Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:30:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTO ARTIST sharing and exploring with Bitcointalk  (Read 1344 times)
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 321
Merit: 970

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 02:24:49 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2018, 06:39:28 PM by 1Dq
Merited by krogothmanhattan (10), Kryptowerk (4), franckuestein (3), Halab (2), avatar_kiyoshi (2), Darklinkz (2), TECSHARE (1), minerjones (1), Potato Chips (1), Coin-1 (1), julerz12 (1), wiser (1)

Hello everybody.
I’m a MFA painter and have in the past year become swallowed by the whole crypto thing. I bought a marginal amount of BTC, read and watch about it but most of all I draw and paint, which is what I do best.

I’m excited to be here in what I believe to be the beginning of the big transaction change. I want to be part of its transformation and the positive, ever witty and dynamic network of people.
This is why I am here - I want to show you how far I got and ask you if you would help me on my way forward.

I love exploring various styles and techniques, and the crypto world has all the motifs I need. So far I’ve explored a couple using real golden and silver leafs to add an edge to the visuals. Gold and Bitcoin just seem natural. Also, making gifs all day.

What are your thoughts on crypto art so far? There’s more and more pieces and artifacts out there. I intend to make mine as proper as possible, but what is a good crypto piece for you? What themes should me and other artists explore, are memes in pop-art form a thing?

I wish to form myself as a crypto artist with your participation. As a return favor I’m sure visualising some of your ideas might be worth your effort!
Anyway, it’s good to be here, I hope we strike a debate, cheers!

I love Painting and I love Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iillaa

Activity: 196
Merit: 5

A MAN SEEKING FOR KNOWLEDGE

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:41:23 AM

I loved Pict 1 and 3     they are very good  especially  the 3rd 

Cheesy
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3409

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 06:42:50 AM

What are your thoughts on crypto art so far?
I really liked the 2nd style. The only thing that I didn't like about it, was having two different textures (the blending part for BTCitcoin and everything else, is a bit weird [unnatural x natural]).
- For what it's worth, it's a cool effect (just not my style).

What themes should me and other artists explore, are memes in pop-art form a thing?
You can try having few of those but I think you should continue with the 2nd style (from this thread) instead.

I loved Pict 1 and 3     they are very good  especially  the 3rd 
In other words, you liked all of them Wink

Pic 1 = Pic 4
Pic 2 = Pic 3

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 06:44:58 PM

What are your thoughts on crypto art so far?
I really liked the 2nd style. The only thing that I didn't like about it, was having two different textures (the blending part for BTCitcoin and everything else, is a bit weird [unnatural x natural]).
- For what it's worth, it's a cool effect (just not my style).
That gif is derived from "The Bitcoin Miner" piece and the Bitcoin itself was made using 23 Karat golden leafs. It certainly makes the texture look a bit alien in contrast to acrylics, but I felt that it should. Bitcoin in today's world IS that unique.

Anyway, thanks for the likes guys, there's more on the way.

TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 08:38:21 PM

what material is the mining guy one on? what size? how much?

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 10:01:43 PM

what material is the mining guy one on? what size? how much?

Acrylics and Golden leafs on Canvas, 111x91cm/43,7”x35,8”
I'll send you a PM with info about the price.

Seetheummerallyeah

Activity: 280
Merit: 41

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:57:37 AM

Could you send me the price for that piece as well?
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 07:20:59 AM

Could you send me the price for that piece as well?
PM sent

1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 06:00:13 PM
Merited by SFR10 (2), El duderino_ (2), franckuestein (2)

Let me give you a quick tour on the gilding process. It started as almost a joke and soon became something of a fetish. Which is easy to understand as every step of gilding seems like putting together golden legos to build a lambo.

I start by drawing the precise shape and fashioning it in 3d if necessary by using a two-component thick paste.

Then I apply colored glue on the working surface (I can't work on all of it at once as it dries way too fast), using different colors for gold and silver leafs. I apply leafs immediately after that, using soft brush tips and paper to kinda slide them on the working surface.

I use brushes to remove leftovers (everything not glued). Then I find pieces of gold and silver all around the place, in my bin and toilet. High society shit right there.

Sometimes I have to redo some parts to get extra golden or silver effect, but mostly I stand back and enjoy the view.
And make photos from different angles and in different light arrangements.

Hope you enjoyed this short walkthrough, there'll be more stuff like this in the future.

BitcoinPappi
Legendary

Activity: 915
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:24:20 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2018, 09:45:56 PM by BitcoinPappi

Your pieces look great. Are they for sale ?  Also will they be unique pieces meaning only a single original.

Pic 1 and Pic 3. The gold foil is a nice touch that makes the piece pop
frankbitcoin

Activity: 1288
Merit: 295

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:31:56 PM

is the mining one still for sale?  I'd be interested in having one of these personally for my office.

let me know!  Feel free to PM me the price and details.  Beautiful work!  Smiley
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 05:43:32 PM

Thanks for the praise dudes!
Most of the pieces above are still on sale on Bitify via the Sha256art gallery, here's the links:

https://bitify.com/auctions/collectable-art/art-painting-the-bitcoin-miner-1139002/
https://bitify.com/auctions/collectable-art/art-painting-bitcoaster-1123819/
https://bitify.com/auctions/collectable-art/art-painting-litecoaster-1121087/

They are all original works, but some of them will at some point get reproduced as posters.
The Rollercoaster guy might get reimagined a couple of times more, but I'm more interested in other aspects of the Crypto culture. I'll post new content here as soon as it's done to a presentable degree.

And yes, gold is pretty wacky and I get why it had such value all these centuries. It's a bit ironic, that I use it to amplify the effect of a digital currency that's kinda its opposition.

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:36:55 PM

Those are some really neat paintings. Keep it up.

I'm wondering if some of the people developing alt-coins might be interested in commissioning a painting commemorating their projects.

I'm going to bookmark this thread and keep you in mind if a need like that comes up in any of the projects I'm involved with.
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 11:27:01 AM

Thanks man.
I was already thinking about engaging in altcoins in the near future. I also expect to do commissions as soon as I get established a bit further and finish what I have started.
Right now I'm completing a piece that I will hopefully post here next week. It's subject matter is in a completely other direction so I'm pretty excited about how you guys are gonna take it.

I'll keep you up to date here, cheers.

1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 04:37:32 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2018, 11:13:19 AM by 1Dq
Merited by Lutpin (3), SFR10 (2), franckuestein (1)

Today, I'm presenting a piece completed in a completely new direction.

I chose Andreas Antonopoulos as an avatar of proactive advocation primarily for Bitcoin but also for the crypto world in the broader sense. I got a tip from my friend to use a vintage sci-fi illustration for the background and a 2018-feel shirt to make the image captivating, meaningful and nostalgic in old hope for a better technological future.

Again I managed to use real gold in the egg pattern (depicting yolk), which conotates coins, especially when viewed from an angle as seen below.

This is the first place me and the Sha256art gallery are presenting this, as I insisted to have it exclusive here. It will hopefully be presented to Andreas and later be put on Bitify for grabs. If you are interested in it, let me know via PM. The price for this one will be 0.5 BTC. Technique is Acrylics and golden leafs on canvas, size with frame is 65x55cm or 25,6x21,6".

Hope you like it, tips and critique are welcome as always, cheers.  

MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:50:06 PM

Today, I'm presenting a piece completed in a completely new direction.

I chose Andreas Antonopolous as an avatar of proactive advocation primarily for Bitcoin but also for the crypto world in the broader sense. I got a tip from my friend to use a vintage sci-fi illustration for the background and a 2018-feel shirt to make the image captivating, meaningful and nostalgic in old hope for a better technological future.

Again I managed to use real gold in the egg pattern (depicting yolk), which conotates coins, especially when viewed from an angle as seen below.

This is the first place me and the Sha256art gallery are presenting this, as I insisted to have it exclusive here. It will hopefully be presented to Andreas and later be put on Bitify for grabs. If you are interested in it, let me know via PM. The price for this one will be 0.5 BTC. Technique is Acrylics and golden leafs on canvas, size with frame is 65x55cm or 25,6x21,6".

Hope you like it, tips and critique are welcome as always, cheers.  

This is incredible! The crypto world is definitely having an impact on the art industry, both on and off the blockchain. It will be fascinating to see how art morphs over the years as people become familiar with the blockchain world. Not only for art inspiration, but how it's bought/sold, and authenticty as well.
Cheers! Good luck!
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 11:24:43 PM

It will be fascinating to see how art morphs over the years as people become familiar with the blockchain world. Not only for art inspiration, but how it's bought/sold, and authenticty as well.
Does any artist do PGP chain of ownership for their artworks yet?
The only thing that comes to mind are Casascius coins sometimes being sold with a PGP signed chain to verify authenticity and account for the whereabouts over the years.
(Sorry for somewhat derailing the thread, but this point seemed too interesting to not comment on it).

I love the latest artwork, OP. Especially the latest one. Keep up the good work.
You could move your thread in the Collectibles section (Marketplace > Goods > Collectibles), as it's likely to reach more interested users in that section than in here.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 06:39:14 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2018, 11:14:08 AM by 1Dq

Lutpin: The thread was moved here by a mod probably, I just noticed it two days ago. I was thinking of having it in the collectibles from the beginning, so maybe I'll reconsider that option again.

I just sent Antonopoulos a request on his page making a short summary of my goals and giving him a link here. I would really like to make contact with him and get his idea on how I could put my work to the best possible effort. I also want to start working on larger pieces (I feel at home in sizes over 2 meters or 7 feet) visualizing the technologies, that are vital in this time and context. If anyone here can hook me up with Andreas it'll really help me out.

Also, I haven't settled on the title for the Antonopoulos piece yet. I'm thinking on the lines of "The Bitcoin Prophet", "Avatar of Progress" or "Egging on the Future" (because of the in your face motif lol).

Any ideas?

Darklinkz

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:46:38 AM

I really love it and I want to see more of you work! I hope that someone would contact you to exhibit all your arts so other people will not just discover how beautiful your art is but also to open others mind in the world of cryptocurrencies.
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 06:58:06 PM

Thanks man.
Me and Sha256art gallery are working out some ways of exhibiting my paintings on some crypto event or convention in the near and far future. But priority is getting new links and contemplating new, larger pieces. Currently thinking about a huge battle of opposing forces (you can imagine what that would look like), what do you think?

And we continue to sell painting (presented in this thread) on bitify. Selling them will actually allow me to work on upcoming crypto paintings a bit easier, as I won't have to do other jobs to pay my bills.

Also, there will be jpgs available soon for download for a small fee. 

aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1255

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 08:47:59 PM

The miner piece and this last piece in particular are excellent and the gold work really adds
to the overall appeal to the crypto scene.

I think there should be a lot of interest from serious art collectors looking for crypto themed
work with these pieces.

I have been dabbling in art for the last 20 years and subject matter and inspiration is always
a struggle so i can really relate to these works, very well done and im looking forward to the
next artistic post, also would be interested to hear if there are some successful sales!

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 09:01:46 PM

I think you could either draw the other crypto currency's token like the LTC, or ETH. I like your drawings, you could sell some of your art if you want to or maybe you should make something if you offer to draw for them for a price of course. It is so rare to see such talented members here on the forum, i think there are talented members too but they aren't that showy.  Cheesy

1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 12:56:01 PM

The miner piece and this last piece in particular are excellent and the gold work really adds
to the overall appeal to the crypto scene.

I think there should be a lot of interest from serious art collectors looking for crypto themed
work with these pieces.

I have been dabbling in art for the last 20 years and subject matter and inspiration is always
a struggle so i can really relate to these works, very well done and im looking forward to the
next artistic post, also would be interested to hear if there are some successful sales!
Thanks. There were sales and currently there are several interested individuals keeping an eye on auctions that are up.

I think you could either draw the other crypto currency's token like the LTC, or ETH. I like your drawings, you could sell some of your art if you want to or maybe you should make something if you offer to draw for them for a price of course. It is so rare to see such talented members here on the forum, i think there are talented members too but they aren't that showy.  Cheesy
I am beginning to explore these options. I would like to visualise the front and the back side of these technologies and big personas that are vital for the crypto world. And there might be a fun piece here and then. And I did make this coaster as a bro to the Bitcoin one...

buwaytress
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 3437

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:02:11 PM

Hello, nice artwork. A bit pricey I feel, although you of course as the artist should put the price you feel is fair to your work, just be patient for the right buyer, the right person to appreciate it. Pop art is making its inways into Bitcoin and with some of the really far out ideas already gathering a lot of interest at auction houses, I suppose yours is relatively low-priced.

My question to artists always is the same: what's your take on the visualisation of Bitcoin? The coin symbol is most commonly used, but I'm always looking for new, different, visualisations.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
... LIVECASINO.io    Play Live Games with up to 20% cashback!...██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:55:43 PM

Well, i have a suggestion, since Bitcoin can only be found in the internet and any other stuff. Why don't you make something that's a bit digital yet physically can be seen, of course it is a drawing it can be physical, but what i mean is that something like the hardware wallet. You can hold it because it is physically made out of metal yet it is digital inside.

I know you can think all of them because it is just a matter of unique perceptions. Just think all of them and try to get some ideas to some of it, i'm sure some of them might wanted to buy that piece.  Wink

shield132

Activity: 2198
Merit: 848

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:34:04 PM

Like this artworks, they are amazing, especially third one, it's dark and somehow connects real mining to bitcoin. If you know, one member from bitcointalk with the helpnof others, I talk about condoras, offers bitcoin puzzles. It's images of bitcoin related arts which is cutted and ready to fix. I think it's great way to promote bitcoin.
Since you are artis and personally I liked your third image very much, what about to realize your arts in real life like puzzles?
Read this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2985870.msg30695202

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:42:40 PM

Let me give you a quick tour on the gilding process. It started as almost a joke and soon became something of a fetish. Which is easy to understand as every step of gilding seems like putting together golden legos to build a lambo.

I start by drawing the precise shape and fashioning it in 3d if necessary by using a two-component thick paste.

Then I apply colored glue on the working surface (I can't work on all of it at once as it dries way too fast), using different colors for gold and silver leafs. I apply leafs immediately after that, using soft brush tips and paper to kinda slide them on the working surface.

I use brushes to remove leftovers (everything not glued). Then I find pieces of gold and silver all around the place, in my bin and toilet. High society shit right there.

Sometimes I have to redo some parts to get extra golden or silver effect, but mostly I stand back and enjoy the view.
And make photos from different angles and in different light arrangements.

Hope you enjoyed this short walkthrough, there'll be more stuff like this in the future.

I really enjoyed the walk through, it really gives you a different perspective and in a way, at least for me it makes you appreciate the work more, which by the way I did like very much. If only I had a similar talent... Anyways, great job, awesome pics Wink
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 12:15:57 PM

Well, i have a suggestion, since Bitcoin can only be found in the internet and any other stuff. Why don't you make something that's a bit digital yet physically can be seen, of course it is a drawing it can be physical, but what i mean is that something like the hardware wallet. You can hold it because it is physically made out of metal yet it is digital inside.

I know you can think all of them because it is just a matter of unique perceptions. Just think all of them and try to get some ideas to some of it, i'm sure some of them might wanted to buy that piece.  Wink
This is a nice idea, but I think more suitable for a designer or some artist that's more familiar with "building" things. I want to remain specialized in painting and drawing.
Like this artworks, they are amazing, especially third one, it's dark and somehow connects real mining to bitcoin. If you know, one member from bitcointalk with the helpnof others, I talk about condoras, offers bitcoin puzzles. It's images of bitcoin related arts which is cutted and ready to fix. I think it's great way to promote bitcoin.
Since you are artis and personally I liked your third image very much, what about to realize your arts in real life like puzzles?
Read this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2985870.msg30695202
I forwarded the link to Sha256art gallery that covers the "usage" of my works. Interesting idea tho, crypto works well with all systems that combine small pieces together (Legos too)
Hello, nice artwork. A bit pricey I feel, although you of course as the artist should put the price you feel is fair to your work, just be patient for the right buyer, the right person to appreciate it. Pop art is making its inways into Bitcoin and with some of the really far out ideas already gathering a lot of interest at auction houses, I suppose yours is relatively low-priced.

My question to artists always is the same: what's your take on the visualisation of Bitcoin? The coin symbol is most commonly used, but I'm always looking for new, different, visualisations.
I think the prices are becoming just right (they started off lower), we'll see where we get in the upcoming months. It took me a lot of time and work to get them done, I'm satisfied with results and I think they are well worth their current price.
Visualisation of Bitcoin as a symbol should be more open, I agree. As I got into it, I just took the coin and the rollercoaster guy as two very settled images, but now that you mentioned it I could make up my own visualisation, if possible based on how Bitcoin works.
Thanks for the ideas and please - keep them coming. I'll soon be back with new concepts and I expect to work on several pieces at the same time. I would really like to construct them with your help! ...And I have to consider rewarding those of you that will provide best help  Cool

buwaytress
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:08:08 PM

I think the prices are becoming just right (they started off lower), we'll see where we get in the upcoming months. It took me a lot of time and work to get them done, I'm satisfied with results and I think they are well worth their current price.
Visualisation of Bitcoin as a symbol should be more open, I agree. As I got into it, I just took the coin and the rollercoaster guy as two very settled images, but now that you mentioned it I could make up my own visualisation, if possible based on how Bitcoin works.
Thanks for the ideas and please - keep them coming. I'll soon be back with new concepts and I expect to work on several pieces at the same time. I would really like to construct them with your help! ...And I have to consider rewarding those of you that will provide best help  Cool

I'd really like to see that! I wouldn't call myself supremely interested in Bitcoin art, but as a person who also earns from creative work - more so as my professional career dwindles down with age - I'm always keen to pick at the brains of the artist.

One aspect I'd really be curious about is cypherpunk imagery, since that ideology was really where Bitcoin was birthed. Look online and anything remotely cypherpunk is also stereotyped, as well as scarce. I think coming to ten years, there should be more interest in exploring cypherpunk inspirations for Bitcoin visualisation - perhaps abstract ideology but as you say, also down to its technical workings.

Always the best starting point for thinking behind the concepts is the cypherpunk manifesto.

P.S. How many pieces have you sold and where are the buyers displaying them?

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 08:12:59 AM

I've been thinking about and doing sketches concerning the cyberpunk ideology behind crypto from the start, but haven't settled on a satisfying image yet. It's definitely one of the crucial aspects I want to keep exploring and I hope to visualize soon. There's always been a flood of memes and price hype and moon references in Bitcoin which is fine and fun, but the philosophy that started this needs to be part of the overall awareness too. I see it as one of my responsibilities as an artist to help with that.

Concerning selling, Sha256art gallery is handling that for me so please contact my mate running it for more info: http://www.sha256art.com/
I'm not sure about all the current offers but the initial piece "Goldencoaster" was sold to some north american person. I have no idea where and how it's displayed. Since we only started about half a year ago, it'll take a while to establish ourselves with solid work and good promotion. I'm glad I get to do the creative part as I'm not that good with the selling part haha.

buwaytress
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 12:40:32 PM

I've been thinking about and doing sketches concerning the cyberpunk ideology behind crypto from the start, but haven't settled on a satisfying image yet. It's definitely one of the crucial aspects I want to keep exploring and I hope to visualize soon. There's always been a flood of memes and price hype and moon references in Bitcoin which is fine and fun, but the philosophy that started this needs to be part of the overall awareness too. I see it as one of my responsibilities as an artist to help with that.

Concerning selling, Sha256art gallery is handling that for me so please contact my mate running it for more info: http://www.sha256art.com/
I'm not sure about all the current offers but the initial piece "Goldencoaster" was sold to some north american person. I have no idea where and how it's displayed. Since we only started about half a year ago, it'll take a while to establish ourselves with solid work and good promotion. I'm glad I get to do the creative part as I'm not that good with the selling part haha.

Yes, that's what I keep thinking. Bitcoin imagery/visualisation is a lot of fun, meme-inducing like you said. I don't think this is wrong or to be discouraged, Bitcoin owed a lot of early adoption to Slashdot and the like, and there's a healthy bit of serious participatory discussion from this segment. But certainly, the philosophy could benefit from updated expression - not only the hacker and darkmarket "Matrix-esque" images that Google image search is capable of bringing up.

If you ever have some solid ideas/directions, would love to hear your input privately - on a separate need, I am always on the lookout for human interest stories related to Bitcoin.

I'll look up sha256art, thanks. And good luck.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 12:33:08 PM

Thank you.

So I've been checking out all kinds of visualisations of blockchain and bitcoin that I found out there. There are proper videos, graphs and simulations, but I really didn't find any that were particularily useful for me to develop their logic into a painting. Mostly it's just blocks and connections everywhere. Some examples:

https://datafloq.com/read/the-beauty-is-in-the-big-data/182
https://iohk.io/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjYbsq3FXfM

I want to find a way of abstracting the key aspects of how crypto works and how it changes reality. And I want to add the anarho side to it, but that seems easiest of all.

Any ideas, especially on the visualizing the "how it works"?

buwaytress
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:50:43 AM

Thank you.

So I've been checking out all kinds of visualisations of blockchain and bitcoin that I found out there. There are proper videos, graphs and simulations, but I really didn't find any that were particularily useful for me to develop their logic into a painting. Mostly it's just blocks and connections everywhere. Some examples:

https://datafloq.com/read/the-beauty-is-in-the-big-data/182
https://iohk.io/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjYbsq3FXfM

I want to find a way of abstracting the key aspects of how crypto works and how it changes reality. And I want to add the anarho side to it, but that seems easiest of all.

Any ideas, especially on the visualizing the "how it works"?

How about tackling the way coins are "sent" in Bitcoin? The typical visualisation sees an input being separated into outputs, like say a 10-dollar bill is used to pay for an 8-dollar purchase, with 2-dollar outputs sent back to the originating address as change. But coins aren't actually sent... that's just visualisation. They're all recorded on the blockchain, and users own them by virtue of controlling the private keys associated with them. Every transaction actually gives an instruction that gives control of portions of coins to some other address. Whoever controls the address, gains ownership of those coins.

That's my "simple" way of explaining it.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 04:18:51 PM

It would certainly present a challenge to depict how and what actually happens in these transactions. So I imagine that I have to set up a composition in which initial values and locations, target locations and gathering of information that is the actual transaction would all be set. And the difference of values that come along with the transaction. Interesting, but I can imagine having a whole new set of problems visualizing the chain that happens in there.
But a very solid suggestion, thanks a bunch buwaytress!

1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 10:14:16 PM

I've opened a new thread for a new project of visualizing how bitcoin works: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4666387.0

You are very welcome to start/add to the discussion.

1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 07:25:18 PM
Merited by franckuestein (1)

This is (so far) the result of my efforts in visualizing how a new block is generated in the blockchain. It's more a scheme than a painting but I want to see if you can figure out what parts of it represent. I've elaborated a bit more on the project in its thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4666387.msg43459092#msg43459092

Since no one has yet commented on it I'm not sure if that's because it's unclear of what it represents or how it works. I'll give an explanation in a day or two. Here it is:

You are very welcome to comment, especially in the above posted thread!

omi121

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 08:25:44 PM

Nice work.
Pm me your contact details. We make animation videos, perhaps we might need your services for animation project.
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 08:29:04 PM

pm sent

1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 09:48:57 AM

I made a new painting called Cryptoglyphs, using the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs and paintings style to visualise The Bitcoin Blockchain. It's purpose is not only aesthetical, but tutorial and could serve as a tool for describing what Bitcoin is and how it works.

More on the piece here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5065782.0

MERlT

Activity: 159
Merit: 32

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 09:23:32 AM

Fantastic work! I've seen a lot of crypto related art, and your work rates among the best.... good job.
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 01:34:12 PM

Thank you!

1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 07:53:41 AM

One of my earlies pieces Bitcoaster is on an auction on Bitify:

https://bitify.com/auctions/collectable-art/art-painting-bitcoaster-1794223/

It was made using real golden leafs and has 6 options for hanging on the wall - going up/down, diagonally up/down or horizontally or upside down (just in case).

Happy bidding!

1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2019, 04:03:59 PM

This time I'm back with a short comic. I hope you like it!

1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2019, 06:15:56 PM
Merited by franckuestein (1)

Bitcoin dawn (just recently titled thanks to group effort here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5147522.0, commissioned by krogothmanhattan.

franckuestein
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130

Truth will out!

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2019, 05:42:55 PM

Congratulations for these masterpieces. I really enjoyed your topic and art.
There's not enough merit to send for this Cheesy

Does Andreas Antonopoulos know about the existence of this?

[ AVAILABLE SIGNATURE SPACE ]
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2019, 07:07:47 PM

Thank you for your uplifting comment!

I'm trying my best to give the broader Bitcoin scene an artistic visual representation it deserves. 

As for Andreas - he might have seen it as it was posted on Reddit, but there was no direct reply. I'd love to hear his comment on it!  Grin

franckuestein
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130

Truth will out!

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2019, 07:36:54 PM

As for Andreas - he might have seen it as it was posted on Reddit, but there was no direct reply. I'd love to hear his comment on it!  Grin

Maybe you can try it from here
https://aantonop.com/miscellaneous-requests/

Or if you use other social networks
https://twitter.com/aantonop
https://www.facebook.com/AndreasMAntonopoulos/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/amantonopoulos/
https://www.youtube.com/aantonop

I think he'll like it  Tongue

[ AVAILABLE SIGNATURE SPACE ]
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 08:24:23 AM

Maybe you can try it from here
https://aantonop.com/miscellaneous-requests/

Or if you use other social networks
https://twitter.com/aantonop
https://www.facebook.com/AndreasMAntonopoulos/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/amantonopoulos/
https://www.youtube.com/aantonop

I think he'll like it  Tongue

I submitted via his request at the time the painting was first posted, but never got a reply. Maybe I could try again, but I don't want to be pushy - sooner or later it'll get to him as I become better known.

1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2019, 05:57:47 PM
Merited by GrosWesh (1), franckuestein (1)

My newest piece is a light spirited critique of the depression of the last year.

1Dq, The Wailing of Crypto Winter, 2019, Acrylics on Canvas, 22,6x15,7″(60x40cm)

Feel free to comment as always, cheers!

El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11990

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 08:43:43 AM

Wow these are just some amazing ART-works, especially the roller coaster, I do love that image....

Maybe try the "this is fine" cartoon Cheesy

XhomerX10 designed my nice avatar HATs!!!!!  Thanks Bro
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2019, 08:22:18 AM

Wow these are just some amazing ART-works, especially the roller coaster, I do love that image....

Maybe try the "this is fine" cartoon Cheesy

Thanks!

I just might, it was one of my earliest options of what to redo!  Cool

buwaytress
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 11:00:25 AM
Merited by 1Dq (2)

1Dq, have come across your work but the Antonoupoulos (sp) painting was the one that led me here. I've got a lot of respect for that guy, though I daresay these days he's getting more of the recognition he deserves for his work on Bitcoin. I wonder if you'd ever consider doing a series like that on the underrated people who've done so much for the network and community, more than any of the very vocal people could ever have done or ever will do.

Or a series on the cypherpunks, that would be SO cool!

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2019, 06:48:54 AM

1Dq, have come across your work but the Antonoupoulos (sp) painting was the one that led me here. I've got a lot of respect for that guy, though I daresay these days he's getting more of the recognition he deserves for his work on Bitcoin. I wonder if you'd ever consider doing a series like that on the underrated people who've done so much for the network and community, more than any of the very vocal people could ever have done or ever will do.

Or a series on the cypherpunks, that would be SO cool!

I love Antonopoulos and his work, it was through his videos that I learned a lot about how Bitcoin works. It especially helped me develop the Cryptoglyphs piece.

Making a series of underrated people is a very good idea! It might be one, I could pursuit in the near future, as at the moment I have too much going on already, plus I am just starting a project right here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5168867.0

You are very much invited to join in and thank you for this post!

1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2019, 06:45:33 PM

I put my first piece on Fomohunt!

Bitcoaster, 2018, Acrylics and Golden leafs on Canvas, 70x100cm/27,6”x39,4” (frame 89x109cm/35”x42,9”)

https://www.fomohunt.com/market/bitcoaster/

1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2019, 03:26:35 PM

This was my submission for the 10th anniversary art contest.

10 Years of Constructing the Future

More on the artwork with focus on the detail:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5205089

sashapan

Activity: 188
Merit: 156

10th Anniversary of Bitcointalk.org Nov 22 18:04

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 12:55:50 PM

Shocked Shocked Shocked
You have amazing work! Awesome art! I really like

stake.com/?c=dbdfc59df7   https://punt.com/?aid=7165
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2019, 01:02:23 PM

Thank you, it took a lot of time and effort to produce these so it's great to see they're appreciated!

Renampun

Activity: 2282
Merit: 362

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2019, 07:17:49 AM

This was my submission for the 10th anniversary art contest.

10 Years of Constructing the Future

More on the artwork with focus on the detail:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5205089
this is amazing, I like the color combination that you combine, the animation is very good. You're one of the best artists in this forum IMO.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2019, 09:23:03 AM

Thank you, Renampun!

I wonder what 2020 will bring us in crypto art.

kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 07, 2019, 01:45:21 PM

Thank you, Renampun!

I wonder what 2020 will bring us in crypto art.

I haven't seen this thread before! I don't know how he escaped my attention! A really great job and an amazing piece of art!

Let me answer your question about what 2020 brings with one of your paintings:

Grin

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Tiennou74

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2019, 06:11:01 PM

Thank you, it took a lot of time and effort to produce these so it's great to see they're appreciated!

You did nice work, Your imagination reflect into your Artwork, Superb!
Great Work ! Good Luck for 2020 , hope to see something good from your side in 2020!
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2019, 11:51:15 PM

I'll do my best not to let you down!

1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2019, 03:38:11 PM
Merited by LoyceV (6)

These are the two original canvases, that I made in cooperation with yogg for the History Coldkey set:

Cryogenic Bitcoin storage FRONT, 2019, Acrylics on Canvas, 7,9x11,8″(20x30cm)
Cryogenic Bitcoin storage BACK, 2019, Acrylics on Canvas, 7,9x11,8″(20x30cm)

Both are still being auctioned until Thursday, 12th December here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5207185.0

1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2020, 11:10:33 AM

I made a thread with all of my purchasable artworks:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5216743.0

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]