Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:36:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: There are too many ICO, why?  (Read 3065 times)
chokomenia

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:59:00 AM

At the moment the number of ICO's in the space have reduced compared to few months back, and i think this is good for the crypto space, I said it early in the beginning of this year that too many ICO will hurt the space and it happened as i predicted, the reason why I said so is that during the era of ICO boom, many traders stopped trading and use their trading money and invest into ICO and most of these ICO takes time to list their tokens, this makes few people to buy these new listed tokens because most people who are traders have also bought it during the ICO, I think the best way for crypto space to get back to bull run days is when more people returned to trading, during the era when there were too many traders, many exchanges close their registration for new members, but ICO investing made most users to abandon the trading, and until people returns to trading once again, bull run is far away

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
harley.kitty

Activity: 206
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:07:52 AM

With the price of cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin, ethereum and others continuing to rise, the ICO frenzy is not expected to slow down anytime soon.

One of the major reasons for the explosion in ICOs is that it is an easier way for companies to raise money. Traditionally startups would have to rely on a bank loan, or venture capitalists to raise money for their product. With ICOs there aren’t as many hoops to jump through so it becomes easier for startups to raise much needed capital.

Read more here : https://hackernoon.com/why-so-many-icos-what-does-it-all-mean-a229fd9c8e92?gi=45c7a34bb55e

Basically, the ICO is an easy way to raise funds for companies to fund their projects, even though so many ICOs are made to commit fraud, so be careful when choosing ICOs.
adarwis

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:13:10 AM

the number of ICOs that have sprung up at this time because many projects have little capital to develop the project, so they have to seek donations from many big investors to develop the project, but at the moment it is very troublesome because many projects are scam because of sales that do not reach the minimum limit
wewe123

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:23:58 AM

You will not wonder ,why there are many ICOs project flooding in the cryptoworld , this is because there are many business of different kinds that would go into cryptocurrency technology , so they are making ICOs for their launched projects, so for this we can see many bounties from the bitcoin forum ,that will help promote this differrent ICO projects.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:38:21 AM

There was a time when anyone without even having the basic knowledge of crypto or blockchain could have pitched their rough idea and get 40-50 bitcoins as "investment" for their ICO. Right now, its harder for anyone to even make a single investor believe that they are credible and trustworthy. Not a good time for ICO.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Ziscadas

Activity: 452
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:42:33 AM

because ICO is cryptocurrency crowdfunding, that is, collecting money for something on the side, and in 2017 it became very popular, because in such projects it is easy to attract investors
anatolij.shishkin
Copper Member

Activity: 995
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:46:18 AM

I have seen so many signature in the forum and some of these signatures are good as i have been also visiting their website, btt forum and their telegram. The project they are also promoting are unique and most of it are promising project. However, this promising project will get compromise because the number of investors will compromised with the number of ICO being introduced. So the money of all the investors if it will be evenly distributed the ICO will not going to success because it could not raise more funds that is why i am raising this thread on why there are too many ICO? A great number of ICO's will increase the chance of the ICO's to fail.

You are absolutely wrong in your statement. The problem is not in the number of projects but in their quality. Also, the media work poorly to attract new customers. Think Russian market, India market, China market. If normal projects were covered in the news, the flow of investors would not be limited.

The number does not affect anything. I wrote articles in Neluns. They collected a hard cap. Even more than 160 M $. Good projects find their investors.

And for the development of cryptocurrency in general, more projects are needed. Projects that are directed at people who solve any problems of society. Then you will see the growth of the whole industry.

smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:46:41 AM

I have seen so many signature in the forum and some of these signatures are good as i have been also visiting their website, btt forum and their telegram. The project they are also promoting are unique and most of it are promising project. However, this promising project will get compromise because the number of investors will compromised with the number of ICO being introduced. So the money of all the investors if it will be evenly distributed the ICO will not going to success because it could not raise more funds that is why i am raising this thread on why there are too many ICO? A great number of ICO's will increase the chance of the ICO's to fail.

You have a point some of these ICO is just a copy of the past projects and some also do not have a solid platform in the industry that they are targetting that is the reason they failed miserably, right now over 80% of the ICO are having a hard time reaching their softcap.
3lyntmy

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 11:10:52 AM

caused no one can control it now even government  Sad
z21770179

Activity: 474
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 06:52:47 PM

You have a point some of these ICO is just a copy of the past projects and some also do not have a solid platform in the industry that they are targetting that is the reason they failed miserably, right now over 80% of the ICO are having a hard time reaching their softcap.

They are not intrinsically copies, there are factors that they do not get the attention from investors.
The first is that the project does not have a well-known team in the field
The second is the unnamed interviewer
And finally, these projects are just making money from investors   Cheesy
isen

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:05:51 PM

Everyone wants to make money, and ICO is one of the fastest ways to do it, of course, provided that you do it right and manage to attract investors, and this is now extremely difficult to do.
Strotman

Activity: 588

Bounty Detective

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:18:15 PM

The ICO was a great opportunity for small development teams to raise funds to promote their idea. But, unfortunately, in some projects there is no need for the existence of their own token/coin, and they are implemented in order for the project to have the opportunity to conduct an ICO.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───
Telegram Channel◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Telegram Group◂ | ▸Youtube Channel
Troysen

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:23:58 PM

Because this is a prosperous and booming market, do not remember a 10 or 12 years ago that began the boom of startups, in silicon valley there was big money, for anyone who had an idea, the same happened with cryptos, only as in every cycle, the money is drying up a little and now there is only enough investment for good projects.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:27:24 PM

Well it only shows that cryptocurrency is starting to gain fame. People are starting to develop new projects and make use of the blockchain technology. However, it has a bad effect. Since there are a lot of ICOs investors have a lot of choices to invest to. Some ICOs get lesser funds because of this.
GhostWithin

Activity: 644
Merit: 145

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:32:44 PM

Because this is a prosperous and booming market, do not remember a 10 or 12 years ago that began the boom of startups, in silicon valley there was big money, for anyone who had an idea, the same happened with cryptos, only as in every cycle, the money is drying up a little and now there is only enough investment for good projects.

Excellent example from the past!
In the near future, the number of low-quality ICO will be reduced. But this doesn't mean that there will be less of scam. Scam will become better, because people get smarter.
Faroxx

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:57:07 PM

The thing is, people love money. But more than the money they just love easy money. ) ICO is an easy way to get paid just by saying "my project will be great!11!"and then go to the Maldives.
goku1525

Activity: 420
Merit: 50

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:03:33 PM

The thing is, people love money. But more than the money they just love easy money. ) ICO is an easy way to get paid just by saying "my project will be great!11!"and then go to the Maldives.
They are able to create a nre ICO because they know it can having a good opportinities to earn more profits .They believe this site has a better possibilities than other. It is also a good thing that there's a lot of coin to be launched inorder us to participate with them.
SaféTilt

Activity: 174

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:05:40 PM

Exactly.. There are too many icos. People try to find money with easy way. Because of that they are creating something on blockchain and they try to collect 30 million dollar for nothing.
That is really bad. Because of that we need to do our research very well and after we should invest these icos.. There are too many scam icos. Be careful.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Laxus215

Activity: 244

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:15:20 PM

A great number of ICOs will increase the chances of the ICOs fail this is what happening now but we should also know that we are still in the early stages of blockchain technology revolution and there are so many concepts which can help the society. But the main problem scams in the ICO sector because it's very easy to launch ICOs as there are no clear regulation or guidelines on the ICOs on international level for approval of legit ICOs. Due to this Scam ICOs legit ICOs with good intentions and ambition are failing to raise the funds due to lack of trust and supports from the investors.

Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:17:19 PM

I dont see the ICO number as a problem, the biggest and most important problem what ICOs face is sometimes unbelievably unprofessional teams even in those cases when ICOs are successful.  And also the scam ICOs  , investors just dont believe that they will turn the profit.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: