Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:55:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 [2066] 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761526 times)
Jerical13

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:42:39 PM

Isnt that what we all want? Distribution is what it is. No amount of complaining will change that. However, anybody can step up and start doing useful stuff and get rewarded. Anybody. Even a simple C programmer like me.

James

I am not a developer. I am just a guy who likes crypto and bought a few NXT and reads this thread to see how the development is coming.
I still can contribute a thought on what I think I see as a big flaw in NXT gaining widespread adoption and try to influence the developers by making suggestions. I can play musical instruments but if someone doesn't like what I'm playing I don't say "well if you spent more time learning to play you could play it yourself". That would be a copout.

As I stated, personally I would forge for free and am doing that now. My concern is about down the road when more users come along and less of them are going to be intimately involved and willing to run a program on their computer, especially one that opens them up to DDOS attacks or potentially worse for no reason. People follow the path of least resistance. I'm just one guy, but not the only one, who sees this as a potential serious flaw. The developers are busy with higher minded stuff and I think are a little bit removed from average users. That's why suggestions from nobodies like me can be helpful, or not. But to say we should be doing your job and developing your program for you is a little much.

James, I think that what you say about anybody being able to step up and contribute is not really true. By what means is this possible? Like Brian says, not everyone is a programmer, and even if they are, it doesn't seem as there is a way to contribute in a proficient, meaningful way. By what means can someone help? Who is organizing the community in this way? I know that there are certain groups of you who are working on things, but as far as I have seen, participating as you have implied is a closed shop. I hope with the coming to power of the comitees elect, that this scenario will change, and someone will conduct some sort of organization of community resources. But as of the way things are right now, your statement is false, and people can't just "step up".

I am not a programmer, but still can "step up".
I am organizing the team for James to work on the AE Gateway, I am trying to get nev devs on board to work with the core dev team and am trying to organize the AE testing.
While I have a job where I have to work 50-60 a week.

You could step up and help us writing test cases for the AE testing.

Your statement is invalid.

I also work. I Am a small business owner and work what seem to be endless hours, so you don't impress me that you have a job; and have offered to help in any way I can help several times and have pretty much been ignored. If you would care to view my posts on this thread offering my assistance and the replies to my offers you will see that you are full of shit.

Please, both of you. No namecalling.
I have read both of your posts and believe you are above that.

Jerical: even though they might not be picked up, I believe that your questioning has value just because it forces people to think.
Dialectics is important, especially in development. Even ideas that don't get implemented help things forward.

As such, I'd like to offer my appreciation for that.

No offense, And I am not calling anyone names. But the fact is may statement is very valid, and mc doesn't know what he is talking about. I apologize for the base language. So to rephrase, "You really don't know what you are talking about mcj"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:44:17 PM

I didnt say that people should become devs. I said TEST. ANYBODY can test.

All this complaining is getting me depressed. Maybe I shouldnt bother with any of the projects I am doing.
All people seem to do is complain about this, a release is not done, I dont get anything from forging, blah, blah blah
I am working 18hr days trying to bring significant improvements, but if this is the attitude people have and they wont be forging because it doesn pay them enough, then why am I bothering?

STOP COMPLAINING
START HELPING

Is that too much to ask?

For people that want to earn stuff from forging, there is nodecoin. That should be end of story on that issue. Not only do you help secure the network, you will get nodecoins. Unless I get so depressed from all this nonsense that I dont bother making nodecoin. Is that what you want?

James

You are appreciated James. I do understand your frustrations. Is there anyway, that I can help? I am not a coder, and really not all that skilled with computers, so that will limit what I am able to do as far as helping on your end of things. But I will help how I can.

If I could make a suggestion, it should be a point of interest for someone to organize and administrate the community in such a fashion as to facilitate helping, as you suggest. If there were a clear and pointed way for people to be able to get involved and to use skills and talents they posses it may eliminate some of the complaining. It seems as though there are a lot of active people in the NXT community. That is evident from all of the complaining. Cheesy Someone should set some goals and get these people organized to some purpose. This should be a purpose of the new commitees. A wise captain knows that idleness is the seed of mutiny.

Please read my post above.
There are plenty of tasks and projects to organize. Pick one and "do the needfull" as my indian collegues say Smiley

Where is the list of tasks that need to be done? who is in charge and how do I apply? Or should I just spend my time doing what ever comes to mind and hope that it is something that will be of use and coordinated with what is going on in the community and not just a waste of my time? I would like to help, but what specifically can I do to help? Who do I need to contact? What is the process for getting involved? Is there a process or does everyone just do what every they feel like doing and make no effort to work together? Tell me what I can do or show me were to find out.

My way is to just to contact the person that makes the posts.
I work together with many people. Just approach them and offer your help. PM works best, in most cases, otherwise it gets "washed  away" in this thread Wink

Some groups use IRC or other systems for coordination, or google docs. Whatever works.
Some groups are looser than others. You can always step out as long as you don't commit to something and then leave. That's always bad form.

Are you looking for something specific?

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 11:50:22 PM

Where is the list of tasks that need to be done? who is in charge and how do I apply? Or should I just spend my time doing what ever comes to mind and hope that it is something that will be of use and coordinated with what is going on in the community and not just a waste of my time? I would like to help, but what specifically can I do to help? Who do I need to contact? What is the process for getting involved? Is there a process or does everyone just do what every they feel like doing and make no effort to work together? Tell me what I can do or show me were to find out.
There is nobody in charge. This is good in some ways but not so good in other ways.
Basically, it lets people who see something that needs to be done that is not being done that they can do, and they start doing it.

You are already involved! Regardless of what you might think, I do appreciate your efforts. It seems that you are new to the crazy world of decentralized crypto. I was in the same place three months ago.

You are asking questions about organization. Decentralization tends to get disorganized, but that is not a requirement and I think you can help by helping coordinate others who are asking the same questions as you.

I havent seen a list of tasks that need to be done, at least not anything that spans the entire range of things. Since you are following the thread, you can just add things to the list as you see them. Important stuff tends to keep getting posted. Maybe you can propose a process for people to work together. Maybe just be the one that answers the questions of people who want to help, but dont know how.

You are asking a lot of good questions. There is no official contact person, but mcjavar has been really helping out with many non-technical things. If you can provide some coordination, that would be great. There are a lot of nontechnical people lurking and if you can figure out how to coordinate the large amount of manpower this represents, well that would be very cool.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
igmaca

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:50:39 PM

Schneier has said in the past that he's cautious about ECC (esp. in relation to key size) because we may not understand their properties sufficiently yet.  Just FYI.

someone was looking for experts in cryptography maybe through him you can find one willing to work with the nxt project
Jerical13

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:01:07 AM

[q
[/quote]

My way is to just to contact the person that makes the posts.
I work together with many people. Just approach them and offer your help. PM works best, in most cases, otherwise it gets "washed  away" in this thread Wink

Some groups use IRC or other systems for coordination, or google docs. Whatever works.
Some groups are looser than others. You can always step out as long as you don't commit to something and then leave. That's always bad form.

Are you looking for something specific?
[/quote]

No, nothing specific; Anything I can help with. I have strengths in writing/ publishing, sales/ marketing/ customer relations. I am new to NXT and have little technical knowledge. Not very strong in computer techs but I am a fast learner if someone doesn't mind answering questions. But generally will do what ever anyone needs help with.

And honestly meant no offense. But I think it would help if there were a way to find out what is going on and if there is anyone in need of help. Or if there is such a place that it be easier to access or more publicized.
Xio

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:02:24 AM

I need some Test NXT, anyone of you guys kind enough? Account # 8437547255544973198 on testnet.
Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:11:48 AM

No, nothing specific; Anything I can help with. I have strengths in writing/ publishing, sales/ marketing/ customer relations. I am new to NXT and have little technical knowledge. Not very strong in computer techs but I am a fast learner if someone doesn't mind answering questions. But generally will do what ever anyone needs help with.

And honestly meant no offense. But I think it would help if there were a way to find out what is going on and if there is anyone in need of help. Or if there is such a place that it be easier to access or more publicized.

If you are interested and n writing, look at least in the marketing thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412243.new#new

There are bounties for articles and sites.

You might also want to talk to apenzl from the Next Newsletter: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=198847

He and I are working on a comprehensive news site and writers are sought.

And again:I don't take offense and can understand i's difficult to find things. I am glad you want to do things!

Feel free to contact me in PM with questions. Going to sleep now, but will answer when I can Smiley

Jerical13

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:18:50 AM

There is nobody in charge. This is good in some ways but not so good in other ways.
Basically, it lets people who see something that needs to be done that is not being done that they can do, and they start doing it.

You are already involved! Regardless of what you might think, I do appreciate your efforts. It seems that you are new to the crazy world of decentralized crypto. I was in the same place three months ago.

You are asking questions about organization. Decentralization tends to get disorganized, but that is not a requirement and I think you can help by helping coordinate others who are asking the same questions as you.

I havent seen a list of tasks that need to be done, at least not anything that spans the entire range of things. Since you are following the thread, you can just add things to the list as you see them. Important stuff tends to keep getting posted. Maybe you can propose a process for people to work together. Maybe just be the one that answers the questions of people who want to help, but dont know how.

You are asking a lot of good questions. There is no official contact person, but mcjavar has been really helping out with many non-technical things. If you can provide some coordination, that would be great. There are a lot of nontechnical people lurking and if you can figure out how to coordinate the large amount of manpower this represents, well that would be very cool.

James

That would be great. And I do understand the inherent confusion of this decentralized thing and see the values in it. When developing ideas, or brainstorming it is a very useful tool and a good way to exercise thought process. But when it comes to actually doing something my brain tends to operate in a more militaristic fashion, and it helps me to have some sort of order or chain of command. So Mcjavar, really no offense.  I would be glad to help. I will consider ways to implement some sort of coordination amongst us.
Jerical13

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:19:57 AM

If you are interested and n writing, look at least in the marketing thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412243.new#new

There are bounties for articles and sites.

You might also want to talk to apenzl from the Next Newsletter: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=198847

He and I are working on a comprehensive news site and writers are sought.

And again:I don't take offense and can understand i's difficult to find things. I am glad you want to do things!

Feel free to contact me in PM with questions. Going to sleep now, but will answer when I can Smiley

Right on. thanks.
btc2nxt

Activity: 236

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:15:23 AM

Here is version 2.2 of my Windows/Mac OSX NXT client "NXT Solaris".

Changelog
-Mac OSX version added (source is included in the Windows downloads)
-GUI Performance improvements
-Changed the default testnet address to "http://tn01.nxtsolaris.info:6876/"
-The JCL is no longer needed to compile the source code
-Fixed a bug that prevented sending NXT to accounts without a public key in the BC
-Fixed Bter market data retrieval
-Fixed "secret maps to expected account number" check for secrets with characters beyond ascii
-Added checks for enough funds before broadcasting transactions

Download
64-bit Windows Version: NXTSolaris-v2.2-Win64bit.zip (36.3 MB) – Download here
SHA256 checksum for NXTSolaris-v2.2-Win64bit.zip: BCDC7C27755A138E44AE51FB3F842BB8E12FAC6AF3117F44BB99B9B01B581F95

32-bit Windows Version: NXTSolaris-v2.2-Win32bit.zip (34.3 MB) – Download here
SHA256 checksum for NXTSolaris-v2.2-Win32bit.zip: 0F6851CE16411756EB5ED9ADFBD1AF730CEC0B68D8566660D8A8257C0DF3F7B1

32-bit Mac OSX Version: NXTSolaris-v2.2-OSX32bit.zip (9.5 MB) – Download here
SHA256 checksum for NXTSolaris-v2.2-OSX32bit.zip: 76B416EB3783410E33AC14353501F9FC735863CE725205AE0DF78C1E678F76BD

For screenshots and everything else please visit: http://nxtsolaris.wordpress.com/

Installation
Simply unzip the archive and run the NXTSolarisStarter.exe file.

The current version 2.2 is compatible with the previous versions 2.1.

Roadmap
1.) Move current version of my code to XE5 and release closed source 32-bit and 64-bit versions for Windows. [DONE]
2.) Refactor code to a MVC architecture, so that I can create separate GUIs while using the same version of the business logic code. [DONE]
3.) Create new GUIs for Windows and OS X using the same business logic, but based on the cross-platform Firemonkey libraries. [DONE]
4.) Release Windows version (32 and 64 bit) based on FireMonkey. [DONE]
5.) Implement new features from the TODO list [DONE]
6.) Release source-code for FireMonkey Windows version (February 16th, 2014 latest) [DONE]
7.) Implement new features from the TODO list
8.) OSX compatibility changes
9.) Release OSX version based on FireMonkey.
10.) Release source code for FireMonkey OSX version.

I've reached the end of my roadmap! :-)

TODO list
-Arbitrary message encryption
-Offer a simple and advanced GUI, with the simple GUI targeted at new users

Donations
I hope you like my client and I’d be extremely happy to see some donations for the future of this project!

NXT: 1758531264253431177

+1
PM my passphrase generator ,maybe you add it in your application.
btc2nxt

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:46:48 AM

Wouldn't an alert immediately saying "You can't buy your own asset idiot" be better?

No. This would violate user's right to do stupid things.

Cool, I knew it wasn't that big of a deal and the order did go away on it's own. So far that's the only "error" I've been able to produce but will keep trying.
to BrianNowhere
you may review my post about tests.

i buy my asset ,because ,other' assets are too high, and my balance is only 5K. You know many cases need test. So play a low ask order ,like 1nxt
apenzl

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 02:20:31 AM

Here is version 2.2 of my Windows/Mac OSX NXT client "NXT Solaris".

Boom! Thank you!
I've been looking forward to testing it!

Mac version:
Crashed twice when I double-clicked my acc.
No aliases shown when chosen from the acc tab.

I'm forging again!
And BTW I also got to see the balance of my acc and realized I have received donations! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! Grin

[EDIT] Solaris crashed again when I clicked "start forging" with the "nxter.org"-acc.

/apenzl

PS.
I've decided to share my "notes" for the weekly NXT Newsletter, as they come, thought it might benefit some.
So announcements, updates etc. from this thread are now posted on http://nxter.org in (almost) real time. At least when I'm awake. Wink

pandaisftw

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:24:02 AM

Could somebody sent TestNxt to the  ....
- if someone needs testNXTs - ask them here: https://forums.nxtcrypto.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=832&p=4237#p4237

So embarrassingly enough, I can't remember my nxtcrypto pw, with no reset button. Who should I contract about this?

Just to save time (sorry), here is my testnet account:

NXT: 13095091276527367030
Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:29:54 AM

- if someone needs testNXTs - ask them here: https://forums.nxtcrypto.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=832&p=4237#p4237

So embarrassingly enough, I can't remember my nxtcrypto pw, with no reset button. Who should I contract about this?

You need optical carrier for this  Smiley

btc2nxt

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:36:41 AM

I am not a programmer, but still can "step up".
I am organizing the team for James to work on the AE Gateway, I am trying to get nev devs on board to work with the core dev team and am trying to organize the AE testing.
While I have a job where I have to work 50-60 a week.

You could step up and help us writing test cases for the AE testing.

Your statement is invalid.

i am not fluent in english, but i would try to spread my thoughts about testcase of Asset test.

1. function test
  all function=api, have tested ,i think it is ok. We may test all it again .
Asset :
about Asset name:
a). name must contain only digits and latin letters, so Chinese characters are invalid.
b). aaa = AAA
c). cannot use '-' in name , so A-A is invalid.
d). 3-10 characters, so AA is not valid.

2. order match test
  a) a ask order match multi bid orders(1-1,1-3 have tested ,1-100+ haven't tested
    e.g.   bid orders:
           quantity 1,price 1
           quantity 1,price 2
           quantity 1,price 3
           quantity 1,price 100
        ask order
         quantity 1000,price 100  
  b) reverse case a ,1 bid order match 100+ haven't tested
  c) more bid orders(100+,1K+,10K+) want only a ask order at the same time
   e.g.
    e.g.   bid orders:
          user a:  quantity 10,price 100
          user b:  quantity 10,price 100
          user b:  quantity 10,price 101
          user zz:  quantity 10,price 100
        ask order
         quantity 10,price 100  
     in this case, b should win, if b.price=100,whose.chain long would be win.
  d) reverse case c
  e) 100+ user Issue same asset at the same time
      i think whose.chain long would be win.  
  f)in case a-e, some of them cacel orders:ask orders,bid orders, and check balance is ok or not.(NRS balance is ok or not)
  g) after  order match ,check hold asset qty is right or not.

btw  tester should use the newest release.
pandaisftw

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:56:55 AM

You need optical carrier for this  Smiley

Thanks Damelon, I'll PM optical.

^[GS]^

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:02:24 AM

10000 NXT BOUNTY for google authenticator help

I am announcing a 10000 NXT bounty for someone to help me integrate google authenticator to the gateway. It will be paid when the gateway passes the community created test plan for multigateway.

I need someone that can do the webpages needed for account # and token input and the server side code that properly correlates that. along with whatever other help I need. Especially making sure the process is secure.

James

Edit: I hope somebody knows where to update the list of bounties and will do so
I do not understand the bounty.
But I've programmed several times (after each change of API), Google Login code.
Does that serve you?
Asian Prepper

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 03:03:09 AM

1st video about NXT at the 2014 Texas Bitcoin Conference:

http://prisonorfreedom.com/what-is-nxt-nextcoin-2014-texas-bitcoin-conference/

Enjoy!
Tai Zen

As of 2014-04-09 I no longer post as "Asian Prepper" and will post under my real name "Tai Zen" to eliminate confusion.

Founder of www.PrisonOrFreedom.com | BTC: 19HHZ1yEimKUYVFM9TkXqd9xwM54jSFrmc | LTC:  LTA99422wieqR1MfWeNxZU5xAsESE9MzW7 | NXT:  17225446755425423638
pandaisftw

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:12:05 AM

Hey, I made a windows app for my nxt web interface;

You can download it here: http://nxtra.org/nxt-client/NxtWalletWindows.zip

Just run NxtWallet.exe to start.

Proof of concept at this point, probably bugs in there. Please report.

Donations appreciated at 8189784314684138350

I have also sent the html interface to jean-luc, hopefully it will be in the next version (it is in this NxtWallet.exe already)

Btw, "tools" menu doesn't do anything at the moment.

Great work Wesleyh, I just tried it out and I'm honestly blown away by how awesome it is in both functionality and looks! I just sent a donation to you, I hope others do the same! Smiley

xyzzyx

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

I don't really come from outer space.

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:21:38 AM

Topic: Satoshi Nakamoto's P2P foundation profile makes a reply:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdmSF-Ma_Cg

Whoops.  Wrong link.

I meant:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=504715.0

"An awful lot of code is being written ... in languages that aren't very good by people who don't know what they're doing." -- Barbara Liskov
Pages: « 1 ... 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 [2066] 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: