Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:34:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC to receive bounty rewards.  (Read 757 times)
Rejinx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:49:35 AM

It seems to me that this is mainly due to the requirements of regulators. Even if these requirements are unspoken

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:25:54 AM

In my opinion, KYC policy helps in ensuring the ICO's reputation. Why? Because it wants to make sure that its investors are credible and have clean records. Ofcourse they don't want their project's to have a bad name. I can also see the point of implementing it to promoters however it can be quite hesitating for them. I, myself, belong to the community of bounty hunters and I would not risk my personal info for an unworthy project, even more to a fake project. So to play safe, I'd stay away from projects that require bounty participants to comply on KYC policy. Data breach is a serious matter and i never planned to include my birthdays and place in those.
But in the end, many are not in to the KYC requirements. Most of them are afraid of exposing their identity. This can be used illegally. For a really bad doing, they can even make kidnap your family for ransom if they trance your overall transaction you are using. That's why I'm not joining bounty campaign that requires KYC.

happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:40:46 PM

I still consider it as a FRAUD  by their team because they know that if they announce that there is a KYC in bounty participants, nobody will join their campaign. One of the fraud campaign that I talk about is PIKCIOCHAIN. KYC is only for ICO investors and not necessary for campaign participants and if they still insist KYC, they need to post it at the beginning of the campaign. It is a clear deception for the bounty participants and they can also do it to their investors.
vitimers

Activity: 58
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:50:04 PM

They might be asking this because some people are creating multiple profile to participate. Admin is against implementing this on the forum registration.
CAPT.DEADPOOL

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

PHORE

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:55:48 PM

I think it's no longer a kick to pay the bounty just to get the reward knowing if other kyc picks are being used to verify in other accounts so we are careful with those who are taking the kyc

sayboo999

Activity: 209
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:58:24 PM

Identification is required often now ... I am not a supporter of this approach. Anonymity is important for crypto
Emilyp

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:20:39 PM

I think KYC is good to stop people having multiple accounts in a given bounty. Also I will suggest that those bounties clearly specify their terms during the bounty campaigns and not after the campaign to avoid some people who don't like doing KYC miss out on their pay.
Olajide Olaoluwa

Activity: 432

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:25:46 PM

For me I would say KYC is good to receive bounty awards because it will help the team to fish out the spammers and those with multiple accounts. It's good.
Casalania

Activity: 491
Merit: 100

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:36:44 PM

I do not know to myself if I am against on kyc or not, but sometimes I find it good and its my advantage to earn more since a lot of users who used multi accounts can be removed, it is also to become fair to every participants of the bounty campaign.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
Marlyn1

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:39:49 PM

I just passing by in the Bounties(Altcoins) section to find some good project and participate to one of their campaign and there's one campaign I've visited and asking for KYC in order to receive the bounty reward.
Actually I've seen someone asking in the meta section about this topic but I forgot where was it.

Well I will just going to give my opinions about here in the altcoins section because I know most of the participants of the bounty programs are posting here.

KYC (Know Your Customer)
A KYC (Know Your Customer) is used to ensure that the people who're going to invest to a project are qualified for example they have a record about criminality, immigrants, etc. then they will not going to allow you to invest in their project,  This was used to review the investor and make sure they credibility of the investor and also KYC is used to fight money laundering.

Now let's go back to the topic. I've seen some bounty programs that's asking for KYC documents in order to receive bounty I don't think it's necessary to ask KYC Documents from the bounty participants because:

1. They don't Invest in the project.
2. There's no need to ask for the credibility of the user for promoting their project.

However I've seen some people are still participating in the bounty program, I just want to know you the risk you're about to face when you submit a KYC document to a untrusted project/program:

• They may use your details to fraud.
• You may be accused for something that you didn't do.
• Identity Theft
• Etc.

Well all in the KYC documents are your personal information and It can be used to different illegal things. But after all it's the decision of the participant if he/she's going to submit KYC or not. I just want you to be aware guys that you should be responsible for choosing what program/project you're going to join.

PS. I didn't say that the bounty project that's asking for KYC is scam or any fraud related, I suggest to study the project itself first as well as the team behind that.... and the reason why they need your KYC document for participating in their bounty program.
I have read an article of a bounty manager stating that he need KYC for bounty hunters because there were too many cheaters that want to take advantages of the situation. One of the modus by cheaters is applying multiple accounts in a single campaign.
rammanbl4

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:41:26 PM

I do not mind that the bounty hunters passed the KYC, as I am sure that I will receive my coins and receive them in full. And all those campaigns that spend KYC inspire confidence.
dtimmy

Activity: 205

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:43:12 PM

For me using KYC to receive bounty rewards is good. Because the management will be able to detect some spammers and those people with multiple accounts so they won't be able to receive rewards.
BitcoinGuruOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:44:21 PM

Kyc to receive bounty reward is strategy and scheme  of denying bounty hunter their reward. There are many rules and impediment already that will reduce your reward if you are a bit negligent why adding more to it?

No, it is not a scheme. most of the legitamtie ICOs has to comply with the regularity laws thus they have to idenitfy their " customers" in order to that. If they dont they risk of getting in big trouble.

Right now the NEW DATA regulatrion is in the place that means that Eu citizens can reqauest Their KYC data to be deleted if they fail so they ar risking fines up to 20 million in Eur
avirdoz
Legendary

Activity: 1191
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:52:35 PM

Fully agree with the author of the topic. Bounty hunters have nothing in common with investing in the project. Cryptocurrencies seek security and anonymity and this completely contradicts the principles.
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 03:03:43 PM

I just passing by in the Bounties(Altcoins) section to find some good project and participate to one of their campaign and there's one campaign I've visited and asking for KYC in order to receive the bounty reward.
Actually I've seen someone asking in the meta section about this topic but I forgot where was it.

Well I will just going to give my opinions about here in the altcoins section because I know most of the participants of the bounty programs are posting here.

KYC (Know Your Customer)
A KYC (Know Your Customer) is used to ensure that the people who're going to invest to a project are qualified for example they have a record about criminality, immigrants, etc. then they will not going to allow you to invest in their project,  This was used to review the investor and make sure they credibility of the investor and also KYC is used to fight money laundering.

Now let's go back to the topic. I've seen some bounty programs that's asking for KYC documents in order to receive bounty I don't think it's necessary to ask KYC Documents from the bounty participants because:

1. They don't Invest in the project.
2. There's no need to ask for the credibility of the user for promoting their project.

However I've seen some people are still participating in the bounty program, I just want to know you the risk you're about to face when you submit a KYC document to a untrusted project/program:

• They may use your details to fraud.
• You may be accused for something that you didn't do.
• Identity Theft
• Etc.

Well all in the KYC documents are your personal information and It can be used to different illegal things. But after all it's the decision of the participant if he/she's going to submit KYC or not. I just want you to be aware guys that you should be responsible for choosing what program/project you're going to join.

PS. I didn't say that the bounty project that's asking for KYC is scam or any fraud related, I suggest to study the project itself first as well as the team behind that.... and the reason why they need your KYC document for participating in their bounty program.

I think the idea of KYC is very strange in the bounty hunting business because it negate the ideals of our great founder Satoshi Nakamoto who proposed the policy of financial decentralization. What the bounty hunters need to do in this case is to be very much careful with their documents because not all projects are valid.

HOMT