Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:30:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Microwallet.org - API + free faucet script, start your own faucet!  (Read 114757 times)
marzalpac

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 12:18:38 AM

I really hope the owner is legitimately unable to tend to his business at the moment, and plans on paying out. It just seems strange that he would post a message saying he's about to process payments and then not come back for a week.

Regardless it would be nice if he gave us all an update.

It would make sense to log in and post that they're back up and going to be sending payments out, to get more people to continue to do faucets if they plan to skip out with the money....

it makes sense.. hopefully not a wishful thinking

**Free Bitcoin Faucet 9BITZ.EU - win up to MILLION satoshi every hour ****

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 03:48:41 AM

I really hope the owner is legitimately unable to tend to his business at the moment, and plans on paying out. It just seems strange that he would post a message saying he's about to process payments and then not come back for a week.

Regardless it would be nice if he gave us all an update.

It would make sense to log in and post that they're back up and going to be sending payments out, to get more people to continue to do faucets if they plan to skip out with the money....

it makes sense.. hopefully not a wishful thinking

I mean I think Microwallet is going to run off with the money, and they're just hoping people will conintue to pay them not knowing any better. I certainly hope that's not what they're doing, but it's what it looks like.
ksrinu2006

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:33:35 AM

What MW People thinking, just giving messages that they will pay in 24 hours etc., but no work done, tell the truth, that will u clear the outstanding or not, so that users can get clarity
dhavin

Activity: 683

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:23:30 PM

It's one guy, writing code. Maybe he has a full time job as a developer somewhere too. He's been a pretty stand up guy for a year, and there are problems with the blockchain API. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it's just a problem that he thought he had licked and realized it was more complicated than he thought and is focused on fixing it.

http://www.scratch4satoshis.com/ - 1600 satoshi/hour 2 MILLION SATOSHI minimum weekly lottery draw! Get your tickets submitted!
Werko

Activity: 206

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 01:33:13 PM

New News

Q: Why are the withdrawals delayed? A: Blockchain.info API stopped working basically, so we are working on a solution to replace it completely. (Their API responding with 502 Bad Gateway error and randomly sending or not sending the transaction.)

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:35:00 PM

It's one guy, writing code. Maybe he has a full time job as a developer somewhere too. He's been a pretty stand up guy for a year, and there are problems with the blockchain API. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it's just a problem that he thought he had licked and realized it was more complicated than he thought and is focused on fixing it.

I would probably agree, if he was posting here to that effect and if he hadn't posted it would all be sent out in 24 hours and then never post again and never send out payments again.

But the lack of communication, and continued use of the lie that they will be sent out in 24 hours, makes me not trust him anymore.

Well after all that writing, I looked at the website this morning and it's been updated:

"Q: Why are the withdrawals delayed? A: Blockchain.info API stopped working basically, so we are working on a solution to replace it completely. (Their API responding with 502 Bad Gateway error and randomly sending or not sending the transaction.)"

We'll see what happens. If that had been posted a week ago.... I'd have more faith. As it is, I'm still not doing mircowallet faucets.
alps

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:35:52 PM

New News

Q: Why are the withdrawals delayed? A: Blockchain.info API stopped working basically, so we are working on a solution to replace it completely. (Their API responding with 502 Bad Gateway error and randomly sending or not sending the transaction.)

That is bullshit because 1000 other websites are using the blockchain API without any problems

Microwallet is turning into a scam and is gathering up as many coins of yours for as long as possible
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:46:58 PM

New News

That is bullshit because 1000 other websites are using the blockchain API without any problems

Microwallet is turning into a scam and is gathering up as many coins of yours for as long as possible

That was my first thought. They're just trying to make people feel ok, to continue to pump more money to them, for as long as possible.
NeedIfFindIt

Activity: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:58:34 PM

New News

Or maybe not:
https://blockchain.info/address/1JA4GGzsGbNnu4SksU49YF9FkA12MRVQWN?filter=1

Maybe 502 Bad Gateway is caused because there are too many output addresses.

I've seen this issue with the mass small payments before.

Maybe he should try to send in smaller chunks to all the users that have 0.01 BTC or more. If he is smart he will be able to avoid the required 0.0001 fee.

Then do the same with the smaller amounts ... and for the future double the "miner fee".
Werko

Activity: 206

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 02:04:20 PM

Indeed, I had also a problem with the api.
I could not send a payment, before the previous payment confirmed.

Land of Bitcoin (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 02:15:58 PM

Maybe he should try to send in smaller chunks to all the users that have 0.01 BTC or more. If he is smart he will be able to avoid the required 0.0001 fee.

Then do the same with the smaller amounts ... and for the future double the "miner fee".
Their API worked fine with 138 outputs in the past. Tested with 108 outputs, same issue. Tested with 2 outputs and worked, but 2 outputs are not enough obviously. Anyways, sending the transaction and then responding with an error page is unacceptable so we are working on a solution to replace it. If the test goes well it can be deployed within a few hours.
ksrinu2006

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 02:39:19 PM

See MW People, By updating the website with messages is not the solution to the people, are you trying to fool the users?? If Blockchain.info API is a problem, how remaining website are giving their payouts....see if u are a busy person, plz give me the site administration work, i will do, if u want to go with our users money means atleast give your codes to me, i will run the website.....
NeedIfFindIt

Activity: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 03:14:18 PM

Their API worked fine with 138 outputs in the past. Tested with 108 outputs, same issue. Tested with 2 outputs and worked, but 2 outputs are not enough obviously. Anyways, sending the transaction and then responding with an error page is unacceptable so we are working on a solution to replace it. If the test goes well it can be deployed within a few hours.

If you are using the GET method described in their API you may be hitting the GET length limitation which may vary between the servers between 2kb and 8kb but then the transaction should fail then.

Error 502 - comes most likely from cloudflare. Probably somewhere they have "timeout" value to increase.

Maybe the only option is to break it into 3 parts:
- check the balance of the address used to send from
-- on error - fail
- try to send
-- on error - wait 1-2 minutes and check the balance of the address used to send from https://blockchain.info/rawaddr/[ADDRES-SHERE]
--- if the amount stays the same then assume the operation has failed
--- if the amount got changed then then success - get the first TX id
-- on success use the returned TX

Otherwise good luck making bitcoind work
Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 03:28:21 PM

Ok LOB hope you can fix these issues fast
ONLYfree
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 03:37:42 PM

Hi is alive.. Smiley Im very happy today and I'm proud of you that you back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eulSdeHxmLw

Cheesy

-2: -1 / +0
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!
ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 03:38:13 PM

Exact same problem I had, this is their response:
You can try using an api key with your requests, you might be blocked by our service provider automatically for making too many requests too fast.

If you would like to request a Blockchain API key, then you can do via this form: https://blockchain.info/api/api_create_code. Just let me know when it is submitted, and I will approve it for you.

As far as the double spend goes, I'm sorry that this happened, but blockchain is not liable for user initiated unintentional transactions.
GoldenDrip

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 05:00:07 PM

This is simple. Cool

If MW feels they don't have to be accountable for the bitcoin they collect from people (taking bitcoin, not communicating)

...We can just court order their domain registrar and hosting provider to reveal who MW.
Grin Grin Grin

Afterwards, we can sue him for the total amount of bitcoin which has been deposited by faucet owners and not refunded. His empty posts on microwallet do not make him any less liable in this situation. As far as I am concerned people have directly emailed with no response, me being one of them.

Taking our money but can't respond to an email while the service is non operational is a big deal, not a little deal.

The beauty of court ordering their registrar and hosting provider to reveal the MW identity works in many ways. We get his identity so we know who to pull in court to recover lost funds.

But the other funny part about doing a court order is that in the off chance he used false information to register the domain behind his private whois, a complaint can be sent through ICANN who can (and will, and has before) confiscate the domain name from him for using that false information. But the court order would have to be in place to reveal his info first.

ICANN Complaint Form: https://forms.icann.org/en/resources/compliance/complaints/whois/inaccuracy-form

"At least annually, a registrar must present to the registrant the current Whois information, and remind the registrant that provision of false Whois information can be grounds for cancellation of their domain name registration. Registrants must review their Whois data, and make any corrections."

Read more about ICANN policy here: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/wdrp-2012-02-25-en
Land of Bitcoin (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 05:13:29 PM

Exact same problem I had, this is their response:
You can try using an api key with your requests, you might be blocked by our service provider automatically for making too many requests too fast.

If you would like to request a Blockchain API key, then you can do via this form: https://blockchain.info/api/api_create_code. Just let me know when it is submitted, and I will approve it for you.

As far as the double spend goes, I'm sorry that this happened, but blockchain is not liable for user initiated unintentional transactions.
Thank you. API key requested now.
ryukamiho

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 05:49:42 PM

Land after you finish the problems.

Please start shooting at 85% of the posts here . =D

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 06:19:34 PM

Land after you finish the problems.

Please start shooting at 85% of the posts here . =D

Can you understand why people would be annoyed at not hearing anything? Or hearing they'd be out in 24 hours as weeks go by?

I was visiting Land of Bitcoin and all those websites in the link ring, and since I have stopped receiving payments, I haven't bothered to look at the sites anymore. Lots of people are in same position, but probably don't even know where to post, or don't care to.

All those websites were getting money from ads and hits, and I'm sure their revenue dropped. A couple of weeks without payment from what I think is the biggest faucet mini wallet out there, will probably lead to a bunch of people quitting faucets altogether, because it was barely worth it as it was. I know someone posted the website faucet owners wanted to sue. I can see them getting less hits from loyal customers, not because of anything they did, but just because they used Microwallet. 

If the page had been updated as they went along, we wouldn't be in this predicament.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: