I've just finished writing up the results of some extensive performance tests of poolserverj against pushpoold.
Write up can be found here
- test methodology
- test setup
- all the tools necessary to reproduce the tests in your own environment
For the TLDR crowd a quick summary:
- pushpoold beat poolserverj on one test that tested the raw rate it could deliver getworks in a low concurrency scenario (with no share submissions)
- In all the tests that use all functions of the server poolserverj outperformed by factors ranging from 200-400%
- on the test setup pushpoold's best performance for receiving shares equated to a 589 GHash/s pool
- on the test setup poolserverj's best performance for receiving shares equated to a 2154 GHash/s pool
- poolserverj has been reverted to alpha status due to some issue identified during these tests which are explained in the 0.2.2 changelog.txt
Feel free to rip holes in my testing methodology. As the author of poolserverj I can never credibly claim lack of bias which is why I've provided all the test/benchmark tools for other people to do their own tests.