Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:28:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 [2080] 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761525 times)
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:59:30 PM

I decided to use my right not to follow BCNext's orders that I don't like (it's allowed by the contract).

I think we should sort out important things like TF, discuss BCNext's ideas and then decide if we want to implement them (Account Control particularly). No need to stick to the plan, IMHO. I'll wait for the 3rd (last) part.

i thought you said that a few days ago he bailed for good.  I assumed that meant that we would not even know the 3rd part of his plan.  Is he back, or did he give it to you?
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
v39453

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:01:50 PM

We don't necessarily need to duplicate the SR model, we just have to find something that is equally useful. I would try a simpler design, where the buyer contacts the seller directly using encrypted messages. Information about reputable sellers is already discussed on the forums, so there is no need to publically announce who sells what.

1. Buyer sends message to query available products. Seller responds.
2. Buyer sends coins, name of product and physical address
3. Seller responds with order rejected or accepted.

I agree that having secure ways of mixing coins is not necessary, because there are already mixers for Bitcoin.

The question of having a reputation system and escrow is more tricky. I'm not sure that having a traditional feedback and escrow system is the best solution. Discussions on the forums already work as a kind of a reputation system.

Having a user-friedly client for this would be important.

EDIT: The seller-side software would run continuously on the seller's computer, keep track of the inventory and automatically respond to the buyers' queries.

If we have escrow AT (which has been discussed and is very possible) and a reputation system based on Tx id, with buyer/seller verified, (which will be added soon to clients) it will be close to possible.  I suggest decentralized marketplaces that are distributed with torrent like files downloaded to clients and then viewable via GUI.

I didn't understand what buyer/seller verified means.

I'm wondering if escrow/reputation is the best model for the SR type use case, and if there could be an alternative model.

Would the names of products and quantities sold be publicly available on the blockchain? Somehow I think this will draw unwanted attention.

How would disputes be resolved?  Outsiders can't know if the seller has sent the product. Either the seller or buyer can try to scam.

Seller can sell to himself and give good feedback.

Here's yet another idea: part of the payment before getting the product and part after. For new buyers for example 80% / 20%, for older customers 50% / 50%. The seller could set the algorithm. Even the prices could be lower for repeat customers. The software could automatically send each buyer an individualized offer.

jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 09:07:44 PM

Any technical feedback on NXTmixer? Anybody?

Or non-technical feedback? How much would people be willing to pay in transaction fees per day to be part of anonymous payments? If txfees were 0.1, it would cost 3 NXT per month with daily clearance. That seems to be a reasonable fee. People could use it to pay for non-urgent stuff

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
mcjavar

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:09:52 PM

Any technical feedback on NXTmixer? Anybody?

I´ve asked k_day on #nxtalk if he could have a look at it. Let´s wait for the other tech guys to get online.
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:21:15 PM

It will get better :-)

Tai Zen
You're doing great! Nxt has a lot to thank to you!  Smiley
gs02xzz

Activity: 221

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:25:29 PM

I decided to use my right not to follow BCNext's orders that I don't like (it's allowed by the contract).

I think we should sort out important things like TF, discuss BCNext's ideas and then decide if we want to implement them (Account Control particularly). No need to stick to the plan, IMHO. I'll wait for the 3rd (last) part.

Good. Do you have the 3 part yet? Do you have to wait for the 3rd to reveal?
Jerical13

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:26:26 PM

Well, I am back from Texas Bitcoin Conference and it was an extremely interesting experience.

Marketing NXT at TBC was a frustrating experience.   Wed night late I went around and put the NXT brochure out on literally 1600 chairs in preparation for the next day.  At noon on Thurs I went around and picked up the unused ones.  We probably only had 100 or so that were kept.  Of course the conference only had around 600 people, far less than expected.  I have made arrangements to ship the rest out to NxtMinnow for San Francisco.  

The exhibitor area was kind of a joke.   Very few tables, very few people went through it.  I was wrong to push for a separate NXT table earlier, it would have been a waste.    

I was on the cryptocoin panel discussion which I think went very well.  The video will be out in a few days and I'll post a link.  There were maybe 30 guys in the audience and on a show of hands probably only 5 had even heard of NXT.

I made a lot of good contacts, including a writer for Bitcoin Magazine with whom I had a very long talk about NXT.  He is going to write an article on us.  This is probably the number one positive thing for NXT that has come out of the conference.

The interest in Etherium in the Bitcoin community is extremely strong.  This is a trend to watch.

People want to hear confident leaders on a stage.  People want to hear confident leaders  on a stage.  People want to hear confident leaders  on a stage. 

The thing that has surprised me most, the biggest insight of all, is how few people care about the technical side of Bitcoin.  Over 95% of the people there view Bitcoin as a social/political phenomenon and wouldn't care if it were powered under the hood by three witches cackling around cauldron of witches' brew.  Talking about the advantages of transparent forging over competitive mining or PoW vs. PoS or trusted gateways or pretty much anything we discuss in this forum is totally irrelevant to them and actually to the future of NXT.

We will only get the attention of the mass community of Bitcoiners if we come up with a marketing theme / campaign that engages people to adopt NXT.  The will not adopt NXT because it is better or technically superior.  They will only adopt NXT if it meets a need of theirs that Bitcoin does not already currently meet.  

This is why Doge is so popular and is even surpassing Bitcoin in many ways.  Doge meets a social need to feel connected to something warm and fuzzy that Bitcoin does not.

I am at a loss to figure out how NXT can pull off a similar viral meme feat.  But we need to figure that out, fast.

Thanks Mr. James. Sounds like it went well....Baby steps Cheesy

As far as Doge's warm and fuzzy meme and trying to replicate something similar..... We have a HULK!!! (AE)
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:27:11 PM

i thought you said that a few days ago he bailed for good.  I assumed that meant that we would not even know the 3rd part of his plan.  Is he back, or did he give it to you?

I'll get the 3rd part on the email. In April, as planned.
farl4web
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:27:48 PM

Guys what about the distribution?
Somebody was revealing top 60 accounts holdings spreadsheet a month ago for a week or so. Did the distribution change any since? It is well obvious that we have whales unloading and keeping the price down for last couple of weeks.
It would be interesting to see these distribution numbers at the moment.
When the whales are dumping a few of the millions because CfB is quiting or other reasons, the distribution benefits from it. The price not, but that's only a short term effect. We do need some kind of new infographic that shows the distribution. We can react to all the trolls who are pulling Nxt down because of unfair distribution.
farl4web
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:31:33 PM

Well, I am back from Texas Bitcoin Conference and it was an extremely interesting experience.

Marketing NXT at TBC was a frustrating experience.   Wed night late I went around and put the NXT brochure out on literally 1600 chairs in preparation for the next day.  At noon on Thurs I went around and picked up the unused ones.  We probably only had 100 or so that were kept.  Of course the conference only had around 600 people, far less than expected.  I have made arrangements to ship the rest out to NxtMinnow for San Francisco.  

The exhibitor area was kind of a joke.   Very few tables, very few people went through it.  I was wrong to push for a separate NXT table earlier, it would have been a waste.    

I was on the cryptocoin panel discussion which I think went very well.  The video will be out in a few days and I'll post a link.  There were maybe 30 guys in the audience and on a show of hands probably only 5 had even heard of NXT.

I made a lot of good contacts, including a writer for Bitcoin Magazine with whom I had a very long talk about NXT.  He is going to write an article on us.  This is probably the number one positive thing for NXT that has come out of the conference.

The interest in Etherium in the Bitcoin community is extremely strong.  This is a trend to watch.

People want to hear confident leaders on a stage.  People want to hear confident leaders  on a stage.  People want to hear confident leaders  on a stage. 

The thing that has surprised me most, the biggest insight of all, is how few people care about the technical side of Bitcoin.  Over 95% of the people there view Bitcoin as a social/political phenomenon and wouldn't care if it were powered under the hood by three witches cackling around cauldron of witches' brew.  Talking about the advantages of transparent forging over competitive mining or PoW vs. PoS or trusted gateways or pretty much anything we discuss in this forum is totally irrelevant to them and actually to the future of NXT.

We will only get the attention of the mass community of Bitcoiners if we come up with a marketing theme / campaign that engages people to adopt NXT.  The will not adopt NXT because it is better or technically superior.  They will only adopt NXT if it meets a need of theirs that Bitcoin does not already currently meet.  

This is why Doge is so popular and is even surpassing Bitcoin in many ways.  Doge meets a social need to feel connected to something warm and fuzzy that Bitcoin does not.

I am at a loss to figure out how NXT can pull off a similar viral meme feat.  But we need to figure that out, fast.

Very usefull information! Thanx for your guerilla marketing with the brochures and all your effort. Nxt is better promoted than before the conference!

Jerical13

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:36:17 PM

We could focus on the decentralized asset exchange. It is something for selfish, technical interested or financial people.

yes, but we need to find a very useful/needed use case for average people to use AE. And it must be a very specific use case, not only some theoretical examples. The average people doesn't care that it could sell its stocks using AE if it would be a company.

The dialog should be like this:
We: With NXT and its AE you can do <some specific, really useful stuff in the daily life>, bam!
People: Really? I can do that with NXT? How can I get some NXT?

The other possibility is to find use cases for businesses that attracts their customers to use NXT.

sell your house with no legal fees! solicitors take a fair cut for handling the money side! if you can just agree on a sale and then do the money stuff on the asset exchange... cut the money grabbers out. fast and anonymous(soon)

Have you sold/bought a house lately, and see the zillion pages of paper you've got to sign not just for the house but the mortgage on it?  Somehow I doubt that NXT is just magically going to make that all go away.  It is a total racket, and just having two people shaking virtual hands on a mysterious cryptosystem on the internet isn't going to replace it anytime soon.

It may not really be all that far fetched, depending on the market location. California is a place that we should focus attention on as far as implementing ways to use the AE in this way as there will soon be legal means to work with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iGIcN4UFEA#aid=P7VDht7CWUg.
And the fact that transactions can be conducted anonymously doesn't mean they have to be.
farl4web
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:39:32 PM

If Etherium is such a big deal and the community is more important than the technical advantages, why does Nxt has 2160 pages and Etherium only 74 pages on Bitcointalk.org?
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:42:02 PM

If Etherium is such a big deal and the community is more important than the technical advantages, why does Nxt has 2160 pages and Etherium only 74 pages on Bitcointalk.org?
Ethereum is 2 advocacy guys project, Nxt is 1000 random guys project
farl4web
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:42:13 PM

Nxt has much more development advantage, there is no IPO for Etherium yet. It's going to be fine, and otherwise Nxt can live besides Etherium, it's an illusion there will be only one crypto in the future.
rdanneskjoldr

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:42:59 PM

And their only answers are.. Not soon,at the end of this year,next year,etc..
antanst

Activity: 294
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:44:23 PM

Somebody was revealing top 60 accounts holdings spreadsheet a month ago for a week or so. Did the distribution change any since? It is well obvious that we have whales unloading and keeping the price down for last couple of weeks.
When the whales are dumping a few of the millions because CfB is quiting or other reasons, the distribution benefits from it. The price not, but that's only a short term effect. We do need some kind of new infographic that shows the distribution. We can react to all the trolls who are pulling Nxt down because of unfair distribution.

I'll post a nice table showing the current distribution tomorrow. And maybe a chart or more :-)

bidji29

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:46:49 PM

i thought you said that a few days ago he bailed for good.  I assumed that meant that we would not even know the 3rd part of his plan.  Is he back, or did he give it to you?

I'll get the 3rd part on the email. In April, as planned.

Wasn't the plan supposed to be in 5 parts?

And what part of the plan (part 1 and 2)  are you exactly not following?

http://www.freebieservers.com/  100% FREE GAME SERVERS
farl4web
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:47:00 PM

I'll post a nice table showing the current distribution tomorrow. And maybe a chart or more :-)
That would be cool!  Smiley
Emule

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:48:40 PM

i can tell you they are selling like crazy.

now they sell slowly not to trigger panic
one problem...

when panic starts and they all running to the exit.. that door will be way to smal. to bad for the bagholders DISASTER!

imagine sell off millions and millions in few minuts aaaaand its gone.

this will unfold within one week

look for price nxt 0.000000000

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 09:49:15 PM

It got not MUCH better, but better indeed!

Pages: « 1 ... 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 [2080] 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: