Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:04:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto related stuff in non altcoins board  (Read 150 times)
InvoKing (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 07:00:21 PM

So, there were a discussion yesterday about the press section and how the news there should be related only to bitcoin.
While visiting today beginners and help sub, i found that ~50% of the topics' titles containing crypto/airdrop/bounty/tokens...which i assume that these kinds of topics aren't allowed there, no? It fits better in altcoin discussion tho.

I just reported 2 spammy ads topics, however I don't think that I will report the others since I am a little bit tolerant to see such stuff in few subs (not all ofc). Same goes for altcoins faucets in micro-earning, few topics in legal & meetups talking about cryptocurrencies in general and some specific alt.
So, what's the best solution(s)? Clear rules maybe?

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:12:49 PM

If the topic fits better elsewhere then it obviously belongs elsewhere. Anything concerning altcoins, airdrops and bounties should be moved to their respective boards on the altcoin section. I don't think clearer rules are needed as I believe mprep has already done a great job with listing all the rules. The problem is it's natural for people to sign up to the forum and see the description of a section and make their own mind up whether their topic fits or not. For example, newbies probably think Beginners and Help means they can ask questions which are considered easy to answer, but don't think about it being in the correct section. I would prefer if Beginners and Help was changed to "Bitcoin Beginners And Help" just like technical support was changed not long ago.
NickCliar

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:56:55 PM

To be honest there is no specific rules pinned and each board , I see the general rules but there is no pinpointed rules on them lime what topic range should be there or some sample of unrelated topic is not accepted and unrelated post will be lock right away to give them warning or notice in advance.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 07:01:06 PM

For me it's very annoying to see so many topics about bounties, airdrops and similar altcoin related stuff in Beginners & help board, but I think this board fits best to make such threads. It doesn't belongs to Bitcoin board, it's under word "Other". It's something similar like we are allowed to talk about altcoins in Serious discussion board which is located bellow Beginners and help board.

InvoKing (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 07:23:08 PM

For me it's very annoying to see so many topics about bounties, airdrops and similar altcoin related stuff in Beginners & help board, but I think this board fits best to make such threads. It doesn't belongs to Bitcoin board, it's under word "Other". It's something similar like we are allowed to talk about altcoins in Serious discussion board which is located bellow Beginners and help board.

No, afaik everything related to cryptocurrencies should be kept in the alternate cryptocurrencies board. For example, in the local boards you don't have the right to make topics for ANN/bounties if there is no dedicated altcoin sub.
The rules aren't strictly applied by mods for several reasons (lack of staff, lack of reports...) but seeing many altcoins topics in non alternate cryptocurrencies board doesn't mean it is allowed.
That's why I suggested once to regroup press, legal, meetups, politics and society, off-topic under new board "society" where you can mix Bitcoin with altcoins.

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
snapee11

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:13:53 AM

As a newbie here I also got confused the first time I got into those threads. Where are the moderators? This is there job right?
How about the rules? I guess rules must be implemented effectively if there's any. Newbies will get lost if these situations will be tolerated
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:50:51 AM

As a newbie here I also got confused the first time I got into those threads. Where are the moderators? This is there job right?
How about the rules? I guess rules must be implemented effectively if there's any. Newbies will get lost if these situations will be tolerated
Moderators can only deal with what they see. They are forum users just like you and me, and particulate in discussions and have a life outside of the forum. If a lot more people reported then we wouldn't see this as much. Guidelines have been implemented, and there's a whole topic made my mprep to outline these guidelines so newbies or any rank for that matter shouldn't get lost and cant claim ignorance when breaking any of these guidelines.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:07:21 AM

Maybe we could have a Press board in the altcoin forum (though that seems unlikely).

I have noticed that mods have been heavy-handed at times in the Press section, so it depends what day you look. Sometimes there's a decent discussion going and a thread just gets deleted instead of being moved to Altcoin Discussion. I'm fine with the rule, I just wish they didn't insta-delete threads like that.

sham100899

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

https://bizzilions.com/?ref=sham100899

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 09:25:53 AM

The best solution for this kind of problems is to assemble some sort of bitcointalk police that will handle who goes against the rules. Although there are moderators, but I think we need a group than can handle millions of users to make this forum clean, we can't depend on reporting someone because some users don't bother to report and we can't just depend on moderators.

MainIbem

Activity: 1344
Merit: 386

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:34:31 AM

Most forum members join without understanding the working of the forum. If you check, the person who posted the topic had not read through the beginners thread to understand how to post and where to post. So such education is highly needed and I recommend that a new rule be put in place for all forum members to read the beginners thread before posting.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:46:13 AM

Most forum members join without understanding the working of the forum. If you check, the person who posted the topic had not read through the beginners thread to understand how to post and where to post. So such education is highly needed and I recommend that a new rule be put in place for all forum members to read the beginners thread before posting.

It's been suggested that when you register you will be presented with the rules, and will have to check a box to confirm you've read it. Yeah, most people will ignore it and just check the box, but if we can just add another layer it would be good. Hell, even if 1% actually read it then I think it's a success and better than what we have right now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: