Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:37:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 [2183] 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761526 times)
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:44:33 AM

A lot of wishful thinking, but I've lost hope with this project.

OK then...  take your losses/profits and move on...    Lips sealed

Yes I am actually evening out, but I just wanted to bring to the community awareness of this huge problem they have.

Some of the member really need to leave that dark hole in their room and get some sunshine where normal people walk so they can understand not everyone is like them.
Most of the world is populated with average everyday working joes, not computer super nerds.

Have you tried Wesley's client?

Edit: CliNXT I could use too. No Bat file or anything, who uses NRS anymore?
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:44:47 AM

Some people have run out of patience...  Smiley

LemonAndFries

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:48:35 AM

Having second thoughts about having such big investment in NXT.

I have yet to see anything useful and now it's becoming an asset?

Lol? No, it's becoming an ASSET EXCHANGE. Nodecoin is an asset on top of the Nxt platform. Some people called it NxtCoin for fun..

I didn't invest in an Asset Exchange, if I wanted that I would have just gone to cryptostocks for that.

NXT is starting to become something that I AM NOT WILLING to have so much investment in.

NXT coin was my original investment, not a fucking exchange,

your not investing in an exchange your investing in the base currency that that exchange runs on..

think of it this way.. on the exchange where nxt will be the base currency you will be able to trade other cryptos with hardly any fee's or none..

think of a decentralized cryptsy where you can trade all sorts of coins but instead of cryptsy using btc as the base currency we will be using nxt!

the same goes for companys.. you wont be able to buy shares in a company with shares of a different company, you will have to trade back to nxt first.. and all of this with out ever having to give your coins to a 3rd party! the exchange is a big FEATURE of what you have invested in.. it is not the investment itself...

that would be like investing in bitpay instead of btc...

So were back to the asset exchnage being a feature again instead of being NXT itself.

Who knows WTF is going on with this thing.

ummm ya if you cant see the potential that nxt and the asset exchange has, then i feel sorry for you.. your looking at a major advance in tech with the opportunity to get in on it or to pass it up. the decision is yours. i just hope your not looking back in 5-10 years wishing you stayed in nxt!

Again, this is all irrelevant if it never reaches mainstream.

It will just crash and burn.

You guys really need to focus on reaching the average user, not just the computer super nerds.

It will be great technology only if the mainstream adopts it.

Otherwise, we have another fail tech that could have, would have, but didn't.
LemonAndFries

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:49:53 AM

Yes I am actually evening out, but I just wanted to bring to the community awareness of this huge problem they have.

Some of the member really need to leave that dark hole in their room and get some sunshine where normal people walk so they can understand not everyone is like them.
Most of the world is populated with average everyday working joes, not computer super nerds.

Yes I have, I had to make a 1000000+ letter/symbol/number password that I have to remember or store somewhere?  Not very user friendly.  This is the stuff for computer super nerds, not the average person that just uses Facebook and thinks Doge memes are cute.
evanxxx

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:51:45 AM

Some people have run out of patience...  Smiley

I am looking forward to some more cheap Nxts now  Smiley
Daedelus

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:52:09 AM

Lol? No, it's becoming an ASSET EXCHANGE. Nodecoin is an asset on top of the Nxt platform. Some people called it NxtCoin for fun..

I didn't invest in an Asset Exchange, if I wanted that I would have just gone to cryptostocks for that.

NXT is starting to become something that I AM NOT WILLING to have so much investment in.

your not investing in an exchange your investing in the base currency that that exchange runs on..

think of it this way.. on the exchange where nxt will be the base currency you will be able to trade other cryptos with hardly any fee's or none..

think of a decentralized cryptsy where you can trade all sorts of coins but instead of cryptsy using btc as the base currency we will be using nxt!

the same goes for companys.. you wont be able to buy shares in a company with shares of a different company, you will have to trade back to nxt first.. and all of this with out ever having to give your coins to a 3rd party! the exchange is a big FEATURE of what you have invested in.. it is not the investment itself...

So were back to the asset exchnage being a feature again instead of being NXT itself.

ummm ya if you cant see the potential that nxt and the asset exchange has, then i feel sorry for you.. your looking at a major advance in tech with the opportunity to get in on it or to pass it up. the decision is yours. i just hope your not looking back in 5-10 years wishing you stayed in nxt!

You guys really need to focus on reaching the average user, not just the computer super nerds.

Like I said, it will be great technology only if the mainstream adopts it.

I AM the average user.

abctc
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:55:06 AM

- did you try wesleh's web-client ?  It's simple, just click: http://nxtra.org/nxt-client/ .

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

, the Next platform.  Magis quam Moneta (More than a Coin)
LemonAndFries

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:55:12 AM

I AM the average user.

No you're not, not if you know about bitcointalk.org.  Even reddit is not for the average user.

Source: I have friends who are very average and hate dealing with these types of places.
Daedelus

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:56:39 AM

Yes I have, I had to make a 1000000+ letter/symbol/number password that I have to remember or store somewhere?  Not very user friendly.  This is the stuff for computer super nerds, not the average person that just uses Facebook and thinks Doge memes are cute.

We are talking about money, potentially significant sums. Not collections of selfies and gossip about stuff you aren't really interested when you wrote it.

I am confident this will change over time so maybe you are just too early for your own comfort. Come back in 6 weeks and you might be more comfortable.
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:58:55 AM

I AM the average user.

No you're not, not if you know about bitcointalk.org.  Even reddit is not for the average user.

Source: I have friends who are very average and hate dealing with these types of places.

We are in the middle of creating a simple client. It is not finished yet. Let alone published it for the mass yet and you are complaining.

I have sended the wallet to some friends (Average users) and asked if they can test it. I am waiting for the results.
So I can report it to Wesleyh so we can make it more user friendly.

I suggest you do the same.

ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:00:51 AM

I agree with LemonAndFries and Uniqueorn in one thing at least: How many people is actively working on and developing NXT right now? Apart from CFB, Jean-Luc, James....? Where is the proof of "such a huge and nice community"?
abctc
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:02:51 AM

Yes I have, I had to make a 1000000+ letter/symbol/number password ...
- no, you had not (if do not wish to do so). You can pretend, that you do have an account, and simply enter your passphrase.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

, the Next platform.  Magis quam Moneta (More than a Coin)
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:03:00 AM

It will be great technology only if the mainstream adopts it.

I think no one is actually saying we should go mainstream without these.
I have also not seen anyone mentioning that Nxt be confined to "nerds"

However: do you seriously expect mainstream functionality in four months, when most of the developers have only seen the full code starting january and now the full code in March?

All your points can be answered in the affirmative. Yes, we are still groping towards a goal. Yes, we don't have everything in place. Yes, we cannot expect the average user to use Nxt at this moment.

Even with all this, we seem to reach opposite conclusions. You that Nxt is doomed and lagging and will fail. I that Nxt is young, in development and full of potential, whatéver the competition does.

With the same information that you had access to, and not being a "geek" or "nerd" or a coder, I never saw Nxt as a "coin", but as a "system". Otherwise I would never even have stepped in. I find coins boring, and not something I would invest in.

I can seriously see your point, and cannot argue against your personal conclusions from your apparent perspective. That doesn't mean that your perspective it the only one. I sincerely dislike being painted like some idiot that múst be wrong because he doesn't share your conclusions, and some other people probably do, too.

It is very possible to have access to the exact same facts and reach completely different conclusions.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:11:02 AM

I agree with LemonAndFries and Uniqueorn in one thing at least: How many people is actively working on and developing NXT right now? Apart from CFB, Jean-Luc, James....? Where is the proof of "such a huge and nice community"?

Wait a sec...  are you suggesting that only devs should be counted in regard to "such a huge and nice community"?    Huh

Not exactly, but "devs" in early steps of a project (a.k.a right now) are the heart and the legs of it. We should take care of them.

Anyway, if this community is "represented" by this thread,  right now, we are far far away from being "nice"  Roll Eyes You just need to read the last post to see my point.
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:12:18 AM

Why is this so hard for people to understand. DOGE sucks in terms of tech, yet it's the second largest community next to Bitcoin. Why? COMMUNITY AND MARKETING.
So what are you doing for community and marketing? You are trolling the community and get people annoyed.  Angry
farl4web
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:14:43 AM

NXT is becoming irrelevant with so many nice new Crypto 2.0 with more promise than this coming out.

+1 bye bye
farl4web
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:19:01 AM

Yes I have, I had to make a 1000000+ letter/symbol/number password ...
- no, you had not (if do not wish to do so). You can pretend, that you do have an account, and simply enter your passphrase.
The proof is all the activity on Bitcointalk (2270+ pages!), great activity on Nextcoin.org, a lot of projects (list @ http://nxt.startpagina.nl) started all the time, people speaking on conferences (Tai zen), podcasts, etc... Look for another 'altcoin' that has this. There arent' any!
ChuckOne

Activity: 364

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:22:23 AM

Is it an exchange? Is it a coin? Is it a website? Is it ice cream? Is it noodles?

NXT is a decentralized exchange.
NXT is a decentralized bank.
NXT is a decentralized democracy system.
NXT is a decentralized messaging system.
NXT is a coin.
ChuckOne

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:23:06 AM

Why is this so hard for people to understand. DOGE sucks in terms of tech, yet it's the second largest community next to Bitcoin. Why? COMMUNITY AND MARKETING.
So what are you doing for community and marketing? You are trolling the community and get people annoyed.  Angry

He does a lot for the community.
ChuckOne

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:23:44 AM

NXT is becoming irrelevant with so many nice new Crypto 2.0 with more promise than this coming out.

i would put money down that not one single other 2.0 coin has such a user friendly exchange that is getting better and better by the hour! also as the others/most others are bassed on the bitcoin blockchain, all transactions will take up to 10x longer then with the nxt asset exchange! other 2.0 cryptos are snail mail, nxt is the internet! Cheesy

Nice analogy.
Pages: « 1 ... 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 [2183] 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: