Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:18:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 2283 2284 [2285] 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761526 times)
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:41:40 PM

this will hurt a little sorry guys... soon it will be over hint bter

Roll Eyes It would be beneficial if you crashed the price to 0 on BTER, it would only shoot back up to where it is now, except more NXT would be distributed of course.

You had to quote this fool...  didn't ya?    Tongue

Hey PSYCHOPATH...  we all know it wasn't you on Bter...  STOP QUOTING THIS TROLL PEOPLE!!!!!    Kiss

Yeah, stop quoring him. He is nobody. No money. No nxt. He is all hot air.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mcjavar

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:42:04 PM

He's not leaving Smiley
He míght just be getting the price down so more people can buy.

Also: when someone sells, someone buys.
It's not as if the Nxt is running away  Cheesy

No, we need USD coz hired coders ask for fiat.

What will they work on? Why is klee paying for it? Or is this a community fund?
mr smith

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:42:15 PM

He's not leaving Smiley

It was a buy order for 2mill > not a sell order !

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
v39453

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:42:46 PM

Having SR type products on the public asset exchange might result in unwanted attention. I have proposed a way to create private password-protected marketplaces on top of the Nxt blockchain:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=317607.msg5699472#msg5699472

The thing is if Nxt can work as a totally decentralized exchange,people will use it for these things.As long as it doesnt become a pedophile platform, or used to trade arms... But if it has the potential to do it,someone will just do it.

I didn't mean that. I'll rephrase:

I'm not interested in policing what kinds of products people buy. But the public asset exchange is not as such a convenient forum for SR type business. It doesn't support mail-delivery type trades out of the box, and it is public. I have suggested adding password-protection and encryption on the AM based markets proposed originally by BCNext.
Eadeqa

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:43:57 PM

He's not leaving Smiley

who was hired? Who is this guy?

https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/commits/c1ee615e7611d1dccf62509a312d4e291392e754

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
BrianNowhere

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 07:47:51 PM

BrianNowhere, please put together a proposal to help Nxt find Java coders and submit it to the appropriate committee.

For the record, I did reach out to several Tech-Dev members offering my services and quoting rates.
No reply, so I am assuming no interest.

No biggie. I was starting to have second thoughts about the offer anyway. I'm no longer convinced that Nxt will not turn out be
a dystopian wasteland of confusion, chaos and ridiculous fees at every turn. I'm not seeing the advantages of using Nxt over just sticking with a trusted centralized exchange.

I haven't even really gotten into my complete opposition to the idea of charging a fee for merely placing a buy or sell order, not for executing an order but just putting out your reel. In my opinion, this is going to be make or break for many considering using the AE.
No one else seems to think it will be a problem.

To the person who said I mention Ripple too much, I only do that because Ripple is Nxt's direct competitor and Nxt and Ripple are very very much alike.  I'd prefer Nxt to come out on top, but from where I sit,  Ripple doesn't have a lot of the problems I see with forging, fees and scalability, coupled with the fact that Ripple's transactions are so much faster. Ripple does have a community as well and even has a libertarian following. Check out Xrptalk.org or OpenXrp.org they have plenty of entusiastic supporters.

Considering how very much like Ripple Nxt is, I think it's pertinent. I have tried to offer solutions to at least get the thought process going but the developers are dismissive. I get the feeling of being talked down to whenever I bring up concerns and get the sense the feedback is not desired unless it consists of mindless praise and enthusiasm. I'm getting the feeling that anyone who is not a developer is viewed as an annoyance, especially anyone who has invested for speculative reasons, which is probably about 85% of Nxt holders.

Developers seem to have issues with speculators, who I believe they need dearly and are dismissive of at their peril. That's their right.
For the rest of us we'll vote with our feet, our wallets and our energy.

NXT: 4957831430947123625
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:49:08 PM

Details r not sorted yet. Had long debates (derailed few times). Let's wait for announcement.
mcjavar

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:51:38 PM

Details r not sorted yet. Had long debates (derailed few times). Let's wait for announcement.

Who will announce and when?
Why is klee paying for it? Or is this a community fund?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:53:03 PM

Who will announce and when?
Why is klee paying for it? Or is this a community fund?

Wait for announcement.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:58:44 PM

Did you want some TestNXt ?
Eadeqa

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:59:06 PM

BrianNowhere, please put together a proposal to help Nxt find Java coders and submit it to the appropriate committee.

Considering how very much like Ripple Nxt is, I think it's pertinent. I have tried to offer solutions to at least get the thought process going but the developers are dismissive. I get the feeling of being talked down to whenever I bring up concerns and get the sense the feedback is not desired unless it consists of mindless praise and enthusiasm. I'm getting the feeling that anyone who is not a developer is viewed as an annoyance, especially anyone who has invested for speculative reasons, which is probably about 85% of Nxt holders.

Developers seem to have issues with speculators, who I believe they need dearly and are dismissive of at their peril. That's their right.

You should sell all your nxt and move to ripple. Live happy ever after.

Why keep repeating the same thing over and over about ripple? Almost everyone here knows about ripple and have used it.

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
jztxeno

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:04:14 PM

Why keep repeating the same thing over and over about ripple? Almost everyone here knows about ripple and have used it.

GTFO

No, then I am the only one who didnt use ripple, ever.
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:08:27 PM

I don't agree. Brian has concerns and at least talks without shouting. That alone takes me in for him Smiley
He may leave if things don't go his way, but just dismissing people is just is... rude.
It also deprives you from other views.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
El3k0n

Activity: 109

USA TRUMP USA TRUMP USA TRUMP

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:08:50 PM

GTFO

No, then I am the only one who didnt use ripple, ever.

I never used Ripple too and I'm happy I didn't.
Touque

Activity: 94

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:09:09 PM

He's not leaving Smiley

So far, most of the projects have been paid by whales like Klee, Pouncer, Msin, Neer.g, Bitcoincanada, cfb, and some other guys whose name I can't remember. They have been working behind the scene.
BrianNowhere

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 08:12:19 PM

I was responding to someone from earlier. And your reply only illustrates my point about the dismissiveness towards people who have legitimate concerns. I'm not the one who decided to make a multi-thousand page Jerry Seinfeld thread about nothing.

Last time I checked you don't speak for everyone who reads it and I am sure many people are unaware of what Ripple even is.

If you want people to stay on the topics of YOUR choosing then use a better format.

NXT: 4957831430947123625
Emule

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:15:33 PM

this will hurt a little sorry guys... soon it will be over hint bter

Roll Eyes It would be beneficial if you crashed the price to 0 on BTER, it would only shoot back up to where it is now, except more NXT would be distributed of course.

You had to quote this fool...  didn't ya?    Tongue

Hey PSYCHOPATH...  we all know it wasn't you on Bter...  STOP QUOTING THIS TROLL PEOPLE!!!!!    Kiss

Yeah, stop quoring him. He is nobody. No money. No nxt. He is all hot air.

you know what hot air is!

nxt is hot air, nexern client is hot air and all this is hot air!

Let sum up what we have finished here:

- Decentralized Alias System / DNS: yes but not Complete
- Basic DDoS Protection: Complete?
- Decentralized Asset Exchange / Colored Coins:NO
- Transparent Mining:NO
- Transparant Forging:NO
- Arbitrary Messaging: Complete but absolete
- Instant Transactions:NO
- Decentralized Marketplace / Auction:NO
- Distributed Storage:NO
- Multi-signatures:NO
- Blockchain Shrinking:NO
- Two-phase Payments:NO
- Voting System:NO
- Reputation System:NO
- Decentralized Mixing Service:NO
- Distributed Computing:NO
- Smart Contracts:NO
- Hardware Wallets:NO
- Advanced DDoS Protection Project Kharo:NO
- white paper: NO
- Client:NO
mcjavar

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:18:11 PM

He's not leaving Smiley

So far, most of the projects have been paid by whales like Klee, Pouncer, Msin, Neer.g, Bitcoincanada, cfb, and some other guys whose name I can't remember. They have been working behind the scene.

Thanks, I´m here since december, I know that. Just want to clarify what funds these are.
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:24:39 PM

Hi everyone!
Due to the somewhat delicate matter of this post, I just registered this account (I already posted this on the NXT Asset Exchange Thread but as Anon136 pointed out, it was not the right place, so I decided to repost it in this thread).

I was a long time customer of Silk Road (SR) and its follower (Sheep Market, Silk Road 2.0). SR made over 1.2 billion in revenues. There are several voices who claim that it was SR who made Bitcoin popular. In the last months there were several major drawbacks for these kind of markets: The Bitcoins of the vendors / customers got stolen either from hackers or the platform itself. Of course after such bad experience especially the vendors do not want to trust their funds to an anonymous platform since there are huge trust issues involved. Desperately they are looking for an alternative solution. The Asset Exchange could solve this problem for the vendors.

What they need is (beside the obvious):
1.     The setup of their products must be easy
        a.    Description
        b.    If possible pictures
2.     Message system
3.     Easy Payment

To address the demands of the customers. The following criteria must be met:
1.     Easy access
2.     Ratings of the vendor
3.     Message System
4.     Easy Payment

I would say that it's possible, but would be improved with some kind of escrow system via AT.  Having an in-client storefront would also be ideal for SR users to browse.  For now, if there are trusted members with feedback rating and secure messaging, Nxt would be a good platform.  We would need a fairly comprehensive guide to distribute on how to trade via Nxt and also some unwritten guidelines such as; a vendor has to have a minimum of 10k Nxt in account, to prevent some scammers.
Jerical13

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:29:48 PM

Regarding Asset Exchange:

1. Is there a way to give out dividends?
2. I am envisioning that there would be tons of people creating whatsoever assets, I believe a way to manage it is necessary.  Like categories? favorites?
3. I also think there should be a moderator who could flag assets that are fraudulent.

I agree with #2, would be great to sort assets by trading volume, price, etc..  We are decentralized, no one can moderate the exchange, however, we could have a reputation system and forum threads so people could do a little research before buying.

I agree with number two also. If the AE is even remotely successful, it would definitely be of interest to index the thing. I think it would kind of be advantageous to do something along the lines of what Craigslist does to index listings; breaking the body of listings down by location, and general categories, and then each individual listing provides more specific details. The AE is great for what it symbolizes, but for future usage, I think it will need to address the issue of organizing listed assets, among other possible ease of usage changes.
Pages: « 1 ... 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 2283 2284 [2285] 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: