Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:08:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99]
  Print  
Author Topic: DIY FPGA Mining rig for any algorithm with fast ROI  (Read 99390 times)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4861

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 03:10:44 PM

2 hours left, currently @ 1800.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202689373604?ul_noapp=true

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
whitefire990 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 166
Merit: 84

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 11:06:50 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), nsummy (1)

I rarely check this thread even though I was the one that started it.

To update the general readers:

1. All people who bought VCU1525 cards right when this thread was announced, have already ROI'd their cards (mostly from mining 0xBitcoin at $15/day for 6 months before BCU's shipped, and then Microbitcoin at $20/day for a shorter period); unfortunately by the time BCU1525's shipped, other FPGA farms were online and profits were less, so no, BCU1525 have not come close to ROI, even though early VCU1525 already paid themselves back

2. I am still working hard on X16R/RT/S for BCU1525 and CVP-13, being released in the next few months

At $2 - $2.5K per BCU, personally I would buy every single one if I had money, I already bought some second hand ones (as many as I could afford).

This is not in any way a suggestion that you should get into FPGA mining.  However if you already have hardware, some pretty good bitstreams are around the corner.  Having said that, I would wait until the new bitstreams are actually available if I were you; it is always better to buy hardware that can already do what you want, rather than 'might' do what you want.  In my case it is different, I can buy 2nd hard hardware safely even before the bitstreams are available because I'm developing the bitstreams and I know they will work, but outsiders don't have that certainty and should play it safe.

senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 03:58:04 PM

Adding to what whitefire mentioned there are a number of forks coming that should be very good to the FPGA miners. We're playing catch up on development trying to get things going and it's just taking a lot longer than initially expected. I still see a path where all BCUs will be > $5/day and CVPs > $7/day. It may take another 3-6 months to get there though.

d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 06:16:37 PM

Started at the beginning of this thread and reread first few pages.  General trend in mining. Lot of excitement at first then by page 99 reality has set in.  Ugh over and over goes the scam.  Please look up definition of insanity might be enlightening for some of you.  Also taking a look at who merited this thread it’s the same group that jumps on all these threads and fanboys it up.  Patterns hmmmm they do mean something!  Anyway 4k$ cards aren’t the future of crypto unless centralization is inventible.  Those that have the means will push the rest out. Has that not indeed happened.  Well not for the group that merits all these hw threads.  They are the ones getting one over on you folks.  One can only hope more will See this for what it is before they lose their shirts!!!

BR

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3505

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:15:22 PM

Started at the beginning of this thread and reread first few pages.  General trend in mining. Lot of excitement at first then by page 99 reality has set in.  Ugh over and over goes the scam.  Please look up definition of insanity might be enlightening for some of you.  Also taking a look at who merited this thread it’s the same group that jumps on all these threads and fanboys it up.  Patterns hmmmm they do mean something!  Anyway 4k$ cards aren’t the future of crypto unless centralization is inventible.  Those that have the means will push the rest out. Has that not indeed happened.  Well not for the group that merits all these hw threads.  They are the ones getting one over on you folks.  One can only hope more will See this for what it is before they lose their shirts!!!

BR

yup. just like other mining hardware. take a chance. might roi, might not.

i read up, checked stuff out, took a chance and rolled the dice for an air cooled BCU1525.

my bcu makes maybe a couple buck a day now, some others have hit days of a few more bucks by chasing the various alts, but im the set and forget, autoexchange pool type of miner.

oh well. fun toy to lose money with anyway.

one thing in its (bcu1525) favor: very adjustable power settings and built to what looks to be many years of trouble free service. who knows it may roi yet, but i dont expect that (if ever) for a long time. im patient.

but as whitefire mentions, at this point dont buy any fpga until the bitstreams you want are out in the wild.
cryptolumos

Activity: 69
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:49:14 PM

Started at the beginning of this thread and reread first few pages.  General trend in mining. Lot of excitement at first then by page 99 reality has set in.  Ugh over and over goes the scam.  Please look up definition of insanity might be enlightening for some of you.  Also taking a look at who merited this thread it’s the same group that jumps on all these threads and fanboys it up.  Patterns hmmmm they do mean something!  Anyway 4k$ cards aren’t the future of crypto unless centralization is inventible.  Those that have the means will push the rest out. Has that not indeed happened.  Well not for the group that merits all these hw threads.  They are the ones getting one over on you folks.  One can only hope more will See this for what it is before they lose their shirts!!!

BR

4k fpgas are a thing of the past, Fks are competing with gpu prices now. F1 minis are 179$, the centralization argument is getting old.
ZafotheNinja

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 01:13:40 PM

-snip-

...but as whitefire mentions, at this point dont buy any fpga until the bitstreams you want are out in the wild.

The way I see it, Bcu1525's are really cheap right now (over %50 off retail). As soon as good bitstreams hit the market all of the Bcu1525's and cvp's will be bought up and the price will rise again. If your the patient type, like I am, then you can actually save quite a bit of money getting your hardware now, rather than later.

I, like whitefire, can program the fpga's, making the hardware I have much more useful, even when it cant currently be mining with decent figures. Like bitcoin investing, it's a speculation and waiting game.
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 10:24:16 AM

The way I see it, Bcu1525's are really cheap right now (over %50 off retail). As soon as good bitstreams hit the market all of the Bcu1525's and cvp's will be bought up and the price will rise again.
I disagree, based on relative factors.
Today, you can buy a 2080 Ti that will return you just as much as a BCU for a fraction of the price... won't even cost more to run, and will be infinitely more flexible. I'm not saying you should, just pointing out the facts.

To be/stay relevant, a BCU will have to make 2-3 times more than it's doing currently - at today's profitability levels - or else I see zero reason to invest in more.
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 12:39:58 PM

Started at the beginning of this thread and reread first few pages.  General trend in mining. Lot of excitement at first then by page 99 reality has set in.  Ugh over and over goes the scam.  Please look up definition of insanity might be enlightening for some of you.  Also taking a look at who merited this thread it’s the same group that jumps on all these threads and fanboys it up.  Patterns hmmmm they do mean something!  Anyway 4k$ cards aren’t the future of crypto unless centralization is inventible.  Those that have the means will push the rest out. Has that not indeed happened.  Well not for the group that merits all these hw threads.  They are the ones getting one over on you folks.  One can only hope more will See this for what it is before they lose their shirts!!!

BR

4k fpgas are a thing of the past, Fks are competing with gpu prices now. F1 minis are 179$, the centralization argument is getting old.

Please read what I posted.  Fks won’t save this from centralizing.   Hell if people had confidence in one coin or another they wouldnt keep spinning off clones(altcoins). The fact that can happen is what will keep crypto just what it is.  Speculation for investors. What’s gonna be the coin to take over the world. Lmao. Which of the thousands of coins will be the one. It’s becoming so laughable.  All the institutional investors everyone said was coming. Why would they make you rich?  Why not spend 0$ clone me off a coin. Spend my pocket change to annihilate any other coins marketing.  FB has this sector in check.  Watch and see what happens next😜🤓. How is the common man gonna come up with 10 mil to be part of the consortium?  Hell even if you had it do they even want you in there.  Everyone bad mouthed every payment processor in hopes of pumping bitcoin. Hell do you think they feel welcomed?  If I was them I would do the exact thing. Middle finger in the air!!!

BR 

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 10:23:22 PM

Well, www.eastshore.xyz is selling these for $179. FPGA MIner "FGPF SK1 Miner"

Check out the algos. Not sure if these are the most popular algorithm or there are more.

Product: FPGA Miner AGPF SK1 Multi-Algorithm  Supported. $179 plus shipping.

https://www.eastshore.xyz/shop/fpga-miner-agpf-sk1-multi-algorithm-supported

Eastshore.xyz evaluation of this unit.

https://www.eastshore.xyz/evaluation-on-programmable-wireless-silent-fpga-miner-agpf-sk1/

Can't seem to find any calculators of note on the different algos.

Damn this thing is sketchy as hell in the specifics department. No hash rate listed?

Miner Specifics
Brand   AGPF SK1
Algorithm   Veo, Skunk and xdag
Coins Supported   Amoveo (VEO), Hyundai DAC (HDAC), Dagger (xdag), etc.
Hashrate   Check Algorithms Supported Table below for details (see the chart above in this post)
Power Consumption   Check Algorithms Supported Table below for details
Power Interface   6PIN x 1
Network   wired and wireless network
Power Supply   NO PSU
PSU Recommend   Antminer APW7 1800W PSU
 Warranty    See details in  “Warranty & Buyer  Protection” tab.

Still looking but without a miner calculator for the 'so far' listed algos above of Veo Skunk and Xdag.

I'm befuddled on what to think on this.

Still digging into it.

Later

Brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
OurManInHavana

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 10:32:07 PM

Well, www.eastshore.xyz is selling these for $179. FPGA MIner "FGPF SK1 Miner"...

Did they screw on a Raspberry Pi Zero W (https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-zero-w/) as their controller? That make this miner way more interesting!

That would make the black heatsink for the VRMs?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 10:40:41 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Found some more info on the FPGA Miner AGPF SK1 Multi-Algorithm for $179 on www.eastshore.xyz

Here is the link for the Amoveo Coin it claims to mine.

https://amoveo.io/

Here is the 'supposed' Amoveo Calculator at 5gh 100 watts say, for the above unit.

[currency]=VEO&rows[0][device]=GeForce_1080_Ti&rows[0][quantity]=1&rows[0][hashrate]=5000&rows[0][power]=0.100]https://calc.exan.tech/?price=0.1&metric=daily%20revenue&period=24%20hours&rows[0][currency]=VEO&rows[0][device]=GeForce_1080_Ti&rows[0][quantity]=1&rows[0][hashrate]=5000&rows[0][power]=0.100

8.5c per day or 30 days

[currency]=VEO&rows[0][device]=GeForce_1080_Ti&rows[0][quantity]=1&rows[0][hashrate]=5000&rows[0][power]=0.100]https://calc.exan.tech/?price=0.1&metric=daily%20revenue&period=24%20hours&rows[0][currency]=VEO&rows[0][device]=GeForce_1080_Ti&rows[0][quantity]=1&rows[0][hashrate]=5000&rows[0][power]=0.100

hmmm...

skunk algorithm

https://maxcoinproject.org/

https://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/maxcoin-mining-calculator/?h=50&p=100&pc=0.10&pf=0.00&d=18330.62355422&r=8.00000000&er=0.00000068&btcer=11665.48000000&hc=0.00

mines at a loss of -25c per day

Well anyway, now I know why this FPGA card is still in stock and only $179! Smiley

later

Brad

Well, www.eastshore.xyz is selling these for $179. FPGA MIner "FGPF SK1 Miner"...

Did they screw on a Raspberry Pi Zero W (https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-zero-w/) as their controller? That make this miner way more interesting!

That would make the black heatsink for the VRMs?

Yeah, see the eastshore.xyz review in my previous post.

But from what I can tell whichever algo you pick your are simply mining electric into the Air! None of the 3 algos listed make anything at all.

Not sure about the 'supposed' algos coming. Feel free to broaden my research with your own posts on here.

Brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
OurManInHavana

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 10:44:03 PM

They have photos of the chip: it's a Kinetex 7 (but I can't make out exact model number). This would be a direct competitor with HAC's F1 Mini? (https://www.hashaltcoin.com/en/batches/14). Except HAC cranks out bitstreams while there may be zero support for this AGPF SK1.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 02:18:04 AM

They have photos of the chip: it's a Kinetex 7 (but I can't make out exact model number). This would be a direct competitor with HAC's F1 Mini? (https://www.hashaltcoin.com/en/batches/14). Except HAC cranks out bitstreams while there may be zero support for this AGPF SK1.

Yeah, whatever you are pretty much mining AIR even at these almost 12k prices on BTC. With all Altcoins of any flavor, lagging way, way behind.

Unless they add an algorithm in the future that catches on fire, it is a nice toy at best.

Maybe that should be my new hobby, running up paper wallets on sh*tcoins of dubious algorithms?  It MAY be better than collecting cats, but only in that

you have to feed the cats.

Yawn. Too bad, it is kinda 'cute' IMHO Smiley

later

Brad

Techn1curious

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 12:58:14 PM

Does anyone have an idea of whether the firmware from the HAC F1 mini could be ported across to the Eastshore FPGA SK1?
cryptolumos

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 05:25:59 PM

Does anyone have an idea of whether the firmware from the HAC F1 mini could be ported across to the Eastshore FPGA SK1?

doesn't work like that, so no
Techn1curious

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 07:22:45 PM

doesn't work like that, so no

Can you elaborate as to why not?  Similar chips although using different control boards.  Am really wondering what the issues are to stop this being possible as new to fgpa's.

Edit:  Just found and read through Zetheron site which explains the issues about porting, so i now know that it is not a straightforward port at all.
rpbigpapa

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 11:41:27 AM

The reason they only ship to usa is U.S gov dont want other 3rd world country's  to have access to super computer parts like Irac and such cause they can be used to make nukes or bio weapons doesn't anyone watch law & order even some video game consoles us restricts resellers from shipping them out or so i understood 
cmike99

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 02:05:31 PM

Anyone how are interest in cheap hardware, a link to a insolvency! more than 100 CVP13 !!!
https://edikte.justiz.gv.at/edikte/mv/bekinsolvpub.nsf/suchedi?SearchView&subf=ebm&SearchOrder=4&SearchMax=4999&retfields=&FT=htc&ftquery=htc&query=%28htc%29#1576503869276
antminerguruguy

Activity: 328

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2020, 06:51:59 PM

im interested in paying 5000 dollars to buy this card to make 7 cents a day please tell me more.
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99]
  Print  

Jump to: