Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:04:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what is Mt. Gox  (Read 160 times)
anon.ph011 (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 03:27:27 AM

i hear a lot of review about this and i dont know what it is so i do a proper research about this. to all people doesnt know about this here is a summary from the google.

Mt. Gox was a bitcoin exchange based in Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan. Launched in July 2010, by 2013 and into 2014 it was handling over 70% of all bitcoin transactions worldwide, as the largest bitcoin intermediary and the world's leading bitcoin exchange.(source wikipedia)

however there is a heartbreaking news in this exchanger they encounter an attack from the hackers and there are many bitcoin was disappear that was really sad and other people think it has a big factor of the downtrend of bitcoin maybe it has.

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 03:56:47 AM

i hear a lot of review about this and i dont know what it is so i do a proper research about this. to all people doesnt know about this here is a summary from the google.

Mt. Gox was a bitcoin exchange based in Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan. Launched in July 2010, by 2013 and into 2014 it was handling over 70% of all bitcoin transactions worldwide, as the largest bitcoin intermediary and the world's leading bitcoin exchange.(source wikipedia)

however there is a heartbreaking news in this exchanger they encounter an attack from the hackers and there are many bitcoin was disappear that was really sad and other people think it has a big factor of the downtrend of bitcoin maybe it has.

You don't need to do a proper research because someone already did it for you specially newbies:

Bitcointalk history of MtGox and how a Bitcointalk post caught the MtGox hacker.

Its a very detailed timeline specially the people involved and their history prior to Mt. Gox Heist. I advise everyone to visit that thread so that you will understand how everything started.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
mustamin88

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:12:51 AM

What I know of Mt. Gox is a currency exchange cryptocurrency based in Tokyo and has provided about 70% of Bitcoin transactions worldwide before suffering major cyber attacks, leading to bankruptcy. In 2011, the price of Bitcoin at Mt. Gox Redemption dropped to a record low of one cent for a security breach.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 08:12:50 PM

What I know of Mt. Gox is a currency exchange cryptocurrency based in Tokyo and has provided about 70% of Bitcoin transactions worldwide before suffering major cyber attacks, leading to bankruptcy. In 2011, the price of Bitcoin at Mt. Gox Redemption dropped to a record low of one cent for a security breach.

What you know or what https://cointelegraph.com knows about Mt Gox?  Roll Eyes

Mt. Gox was a cryptocurrency exchange based in Tokyo and had been providing about 70% of Bitcoin transactions worldwide before suffering a major cyber attack, which led to its bankruptcy. In 2011, the price of Bitcoin on the Mt. Gox exchange dropped to a record low of one cent due to a security breach. Then a sum of Bitcoins equalling more than $8,750,000 was transferred to the hackers’ accounts. The company continued operating, but due to suspect trading in 2014, the company eventually closed its website, all of its services and applied in court for bankruptcy protection. Mt. Gox is subject to numerous lawsuits from its customers because the debt owed to them still amounts to over $60 million. Mt.Gox’s latest news states that enough Bitcoins were sold to cover the claims of creditors.

Yours seems awfully similar. I hope for your sake that you didn't copy paste it, but taking a look at your post history, i'm not so sure... you have a lot of weird posts and differences in your grammar level between posts..

My prediction of future bitcoin.
Bitcoin prospects are a promising long-term prospect. bitcoin prices in the early to mid-2018 will reach more than $ 6,000. He also predicts that Bitcoin prices will continue to rise up to $ 25,000 by 2022.
He believes that several factors will cause Bitcoin to rise to more than $ 6,000. One of them is the increase in public adoption in the use of Bitcoin as a store of wealth and financial investment by 50%. Lee said "We see Bitcoin successfully securing institutional licenses and improving transaction platforms, so that public adaptability is greater.
Huh

Russia's Supreme Court has effectively overturned the decision to ban access to the Bitcoininfo.ru website, after a popular Russian portal containing information and news related to crypto. The ruling sets a precedent for more than 40 sites with similar content removed by Russian authorities over the past few years.

Russia’s Supreme Court has effectively annulled a decision to ban access to the Bitcoininfo.ru website, once popular Russian portal containing crypto-related information and news. The ruling sets a precedent for more than 40 sites with similar content taken down by Russian authorities over the last several years.
Am i reaching here? It sure seems like you replace words in order to hide the fact that you're blantantly copy-pasting (<?>), but this only creates more errors, making it more obvious it's a copy paste?

dangershadow

Activity: 88

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:18:38 AM

You should the mt gox wikipedia - it will cover all of your questions.
Emilstud

Activity: 24
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:07:03 PM

Mt. Gox was the monopole BTC-Fiat Exchange.
Back in 2014 this site got hacked and the hacker stole 750k BTC.
After this accident Mt. Gox went down.

That should help:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mt._Gox
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: