Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:19:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTO ARTIST sharing and exploring with Bitcointalk  (Read 1343 times)
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 321
Merit: 968

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 02:24:49 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2018, 06:39:28 PM by 1Dq
Merited by krogothmanhattan (10), Kryptowerk (4), franckuestein (3), Halab (2), avatar_kiyoshi (2), Darklinkz (2), TECSHARE (1), minerjones (1), Potato Chips (1), Coin-1 (1), julerz12 (1), wiser (1)

Hello everybody.
I’m a MFA painter and have in the past year become swallowed by the whole crypto thing. I bought a marginal amount of BTC, read and watch about it but most of all I draw and paint, which is what I do best.

I’m excited to be here in what I believe to be the beginning of the big transaction change. I want to be part of its transformation and the positive, ever witty and dynamic network of people.
This is why I am here - I want to show you how far I got and ask you if you would help me on my way forward.

I love exploring various styles and techniques, and the crypto world has all the motifs I need. So far I’ve explored a couple using real golden and silver leafs to add an edge to the visuals. Gold and Bitcoin just seem natural. Also, making gifs all day.

What are your thoughts on crypto art so far? There’s more and more pieces and artifacts out there. I intend to make mine as proper as possible, but what is a good crypto piece for you? What themes should me and other artists explore, are memes in pop-art form a thing?

I wish to form myself as a crypto artist with your participation. As a return favor I’m sure visualising some of your ideas might be worth your effort!
Anyway, it’s good to be here, I hope we strike a debate, cheers!

I love Painting and I love Bitcoin.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iillaa

Activity: 196
Merit: 5

A MAN SEEKING FOR KNOWLEDGE

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:41:23 AM

I loved Pict 1 and 3     they are very good  especially  the 3rd 

Cheesy
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3408

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 06:42:50 AM

What are your thoughts on crypto art so far?
I really liked the 2nd style. The only thing that I didn't like about it, was having two different textures (the blending part for BTCitcoin and everything else, is a bit weird [unnatural x natural]).
- For what it's worth, it's a cool effect (just not my style).

What themes should me and other artists explore, are memes in pop-art form a thing?
You can try having few of those but I think you should continue with the 2nd style (from this thread) instead.

I loved Pict 1 and 3     they are very good  especially  the 3rd 
In other words, you liked all of them Wink

Pic 1 = Pic 4
Pic 2 = Pic 3

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 06:44:58 PM

What are your thoughts on crypto art so far?
I really liked the 2nd style. The only thing that I didn't like about it, was having two different textures (the blending part for BTCitcoin and everything else, is a bit weird [unnatural x natural]).
- For what it's worth, it's a cool effect (just not my style).
That gif is derived from "The Bitcoin Miner" piece and the Bitcoin itself was made using 23 Karat golden leafs. It certainly makes the texture look a bit alien in contrast to acrylics, but I felt that it should. Bitcoin in today's world IS that unique.

Anyway, thanks for the likes guys, there's more on the way.

TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 08:38:21 PM

what material is the mining guy one on? what size? how much?

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 10:01:43 PM

what material is the mining guy one on? what size? how much?

Acrylics and Golden leafs on Canvas, 111x91cm/43,7”x35,8”
I'll send you a PM with info about the price.

Seetheummerallyeah

Activity: 280
Merit: 41

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:57:37 AM

Could you send me the price for that piece as well?
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 07:20:59 AM

Could you send me the price for that piece as well?
PM sent

1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 06:00:13 PM
Merited by SFR10 (2), El duderino_ (2), franckuestein (2)

Let me give you a quick tour on the gilding process. It started as almost a joke and soon became something of a fetish. Which is easy to understand as every step of gilding seems like putting together golden legos to build a lambo.

I start by drawing the precise shape and fashioning it in 3d if necessary by using a two-component thick paste.

Then I apply colored glue on the working surface (I can't work on all of it at once as it dries way too fast), using different colors for gold and silver leafs. I apply leafs immediately after that, using soft brush tips and paper to kinda slide them on the working surface.

I use brushes to remove leftovers (everything not glued). Then I find pieces of gold and silver all around the place, in my bin and toilet. High society shit right there.

Sometimes I have to redo some parts to get extra golden or silver effect, but mostly I stand back and enjoy the view.
And make photos from different angles and in different light arrangements.

Hope you enjoyed this short walkthrough, there'll be more stuff like this in the future.

BitcoinPappi
Legendary

Activity: 915
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:24:20 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2018, 09:45:56 PM by BitcoinPappi

Your pieces look great. Are they for sale ?  Also will they be unique pieces meaning only a single original.

Pic 1 and Pic 3. The gold foil is a nice touch that makes the piece pop
frankbitcoin

Activity: 1288
Merit: 295

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:31:56 PM

is the mining one still for sale?  I'd be interested in having one of these personally for my office.

let me know!  Feel free to PM me the price and details.  Beautiful work!  Smiley
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 05:43:32 PM

Thanks for the praise dudes!
Most of the pieces above are still on sale on Bitify via the Sha256art gallery, here's the links:

https://bitify.com/auctions/collectable-art/art-painting-the-bitcoin-miner-1139002/
https://bitify.com/auctions/collectable-art/art-painting-bitcoaster-1123819/
https://bitify.com/auctions/collectable-art/art-painting-litecoaster-1121087/

They are all original works, but some of them will at some point get reproduced as posters.
The Rollercoaster guy might get reimagined a couple of times more, but I'm more interested in other aspects of the Crypto culture. I'll post new content here as soon as it's done to a presentable degree.

And yes, gold is pretty wacky and I get why it had such value all these centuries. It's a bit ironic, that I use it to amplify the effect of a digital currency that's kinda its opposition.

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:36:55 PM

Those are some really neat paintings. Keep it up.

I'm wondering if some of the people developing alt-coins might be interested in commissioning a painting commemorating their projects.

I'm going to bookmark this thread and keep you in mind if a need like that comes up in any of the projects I'm involved with.
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 11:27:01 AM

Thanks man.
I was already thinking about engaging in altcoins in the near future. I also expect to do commissions as soon as I get established a bit further and finish what I have started.
Right now I'm completing a piece that I will hopefully post here next week. It's subject matter is in a completely other direction so I'm pretty excited about how you guys are gonna take it.

I'll keep you up to date here, cheers.

1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 04:37:32 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2018, 11:13:19 AM by 1Dq
Merited by Lutpin (3), SFR10 (2), franckuestein (1)

Today, I'm presenting a piece completed in a completely new direction.

I chose Andreas Antonopoulos as an avatar of proactive advocation primarily for Bitcoin but also for the crypto world in the broader sense. I got a tip from my friend to use a vintage sci-fi illustration for the background and a 2018-feel shirt to make the image captivating, meaningful and nostalgic in old hope for a better technological future.

Again I managed to use real gold in the egg pattern (depicting yolk), which conotates coins, especially when viewed from an angle as seen below.

This is the first place me and the Sha256art gallery are presenting this, as I insisted to have it exclusive here. It will hopefully be presented to Andreas and later be put on Bitify for grabs. If you are interested in it, let me know via PM. The price for this one will be 0.5 BTC. Technique is Acrylics and golden leafs on canvas, size with frame is 65x55cm or 25,6x21,6".

Hope you like it, tips and critique are welcome as always, cheers.  

MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:50:06 PM

Today, I'm presenting a piece completed in a completely new direction.

I chose Andreas Antonopolous as an avatar of proactive advocation primarily for Bitcoin but also for the crypto world in the broader sense. I got a tip from my friend to use a vintage sci-fi illustration for the background and a 2018-feel shirt to make the image captivating, meaningful and nostalgic in old hope for a better technological future.

Again I managed to use real gold in the egg pattern (depicting yolk), which conotates coins, especially when viewed from an angle as seen below.

This is the first place me and the Sha256art gallery are presenting this, as I insisted to have it exclusive here. It will hopefully be presented to Andreas and later be put on Bitify for grabs. If you are interested in it, let me know via PM. The price for this one will be 0.5 BTC. Technique is Acrylics and golden leafs on canvas, size with frame is 65x55cm or 25,6x21,6".

Hope you like it, tips and critique are welcome as always, cheers.  

This is incredible! The crypto world is definitely having an impact on the art industry, both on and off the blockchain. It will be fascinating to see how art morphs over the years as people become familiar with the blockchain world. Not only for art inspiration, but how it's bought/sold, and authenticty as well.
Cheers! Good luck!
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 11:24:43 PM

It will be fascinating to see how art morphs over the years as people become familiar with the blockchain world. Not only for art inspiration, but how it's bought/sold, and authenticty as well.
Does any artist do PGP chain of ownership for their artworks yet?
The only thing that comes to mind are Casascius coins sometimes being sold with a PGP signed chain to verify authenticity and account for the whereabouts over the years.
(Sorry for somewhat derailing the thread, but this point seemed too interesting to not comment on it).

I love the latest artwork, OP. Especially the latest one. Keep up the good work.
You could move your thread in the Collectibles section (Marketplace > Goods > Collectibles), as it's likely to reach more interested users in that section than in here.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 06:39:14 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2018, 11:14:08 AM by 1Dq

Lutpin: The thread was moved here by a mod probably, I just noticed it two days ago. I was thinking of having it in the collectibles from the beginning, so maybe I'll reconsider that option again.

I just sent Antonopoulos a request on his page making a short summary of my goals and giving him a link here. I would really like to make contact with him and get his idea on how I could put my work to the best possible effort. I also want to start working on larger pieces (I feel at home in sizes over 2 meters or 7 feet) visualizing the technologies, that are vital in this time and context. If anyone here can hook me up with Andreas it'll really help me out.

Also, I haven't settled on the title for the Antonopoulos piece yet. I'm thinking on the lines of "The Bitcoin Prophet", "Avatar of Progress" or "Egging on the Future" (because of the in your face motif lol).

Any ideas?

Darklinkz

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:46:38 AM

I really love it and I want to see more of you work! I hope that someone would contact you to exhibit all your arts so other people will not just discover how beautiful your art is but also to open others mind in the world of cryptocurrencies.
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 06:58:06 PM

Thanks man.
Me and Sha256art gallery are working out some ways of exhibiting my paintings on some crypto event or convention in the near and far future. But priority is getting new links and contemplating new, larger pieces. Currently thinking about a huge battle of opposing forces (you can imagine what that would look like), what do you think?

And we continue to sell painting (presented in this thread) on bitify. Selling them will actually allow me to work on upcoming crypto paintings a bit easier, as I won't have to do other jobs to pay my bills.

Also, there will be jpgs available soon for download for a small fee. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: