Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:46:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DIY FPGA Mining rig for any algorithm with fast ROI  (Read 99392 times)
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 08:01:30 AM

same to me: card without any special cooling, not shipped yet.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gigabyted

Activity: 906
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 05:11:44 PM

https://store.mineority.io/

Mineority couldn't make it. Sorry for anyone that signed with them.

Squirrels, FPGA.land, Zetheron will be next. They are all connected.

Anyone that hasn't got their refund for the 1525's, better hurry. They all are probably bleeding out.

Too bad the little guys can't compete with Bitmain, etc. Check out the F1 FPGA miners. Clearly looks like Bitmain.

12 algos to choose from....not waiting on 1 dude to come out with a stream at double the price for a unit.
From the discord most of the BCUs got shipped, so I don't understand that sensence about refunds...

Hmmm. I'm not reading discord.  But they haven't shipped my order from June 7th yet.  Originally supposed to ship in September.  Guess I'm not part of the "most" group.

Just got my 2 BCU's.  Also ordered early in June, but opted for the waterblock version, not realizing what a delay that might cause.  So thank you Senseless, this wasn't a scam, didn't think it ever was.  I am going to say that FPGALand/Mineority/AllMine/Squirrels back and forth got very confusing.  Customers want to deal with one face, one company.

When it got shipped, did you get an email or say "Shipped" on the SQRL dashboard? Just curious...
roc-noc

Activity: 95
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 04:26:25 AM

Mine shipped today from SQRL!  I received an email with subject line: "Your order has been shipped!"

Their web site also shows shipped.  Fedex tracking shows Wednesday delivery.
RiceMiner69

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 06:45:55 AM

and looks to have an ROI of about 290-330 days in the current market.
All these profit/ROI estimations are useless. We are clearly remember advertised earnings/roi level of vcu/bcu1525 back in May-Jun, a lot of gullible people fell for those beautiful numbers and spend tons of money.
Nowadays fpga mining hardware market is flooded. vcu/bcu1525 owners barely seeing $5-6/day income, this is 2+ year roi atm. And bcu1525 profit for sure will be more and more cannibalized by cvp13, and all other upcoming fpga boards. And we are not even taking into account probability of algo forking on big altcoins
It reminds me how ASIC manufacturers advertising their new devices.
Showing current profit level, not taking into account growth of network hash rate and difficulty, which are skyrocket after the manufacturer ships thousands of brand new devices to customers. After a few months these devices barely cover electricity cost and become doorstoppers.
I want to repeat: nowadays mainly only miming hardware manufacturers and hardware resellers earn money in crypto mining  sphere.
This is a game where  miners will always lose, doesn't matter what kind of hardware: ASICs, FPGA or any other specialized hw
In near time we'll see more and more coins forks with asic, fpga resistant algos.

SQRL did exactly this with their Acorn "Accelerator" cards.......  People have been waiting for months on their miner after being advertised figures on increased hashrate and decreased power consumption.
tsik

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 04:12:24 PM

Why are people buying these cards? Aren't the only ones who make money the ones who develop their own bitstreams? Feels like eating very expensive leftovers.
roc-noc

Activity: 95
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 06:40:59 PM

Why are people buying these cards? Aren't the only ones who make money the ones who develop their own bitstreams? Feels like eating very expensive leftovers.

We bought them 5 or 6 months ago when the return showed more promise. The problem is that they are just getting delivered now in a way down market.
FFI2013

Merit: 507

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 07:11:34 PM

And here's the crazy part they are just getting delivered and now the coin devs are doing what they can to make sure fpga's and asic's dont mine on their chains so the fpga's are going to be fighting with asic for profits
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 12:12:12 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

And here's the crazy part they are just getting delivered and now the coin devs are doing what they can to make sure fpga's and asic's dont mine on their chains so the fpga's are going to be fighting with asic for profits

It's fair to say there will be more profitability challenges for FPGAs as coin developers stand up for their values.  However, I wouldn't say FPGAs will fight with ASICs for profits.  The two are simply in different spheres of influence. 

I think what will happen is that the FPGA developments will drive a further evolution of various coin projects.  There will be coin projects that adapt and overcome according to anti-FPGA/ASIC ideology and there will be coins that fail to adapt despite having the same ideology.  This will mean people will see which coin projects hold true to their word which could also affect future coin performance.  Or... the coin may perform well despite caving in to FPGA mining interests. 

Meanwhile, there could be even newer coin projects who continue to use algorithms that are known to be mined by FPGAs.  FPGAs represent a legitimate hashing capability which also equates to security and development of various coin networks.  We see this all the time with coins releasing on one ASIC/FGPA minable coin or another.

It's all good in my opinion.  CPU, GPU, FPGA, ASIC... doesn't matter.  Some people will be satisfied with one or the other.  Some satisfied with all.  Some will laugh at other people for their choices.  But if a blockchain is successful... I mean... Who cares what mining tech was used?  I don't.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
m5

Activity: 82

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 03:13:39 PM

Which coins specifically are against FPGAs? For example even XMR is not entirely against FPGA. MBC for example is working on a fork against ASIC right now but is welcoming FPGAs.
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2018, 07:24:15 PM

You sure about XMR welcoming FPGAs?

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
areyouathief

Activity: 94
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 08:16:36 PM

Why do you think CVP-13 would cannibalize VCU/BCU earnings? The price/performance ratio is almost the same (+/- 30%).
Because there are not that many algorithms coins that can be mined only on cvp13 and can sustain a thousand of these devices.
board based on dual arria 10  (comparable with bcu1525 by logic resources and  performance at a half price) is coming to market very soon. so bcu1525 owners are already loose 2x in terms of hash cost

Currently the most profitable algorithm on BCU makes $11 per day:
this is a tricky example because only a few hundreds fpga bords mining these algorithms atm. almost all BCU1525 units are on lyra2z bitstream with 3 bucks/day income

https://www.nicehash.com/algorithm/lyra2z

0.007 BTC/GH/day

0.06 * 0.007 = 0.00042 btc = $1.5
$1 after power
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 09:08:47 PM

With the completion of the allmine cryptoshell for the Bittware CVP-13 we will be getting back into bitstream development. We have 3 designs that will be released shortly from community developers, but their profitability is nothing amazing. We will start putting together our Phi2 design which will hopefully be released in the next 1-2 weeks. There is more to come, but I don't want to say what at this time.

Most of the developers don't have a lot of base code to work from. We've offered to open up our code base to them if they'd release through the shell as well as provide BCU-1525 units for completion of designs. Unfortunately, that still hasn't attracted a lot of developer attention. Many of those claiming to be fpga developers on discord have disappeared  Roll Eyes.

Here's a question for you..

There are about 5000 BCU-1525 in the wild, 1000 CVP-13s coming, 500-1000 VCU-1525, BTU9Ps, various clones, etc out there.

How many units would a developer need to own themselves for it to provide the same revenue as a 5% fee from the units that are already out there (which would additionally require no up front capital investment from the developer)? Answer: about 400... Which would cost them > $1.5M.

So, they can make a $1.5M investment and have the same revenue as not making ANY investment but just releasing their code. What would you do? I'm quite sure only an insane person would spend $1.5M to make the same amount of money as not spending $1.5M.

tsik

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 11:04:02 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2018, 11:17:30 PM by tsik

With the completion of the allmine cryptoshell for the Bittware CVP-13 we will be getting back into bitstream development. We have 3 designs that will be released shortly from community developers, but their profitability is nothing amazing. We will start putting together our Phi2 design which will hopefully be released in the next 1-2 weeks. There is more to come, but I don't want to say what at this time.

Most of the developers don't have a lot of base code to work from. We've offered to open up our code base to them if they'd release through the shell as well as provide BCU-1525 units for completion of designs. Unfortunately, that still hasn't attracted a lot of developer attention. Many of those claiming to be fpga developers on discord have disappeared  Roll Eyes.

There are about 5000 BCU-1525 in the wild, 1000 CVP-13s coming, 500-1000 VCU-1525, BTU9Ps, various clones, etc out there.

How many units would a developer need to own themselves for it to provide the same revenue as a 5% fee from the units that are already out there (which would additionally require no up front capital investment from the developer)? Answer: about 400... Which would cost them > $1.5M.

So, they can make a $1.5M investment and have the same revenue as not making ANY investment but just releasing their code. What would you do? I'm quite sure only an insane person would spend $1.5M to make the same amount of money as not spending $1.5M.

What about private bitstreams? Wouldn't it be more profitable to just release the code?
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 11:18:36 PM

What about private bitstreams? Wouldn't it be more profitable to just release the code?

It depends on how much was over-paid for the private bitstreams, but in most cases, yes, it would be more profitable to just release the code. The person buying the bitstream doesn't know if someone else will invent the same and take their earnings before they've recovered. The developer has to trust the person who bought it won't try to resell it and cut the developer out. The person who buys it isn't sure if the developer will sell it to others.

Seems like a risky proposition all around versus releasing it and being sure they'll get some fee % of the mining.

A lot of what people have been talking about regarding this has been fud. Some is truth or at least based on truth. Obviously larger customers have been trying to acquire 'private bitstreams'; wouldn't you if you were them? But, I'm not sure they fully appreciate the situation of how much they'd have to pay to get that 'privately'. Some are buying 'private' bitstreams that are sold to many of these customers, all of them thinking they're the only one  Roll Eyes.

tsik

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 11:26:13 PM

Thanks for a lengthy explanation.
ZafotheNinja

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 12:29:52 AM

Count me in, granted I have little experience in vhdl and verilog looks like a foreign language to me. Still, with a codebase to start on and a card to test designs, definitely seems worthwhile.

Also, sent you a PM a few days ago, don't know if you saw it. Your inbox is probably flooded lol
Invento

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 01:08:40 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2018, 03:23:43 AM by Invento

Hey guys,

I have a few articles we have been working on, we have a getting started guide with resources of where you can grab the bitstreams per card, and a few reviews for the VCU/BCU, TUL's BTU9P and CVP-13. Here is the first one of 3 being published in the next few days.

This is a review on the CVP-13, hardware specs, bitstreams, hashrate, cost and ROI. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions. I am not affiliated with Bittware, just providing helpful content as we have gotten a ton of questions recently and wanted to give it out to others who may have similar questions.

https://www.freelearner.how/2018/12/13/bittware-cvp-13-fpga-miner-review/

https://www.freelearner.how/2018/12/17/tul-btu9p-fpga-miner-review/

Hop on and tell me what you think!
gigabyted

Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 01:00:40 AM

It depends on how much was over-paid for the private bitstreams, but in most cases, yes, it would be more profitable to just release the code. The person buying the bitstream doesn't know if someone else will invent the same and take their earnings before they've recovered. The developer has to trust the person who bought it won't try to resell it and cut the developer out. The person who buys it isn't sure if the developer will sell it to others.

Seems like a risky proposition all around versus releasing it and being sure they'll get some fee % of the mining.

A lot of what people have been talking about regarding this has been fud. Some is truth or at least based on truth. Obviously larger customers have been trying to acquire 'private bitstreams'; wouldn't you if you were them? But, I'm not sure they fully appreciate the situation of how much they'd have to pay to get that 'privately'. Some are buying 'private' bitstreams that are sold to many of these customers, all of them thinking they're the only one  Roll Eyes.

Without disclosing any details, what could be the largest BCU farm around? 500 BCU's ? less?   500 BCUs would be a huge risk for them to take back then, in the middle of a bear market.

If theres a 500 BCU farm out there, then maybe they would be tempted to buy a private bitstream, but i believe anything smaller than this is probably not worth it...

What do you think?
ZafotheNinja

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 03:18:29 PM

Hey guys,

I have a few articles we have been working on, we have a getting started guide with resources of where you can grab the bitstreams per card, and a few reviews for the VCU/BCU, TUL's BTU9P and CVP-13. Here is the first one of 3 being published in the next few days.

This is a review on the CVP-13, hardware specs, bitstreams, hashrate, cost and ROI. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions. I am not affiliated with Bittware, just providing helpful content as we have gotten a ton of questions recently and wanted to give it out to others who may have similar questions.

https://www.freelearner.how/2018/12/13/bittware-cvp-13-fpga-miner-review/

https://www.freelearner.how/2018/12/17/tul-btu9p-fpga-miner-review/

Hop on and tell me what you think!

Checked out the first link, lot of good information here but the intro started out rough with poor flow, grammar and spelling issues. Later in the article it got better, but still seemed like it was a bit disorganized, not knowing whether is was going to be a factual report or hype for the card. It also seemed a bit long to me, not sure if that is raw length or a problem keeping the attention of the reader.

Sorry for the hyper critical review, but you asked for my opinion lol.
xs.over

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 12:27:08 AM
Last edit: December 25, 2018, 04:21:16 PM by xs.over

and looks to have an ROI of about 290-330 days in the current market.
All these profit/ROI estimations are useless. We are clearly remember advertised earnings/roi level of vcu/bcu1525 back in May-Jun, a lot of gullible people fell for those beautiful numbers and spend tons of money.
Nowadays fpga mining hardware market is flooded. vcu/bcu1525 owners barely seeing $5-6/day income, this is 2+ year roi atm. And bcu1525 profit for sure will be more and more cannibalized by cvp13, and all other upcoming fpga boards. And we are not even taking into account probability of algo forking on big altcoins
It reminds me how ASIC manufacturers advertising their new devices.
Showing current profit level, not taking into account growth of network hash rate and difficulty, which are skyrocket after the manufacturer ships thousands of brand new devices to customers. After a few months these devices barely cover electricity cost and become doorstoppers.
I want to repeat: nowadays mainly only miming hardware manufacturers and hardware resellers earn money in crypto mining  sphere.
This is a game where  miners will always lose, doesn't matter what kind of hardware: ASICs, FPGA or any other specialized hw
In near time we'll see more and more coins forks with asic, fpga resistant algos.

SQRL did exactly this with their Acorn "Accelerator" cards.......  People have been waiting for months on their miner after being advertised figures on increased hashrate and decreased power consumption.
Funny thing is that they've already started advertising in discord the upcoming Acorn Pro version, while the current hardware doesn't even have working miner software. This selling strategy even worse than $hitmain's

FPGA Definition = a device that take $3200-3600 and turns it into a couple bucks a day after a six month incubation period.
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: