Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 12:47:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DIY FPGA Mining rig for any algorithm with fast ROI  (Read 99426 times)
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:24:55 AM

At today's prices
- one 8 x 1080 Ti rig mining Ravencoin makes $21.87 per day, and burns 1520W
- Selling those 8 x 1080 Ti cards and replacing them with one VU9P FGPA card can make $50+ per day, burns 150W

thats not what it should be making
oomurashin

Activity: 195
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:58:31 AM

At today's prices
- one 8 x 1080 Ti rig mining Ravencoin makes $21.87 per day, and burns 1520W
- Selling those 8 x 1080 Ti cards and replacing them with one VU9P FGPA card can make $50+ per day, burns 150W

thats not what it should be making
it may be without ele fee  Grin Grin Grin
LTCMAXMYR

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

DMD,XZC

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:26:53 AM

keccak 17G per card,if it runs 600M,must fit 28 cores in XCVU9P, how is it possible?

Never buy any ICO altcoin.
Never buy any ASIC altcoin.
pikachuy

Activity: 544
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:23:25 AM

@whitefire990 Would be nice if you can add your wattage usage from the wall next to your stats for comparison. Keep up the good work.
Coindgr

Activity: 1034

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:33:39 AM

This is going to be a game changer, nice work! Keep giving us more details

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
netmonk

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 08:43:33 AM

whom to contact for any groupby ?
Dlikrot

Activity: 230
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:48:24 AM

My god. I want to take part in this....
But there has to be cheaper alternatives? :/

BTC and KFC
flatounet

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:48:41 AM

want to see how to start with this card ....
all look configurable , im not sure every one can do it without help / how to ....

how to for beginer step by step is welcome
Coindgr

Activity: 1034

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:53:51 AM

Are you planning monero v7 also?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
djkice

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:11:10 AM

very interested!
Lunga Chung

Activity: 277
Merit: 23

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:15:03 AM

would like to get involved
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:58:00 AM

Highly interesting.
Mike011

Activity: 312
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:06:06 AM

Whoa! That performance is impressive! Extremely expensive, unfortunately...
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:24:23 AM

With cryptonight / etash / equihash / X16-17 support, that would be a killer.

pikachuy

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:28:03 AM

It's not for everyone, the price is expensive but I think this is the next step in mining

If we buy a Xilinx VCU1525 we have to buy anything more? Or it`s like a gpu you connect on PCI-E, install drivers and use your program you will launch?

Thanks

Yes, very simple, you just need to make sure you have enough USB ports on the motherboard, otherwise you can use a PCIe-USB adapter card.  Depends on how many FPGA cards you want to run.

@whitefire990

Question, for your software / hardware experience, is there a limit on the amount of devices? I know for windows, there's like a GPU limit, but since it's interacting through USB... wonder if it's possible to just dedicated 1 rig for the O/S and stack on all the FPGA through multiple PCIe-USB adapter card to consolidate... for example, instead of (2) 8 FPGA rig into a (1) 16 FPGA rig, or even (1) 20 FPGA rig. Wonder what's the limit, if the CPU will be bottleneck first or if the PCIE lanes all used up.

Another thing, do you have a team behind you (does project go on if something bad happens to yourself)? It sounds like you are solely doing everything on your own. Reason I'm asking is because as you mentioned, the initial investment is huge. Worst case scenario, lets say something happened to you and you are no longer able to continue, does the project stop? People would be stuck with very expensive hardware...
jekecoin

Activity: 427

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 11:45:58 AM

It's not for everyone, the price is expensive but I think this is the next step in mining

If we buy a Xilinx VCU1525 we have to buy anything more? Or it`s like a gpu you connect on PCI-E, install drivers and use your program you will launch?

Thanks

Yes, very simple, you just need to make sure you have enough USB ports on the motherboard, otherwise you can use a PCIe-USB adapter card.  Depends on how many FPGA cards you want to run.

@whitefire990

Question, for your software / hardware experience, is there a limit on the amount of devices? I know for windows, there's like a GPU limit, but since it's interacting through USB... wonder if it's possible to just dedicated 1 rig for the O/S and stack on all the FPGA through multiple PCIe-USB adapter card to consolidate... for example, instead of (2) 8 FPGA rig into a (1) 16 FPGA rig, or even (1) 20 FPGA rig. Wonder what's the limit, if the CPU will be bottleneck first or if the PCIE lanes all used up.

Another thing, do you have a team behind you (does project go on if something bad happens to yourself)? It sounds like you are solely doing everything on your own. Reason I'm asking is because as you mentioned, the initial investment is huge. Worst case scenario, lets say something happened to you and you are no longer able to continue, does the project stop? People would be stuck with very expensive hardware...

If I not remember bad you can use arront 40-50 USB devices per USB port on the computer.

The return of the FPGA wow, long time w/o seeing this for mining purposes.

Hard obsoleto                    VPS: Digitalocean                     Cloudmining: Cex.io · EOBOT                    Gambling: Primedice
DigitalCruncher

Activity: 59
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:49:57 AM

Many people can do such firmware, including me. It's not a problem. This product has amazing characteristics, and it needs to be realized. Also if you have such boards, you can try to run Equihash or Monero in parallel with  SHA3 algorithms.
hacko86

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:59:37 AM

@DigitalCruncher

Could you pm me please or telegram (@Hacko86) i am interested

Thanks
pikachuy

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:51:20 PM

Many people can do such firmware, including me. It's not a problem. This product has amazing characteristics, and it needs to be realized. Also if you have such boards, you can try to run Equihash or Monero in parallel with  SHA3 algorithms.

I know that there are a lot of people that know stuff that others don't, and can do stuff that others can't. But @whitefire990 is opening the door, while others are secretly personally hiding behind the door for personal gains, or else, there wouldn't be this topic. The main point was that, will the door still be open to the public if anything happens to @whitefire990... or would future advancements only be done behind the door for their personal gains.

The more this adapt to the public and the door remaining open to the public, the better. ASIC companies like Bitmain have monopolize this industry far too long.

If @whitefire990 successfully bring back FPGA mining to the public with his own software, then he can be like the next Claymore (bet he/she has their own island somewhere from all the residuals from GPU mining software).
DigitalCruncher

Activity: 59
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 01:07:06 PM

I know that there are a lot of people that know stuff that others don't, and can do stuff that others can't. But @whitefire990 is opening the door, while others are secretly personally hiding behind the door for personal gains, or else, there wouldn't be this topic. The main point was that, will the door still be open to the public if anything happens to @whitefire990... or would future advancements only be done behind the door for their personal gains.

The more this adapt to the public and the door remaining open to the public, the better. ASIC companies like Bitmain have monopolize this industry far too long.

If @whitefire990 successfully bring back FPGA mining to the public with his own software, then he can be like the next Claymore (bet he/she has their own island somewhere from all the residuals from GPU mining software).

I do not understand the phenomenon of Claymore. How is he better than the rest? In addition to his product, there are many programs.
I think there are situations when the only solution's provider can stop supporting it or increase the price. But competition will fix this situation.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: