Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:51:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice For New Comers To The Crypto Verse  (Read 245 times)
nwaafor (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 10:31:34 PM

Hey People of The Crypto Verse.
I am A newbie to this world and believe that there are tons of people out there like me. As you all know, we are in a fast moving world now that many atimes the 24hr day seem not to be enough, talkless of the time to sift through tons and tons of information available in the world wide web.

I therefore am here to ask all you good men and women out there with a good heart to spare us newbies a minute of your time and do let us know what are the absolute vitals and the do;s and dont's of the crypto world.

I have heard words like moon and lambo, hodl etc, i must admit some of them takes common sense to figure out but what requires genius as far as i am concerned is knowing what to buy, what not to buy, when to sale or not etc, and i also have heard of people talking about getting in on the crypto for free.
How?
any help???
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sinecoin

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:34:09 PM

I can provide some information about trading/investing in crypto.  The first thing that you need to realize before investing in crypto is that prices are very volatile so if prices spike in a direction that doesnt favor you, you shouldnt be too worried because they can easily go up back up just as quick.  Also you should know when to sell, some people see prices rise 300% and dont end up selling because they think prices will keep rising.  This is what causes people to lose some money because prices end up crashing after such a big rise.

center]
         ▄▄▄█████████████████
    ▄▄████████████████████████     
 ▄█████████▀▀▀            ████▌     ███▄
▐█████▀▀                  ▐███▌     ████
▐████                     ▐████     ████
▐████       ▄▄█████████████████      ▀▀█
▐████     ▐███████████████████▌
 ████▌     ███████▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄▄
 ▐████      █████       ██████████████▌
  █████     ▀█████     █████▌  ▀▀█████
   █████     ▀█████   █████▀     █████
    █████     ▀█████▄█████▀     █████
     █████     ▀█████████▀     █████
      █████      ▀█████▀      █████
       █████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄█████
        ▀█████▄           ▄█████▀
          ▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
            ▀█████▄▄ ▄▄█████▀
              ▀███████████▀
                 ▀▀███▀▀
BookiePro▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   BookiePro.fun   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████ █ █
  The World's Betting Exchange 
         ▄▄███▄███▄
        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ██▀ ▀█████████████
   ▄██ ███▄██████████████
  ████ ██████████████████
   ███ ███████        ███ █▄
▄█▄ ██ ███████   ████████ ▀▀█▄
▀██▄ ████         █████ ▀██▄
  ▀█▄▄ ████▀▀▀   ▀▀▀█████ ██ ▀█▀
    ▀█ ████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█████ ███
       ███████   ████████ ████
       ██████████████▀███ ██▀
       █████████████▄ ▄██
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
             ▀███▀████▀▀
   Bet with  ▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆ Play Money

Win Real Bitcoin 
|   5 BTC ▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆ Prize Pool

World Cup 2018 
  Download 
Now
[/center]
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:35:39 PM

I've got some advice for you. Do extensive research before you get involved, and certainly don't invest your life savings. Yes, there is unbelievable potential, but there is also substantial risk in the short term. Follow the markets for a few months, and get in when the time is right, rather than when you first hear about the industry as most people do (which usually happens to be at an ATH).

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
nwaafor (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 10:40:03 PM

I can provide some information about trading/investing in crypto.  The first thing that you need to realize before investing in crypto is that prices are very volatile so if prices spike in a direction that doesnt favor you, you shouldnt be too worried because they can easily go up back up just as quick.  Also you should know when to sell, some people see prices rise 300% and dont end up selling because they think prices will keep rising.  This is what causes people to lose some money because prices end up crashing after such a big rise.

So useful.
Thank you very much. will defo take your advice.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2814
Merit: 574

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:55:41 PM

I am A newbie to this world and believe that there are tons of people out there like me. As you all know, we are in a fast moving world now that many atimes the 24hr day seem not to be enough, talkless of the time to sift through tons and tons of information available in the world wide web.

Welcome aboard.

I therefore am here to ask all you good men and women out there with a good heart to spare us newbies a minute of your time and do let us know what are the absolute vitals and the do;s and dont's of the crypto world.

Shoot.

I have heard words like moon and lambo, hodl etc, i must admit some of them takes common sense to figure out but what requires genius as far as i am concerned is knowing what to buy, what not to buy, when to sale or not etc, and i also have heard of people talking about getting in on the crypto for free.
How?
any help???

Basic principle of buying is: Buy low, sell high. But its easier said than done. You have to be very active and check what's the sentiments of investors around. So for me, if you have the money to invest then I wouldn't wait for the price to bottom. The problem with waiting for the bottom price is that no one  really knows what its going to be. It could be $1, or could be $6+++K (last bottom). Another old adage: Invest what you can afford, so that you will not get burn if the price goes down and bitching around that you have lose a lot and that you are selling.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
nwaafor (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 11:04:35 PM

Welcome aboard.

Shoot.

How?
any help???

Basic principle of buying is: Buy low, sell high. But its easier said than done. You have to be very active and check what's the sentiments of investors around. So for me, if you have the money to invest then I wouldn't wait for the price to bottom. The problem with waiting for the bottom price is that no one  really knows what its going to be. It could be $1, or could be $6+++K (last bottom). Another old adage: Invest what you can afford, so that you will not get burn if the price goes down and bitching around that you have lose a lot and that you are selling.

Thank you Sir.
Very very Useful Advice. grateful i am.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4186
Merit: 4404

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:21:28 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2018, 11:41:30 PM by franky1

trading
ignore my use of market prices (8k9k) just used this post about the emphasis of small percentages and not putting all your funds()eggs into one order(basket)

lesson 1. dont risk more then you can lose/live without for a long period of time EG imagine you spend $25 a week on fast food.. ($100 a month, $1200 a year)
many people wont care to lose $1200 because in reality that amount just ends up as 52 bowel movements and flushed down the toilet.

so lets use that $1200 figure as a yearly investment
if the price of BTC appears at a healthy all time LOW, its a good time to buy.. NEVER buy when its near a all time HIGH.

next dont have it in mind that you will day trade, and then hold out to only sell when you see 50%+ profit
instead notice the charts and you will see there are healthier less risky 1%(~$95) swings happening more frequently/hourly
take this week.. prices move from $8800-$9250(5%) in just a few hours

so lets say you have $1200 dont throw it all into one order.. risk only 5% per order. (emphasis: dont throw all $1200 into one order)
even if you put in $120 at $8800/btc and sell for $9250/btc. thats $6 profit
if you done that 3 times a day,($18).. 7 days a week ($126) within 10 weeks you will have $1200 EXTRA, just by playing with one allotment of $120
and not evn touching the other $1080

why is this important.
imagine you bought $120 of bitcoin at $8800.. but then the price went down.. well you have 9 other 'allotments' of $120 to buy at the next cheapest price.
so you leave the first allotment to sell at $9250 and then use another allotment at the new low. then set that at a 5% profit point

or be even more risk adverse
buy $12-$120 of btc and sell even faster at 1-3% variance and repeat more often .. yes it soon all adds up, and your taking less risk because you then have more spare allotments if the price goes down, and your not waiting as long for the price to go up, because your selling at a less higher %

again dont think a one time trade for huge profit. think little and often and it addsl up over the year. the total will end up being more than $2400 returns without having to wait for one order to go to $14k-$18k/btc

EG
$12 with a 1% variance per hour = 24%($2.88 a day from one $12 allotment) or $28.80 profit a day if you have play with $120.. or $288 if you are using all 10 allotments of $120

which over a year.. well
only using 1% of your funds ($12) to make 1% rinse anad repeat profits multiple times a day($2.88) =$1055 profit next year.. from just 1% of funds at 1% per trade.. while not risking all of the rest of your funds

.. there is alot of psychology involved in it. and also controlling your greed by NOT thinking you can make even more buy increasing either how much you put per order line or increase the % before your willing to sell.

many traders if their entire investment is $1200 would never make an order of 0.125btc, and its why you see alot of order lines of 0.00125 or at most 0.0125btc (as an example of todays prices and the investment example amount) because many of them small order lines are all one person that split his stash up

in short
1. dont throw $1200 into an order and wait a year hoping to turn $1200 into $2400 by waiting for todays ~$9.5k/btc to rise to $18k/btc
2. dont throw $1200 into an order and wait for weeks/months for 50% by waiting for $14k/btc
3. buy $120 of btc and sell for 10% high a couple times a day/week, knowing if the price drops you still have spare cash to buy the new discounts
or if you want to really day trade(multi trade per day)
4. only using 1% of your funds ($12) to make 1% profits rinse and repeat multiple times a day

last lesson. dont forget the trade fee.. if a buy fee is 0.25% and a sell fee is 0.25%.. and you want to do many 1% profit trades(day trading) set your sell price as 1.515% above the price you bought at (as a rough guide) to cover fee costs

edit: while writing this the price moved more than 1% in 10 minutes

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Meysa_richa

Activity: 458
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:01:14 AM

For beginners it should be much to learn and read or understand news news about things that can affect bitcoin prices up and down, and more quickly you should find a mentor who has experienced directly.
vibingpositively

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:13:26 AM

If I had to give one piece of advice for a do and one for a don't they would be as following

DO: Follow yourself and your gut. Research hard and follow your instincts, don't deviate from what you want to do. It will be easier to follow yourself, and you don't want to rely on others.

DON'T: Be susceptible to your emotions and particularly the FOMO emotion. Keeping your emotions in line as well as your money will give you the best possible chance to succeed in cryptocurrency.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2940
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:16:06 AM

what to buy
Bitcoin.
what not to buy
Bunch of shitcoins.
when to sale or not etc
Sell when you profit - buy low and sell high.
and i also have heard of people talking about getting in on the crypto for free.
How?
How to earn Bitcoins
Don't get too over hype much with those news that are coming out whether they are good or not still your own intuition must be followed by doing your own research.
Popular Advice: Invest only what you can afford to lose.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
labilaab

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 01:25:27 AM

Welcome to cryto-world of investment pal  .Just feel free to inter-act with us and do read the every thread and discussion regarding the different coin and token speculation we are inter-acting everyday.By the way in crypto term ,Hodl my friend means ‘’Hold on for dear life’’ lambo means to wait for it to moon.  Smiley

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
Ruffian14

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:30:58 AM

I best recommend to newbies like you and to all newbies out there that you study and research in your own because you will just confuse yourself listening and reading comments here in bitcointalk forums. I really advise that you go study and research by yourself then ask questions about the things you learn that you didnt understand most. It will lessesn your confusion to cryptocurrency and bitcoin stuffs. Most of the members here are unreliable.

Cofee.BLUE

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:46:16 AM

How?
any help???

It is good idea of asking for help to others who are already knowledgeable about this system, that will be good for you. In regards to how to gain crypto, I must suggest that you can join or participate in any aridrops and campaigns. To participating to this it is better that you be able to be rank up first because most of the campaigns have a qualification which is they needed rank are Jr. Members- Legendary, so for now you need to be actively participate here in the forum until you reach the Jr. Member rank. You can also refer to Beginners section, you can gathered there a lot of knowledge about the system.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:52:22 AM

The best way to manage this part is to sell partial quantity like 30 to 50% and rest keep it for some time because many time we noticed that after you sell prices still go high. So if you keep some then you can sell those at a higher price but if prices go down then you got some extra money to buy some later on. I find it this is more useful for both buying and selling all at once.

Since your new to a crypto world so don't jump into some shit coins for faster profit instead go with good coins first and once you gain sufficient experience then you can move to high-risk coins to invest.
almersyn

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:57:20 AM

In starting bitcoin for beginners is a common thing if they are still confused to play bitcoin with what capital is free. I think if you want a big profit in bitcoin but if the free one is not able but can invest here
Golftech

Activity: 2114
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:14:05 AM

You did a good decision by asking some ideas and information about how to well manage your trading skills, as you grow with this business, the forum is the one of the best resources of having a good source what to do while you are still in the process of looking for your first asset, reading news about the project and check what does the people thinking about it, just collect those informative information and try to adopt, practice well and manage your investment properly, time will allow you to be matured enough and gain better observation.

██████████▀▀         ▀▀████
█████████▀              ▀██
█████████   ▐████████▌   ██
███▀▀             ███▌   ██
██▀               ███▌   ██
██   ▐███████████████▌   ██
██   ▐███               ▄██
██   ▐███            ▄▄████
██   ▐████████▌   █████████
██▄              ▄█████████
███▄▄         ▄▄███████████
.crosswise.
..........Next Gen Cross-Chain DEX..........
|   TELEGRAM   |    TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |     MEDIUM     |  INSTAGRAM  |
...SIGN IN...
budismile

Activity: 293
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:30:32 AM

if in the world of trading you must know the term holding, cutlost and others because this is very important. The term holding is used by many people if you want to invest long-term, here you do not have to worry about the ups and downs of prices because you decide to sell the price you want (maybe this way more secure and earn more). the requirement is just patience, this way is often used when where at the time is trading then the price falls. so you do not have to worry about the falling market situation.
the second is the cutlost I suggest this way you should first learn the graph because if you do not have the stock of science then do not do. this way is usually done to reduce the losses that occur premises way you buy at 1000 and then dropped in the price of 900, if you can analyze the price will drop to 800 then you take this way that is sell at 900 then buy back at 800 and if the price back to 1000 then you get a profit and no loss.
that's a bit of me about trading in the world of cryptocurrency.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:41:46 AM

My advice is to start reading and soaking it all in. Here's a good link to branch off from:

http://lopp.net/bitcoin.html

Other key links:

Bitcoin white paper: http://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

FAQ: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6jlop4/rbitcoin_faq_newcomers_please_read/

Safe cryptocurrency storage: https://hackernoon.com/eight-simple-rules-for-protecting-your-cryptocurrency-5cdddc9f674d

The post that started it all: http://www.metzdowd.com/pipermail/cryptography/2008-October/014810.html

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
nwaafor (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 03:05:33 AM

waoh, i am sincerely amazed and grateful to all your responses. every single response has added to my knowledge. i am honestly glad i asked this question.
I am also bouyed and glad to be part of this really amazing community.
Thank you guys.
rodztan

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:18:23 AM

I've got some advice for you. Do extensive research before you get involved, and certainly don't invest your life savings. Yes, there is unbelievable potential, but there is also substantial risk in the short term. Follow the markets for a few months, and get in when the time is right, rather than when you first hear about the industry as most people do (which usually happens to be at an ATH).

Advice on lacking in bitcoins is important to keep your account on bitcoin so you will not be able to hack your account right now that you will also be careful about investing to know it first if it is true or not to do so you'll scum.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: