Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:55:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin  (Read 412869 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 12:44:28 AM

It has to have incoming port open so people who cannot program their routers to allow incoming ports can reach out to connect to it.

One gig of RAM should work for now I think, maybe. So far it is mostly I0coin and GeistGeld that like to eat up four gigs each.

Hmm maybe its not enough though, "ps ux" shows VSZ 1010568 and RSS 225228  for devcoind right now. I think that is virtual size and resident size. Oops misread that, its only one meg not one gig VSZ! Yeah should fit for now. IF that is measured in bytes. If it is measured in kilobytes then it IS over a gig for VSZ. Hmm need to check "ps" man page I guess... Hmm it is 1.3% of the 16 gis of RAM so yeah I guess it must be bytes. So hey, devcoind is tiny currently, should work even in a half gig virtual machine, though I have heard a full bitcoind no longer works in a quarter gig virtual machine.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
12gaFacelift

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 01:33:37 AM

well i dont need to wait until morning if everything work good. and now what i have to do?

Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. ~ *CANADA ONLY* Colloidal Silver Wire Rod - 12 Gauge Pure Silver .9999 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=775964.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.0
emfox

Activity: 276
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 02:57:47 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2013, 05:43:03 AM by emfox

Hello. I installed devcoind from source on a debian squeeze machine, so here is the step by step guide:

Download source from http://sourceforge.net/projects/galacticmilieu/files/DeVCoin/ and unpack it anywhere, e.g. /home/emfox/devcoind .

Of course you should have g++ and make to build it, and devcoin use curl and db, we need them, at last, boost and glib2.0 is needed (I don't like bother to find which boost lib, so installed all of them):
sudo apt-get install g++ make libcurl4-openssl-dev  libdb++-dev libboost-all-dev libglib2.0-dev
then compile it:
cd /home/emfox/devcoind/src
make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP= bitcoind

Now there's a file 'bitcoind' laying in /home/emfox/devcoind/src, but we do not like the name and won't let it stay in a source tree, so we just:
mv /home/emfox/devcoind/src/bitcoind /home/emfox/bin/devcoind

before running it, we should edit and add this line to ~/.devcoin/devcoin.conf:
rpcpassword=your_random_password_blabla

at last, run!
/home/emfox/bin/devcoind -daemon

devcoind should have started, and listening on port 52333.

That's all.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 03:01:19 AM

Hello. I installed devcoind from source on a debian squeeze machine, so here is the step by step guide:

Download source from http://sourceforge.net/projects/galacticmilieu/files/DeVCoin/ and unpack it anywhere, e.g. /home/emfox/devcoind .

Of course you should have g++ and make to build it, and devcoin use curl and db, we need them, at last, boost and glib2.0 is needed (I don't like bother to find which boost lib, so installed all of them, here is the command:

sudo apt-get install g++ make libcurl4-openssl-dev  libdb++-dev libboost-all-dev libglib2.0-dev

then compile it:

so now there's a file 'bitcoind' laying in /home/emfox/devcoind/src

we do not like the name and won't let it stay in a source tree, so we just:

before running it, we should edit ~/.devcoin/devcoin.conf, add a line:

at last, run!

That's all.

This confused the hell out of me.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
Balthozar

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 03:34:53 AM

Of course you should have g++ and make to build it, and devcoin use curl and db, we need them, at last, boost and glib2.0 is needed (I don't like bother to find which boost lib, so installed all of them, here is the command:

sudo apt-get install g++ make libcurl4-openssl-dev  libdb++-dev libboost-all-dev libglib2.0-dev

then compile it:

at last, run!

That's all.

Lol Fin. It's all linux.

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:balthozar | Earn Devcoins by Writing | Virtual Currency Exchange
DVC:1kFhM8vtEzbZ43Z5wcadPvNrb4xFXbgze | YAC:YHjjwLgjVfsnANTeb9eKeU3rtyKsFNvVCq | BQC:bUu1W2JEQzVrbFvv3EU4gW6KY2J939JDe1 | WDC:WTqa866TFP6d9HWGpYm2AztDNNMFmQ365s | FRC:1N2x7s8F78WiSFCFQPszLqhWsP6Kk1RXVp | NVC:4KcR3Dcmxz1ZDLK3VA9oHxpG4C3oYMCPeV | FTC:6ugwSRQNXQKNb5EVwQVn4CLoZNpiitiQzt | PPC:PSnEL3tmJejkdAAwiBLxSqbCide1voSKXY
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 04:00:29 AM

then compile it:

at last, run!

That's all.

Lol Fin. It's all linux.

Lol, I don't know anything about Linux except for that's where they usually make the viruses and that usually Linux cant get viruses.

emfox

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 04:56:44 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2013, 11:40:58 AM by emfox

Now, I have set up a seed node for devcoin. It's running on a linode server.

The host is dvc.rpwt.org:52333 or devcoin.rpwt.org:52333, both domain name works.

Edit: I reg a new domain for the purpose, please use d.veco.in:52333 instead.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 05:06:39 AM

Block: 86887/89000
It's getting close Smiley

Unthinkingbit (OP)

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:08:56 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2013, 05:27:50 AM by Unthinkingbit

Now, I have set up a seed node for devcoin. It's running on a linode server.

The host is dvc.rpwt.org:52333 or devcoin.rpwt.org:52333, both domain name works.

Thanks, you get 1/5 as long as it keeps going:
https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/bounty_23.csv

Balthozar

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:31:07 AM

Block: 86887/89000
It's getting close Smiley

Yessir!  Cheesy

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:balthozar | Earn Devcoins by Writing | Virtual Currency Exchange
DVC:1kFhM8vtEzbZ43Z5wcadPvNrb4xFXbgze | YAC:YHjjwLgjVfsnANTeb9eKeU3rtyKsFNvVCq | BQC:bUu1W2JEQzVrbFvv3EU4gW6KY2J939JDe1 | WDC:WTqa866TFP6d9HWGpYm2AztDNNMFmQ365s | FRC:1N2x7s8F78WiSFCFQPszLqhWsP6Kk1RXVp | NVC:4KcR3Dcmxz1ZDLK3VA9oHxpG4C3oYMCPeV | FTC:6ugwSRQNXQKNb5EVwQVn4CLoZNpiitiQzt | PPC:PSnEL3tmJejkdAAwiBLxSqbCide1voSKXY
emfox

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:44:27 AM

Of course you should have g++ and make to build it, and devcoin use curl and db, we need them, at last, boost and glib2.0 is needed (I don't like bother to find which boost lib, so installed all of them):
sudo apt-get install g++ make libcurl4-openssl-dev  libdb++-dev libboost-all-dev libglib2.0-dev
then compile it:

Now there's a file 'bitcoind' laying in /home/emfox/devcoind/src, but we do not like the name and won't let it stay in a source tree, so we just:

before running it, we should edit and add this line to ~/.devcoin/devcoin.conf:

at last, run!

That's all.

Edited, adjust word and add quotes.

I'll maintain it if anything changes.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 06:14:56 AM

You didn't mention the receiver files. Maybe you simply happened to be in the same directory those files were in when you ran the devcoind? As one place they can be to work is wherever you are when you run the program. They then copy them over from there to their actual destination in a subdirectory of the data directrory. The other option is to specifically put them in that subdirectory yourself, which would usually mean you'd create the diata directrory create its subdirectory and put the receiver files there.

Obviously simplest, it is weren't for the difficulty of conveying to Windows users the concept of "current working directory" and how to put yourself in a particular directrory before running something, would be to make sure you are sitting where those files are when you first run the program.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
emfox

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:26:43 AM

You didn't mention the receiver files. Maybe you simply happened to be in the same directory those files were in when you ran the devcoind? As one place they can be to work is wherever you are when you run the program. They then copy them over from there to their actual destination in a subdirectory of the data directrory. The other option is to specifically put them in that subdirectory yourself, which would usually mean you'd create the diata directrory create its subdirectory and put the receiver files there.

Obviously simplest, it is weren't for the difficulty of conveying to Windows users the concept of "current working directory" and how to put yourself in a particular directrory before running something, would be to make sure you are sitting where those files are when you first run the program.

-MarkM-

When I start to run devcoind, it reports that download from raw.github.com error, so I just copy receiver_0.csv (only this file) to ~/.devcoind/, remove the blk_* and __db* files from ~/.devcoind, restart devcoind and everything works. So I think it's just a temporily  network problem of my own. you see, devcoind download all the other receiver_*.csv files, isn't it?

So I didn't even mention that ...

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Balthozar

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:08:33 AM

Anyone pay attention to the small climb that DVC made against the USD today?  Grin

Also, what happened on May 21 of last year that caused DVC to be worth $10 for the day?

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:39:42 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2013, 08:15:07 AM by jackjack

Proposition
  • Hardcode current receiver files
  • Hardcode an Unthinkingbit's signing address
  • Create a new message type 'getrecfile', which only contains the height of the receiver file
  • Create a new message type 'recfile'

• Height of receiver file -> var_int
    • Pubkey that signs the receiver file -> var_str (because of compressed/uncompressed keys)
    • Signature of the recever file by pubkey (signed message is Height+Receiver_file) -> var_str
    • Receiver file -> var_str

How it works
Everybody:
  • The client needs receiver_N.csv
  • It sends a 'getrecfile' message with height=N to its peers
  • If one of them has it, it sends back a 'recfile' message with the data
  • The client checks that the signing pubkey is ok
  • The client checks the signature is ok
  • The client can process the received receiver file

Unthinkingbit signs a new receiver file:
  • Put height in a var_int
  • Put receiver file in a var_str
  • Concatenate those two -> msg
  • Sign msg with hardcoded pubkey
  • Stores the 'recfile' message
  • Broadcast it to peers or wait until someone asks for it (I have a preference for the latter, it avoids spamming the network)

In case of Unthinkingbit leaves/disappears/is kidnapped
  • Devcoin community choses a new signing guy, whose pubkey is Pubkey2
  • Fork the client and puts: Pubkey1 if Height<50, else Pubkey2

And if the new signing guy dies:
  • Fork the client and puts: Pubkey1 if Height<50, else if Height<123 then Pubkey2, else Pubkey3

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 08:27:02 AM

Too centralised. Hardforking on signing key would be a bitch.

Better to just get a bunch more places where the files are available.

-MarkM-

FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 08:33:07 AM

Too centralised. Hardforking on signing key would be a bitch.

Better to just get a bunch more places where the files are available.

-MarkM-

I can post the files so people can download them from a server

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 08:33:29 AM

Devcoin itself is totally centralised

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 08:40:50 AM

then compile it:

at last, run!

That's all.

Lol Fin. It's all linux.

Lol, I don't know anything about Linux except for that's where they usually make the viruses and that usually Linux cant get viruses.

No don't believe the lies!! lunix may look confusing at first, but it truely is superior to windows in soooo many ways.... and for the record it is the anti-virus software manufacturers who mostly write the viruses so u have to buy their product... or have i just donned my tin-foil hat??

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 08:57:22 AM

No don't believe the lies!! lunix may look confusing at first, but it truely is superior to windows in soooo many ways.... and for the record it is the anti-virus software manufacturers who mostly write the viruses so u have to buy their product... or have i just donned my tin-foil hat??
Also, compiling windows apps/virus/etc is much much much much easier on windows, so there's no chance viruses are coded on Linux

Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: