Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:07:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e funding  (Read 580 times)
redsoxfan027 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:07:13 PM

Hey Guys,

What is the best way to fund BTC-e in your experience? OKPay is quite confusing - has anyone used it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 07:12:57 PM

Hey Guys,

What is the best way to fund BTC-e in your experience? OKPay is quite confusing - has anyone used it?
btc-e is pretty hard to fund with dollars.... maybe check out the marketplace forum and see if anyone is selling btc-e codes for trade?
redsoxfan027 (OP)

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 07:51:44 PM

Good idea, thank you for the advice.
Cefalu

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:38:36 PM

yes, and no one seems to know exactly what has happened to their USD sent to BTC-e. 
My advice, and I am currently being burned by them, is not to do business with them in any way.

I sent some different money to coinbase in San Francisco about 2 weeks after I wired money to
BTC-e.  Coinbase took care of verifying my account and then submitted my buy order, then made me
wait for several days while they did whatever they did... and then fullfilled my order, I have those coins.
All the while I wait for BTC-e, still waiting, still wondering if they will return my money.
And Btc rises all the time.

The sort of stuff going on with BTC-e ( and I am not the only one, by far ) is going to go away in the future,
I hope, thanks to crypto-currencies.

Do NO business with BTC-e.
Myer12

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:12:52 AM

yes, and no one seems to know exactly what has happened to their USD sent to BTC-e. 
My advice, and I am currently being burned by them, is not to do business with them in any way.

I sent some different money to coinbase in San Francisco about 2 weeks after I wired money to
BTC-e.  Coinbase took care of verifying my account and then submitted my buy order, then made me
wait for several days while they did whatever they did... and then fullfilled my order, I have those coins.
All the while I wait for BTC-e, still waiting, still wondering if they will return my money.
And Btc rises all the time.

The sort of stuff going on with BTC-e ( and I am not the only one, by far ) is going to go away in the future,
I hope, thanks to crypto-currencies.

Do NO business with BTC-e.
I completely agree they screwed me over by limited my account for a month for a wire transfer even after I sent all the documents I requested and when I was finally able to buy btc they where put on hold for 2 days.
spqrusa

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:41:24 AM

Be careful with BTC-e - don't trust them with more than a few hundred dollars as they are quick to sieze any sizeable amounts of coin for any reason. My account with thousands of alts and hundreds of BTC was seized after I opened a second account which is apparently against their user policy. I even when through verification with the second account and that's when they decided to seize the account with all the coins. Rather than just close my alternate account and refunding my coins, they seized everything and locked me out. It's been nearly three months trying to get my money back.

Their support is completely unresponsive once they have seized your coins. No explanations. No support. No nothing. And, they have shills all over these forums that will accuse you of doing horrible things and saying great things about BTC-e. They seem to seize most large value accounts for the most inane reasons.
Tweeter514

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:55:09 AM

Coinbase seems to be about the only the only one I have been able to use a US account to buy and sell bitcoins on (and they are not cheap).

I haven't had any problems with BTC-e when it comes to depositing, trading, and withdrawing coins.  I use them frequently to trade between currencies, without issue.  Though, I would agree others that you shouldn't keep any high balances in your wallet there.  Not just for problems with their "flexible" acceptable use policy, but also just for security reasons.
findiggle

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:37:30 AM

Coinbase seems to be about the only the only one I have been able to use a US account to buy and sell bitcoins on (and they are not cheap).

I haven't had any problems with BTC-e when it comes to depositing, trading, and withdrawing coins.  I use them frequently to trade between currencies, without issue.  Though, I would agree others that you shouldn't keep any high balances in your wallet there.  Not just for problems with their "flexible" acceptable use policy, but also just for security reasons.

I have had exactly the same experiences, both with Coinbase (great!) and with BTC-e (terrible!). My current transfer to BTC-e is in limbo, but all my small currency trades there have gone fine.

- Findiggle.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: