Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:04:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 [2038] 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761526 times)
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:51:15 PM

Is anyone knowing what we paid for?

Yes. Refactoring, consulting, some extra functionality like API calls.

how do we know you actually delivered what BCNext has paid for is better formulated.

how do we know you did all what he asked? Grin

Who will communicate with BCNext in April after CFB departs?

Uncertainty about the core dev team isn't instilling much confidence in investors and current holders. Investors will stay away until this confusion and uncertainty disappears.

Friends of mine have no idea which client to download so are keeping their NXT on exchanges. They won't do anything until there is a one click install that works. They ask me which one is the 'main' website. All they want is to Send/Receive and not lose any NXT. No messing around with batch files, firewall settings, testnet and having to update twice a week. They don't even want to know about forging.

I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to promote one simple client that works and isn't going to freak out newbies. Can someone design a simple, safe, client that just sends and receives? I can assure you that would make so many people happy. Most newcomers aren't going to use all the other features they don't even understand, at least not yet. Forging is not an issue for them and don't care about that because they own 5k to 10k. None of their other coin wallets make any money and they don't expect NXT to either. They just want to send and receive and know their wallet is safe (secure password of course) It's that simple.

Does this make sense to anyone and does anyone have any ideas about how we arrive at one website and one simple client.

All my friends asks the same Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 08:56:21 PM

Uncertainty about the core dev team isn't instilling much confidence in investors and current holders. Investors will stay away until this confusion and uncertainty disappears.

Friends of mine have no idea which client to download so are keeping their NXT on exchanges. They won't do anything until there is a one click install that works. They ask me which one is the 'main' website. All they want is to Send/Receive and not lose any NXT. No messing around with batch files, firewall settings, testnet and having to update twice a week. They don't even want to know about forging.

I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to promote one simple client that works and isn't going to freak out newbies. Can someone design a simple, safe, client that just sends and receives? I can assure you that would make so many people happy. Most newcomers aren't going to use all the other features they don't even understand, at least not yet. Forging is not an issue for them and don't care about that because they own 5k to 10k. None of their other coin wallets make any money and they don't expect NXT to either. They just want to send and receive and know their wallet is safe (secure password of course) It's that simple.

Does this make sense to anyone and does anyone have any ideas about how we arrive at one website and one simple client.

+1

Etanllah

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:59:05 PM

may I ask for few more reddit votes? 3 isn't enough to get to the cryptocurrency page:
http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/1zmv2q/decentralized_internet_and_nxt_solutions/

Just upvoted!
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:01:24 PM

Where is CIYAM Huh I miss him.
wesleyh

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:05:43 PM

Lets test, and finally start AE

There is a bug in AE. Source code is public. The bug is not fixed yet. Am I the only one who thinks that something is wrong?..

You are correct.  And several talented Java developers have moved to other cryptos.

Something is very wrong.

Here's a proposal:
1) 100K bounty to fix AE bug.

Who wants to fund it?

2) Spread the word.
"NXT now 100% open source! 100K NXT Bounty offered to fix known bug in Asset Exchange!"

how serious is it?

I don't know, but is beside the point.  Is a known bug that prevents AE from being deployed.

Benefit is to encourage Java developers to familiarize with the code and get AE released.

Jean-Luc is already working on this bug.
eightspaces

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:05:59 PM

Sorry to ask, was the critical flaw found already?
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:08:09 PM

Pinarello how are things standing in the eMunie area? Are you still following them?

No I dont support emunie, and dont follow them. honestly I am against emunie cos it just a ltd company
I also was concerned about this, considering you still have their logo as avatar.

Change avatar is disabled sadly Angry

zorke

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:08:49 PM

how do we know you actually delivered what BCNext has paid for is better formulated.

I agree completely with all of the above.. 5-6 people that I got into NXT are asking me the same question. For 3 of them I am holding NXT because they are freaked out they will mess up something since and lose their investment. Problem with a client exist. i mean we are launching an AE and we still don't have a go to client. And one might say how we have several clients out there, but they are all half working or if I am wrong than we should just choose the best one and offer it to the people..

Nexern client I won't even mention anymore. I doubt we will ever see it.
Jean-Luc

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 09:09:34 PM

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Release 0.8.6

http://download.nxtcrypto.org/nxt-client-0.8.6.zip

sha256: ecdce17e2d1cd704fce3b7e40d458c1c8b80a1cf064eb8f4f5e7f6593166dba8

Change log:

Transaction re-broadcasting has been broken for a few releases,
should work again now.

Fixed the update of the NRS UI transaction confirmation count.

Check for unconfirmed transaction becoming invalid, and if so,
remove them from the unconfirmed transactions pool.

Added a few more well known testnet peers in default properties.

Converted run.bat to CRLF line endings format.

Asset exchange specific bugfixes:

Order cancellations should update unconfirmed balances only.

On block pop-off, asset balances should not be updated.

When a trade is executed at a price lower than the bid order,
correct the bidder unconfirmed balance for the difference.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)

iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJTF461AAoJEFOhyXc7+e2AydIQAK6BjDFFcxvXbn0P0jXkshDx
syfi9n+4cvA2aafo0w8bEkkI2C6kwd+ZuZCZzXGXQHtCckSrBdQj5rb+R03Aai91
YcWRzGfbeB/6bv7ddw2b+PtLbdSeL7ggga79PCt2Hi0rAVRTK0q5MX9SJQvjwACi
XNeTkTQ0ZJrGkq8Th+GM+kGWGyeO4SNgmgwQ+VIIruTfR3p/v4/rmZkhbTYZdy3r
LqubYTjqk8HnjzsBkKII/X2BHeliaa8lXM+rOvegCQHLsJCAb3JyK6Hl2i5FBujv
ktouqbcZvQcBKZLQXlkyMGjWz7N+U9Dr6N/mRlxys2SuqDWeQU4a8qwv5+pYMZ6V
ytC1GrZfz+iNmSe9XfFZT3sh+bsuxJnuUwin1bZfKv2BqmJEAkenyL3Uv1XLbNXL
qifJlUcJa4V0oD/sI9ZQ/Ye1IDsnlT41yejaeEcwXVz0CqBdYdbN2iIxEZ/EhNsI
oB31oKz1G3/bdpM5752ozJtMv3DBPyV1uaV/m2/9zESttjyhzXQr+XbJ0iuxYSjX
d347cOmeveIUKZWVN/bWasYUSFrJq/U87XhJmXs9nH84+vvmLeHR+CEdw07dzISs
VpDLSpWCquHZ78SlxutvM3SmAvcd55L9Q6suZsJF64/Zm45hAk/V+U2My5MUvZ4Q
S55ynoKg/HweGk/7sOiW
=e/iT
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

lead Nxt developer, gpg key id: 0x811D6940E1E4240C
Nxt blockchain platform | Ardor blockchain platform | Ignis ICO
Mises_77

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:10:14 PM

I'm quite surprised sometimes that we have have the number of users that we do. That is not a slam to NXT at all. I think most of us are just very tech savy crypto enthusiasts. Nothing wrong with that. BUT WE NEED THE DROP DEAD SIMPLE CLIENT FOR EVERYONE. I honestly can't say I could blame anyone if they tried out NXT and was completely turned off by the confusion of getting a client running, keeping it updated etc. I assume that it will come eventually. I think wesleyh's client is almost there. But until that day I can't see us hitting mainstream.

May I burn in hell. lol
opticalcarrier

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:10:40 PM

your post gave me an idea.   Perhaps it would be good if we could provide functionality in a page on www.nxtcrypto.org that utilizes javascript such that a user can, on their computer, create an accountID from a passphrase that they can then use to buy NXT with from an exchange.  This webpage would also allow user to enter their accountID and then would automatically use getBalance API to poll nxtcrypto.org public VPSs to check account balance.

Obviously the user would be FORCED to pick a strong password and will be given guidelines on how to do so, as well as be told that funds WILL be stolen if guidelines arent met.  Optimally the user would also be able to use javascript to sign and generate a transaction to then use with the broadcastTransaction API to send 1 NXT to obtain 2^256 security.  Or to buy an alias, either of their accountID or whatever they pick, if its available.  Just anything to publish a public key.

Do we have anyone here who can create this webpage?  We can get QBTC to load it up!

Are there any 10M+ whale original stakeholders that can offer a bounty for this?
pinarello

NXT is the future

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:11:20 PM

For future Core Dev team;
I'd recommend; Chuckone, wesleyh, zahlen, ricot, gimre, ImmortAlex, CIYAM, BloodyRookie, Jaguar0625.  We'll need to offer a significant amount of NXT for 3 months of work.  I would suggest 250k Nxt for each member from unclaimed.  
- this!

Those top founders have to pay for it though some of them have been doing a great job so far. But some haven't been actively involved yet. You don't see a company (even decentralized) can be successful without the involvement of all the top founders. It is simply their duty to do so.

You can't make a plan assuming that any stakeholder will give 1 Nxt of their own to the dev team.  In my opinion, having a strong core is critical, and we should allocate 2Mil Nxt from unclaimed to pay for the team.

+1

zorke

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:12:38 PM

Back to client:

I repeat my question regarding coming nexern client: will it be one click software? If yes, maybe it is better to wait for it and then promote or not it as main client software for NXT. Of course, if it'll come after months, then this is another story.

No one knows when/if nexern client is coming. He never released even the beta version like everyone else.

No need to wait for vaporware

+1
opticalcarrier

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:12:44 PM

I was looking forward to Pooled Forging for one very simple reason: To forge on a VPS without exposing the private key to my primary NXT account...

am I the only one who thinks forging on a VPS is a bad idea?
verymuchso

Activity: 421

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:13:10 PM

I agree completely with all of the above.. 5-6 people that I got into NXT are asking me the same question. For 3 of them I am holding NXT because they are freaked out they will mess up something since and lose their investment. Problem with a client exist. i mean we are launching an AE and we still don't have a go to client. And one might say how we have several clients out there, but they are all half working or if I am wrong than we should just choose the best one and offer it to the people..

Nexern client I won't even mention anymore. I doubt we will ever see it.

I dont like to spam but Offspring is currently fully functional, it has a wallet to store your keys and it shows you how much of the blockchain has downloaded in a progressbar in the statusbar. There is no one-click installer (yet) but all you need to do is unzip and double click the executable.

https://bitbucket.org/incentivetoken/offspring-public/downloads
https://bitbucket.org/incentivetoken/offspring-public/wiki

martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:14:29 PM

Release 0.8.6

Change log:

Transaction re-broadcasting has been broken for a few releases,
should work again now.

Fixed the update of the NRS UI transaction confirmation count.

Check for unconfirmed transaction becoming invalid, and if so,
remove them from the unconfirmed transactions pool.

Added a few more well known testnet peers in default properties.

Converted run.bat to CRLF line endings format.

Asset exchange specific bugfixes:

Order cancellations should update unconfirmed balances only.

On block pop-off, asset balances should not be updated.

When a trade is executed at a price lower than the bid order,
correct the bidder unconfirmed balance for the difference.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)
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=e/iT
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Any changes to nxt.properties comparing with 0.8.3?
abuelau

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:16:53 PM

your post gave me an idea.   Perhaps it would be good if we could provide functionality in a page on www.nxtcrypto.org that utilizes javascript such that a user can, on their computer, create an accountID from a passphrase that they can then use to buy NXT with from an exchange.  This webpage would also allow user to enter their accountID and then would automatically use getBalance API to poll nxtcrypto.org public VPSs to check account balance.

Obviously the user would be FORCED to pick a strong password and will be given guidelines on how to do so, as well as be told that funds WILL be stolen if guidelines arent met.  Optimally the user would also be able to use javascript to sign and generate a transaction to then use with the broadcastTransaction API to send 1 NXT to obtain 2^256 security.  Or to buy an alias, either of their accountID or whatever they pick, if its available.  Just anything to publish a public key.

Do we have anyone here who can create this webpage?  We can get QBTC to load it up!

Are there any 10M+ whale original stakeholders that can offer a bounty for this?

like this: https://wallet.mynxt.info ? Smiley

Know what's happening in cryptoworld: www.coinschedule.com
swartzfeger

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:17:49 PM

Release 0.8.6

Wesleyh, when will the Mac client support 0.8.x? I'm still at 0.7.5.

pinarello

NXT is the future

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:20:06 PM

The client issue is coverd by wesleyh, we will have an easy 1 click installer from mistafreeze! please tell us if there is news on that.

bug in AE is fixed by J-L.

so WHEN we gonna implement AE!

13/03/2014 a warm day in march?

if not please somebody take ownership and plan release.

gs02xzz

Activity: 221

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:21:07 PM

Sorry to ask, was the critical flaw found already?

Not yet. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397183.0
Pages: « 1 ... 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 [2038] 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: