Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:23:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Get-Bitcoin.Com: Reviews Thread  (Read 34079 times)
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2012, 07:53:33 PM

Still no word from them.

SCAM

please write a review here.

http://www.thebitcoinreview.com/site.php?site_id=5

If get-bitcoin.com is indeed a scam, we will clearly mark the listing as such to let everyone know

thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SCato

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 07:59:00 PM

Sent in a review.

At this point ive almost mined 100$ worth of coins on my rig.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 03:40:59 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2012, 03:54:49 AM by Stephen Gornick

I notice the site has the alert:

Update 3/19/2012: Unfortunately, some cash deposit orders made on Monday the 19th may be delayed a day or two. If your order has been delayed longer than 24 hours, contact us at support@get-bitcoin.com for a fee refund.

Additionally, there is a new entry to the FAQ:

Q). Are there special requirements for My Bank Account orders? (Added March 2012)
A). Yes. Unfortunately, we have lost thousands of dollars on these orders, due to our banks clearing payments that were later fraudulently reversed. To reduce the amount of fraud, all My Bank Account orders must be accompanied by:
- Photo identification
- A current utility bill

- https://www.get-bitcoin.com/home/faq

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Choad

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 04:26:46 PM

I notice the site has the alert:

Update 3/19/2012: Unfortunately, some cash deposit orders made on Monday the 19th may be delayed a day or two. If your order has been delayed longer than 24 hours, contact us at support@get-bitcoin.com for a fee refund.

That happened to my friend, who e-mailed them about it and big surprise, they haven't responded.
redneck

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 01:36:49 PM

I use this service with direct bank deposit at Chase and previously Bank of America without any issues. This past month have been no exception. Expect service in 24 hrs usually coin sent in wee hours of the morning for some reason but it is what it is.

Red
gourami

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 05:09:17 PM

i have used get-bitcoin dozens of times in the past few months. they have been great each time.
i've only had one problem and they were quick to resolve it and issue me a refund of fees.
i wouldn't hesitate to use them again and again.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 10:47:41 PM

The service now uses ZenDesk rather than e-mail for support.  That's a good move.  e-mail sucks for support once you try to support more than a dozen customers.

- https://getbitcoin.zendesk.com/

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

¢A$HÅ

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2012, 04:05:29 PM

Quote from: Get-Bitcoin.com
Update 4/12/2012: When emailing us, please don't use an @tormail.net or @safe-mail.net address! GMail will mark your email as spam, and we may not receive it, or be able to reply even if we do.
That's not cool at all. You can't tell your GMail to never block or mark as spam e-mails from the tormail.net or safe-mail.net domains? That strikes me as just plain dumb.

Get-Bitcoin's ordering system could use a major overhaul or two. As a weekly get-bitcoin customer, myself, I'm getting tired of how poor this system is. Every time I use get-bitcoin, I think about a ton of ways I could start up a competing service and steal so much of their business! And that's not a good sign for the future of this shabby company.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 06:07:04 PM

Update 4/12/2012: When emailing us, please don't use an @tormail.net or @safe-mail.net address! GMail will mark your email as spam, and we may not receive it,

That's not cool at all. You can't tell your GMail to never block or mark as spam e-mails from the tormail.net or safe-mail.net domains?

Using gmail's "Not Spam" button you can retrieve a specific message from the Spam folder which will move it to the Inbox, but that is for "training gmail", and is an opaque process from there and is probably won't help much.  Additionally, a filter can be set up so that specific email addresses (like a bob@tormail.net) can be whitelisted (marked as "Never send to spam"), but there is not (to my limited knowledge of gmail) the ability to whitelist an entire domain.  (it will let you add the filter *@tormail.net it just won't actually whitelist an alice@tormail.net with that filter.)

e-mail sucks though and you are correct, that should not be the preferred method of contacting an organization.

or be able to reply even if we do.

I'm not sure why that would be.  Gmail doesn't block outgoing messages (with the exception of them having executable attachments or those they've identified as being compromised and the account gets disabled.)

Either way, ... e-mail sucks.

Get-Bitcoin could easily put up a form on the Contact page customers to be able to contact them without sending from an e-mail address and which can be accessed privately.

Every time I use get-bitcoin, I think about a ton of ways I could start up a competing service and steal so much of their business!

Heh, ... competition is good!  In fact, there have been many competitors (e.g., just for cash-in-mail in the U.S. we lost Bitcoin Morpheus and Bitcoin2Cash market for instance), ... and they're all gone now except for Get-Bitcoin.  So while an exchange seems like it would be something profitable, smaller to mid-sized ones seem to exist more to help Bitcoin move forward than they appear to exist primarily for profit-seeking motives.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

DmanX

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:32:07 AM

I did two transactions with them last week.

Both done via cash deposit at Bank Of America with no set maximum for the bitcoin price. First time took under 4 hours. Second time took under 6 hours. And by that I mean from the time I emailed them the scans of the receipt until I got a notice that the order was filled.

It looks like they are really organizing things better. Going to continue to use them in spite of some of the hiccups in the past. Other than the stress induced by those incidents, they ALWAYS came through. And they always refunded the fee if they were past the 24 hour mark in filling the order.

After doing well over a dozen transactions with them, looks like I'm a customer to stay.  Smiley

I've been recommending them to acquaintances and members of other communities and they are also happy with the service, the simplicity and the fees.

As ever, I'll keep you posted with reviews for most of my transactions so you can gauge their improvement or issues.
phyre

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 07:58:22 PM

BAD BAD BAD!
I got ripped 110$!
All the emails I get back from them all say
Code:
Dear Name,

Your order is not yet marked as paid; I'll forward this to my supervisor
and he'll sort it out for you.

3 Emails from them...they all say the same thing.
Anyone got any idea how i can get my money back? I sent it with Dwolla
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 08:06:00 PM

BAD BAD BAD!
I got ripped 110$!
Code:
Dear Name,

Dwolla sucks. They probably delayed your payment because it is Bitcoin related.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
phyre

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 08:19:13 PM

BAD BAD BAD!
I got ripped 110$!
Code:
Dear Name,

Dwolla sucks. They probably delayed your payment because it is Bitcoin related.

You think thats it?
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 08:24:56 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2012, 09:55:53 PM by Stephen Gornick

They probably delayed your payment because it is Bitcoin related.

There has not yet been a single report of someone's account-to-account payment being delayed by Dwolla when paid using the cash balance from the sender's Dwolla account.  Every such account-to-account transfer that is entered gets processed instantaneously (i.e., within seconds).  

Now when I send a payment to someone else and I don't have enough funds in my Dwolla account so I instead click the source: "bank account", then the transfer will show the status as pending until Dwolla does an ACH pull from my bank (minimum 3 day delay.)  That is not Dwolla's fault, that is the ACH network on which Dwolla uses.

Now the recent change that Dwolla made was to block the ability to send payments to certain recipients until a checklist of requirements (i.e., 30 days since Dwolla first transferred funds from you account, verify to Dwolla your SSN, enable Hub page) is first completed.  But if there is no block,then the transfer is instant -- Dwolla does not delay the payment.

So please, if you have specific information that describes where Dwolla is delaying payments please share the details, otherwise you are spreading misleading information.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 08:28:04 PM

You think thats it?

Please log into Dwolla and click on the Payment activity tab (left side).  Then click on your transfer to Get-Bitcoin.  Then click on Details.
 - https://www.dwolla.com/activity

What does the status show?   If it says pending, then what does it show for "Funding source?"   If it doesn't say "Your Dwolla Balance" then what does it show for Date?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

phyre

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 09:11:19 PM

It sent from my dwolla balance at 4/23/2012 9:42:08 PM
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 09:29:54 PM

So please, if you have specific information that describes where Dwolla is delaying payments please share the details, otherwise you are spreading misleading information.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77605.0

Wanna bet that the balance was a withdrawal from another exchange?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 10:57:34 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2012, 11:44:10 PM by Stephen Gornick

It sent from my dwolla balance at 4/23/2012 9:42:08 PM

Ok, so if the status is "Sent" then Get-Bitcoin should definitely have it.  
Make sure to give them the transaction id:
It will show as: Transaction ID:nnnnnn

And the URL for them to see that would be:
 - https://www.dwolla.com/activity#moneyin/detail/nnnnnn/1

For you to see that it would be:
 - https://www.dwolla.com/activity#moneyout/detail/nnnnnn/1

Ask Get-Bitcoin what they show for the status on that.

So please, if you have specific information that describes where Dwolla is delaying payments please share the details,
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77605.0

Wanna bet that the balance was a withdrawal from another exchange?

Oops, so there is one report of "pending".  I somehow missed that while the other reports ended up not being "pending", the OP's specifically had pointed out as "pending".  So we'll hopefully learn what that was all about.  There aren't any other confirmations of this happening yet though.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

phyre

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 11:38:43 PM

Ok I emailed them saying i did NOT want to talk to a supervisor and gave them my dwolla ID.
That seemed to have worked because about 15 minutes later i got a email back saying that my order is now payed for and i should receive my btc in a few hours
phyre

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 09:09:28 AM

Ok I emailed them saying i did NOT want to talk to a supervisor and gave them my dwolla ID.
That seemed to have worked because about 15 minutes later i got a email back saying that my order is now payed for and i should receive my btc in a few hours

I did get my bitcoin but they charged me the 5% fee even though it took over 24 hours.
Bitcoin Price: 5.1 USD/BTC
Bitcoin Bought: 21.56863 BTC
Transaction Fee (5%): 1.07843 BTC
Bitcoin Sent: 20.49020 BTC
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: