Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:59:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 [2111] 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761525 times)
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:33:52 AM

I think entropy from mouse is needed for javascript (like wesley client) -- not for Java's SecureRandom

As for words, as I said, don't use cryptic words from diceware. 1626 simple words dictionary will just work fine for 128-bit entropy.

Actually, newest browsers have crypto.getRandomValues - so no mouse movement needed in those cases. Of course still necessary for older browsers.

Well, even if it is not technically necessary for most of the browsers, we should use the mouse movement because

1. With this, we make sure every user (no matter which browser) has a secure account (using mouse movement only on older browsers gives no common picture of the client on every computer. looks insecure)
2. It gives a secure feeling because the user is part of the process

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
verymuchso

Activity: 421
Merit: 250

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:35:36 AM

What does your implementation of words.getDiceWd look like?

It picks directly from an array of words. Why?

How do you map the integer type parameter down to the range of items in the dictionary?

int & 0X1fff returns a value between 0 (inclusive) and 8191 (inclusive)

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:37:10 AM

Good morning people  Cheesy .
Sebastien256

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:40:39 AM

I like the idea of parallel blockchain.

On one "fast" Blockchain:

- By limiting forging power to 1M nxt, we can ensure that at least 1000 fast nodes can manage TF with high TPS. Transaction that have to happen really fast (AM, important transaction, etc.) can take place on such blockchain. High premium quality hardware would be needed to ensure the stability of this blockchain.

On another "regular" Blockchain (there can be more than one):

- Transaction that don't require to be fast can unload the "fast" blockchain for which rasberrypi could be use to secure the network.

As long as in the client, the user can choose on which blockchain to broadcast his desired transaction (different cost associated to broadcasting depending one the quality of the hardware supporting the blockchain), then high TPS could happen within the nxt network if the user decide to use "fast" premium quality network for specific important transaction.

What do you think?

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
igmaca

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:42:25 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 11:08:32 AM by igmaca

Only TL;DR version, coz noone would read a full one.

- By limiting forging power to 1M nxt, we can ensure that at least 1000 fast nodes can manage TF with high TPS. Transaction that have to happen really fast (AM, important transaction, etc.) can take place on such blockchain. High premium quality hardware would be needed to ensure the stability of this blockchain.

- Transaction that don't require to be fast can unload the "fast" blockchain for which rasberrypi could be use to secure the network.

As long as in the client, the user can choose on which blockchain to broadcast his desired transaction (different cost associated to broadcasting depending one the quality of the hardware supporting the blockchain), then high TPS could happen within the nxt network if the user decide to use "fast" premium quality network for specific important transaction.

What do you think?

yes exact but think in this  Shocked

raspberry pi node that suports TF
special hubs node that suports TPS

one Raspberry pi node to forge must be active.
if a raspberry pi node gets forge shares its fee with other nodes Raspberry Pi grouping. (which are grouped in one of the 1,000 nodes ultra hight TPS)

when raspberry pi node have success in forging special node to belonging raspberry pi node forges too. note that this is parallel blockchain but only raspberry pi node suports TF

what happens if you attack one of the 1,000 nodes?

as the power to forge remains in raspberri pi nodes the network security remains unchanged.
it may happen that momentarily not reached 1,000 TPS

note the criteria to limit the power of forging an account 1,000,000 nxt is due to 1440 blocks are generated in a day and therefore the chance is about one day.

if the number of blocks per day for example increase to 14400 per day the criteria to limit the power of forging change to 100,000 nxt account as tantamount to a chance of about one day.

why one day?
because all accounts that they want to forge if they are always active every day receive fees
keeps the interest in forging and maintain the node active
marcus03

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:43:05 AM

How do you map the integer type parameter down to the range of items in the dictionary?

This is like a modulo operation right? Like "(int mod 8192)". If so, it puts a (very) slight preference on the first entries in the dictionary.

I don't have a cryptographic background, but it seems like one of these tiny things cryptographic people look for. Or it's just me being paranoid..
zorke

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:47:04 AM

The initial stakeholders don't owe anyone here a goddamn thing. They took the huge risk by buying in early while everyone else called NXT a scam coin. They are under NO obligation to re-distribute the wealth to all those, including me, who missed out because of cynicism or ignorance or whatever. If NXT becomes a huge success, they and they alone deserve to be hugely rewarded for taking that risk. they have every right as free citizens of planet earth to do damn well whatever they please with their windfall.

I'm not sure if you just ran out of psych-meds or if you're sucking up to the big holders, but your statements are insane.
They took a "huge risk" ? 50 dollars for 15 million NXT or so is a "huge risk" ?
*Most* of those who "missed out" was people who didn't see the thread or came too late because BCNext shutdown the IPO hastily.
I have used the arguments you are regurgitating too many times in the last 3 months of marketing and arguing with skeptics, so I know them in and out.
This isn't about big stakeholders handing out NXT to random people, but to FUND marketing, FUND development, FUND incentives for people to give a fuck of NXT's health.

And it's also about fairness. Right now most of the stakeholders are just like the CEOs of Walmart. They take all the money and let people do all the work.

How you can justify the idea that because they invested 50 dollars they have this deep deserving right to be millionaires while those who make NXT worth milliones should get none is baffling.

It sounds like you've seen a 5 minute clip of Milton Friedman and think that this trickledown economy is a law of physics. Insane.

Well this is exactly what I said 3 post above!!
bitcoinpaul

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:48:20 AM

What do you think?

Parallel blockchains, same NXT tokens?
DrearyUrbanite

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:48:32 AM

are you guys still buying more nxt or just waiting for it to finally go up?

im thinking of buying more but there is no buy support? why? seems like lots of good development

I am still buying and will continue to buy until I reach my 100K goal or NXT gets too expensive for me to reach it. I am only at around 77K now.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
Sebastien256

Activity: 715

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:50:07 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 11:02:10 AM by Sebastien256

What do you think?

what is the idea of NXT tokens? I did not read that before. Any link?

EDIT: sorry did not understand question at first. Yes, with SAME nxt tokens or coins on the various blockchain.

Using same nxt tokens for different blockchain seem to be compatible with the idea of CfB:

RFC: Parallel Chains concept

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
bitcoinpaul

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:51:01 AM

NXT = coins = tokens.
wesleyh

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:53:18 AM

I think entropy from mouse is needed for javascript (like wesley client) -- not for Java's SecureRandom

As for words, as I said, don't use cryptic words from diceware. 1626 simple words dictionary will just work fine for 128-bit entropy.

Actually, newest browsers have crypto.getRandomValues - so no mouse movement needed in those cases. Of course still necessary for older browsers.

Well, even if it is not technically necessary for most of the browsers, we should use the mouse movement because

1. With this, we make sure every user (no matter which browser) has a secure account (using mouse movement only on older browsers gives no common picture of the client on every computer. looks insecure)
2. It gives a secure feeling because the user is part of the process

Hmm, anyone else's input on this? I believe relying on system cryptography is always better than having the user doing something (mouse movement). It will be available though, for older browsers.
verymuchso

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:55:36 AM

This is like a modulo operation right? Like "(int mod 8192)". If so, it puts a (very) slight preference on the first entries in the dictionary.

I don't have a cryptographic background, but it seems like one of these tiny things cryptographic people look for. Or it's just me being paranoid..

I have not heard that before, please do point at any references if you know of any. If it is true it should not be used, you are right.
In that case rand.nextInt(ARRAY.length) would be the safer bet.

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:58:14 AM

Good morning people  Cheesy .

Good morning , bro...!

The initial stakeholders ....*snip*..... do damn well whatever they please with their windfall.

I'm not sure ....*snip*

How you can justify the idea that because they invested 50 dollars they have this deep deserving right to be millionaires while those who make NXT worth milliones should get none is baffling.

It sounds like you've seen a 5 minute clip of Milton Friedman and think that this trickledown economy is a law of physics. Insane.

Unique is being blunt as fuck here, but he does have a point. More big stakeholders opening their wallets would be good, even if only to show that they do give a fuck. But we've down this road before without much results, we can't force people to fund NXT even if it is in their own best interest to do so. So lets put selfish stakeholders on the list of things to ignore, for the moment.

I've got a lot of catching up to do in this thread, also.  For now, I will say a few things off the top of my head.  

First, we have got to pay more attention to NXT as a 1st generation coin, and call it a coin, without parentheses or apologies.  We need vendors to accept it and people to want it.

*snip*

TF and 1000TPS is what sold me on this coin and is the ONLY feature we have that is above and beyond all Bitcoin clones and even Etherium on the horizon.  I get that 1000TPS would take dev work, but I thought TF was a done deal.  Now it's not?

Third, we have got to pull together as a team and FOCUS.  FOCUS.  FOCUS.  Maybe the funding committees are the start of this.  I hope so.   I would go so far to say that there needs to be yet another committee election, for a leadership committee, one with no money or unspent NXT behind it at all, just the raw power to say "NXT IS GOING TO DO THIS."  and whose members then can stand up on a stage, virtual or real, in front of people and tell them that NXT is on a course to SOMEWHERE.

Maybe I'm just in dictator withdrawal from pushing the election over the goal line.   Maybe sleep will help.  G'nite.

I believe in dictatorship. Democracy will fail (and fall) in the coming decades. Collective ownership is bullshit, because noone feels responsible for anything. A lot of great ideas are getting thrown in the round every day in this thread, but almost all remain without action. It´s like fartig in a room with full off people and then closing the door and leaving: it´s an interesting experience, but pointless and after a while even disturbing.

I still believe that this project needs a project manager. Look at all the other successfull cryptos: they all have carismatic leaders. A big project like this can´t only rely on a few self-sacrificing people.

I hate dictators and charismatic leaders....but we do seem to need some pushing to get shit done. Look at RJ and the committee elections.

Password security integration stuff looks promising, guys, lets make it happen. Which committee has responsibilty for clients?

Got to run, brb in an hour or 2.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:00:03 AM

I think the simplest way to do it is to just generate  a 128-bit random number, then represent ('convert") it to to base 1626 (1626 word dictionary).

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
bitcoinpaul

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:05:34 AM

Hmm, anyone else's input on this? I believe relying on system cryptography is always better than having the user doing something (mouse movement). It will be available though, for older browsers.

I'm just speaking from a user standpoint. If it is technically not good, don't use it. Didn't thought though that mouse movement is insecure?!
marcus03

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:08:04 AM

I have not heard that before, please do point at any references if you know of any. If it is true it should not be used, you are right.
In that case rand.nextInt(ARRAY.length) would be the safer bet.

I don't have a reference, but say you want to map a random value R between 0 and 15 to a value P between 0 and 9 and use P=(R modulo 10):

Code:
R   P
0   0
1   1
2   2
3   3
4   4
5   5
6   6
7   7
8   8
9   9
10  0
11  1   
12  2
13  3
14  4
15  5

As you see, having the input value R completely random, doesn't mean that P is as random, since you will get values 0 to 5 twice as often as values 6 to 9.

I picked the example to show the problem. With the very large ranges for R (e.g. integer) and very small ranges for P (e.g. 0 to 8191), the problem might just be a very theoretical one.
rriky92

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 11:09:48 AM

New iNxt version 1.0.8 in AppStore

Changelog:
New exchange:Cryptsy, Poloniex
Now exchange are sorted for Volume (03/03/14)
App now uses POST instead of GET (more secure)
New API to know if account is forging
Bug fix

Download link:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/inxt/id802351888?l=it&ls=1&mt=8

Donations:
Great.
no price of Cryptsy?
There is cryptsy
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 11:13:08 AM

No - different tokens (NXT and NXG in my illustration).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
verymuchso

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:17:35 AM

the problem might just be a very theoretical one.

Maybe. But you proved your point. Thanks.

Pages: « 1 ... 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 [2111] 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: