Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:18:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL has Black Friday SALE!!! Be careful  (Read 7244 times)
RenHoek

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:09:38 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 11:24:32 PM by RenHoek

damn you financial potentials, i just ordered a monarch

Order #BFL-018368269

order_id/111113/

I also play this game!  Cool

After KNCMiner did not want my Money for a second Neptune, I decided to give it BFL ...

So I took the plunge, now a second to order bflMonarch.
If everything goes according to my current calculations, the cards would have to make even something about ROI.

Now hit me already for it!  Tongue

Esst mehr Scheisse, millionen Fliegen können nicht irren!  Cool
For this valueable Tip your ฿ Donation to:
1DNbwKGmQytSY69TuK9fLFQVXQjnVw18pY
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:47:43 PM

25% discount.  Hefty.  I've purchased from BFL before and did eventually get ROI on my order so I can't really complain about them (apart from the many months of anguish at delay after delay).
What do you mean you made ROI? You made more bitcoins than if you have bought bitcoins instead of a miner at the time of your purchase?'
Let me guess. Not by a mile  Tongue
What miner has? Except for the first Avalons, I'd say it's pretty hard to mine a purchase price back (in BTC).

Those 90BTC Avalons are going to be running for a long time before they earn back 90BTC. How much were the first BitFury or KNC miners when paid for in BTC?

The Monarch I just paid for was 3.25BTC. Both the BTC and USD ROI are going to be depended on shipping dates, but this whole argument is pretty much a dead horse.

What do you mean the whole argument is a dead horse. It's not an argument against BFL. It's an argument against miners that are making less bitcoins that you could have bought directly.

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:56:48 PM

25% discount.  Hefty.  I've purchased from BFL before and did eventually get ROI on my order so I can't really complain about them (apart from the many months of anguish at delay after delay).
What do you mean you made ROI? You made more bitcoins than if you have bought bitcoins instead of a miner at the time of your purchase?'
Let me guess. Not by a mile  Tongue
What miner has? Except for the first Avalons, I'd say it's pretty hard to mine a purchase price back (in BTC).

Those 90BTC Avalons are going to be running for a long time before they earn back 90BTC. How much were the first BitFury or KNC miners when paid for in BTC?

The Monarch I just paid for was 3.25BTC. Both the BTC and USD ROI are going to be depended on shipping dates, but this whole argument is pretty much a dead horse.

What do you mean the whole argument is a dead horse. It's not an argument against BFL. It's an argument against miners that are making less bitcoins that you could have bought directly.

Hey guys I'm selling virtual mining contracts:  Full disclosure there are no miners, there never will be miners, I will not purchase and run hardware. But I will provide a fancy website you can log into and a virtual pool that will show your imaginary hashrate to make you feel better.  You can OC, fuck around with fake settings, the entire hosted mining experience without the messy fucking hardware!

Now the cost for these contracts I charge 10 BTC per year, and I promise you will "mine" back 8.5BTC over the 1 year contract, if BTC price goes up you will have a tidy fiat profit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now which of you BFL customers would like to be first?

Edit, actually the time of the contract is up to the customer if they would like to extend the time from 1 year (minimum) to 2,3,5 or 10 years I will not charge a single satoshi more!  Come and get em
pand70

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:12:09 PM

Let me guess. Not by a mile  Tongue

Hey guys I'm selling virtual mining contracts:  Full disclosure there are no miners, there never will be miners, I will not purchase and run hardware. But I will provide a fancy website you can log into and a virtual pool that will show your imaginary hashrate to make you feel better.  You can OC, fuck around with fake settings, the entire hosted mining experience without the messy fucking hardware!

Now the cost for these contracts I charge 10 BTC per year, and I promise you will "mine" back 8.5BTC over the 1 year contract, if BTC price goes up you will have a tidy fiat profit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now which of you BFL customers would like to be first?

Edit, actually the time of the contract is up to the customer if they would like to extend the time from 1 year (minimum) to 2,3,5 or 10 years I will not charge a single satoshi more!  Come and get em

I think nowadays you 'll find more customers over at KnC's threads. They "donate" hundreds of bitcoins as we speak  Wink

darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:18:21 PM

Well, this would certainly be a great time to get a discount on purchasing BFL products for Christmas. . .of 2018.

By then, they'll be antiques and you can make a profit by selling them to a museum.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:41:17 PM

Yep, I just ordered another Monarch 600 with the 25% discount.

Let the flaming begin.

Let's take a look

Monarch: $3510 for 600 GH/s due in Feb.
BA: $4799 for 2000 GH/s due in Feb.

Why would you waste your money like that?

Buy & Hold
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:44:12 PM

It's an argument against miners that are making less bitcoins that you could have bought directly.
You're assuming I'm paying with USD. I'm buying the Monarchs with BTC mined from my SC Singles, which were paid for with BTC mined from my FPGA Singles, which were paid for in BTC mined from multiple GPUs, which were paid for in BTC from an initial investment of a few hundred USD when I picked up my first 5830.

I've already cashed out on a bunch of BTC to cover my operating expenses, as well as a nice chunk to pay off all of my student loans. With the exception of month-to-month expenses, I am now officially living debt-free, something most Americans cannot say. And I make a pretty mediocre paycheck (at best), so I don't have a lot of cash to buy BTC with.

So I have a decent number of BTC that are now worth thousands of USD. Should I just sit on them and do nothing? What if I want to reinvest those BTC into more hardware? I can sit on that 3.25BTC forever, or I can reinvest so I can earn that back. If I make even a satochi more than the 3.25BTC over it's lifetime (which will hopefully be years), than I've come out ahead.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:49:23 PM

Cuz I don't like dealing with unknown companies who haven't delivered anything yet?

I have no reservations from ordering from KNC or BitFury, but BitFury is way more expensive, and KNC is closing their new orders to previous customers.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:53:18 PM

Cuz I don't like dealing with unknown companies who haven't delivered anything yet?

Me too, which is why I compared BFL to BA, because BA has delivered, and quite successfully on time, unlike BFL.

Buy & Hold
pand70

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:00:26 AM

So I have a decent number of BTC that are now worth thousands of USD. Should I just sit on them and do nothing? What if I want to reinvest those BTC into more hardware? I can sit on that 3.25BTC forever, or I can reinvest so I can earn that back. If I make even a satochi more than the 3.25BTC over it's lifetime (which will hopefully be years), than I've come out ahead.

You should keep reinvesting untill you have 0 BTC left because every investment will leave you with less bitcoins than you had before.
Actually i think you deserve it, since it seems that you are into bitcoin for some time now and you still don't have a clue about difficulty, roi etc.

lubah

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:20:35 AM

for laughs I tried to order the 50gh/s from bfl -- logged in and added it to cart - applied "bflblackfriday" coupon - which it took - selected std shipping and pay with BTC - accept aup and hit order now...

spins for a second then web page not found --

retry ... coupon code not valid --- 

another BFL let down.

https://i.imgur.com/lTO60al.jpg
RenHoek

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:25:21 AM

for laughs I tried to order the 50gh/s from bfl -- logged in and added it to cart - applied "bflblackfriday" coupon - which it took - selected std shipping and pay with BTC - accept aup and hit order now...

another BFL let down.

do it with big letters!

lubah

Activity: 360

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:31:48 AM

another BFL let down.

do it with big letters!

tried that too.... same fail
CeeCee

Activity: 237

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:33:25 AM

did anyone of you read the thread title? BE CAREFUL!!!
i won't buy anything from them even with 50% discount!!!
Anonymousg64

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:37:17 AM

another BFL let down.

do it with big letters!

tried that too.... same fail

problem is you can only enter it once

create another account and try again
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:35:11 AM

Let the flaming begin.

Let's take a look

Then look at the fine print at BFL site.

15 weeks from when TAPE OUT finishes. Tape out ain't finished.

That is March or later not February.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
RenHoek

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:04:21 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 06:38:53 PM by RenHoek

Let the flaming begin.

Let's take a look

who says that they Has not taped out till now? you know that for sure?
and the "fine print" is deleted from They site, because was it from july and maybe very outdated.

of course, bfl is a Club of idiots - not capable to communicate With Their customers and not capable to inform people about status-update

Bicknellski

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:11:02 AM

Let the flaming begin.

Let's take a look

who says that they hasn't taped out till now? you know that for sure?
and the "fineprint" is deleted from they site, it was from july and maybe very outdated.

It is for them to PROVE tape out not me.

As for evidence they already REMOVED the info on 10 weeks + 2 weeks + 3 weeks after tapeout.

I do love a company that 'refines' it's pages.

Code:
Pre-Order Terms: This is a pre-order. 28nm ASIC bitcoin mining hardware 
products are shipped according to placement in the order queue, and delivery may
take 3 months or more after order. All sales are final.

Still a nice big WARNING and dates that are clearly stated.

3 MONTHS OR MORE. ALL SALES FINAL.

Given the 10 weeks at FOUNDRY they stipulated that won't change and that can't happen unless they have taped out. They have yet to prove any tape out has happened. 3 months or more is what you need to key in on. Closer to 4 months given their past timeline.  

March or April for the first few developer, friends and family units then the rest that come off the line go for "burn-in" and you will see your Monarch maybe June? July? 2014. If the line for orders of this product is long, people are certainly either, ill informed or trapped in the never ending upgrade loop.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
RenHoek

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:16:16 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2013, 02:26:35 AM by RenHoek

Let the flaming begin.

Let's take a look

who says that they hasn't taped out till now? you know that for sure?
and the "fineprint" is deleted from they site, it was from july and maybe very outdated.

It is for them to PROVE tape out not me.

As for evidence they already REMOVED the info on 10 weeks + 2 weeks + 3 weeks after tapeout.

I do love a company that 'refines' it's pages.

Code:
Pre-Order Terms: This is a pre-order. 28nm ASIC bitcoin mining hardware 
products are shipped according to placement in the order queue, and delivery may
take 3 months or more after order. All sales are final.

Still a nice big WARNING and dates that are clearly stated.

3 MONTHS OR MORE ALL SALES FINAL.

3 months are usualy short for most asic manufacturers!

yes they removed the info on "10 weeks + 2 weeks + 3 weeks after tapeout", maybe due the weeks are gone... and they can release the Card soon!?

and they didn't removed :" to begin shipments towards the end of the year is solid"

Bicknellski

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:18:27 AM

LOL they said delivery was December dot dot dot they also said they would tape out in August.

Have you been following this?

Umm that means they are already what 6 months into this venture if March is the date they think it will drop?

Don't get caught up in their games. Seriously just go buy BTC or FRC or something else or from KnC or take a less risky investment and try Black Arrow or BitMine.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: