will be for BTC backed by the federation of gateways. All the federation members take blood oaths, trade first born children, etc. so they work out a way to trust each other. This shifts the risk of choosing the right gateway from the hapless end user who has no clue which gateway is better to each gateway itself. A much better chance of making correct decisions. In the event one of the gateways is lacking somehow, the other gateways could require posting of a bond to cover the risk.

HOWEVER, I think I might have a way to allow all the gateways to trust each other without any bodily parts being involved. I do need somebody who is familiar with multisig to confirm this, or more likely correct where I am being plain silly.

I do not see a problem with deposits of crypto, the end user sends in the crypto to a deposit address and the gateway sweeps it into an account. The problem is with the withdrawal, eg. since I am proposing all assets that represent BTC be fungible with each other, each gateway needs to have access to potentially all the actual BTC.

So, we have a possible solution where all the gateways sweep into a common account. Wait! If all gateways are able to withdraw from it, then if ANY gateway gets hacked or hypnotized by Evil Bob, all the deposits are gone. Not good at all.

This is where I think multisig comes in. What if the sweep account is a multisig acct. All the gateways can easily sweep into the multisig acct, since it is just a matter of sending coin to the right address. Now on withdraw, if we required the signatures from all gateways to do a withdrawal (or super majority?), then no gateway would be able to take off with the deposits, unless all gateways (or super majority) turn evil at the same time.

No I dont know how multisig works well enough to know if this will work, but IF there is a way to do a safe remote multisig authorization and all the gateways are using the same business logic to approve withdrawals, eg. proper AM was sent with appropriate asset, then I think this could work.

Not totally trustless, but as long as all (or super majority) of gateways dont spontaneously turn evil, I think the community would be able to rely on the federation of gateways.

I hope somebody that knows about multisig and another somebody that knows about secure remote signing will be able to validate this, or fix it so it works

James

P.S. I just figured out that we can use a set of AM's for secure remote signing. Granted it is a lot of AM to send if we had to do it for each withdrawal, so maybe we only invoke this level when the amount is larger than the bond put up by the gateway. I think this is getting close to a real solution. Smart guys, please help!!
IMO,it is like XRP gateway.Right?

just like it only without a central point of weakness
And fully automated gateways that automatically peer review each other AND is guaranteed to be 100% backed by actual BTC and nobody has to fiddle with trustlines, etc. This is just like XRP except everything is better!

Since nobody that knows exactly how multisig works, I will try to read up on it and see if this really does the trick. If it does, that means we get somewhat decentralized automatic gateways that we can can trust. All the gateway deposits and withdrawals will be publicly viewable, so there are no controversies in that area. If ever anything like lophie is going happened, it would just be a matter of looking in the NXT blockchain, reparse the AM's and find out where it went.

We probably need to have some sort of manual "fix it" mechanism, but this should be a pretty rare event. All the gateways would have to work together to clear this up. Maybe all minus 1, in case one of the gateways goes MIA, wouldn't want all the funds to become inaccessible. Maybe a deadman's switch can be invoked in case one of the gateways goes away and the key delivered to an independent party. I heard about an electronic escrow service that can be setup for this.

Notice that even if one of the gateways goes defunct, nobody loses anything. At that point, the missing gateways passkey  would be used one last time to transfer all the funds to a new account with appropriate new multisig signers. So no gateway can withdraw any money that all the other gateways dont approve. It seems safer than any centralized exchange to me, but I hope someone more versed in this stuff will comment.

The more I think about this, the more I think it could work. I just wish I knew more details about how multisig works...

James
any detailed info about multisig?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 [1670] 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: