Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:18:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 [2167] 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761526 times)
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:44:46 PM

logged in on stand alone client and nxtra with same passphrase gave same acc no but stand alone has no nxt in it... other one does? guessing its on a fork?

Koddy, post here your account No. and somebody will transfer them to you. Please remember, this is testnet and testnxt!!

EDIT: and do not use your REAL PASSPHRASE in this client!!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grandpa_seth

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:45:21 PM

Getting nodecoins automatically is really cool. But someone explain to me when real nodecoins start what is going to give them value? Isn't it a false
assumption that miners will forge to get nodecoins?
Right now miners have so many options of which coin to mine and they choose based on how
easy the difficulty is and how much they can pump and dump it for.
That's why new coins get mined quickly. The miners know there will always
be someone dumb enough to think "ejaculate coin" will be the next big thing and everyone is going to use it to buy groceries so therefore I must
buy some on cryptsy.
What reason would miners have to "mine" nodecoin? Who's going to buy them?

It's only a TEST !

Duh, read the bold part. Its a test now, I'm talking about when we are live on main and nodecoins start for real.
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:45:54 PM

Once it's funded, but no outgoing transactions:

Wow, looking very nice! Will test tonight.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:47:56 PM

Getting nodecoins automatically is really cool. But someone explain to me when real nodecoins start what is going to give them value? Isn't it a false
Right now miners have so many options of which coin to mine and they choose based on how
be someone dumb enough to think "ejaculate coin" will be the next big thing and everyone is going to use it to buy groceries so therefore I must
buy some on cryptsy.

It's only a TEST !

Duh, read the bold part. Its a test now, I'm talking about when we are live on main and nodecoins start for real.

I don't know....
brooklynbtc

Activity: 336

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:49:08 PM

buy some on cryptsy.

It's only a TEST !

imagine you could mine nodeBitCoins, real easy and cheap. What would this do? RAISE IN PRICE because of arbitrage.
nodecoin value will follow NXT value, and if you mine them, you will get some.

SN
S   U   P   E   R    N   E   T
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
Uniting cryptocurrencies, Rewarding talent, Sharing benefits..

Blockchain Technology.

brooklynbtc

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:58:11 PM

and for interesting reference, it seems that having 0textNXT vs having 15000testNXT doesnt seem to change my nodemining output

my current rounds fluctuate before and after 15k

current 0.84033613
current 1.07526881
current 0.82644628
current 0.81300813
current 1.02040816
current 0.89285714
current 1.04166666

SN

Blockchain Technology.

Touque

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:59:28 PM

mastercoin community is virtually non-existent? :/ http://mastercointalk.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=089oprtopcfe7q5tq2sdojvq56&
trying to find info about it is a bitch... :/

at least we can copy asset ideas:

Businesses using user-created tokens:

1) Airlines - transferable flyer miles create a more dynamic and fluid market for airline tickets, hard nut to crack but an obvious one, supply is created by the airline's economists/consultants and destroyed when redeemed for tickets. You just need to convince one airline.

2) Game companies - most game companies that rely on microtransactions go through the Google or Apple payment gateway and lose 30% of their revenue, but those companies can't regulate how they change their own game data-base when a blockchain transaction is recognized. I can email several people I know in both the indie and social game sectors to see how interested they would be in trying a transferrable, higher margin currency for their premium game content.

3) NGO's could use these coins to try and kickstart economic activity in regions where they are operating, Auroracoin style, a bit of a long-shot but the PR and actual economic upsides are huge. I don't have such a large contact list in this segment but it's worth going through a DB of NGOs doing development work in underbanked regions and cold-emailing them.

+1. Maybe it is time to create a Nxt business development committee or Nxt foundation to collect, consult, promote, and develop this kind ideas to help business persons to create business on top of the Nxt infrastructure.
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:00:09 PM

But how to get it up and running on Windows?

sorry - this kind of thing is difficult to explain gently ... you know, about the Windows 'Operating System' ??

mcjavar is asking how to run a native version on windows.
Only few windows people will bother setting up a virtual linux machine to run the software.

Thank you for understanding my problem. Smiley

Sorry about the cheap Windows joke.

the 'run.sh' file has these two lines:

gcc -o get_dogeaddr get_dogeaddr.c -lcurl
gcc -o nodeminer nodeminer.c -lcurl

Which means - it won't run on Windows afaik, because gcc is not available in blank form.

So you get to either use a windows compiler, or use ... mingw and its environment.

And then there is the proper curl-lib

Truth is, I don't know how to do this in Windows - you'll just have use some kind of linux: mingw or VM

grandpa_seth

Activity: 316

Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:02:53 PM

buy some on cryptsy.

It's only a TEST !

imagine you could mine nodeBitCoins, real easy and cheap. What would this do? RAISE IN PRICE because of arbitrage.

Hey brooklynbtc,

hmmm I kinda get what you're saying. I am no expert but if you see it and James who obviously gave birth to it sees it then I can't
say anything except I hope it does what its suppose to because that would be brilliant if it did.
2Kool4Skewl (OP)

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 04:13:15 PM

First Post Update

I updated the link on the first post for the AT Development Thread to Ian's CIYAM NXT AT Forum.

I think Ian's CIYAM forum is a good way to foster development and should be used for more NXT dev projects.  Currently, projects can only be funded in BTC, but Ian has offered to add a NXT funding field.  NXT AT project currently has 1.058 BTC allocated to development.

If Come-from-Beyond doesn't have the time or resources to finish parallel blockchains, the community can use Ian's site to fund and develop it.

I also received a message from Copperlark informing me that the crypto exchange UpBit.org is now trading NXT.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
mcjavar

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:13:21 PM

buy some on cryptsy.

hey Gramps, PoW gives value because the network needs securing. Nodecoin will not be worth much ever, but it will be easy to make, and serve as more of a direct payout than Forging blocks.

This will help the naysayers and minnows who accuse NXT of being a premined scam, and those who dont want to leave their NXT online.

you could set up a node farm, and HELP the network and earn a lot of coins.

But he is right... what for, if it is worthless? What will give it value?
mcjavar

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:15:00 PM

But how to get it up and running on Windows?

sorry - this kind of thing is difficult to explain gently ... you know, about the Windows 'Operating System' ??

mcjavar is asking how to run a native version on windows.
Only few windows people will bother setting up a virtual linux machine to run the software.

Thank you for understanding my problem. Smiley

Which means - it won't run on Windows afaik, because gcc is not available in blank form.

So you get to either use a windows compiler, or use ... mingw and its environment.

Truth is, I don't know how to do this in Windows - you'll just have use some kind of linux: mingw or VM

Thank you l8orre!
brooklynbtc

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:15:11 PM

buy some on cryptsy.

It's only a TEST !

Hey brooklynbtc,

hmmm I kinda get what you're saying. I am no expert but if you see it and James who obviously gave birth to it sees it then I can't
say anything except I hope it does what its suppose to because that would be brilliant if it did.

all these alt coins DO NOT have VALUE because they are new and cool (they BUBBLE for those reasons)
the reason any coins, crypto or fiat , (especially PoW coins) have value because WE decide that the value of what went into making them is TRANSFERRABLE and VALUABLE to others in free exchange

Nodecoins are valuable because they will be paid out to nodes who are serving to support the network.
Imagine if the mobile phone company said we're not going to build ANY towers, BUT if you run a tower at your house, we will pay you for doing this.

NXT is decentralized, so there is no COMPANY to build the towers. There is just users. So nodecoin will PAY them all to secure the network.
Forging is the same idea, except that forging proves the blockchain, and with PoS you need to HOLD coins to make coins.

PoW, like in nodecoin, will allow anyone to point their computer, pi, cubbie, or tv stick and no matter how much NXT, you can just get paid daily for mining nodes.

I've had it online for 90 minutes and pulled in 40 nodecoins..

SN

Blockchain Technology.

GambleX

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

GambleX Exchange/Gambling

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 04:21:57 PM

Hello NXT-Community,

I am David, from gamblex.org. We are currently building a currency exchange and gambling site, that will offer games in all supported currencies (Dice, Roulette and Blackjack). We are currently in the process of looking into different new coins. Our dev looked into NXT and said it is clearly very different to implement it vs Bitcoin, but he says it is doable.

Do you guys think, that there is enough intrest in this community, for us to add NXT?

This thread is pretty huge, so for feedback please PM me or post in our thread, thanks!
Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=498311.0

Regards,
David
Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:23:41 PM

buy some on cryptsy.

It's only a TEST !

Hey brooklynbtc,

all these alt coins DO NOT have VALUE because they are new and cool (they BUBBLE for those reasons)
the reason any coins, crypto or fiat , (especially PoW coins) have value because WE decide that the value of what went into making them is TRANSFERRABLE and VALUABLE to others in free exchange

Nodecoins are valuable because they will be paid out to nodes who are serving to support the network.
Imagine if the mobile phone company said we're not going to build ANY towers, BUT if you run a tower at your house, we will pay you for doing this.

NXT is decentralized, so there is no COMPANY to build the towers. There is just users. So nodecoin will PAY them all to secure the network.
Forging is the same idea, except that forging proves the blockchain, and with PoS you need to HOLD coins to make coins.

PoW, like in nodecoin, will allow anyone to point their computer, pi, cubbie, or tv stick and no matter how much NXT, you can just get paid daily for mining nodes.

I don't know the mechanics of it but I believe James plans to tie the nodecoin POW to doing real transaction processing/useful work for real world business (rather than look for Prime numbers say). Then the 99% of the POW isn't wasted, unlike bitcoin.

Maybe businesses pay into a central holding account in Nxt to have some processing work done. People running nodeminers get given the coins for doing the work and then the the holding account Nxt is used to buy back nodecoins that are on the market. Therefore, nodecoine will have a value proportional to the number of businesses that use the system to do their work. From what James said, there was a positive reinforcement in there somewhere that I can't recall the details of.

BloodyRookie

Activity: 687

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:25:06 PM

Even with mingw installed, with libcurl installed, with having changed some includes, it doesn't compile under window.

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
2Kool4Skewl (OP)

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 04:25:17 PM

CFB, you said $ 1 short-term goals when to go to it? Huh Cry Cry Cry

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
wesleyh

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:25:34 PM

when i try and transfer an asset using the alias for an acc instead of the number it says invalid acc id?

Invalid account ID.
ASSET

RECIPIENT

QUANTITY
FEE
DEADLINE (HOURS)
SECRET PHRASE
The contact links to account 852009

This should work now, please try.
mcjavar

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:25:56 PM

buy some on cryptsy.

It's only a TEST !

Hey brooklynbtc,

But they would pay you with FIAT which you can spend on bitchizz and coke, while you can´t buy anything for nodecoin.
nexern

Activity: 597

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:26:09 PM

hi,
have been very busy the last 10 days with an important RL extended service request for a big data project
i have built for a company some times ago, so i haven't had the time to follow the thread and development.
as soon i am finished this service (this weekend) i am again on the client and asset exchange even if there
are some very nice clients already in use, since my client structure differs from the current ones.

ps: i have recieved three donations for the client work (165k nxt) which i would pass back, if i am not able
to deliver until end of month (never ever took funds for nothing and don't intend to change this).
just mentioned in case the current boring data work keeps me longer busy as expected.
Pages: « 1 ... 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 [2167] 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: