Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:38:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin  (Read 412862 times)
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 03:23:43 PM

And what is the value of a DevCoin
current value of writing this from vircurex

1 Devcoin = 0.00000124 BTC
806,450 Devcoins = 1btc
1btc = $125
1Devcoin = 0.0155 cents

each block mined rewards 5,000 devcoin to the miners and 45,000 goes to the share rewards so each devcoin block worth about $7
How do writers earn money? I don't want to mine, and I already posted a few articles on devtome.
The process is explained in detail here: http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=earn_devcoins_by_writing
Read it carefully and the process will be revealed to you!
Otherwise feel free to PM me if you are still confused.
Hope this helps Smiley

Those pages may make sense to you, but none of this stuff makes sense to me.
I need it to say: "Get wallet here", "post wallet here", "Earnings come here".

But it's ok I got help from someone.
I will write up a simple step by step guide at some point today as a few have been asking this and Unthinkingbit gave me all the instructions I needed so the least i could do is share the information, am at work at the moment so not easy to do, but may get chance in lunchbreak!!

THANK YOU. That should help everyone.

Ok little later than expected, but made a step by step guideline for getting setup as a writer to earn devcoins.

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=how_to_get_setup_earning_devcoins_by_writing

any problems please let me know so I can update the guide.

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:32:39 PM

I suggest a bounty for the guide.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
FuzzyBear
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 03:48:38 PM

Smiley is that because you liked it and thought it useful?
or because you thought my guide was crap and throwing a bounty at it may encourage better guides to be written Tongue

sorry i just having one of those 50:50 not sure days!!

Unthinkingbit (OP)

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:10:51 PM

There are no bounties for writing, because writers are already getting word earnings and eventually advertising. However, this guide is now the first link at:
http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=earn_devcoins_by_writing

and because there are many links to the earn devcoins by writing page, it will be one the most popular pages, and the top link on that page will get many page views, which will translate into a lot of advertising income.

Overall bounties are only for work that does not get earnings in any other way.

Note, it's not fair to get advertising income way out of proportion to the work involved for a page which people are in practice paid to link to. Any page like that should not be on someone's invoice, and so I removed earn devcoins by writing from mine:
http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:unthinkingbit

jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:27:58 PM

There are no bounties for writing, because writers are already getting word earnings and eventually advertising. However, this guide is now the first link at:
http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=earn_devcoins_by_writing

and because there are many links to the earn devcoins by writing page, it will be one the most popular pages, and the top link on that page will get many page views, which will translate into a lot of advertising income.

Overall bounties are only for work that does not get earnings in any other way.

Note, it's not fair to get advertising income way out of proportion to the work involved for a page which people are in practice paid to link to. Any page like that should not be on someone's invoice, and so I removed earn devcoins by writing from mine:
http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:unthinkingbit

I meant more of an instructional review of the site. Were there any remaining bounties for it on devtome.com? If not, I will see what I have left laying around and send some donations to fuzzybear for the review Smiley

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Icoin

Activity: 585
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 08:01:17 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2013, 10:16:42 AM by Icoin

So...

WHat can you buy with Devcoins besides Bitcoins and regular currency?

We accept Devcoin at http://bitcoinprbuzz.com for our Press Release and promotion services for cryptocurrency ventures!

• You can buy cutting edge watercooling hardware for Lancelot and Avalon
  • Electrochemical activated water (google this one)
  • You can invest into DVB on cryptostocks and support further development by voting on bounties

From my perspective Devcoin are more than just a commodity that you can buy and sell things with, its based on democratic principles and is development oriented.

Devcoin represents development in every aspect.  Funds secured by the software itself are for everyone, who adds usefull effort to it.

weisoq

Activity: 720

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:37:00 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2013, 12:18:25 AM by weisoq

A basic question following from setting up the wallet (thanks for doing that btw) - how does the transaction fee work with devcoins?

Sent a small amount to wallet from vircurex to test it. That was fine.

Sent some back again to be sure works both ways. Received, but unlike other cryptos the fee wasn't a fixed amount added to the debit amount from outstanding balance.

Wallet message stated 0.5 fee (may have been minumum 0.5 I can't remember, rather than the default 0.1, due to something like 'recently received sums/complications') yet fee taken was more than that. Talking a tiny tiny fee amount difference (~0.1 dvc) but in this case left the remaining test balance at zero so impossible to be sure of how calculated; so would appreciate if someone could explain or point to info on any mins/max involved here. Thanks.
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:22:44 AM

Are there any objections to me creating new threads here in the alt currencies section of Bitcointalk to:

- Explain the DVC bounty for compiling a stable windows installer
- Explaining the DVC bounty for a new DVC exchange or for an existing exchange to integrate DVC?

I would like to play a role in making these things happen, and I believe that as it is all hidden away in this mega long thread these bounties are not getting the exposure they deserve in the forum here.

Please let me know as I would like to do this Smiley
pyra-proxy

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 03:37:23 AM

Are there any objections to me creating new threads here in the alt currencies section of Bitcointalk to:

- Explaining the DVC bounty for a new DVC exchange or for an existing exchange to integrate DVC?

I would like to play a role in making these things happen, and I believe that as it is all hidden away in this mega long thread these bounties are not getting the exposure they deserve in the forum here.

+1 for this ... +3 to create a concise list of all current and proposed bounties (some seem to be awaiting a time when devcoin is valuable enough to actually make a worth while bounty, in the meantime they are just hopes and dreams)

psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 03:51:41 AM

+1 for this ... +3 to create a concise list of all current and proposed bounties (some seem to be awaiting a time when devcoin is valuable enough to actually make a worth while bounty, in the meantime they are just hopes and dreams)

Well the DVC exchange bounty translates to between 9 and 14 BTC depending on the DVC/BTC exchange rate - no small amount these days Smiley I'd be more than happy to run a DVC bounty thread here on the alt coin sub forum.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 04:43:54 AM

We have one exchange based on Open Transactions, but since so few people actually use Open Transactions clients it doesn't exactly get a lot of use. Smiley

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 05:18:30 AM

After the 4/20 Rally (early May), I'm going to promote DevCoins like a MOTHERFUCKER. I'm gonna tell people "it costs less than a penny to support independent artists around the world." and link them to Vircurex and tell them to buy 1 or 2 DVC, since they only cost .0009 USD So 1 penny buys you 10 devcoins and gives money to an artist.

Then I'm going to try to make my own site as I said previously. If I can get a few million DVC (from my writing on devtome) I'll make a forum where you get paid DVC once a month or once every 2 months based on your post count. Then make a store where they can use the DVC to buy stuff, and also let outsiders buy stuff. And exchange for BTC and USD.

I REALLY think DVC can help EVERYONE and I really want to help it.

Yeah but how much is that for the article? If DVC is a fraction of a penny then the artist gets a fraction of a penny?

I support the idea in principle but in practice it doesn't seem to be working right now.  You would have to give an artist millions of Devcoin.
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 05:24:08 AM

After the 4/20 Rally (early May), I'm going to promote DevCoins like a MOTHERFUCKER. I'm gonna tell people "it costs less than a penny to support independent artists around the world." and link them to Vircurex and tell them to buy 1 or 2 DVC, since they only cost .0009 USD So 1 penny buys you 10 devcoins and gives money to an artist.

Then I'm going to try to make my own site as I said previously. If I can get a few million DVC (from my writing on devtome) I'll make a forum where you get paid DVC once a month or once every 2 months based on your post count. Then make a store where they can use the DVC to buy stuff, and also let outsiders buy stuff. And exchange for BTC and USD.

Yeah but how much is that for the article? If DVC is a fraction of a penny then the artist gets a fraction of a penny?

I support the idea in principle but in practice it doesn't seem to be working right now.  You would have to give an artist millions of Devcoin.

I think these are absolutely amazing ideas of FinShaggy Smiley
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 06:29:48 AM

Can musicians earn Devcoin?
FuzzyBear
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 10:18:12 AM

Well the DVC exchange bounty translates to between 9 and 14 BTC depending on the DVC/BTC exchange rate - no small amount these days Smiley I'd be more than happy to run a DVC bounty thread here on the alt coin sub forum.

I just wanted to say that I am actually getting somewhere with a devcoin exchange Smiley may even see something released soon Smiley

Icoin

Activity: 585
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 10:36:11 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2013, 02:35:51 PM by Icoin

Can musicians earn Devcoin?

Of course! But they need a DVC address for the donations Smiley

Simply publish that address with your art.

I just wanted to say that I am actually getting somewhere with a devcoin exchange Smiley may even see something released soon Smiley

There is allready work ongoing for an high performance open source exchange similar to lmax (http://www.lmax.com/) :

* [Original Post on Reddit](http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1c7v6z/buttercoin_open_source_highperformance_bitcoin/)
* [/r/buttercoin](http://www.reddit.com/r/buttercoin)
* [#buttercoin](irc://irc.freenode.org/buttercoin)
* [#buttercoin-dev](irc://irc.freenode.org/buttercoin-dev)
* [Hackpad](https://buttercoin.hackpad.com/)
* [Trello](https://trello.com/board/buttercoin/516af0ca86d48fe14f0022ab)

The project is growing each day and i would like to see Devcoin supporting it.

This exchange is able to make 20k+ operations per sec. (not like mtgox actualy 37 operations per sec) http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1cc72b/the_maximum_number_of_trades_mt_gox_can_handle/

FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 04:33:06 PM

Uhh, I know websites that pay FAKE money, that can only be used to buy VIP membership on the site, and it works. If I started handing out Devcoin (REAL MONEY) for posts, people would be all over that shit.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:25:10 PM

dont know if you guys know fontase? btc-e trollbox is speaking about him the whole time.
he is pumping DVC. just look at his twitter feed: https://twitter.com/fontase
so maybe DVC is getting a lot mor attention and price rise in the next hours/days
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 07:39:08 PM

dont know if you guys know fontase? btc-e trollbox is speaking about him the whole time.
he is pumping DVC. just look at his twitter feed: https://twitter.com/fontase
so maybe DVC is getting a lot mor attention and price rise in the next hours/days

That would be cool. I plan on starting a campaign along the same lines over the next month.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 01:07:20 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2013, 01:26:30 AM by FinShaggy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=182699.0

I can almost guarantee soon I can make Devcoins more popular in the every day world, therefore raising the value of any Devcoins anyone has saved up. I have plans and strategies to increase the public awareness and desire for Devcoin, including but not limited to:

YouTube advertising for Devcoin in general, and advertising things like Devtome
Facebook advertising for Devcoin in general
Campaign to aware people that they can support independent artists by buying a stock (Devcoin) worth less than one penny
Me and my friend are creating a forum where people will be paid for posts in Devcoin
We will also create a store, where things can be bought for Devcoin, giving Devcoin a real world value.
We hope to create a trading platform, so that BTC and USD can be traded for Devcoin in more than one palce
and much much more.

Donations also welcome:
1mZW6zRuz5wRrCijYgEnJWcncBiqRyFPN

(I have already received 3 in the amount of 1000, 10000 and 100000 DVC (THANK YOU TO WHOEVER IT WAS) and my goal is to reach 10,000,000 and that will include my Devtome earnings)

Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: