Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:12:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is more secure platform in the future, Bitcoin or Ethereum?  (Read 451 times)
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:36:48 PM

What you said about the more transaction a platform processed the more secured it is, is very wrong. For Proof of Work project which both are, what secured it is the hash power and you even said BTC is more secured so why are you bothering asking this kind of questions. There are alot of platforms wit faster transaction speed that Ethereum and that don't make them secured

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
entemeister

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:44:01 PM

According to the principle of blockhain, the more transaction that is verified and confirmed, the more secure it will be.

We all know that Bicoin starts several ago and undeniably the most secure platform up to date  as long as the principle is concerned but Ethereum has more capabilities than bitcoin and we all know that most of the coins that are emerging is an ERC20 type of coin which uses Ethereum platform.

In your mind, which platform will have more transactions and therefore secure in the future.

Keep in mind that Ethereum starts 3 years ago while Bitcoin starts 9 years ago. Also consider the fact that Ethereum can handle more transaction per second than bitcoin.

All these capabilities Ethereum has now, Bitcoin will have them in the future too. About security, Bitcoin is much more secure than Ethereum, recently we had an example of this with the ERC 20 tokens bug.
GsxR150

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:24:23 PM

I think ethereum will do more transactions. Maybe for now the cost of transactions using bitcoin is too expensive, and almost all marketplace receive ethereum in large quantities.
hussnainali

Activity: 132
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:40:39 PM

Ethereum is much more faster and secure network then bitcoin in every aspect as it can hold more transaction per second then the bitcoin and confirms transactions really faster then bitcoin does.
yura888

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:44:29 PM

According to the principle of blockhain, the more transaction that is verified and confirmed, the more secure it will be.

We all know that Bicoin starts several ago and undeniably the most secure platform up to date  as long as the principle is concerned but Ethereum has more capabilities than bitcoin and we all know that most of the coins that are emerging is an ERC20 type of coin which uses Ethereum platform.

In your mind, which platform will have more transactions and therefore secure in the future.

Keep in mind that Ethereum starts 3 years ago while Bitcoin starts 9 years ago. Also consider the fact that Ethereum can handle more transaction per second than bitcoin.
I think that the ethereum has a more reliable transaction system at the moment, but personally I think that in the future there will be even better and more reliable coin

mariangpalad

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:48:33 PM

First the bitcoin doesnt have any good working platform which is why i am going to expect more to ethereum,second erc20 tokens arent too reliable these days as most of these new ICOs are scams,these people are using the disadvantages of ethereum's platform to scam a lot of people giving them millions in an instant.

Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:55:43 PM

I agree with you. Ethereum is a bit more potent than Bitcoin, but Bitcoin is the father all of coins. I mean, think of Bitcoin as the beginning of this revolution and perhaps, if Bitcoin was not born, the coins in the present would not be. But considering that Etherereum is relatively younger than Bitcoin, it may leave Bitcoin behind in the future.
basty03

Activity: 304

0x1b2d294ab6ca449e34F946B86540cd342cF49100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:01:45 PM

Ethereum and bitcoin are the same secured and it's proven by this two coin. And I think it will more secured in the future because the changes of technology.  Ethereum and bitcoin is invented for many purposes and includes the secure if this two coin.
marvtridon

Activity: 151
Merit: 3

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:30:56 PM

For functionality it is Ethereum but for security I would go for bitcoin.. The bitcoin system is very strong though it gets congested.. Which Blockchain known that is working like btc or ETH dat doesn't experience congestion...

CRYPTASSIST.io   |▌  ICO has Started  ▶  JOIN NOW!
THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD   ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:23:53 PM

With transactions it's undeniably ethereum but for security in the future, can you describe more of what type of security is this?

Secured in a way that many are using it or it's entire networks security?

I am talking about the number of transactions that is done and can be done by the network. We all know that one of the reason why blockchain is secured is because it is immune to mutation and according to Satoshi's whitepaper, the more the transaction is done the harder it can be modify by the potential hacker.
That's true.

The point is that bitcoin has more transactions that is done and confirmed compared to bitcoin
And this only means that bitcoin has tighter security or you miss typed it to ETH has more transactions?
There's the same discussion here regarding security and speed.
What is faster transaction Bitcoin or Ethereum ?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
eriwis

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:51:13 AM

Ethereum was created to fix the weakness of bitcoin, and I think it's natural that people prefer quicker and cheaper transactions. So I think in the future, ethereum will record more transactions.
bddbd

Activity: 103

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:43:30 AM

Ethereum chose difficult to store operational problems. If the problem requires memory and CPU, the ideal hardware is actually an ordinary computer. This makes Ethereum's workload proving to be anti-application-specific integrated circuits, and can result in a more decentralized security distribution than bitcoin, which is controlled by specialized hardware-controlled mining.
pimkobai

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:43:30 AM

I think I would agree that Ethereum's platform is much better than bitcoin but I think bitcoin's platform would find a way to upgrade it's existing platform to be able to completely competitive with ETH. I am assuming the the btc team would look into it and do the necessary innovations to make bitcoin still the leading crypto coin in the market.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:49:59 AM

Based on transaction speed or other usability ethereum is better . But while comparing bitcoin ethereum based projects hacked several time . Parity hack one of the biggest hack , then Etheredelta it gone horrible lots of investor gone panic including me . recent MEW DNS compromised again lots of panic . Overall its looks like Bitcoin is bettter and safest comparing to ethereum.
fmboyzz

Activity: 227

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:50:46 AM

The second phase of a golden time for investing in Ethereum and Bitcoin is running out, they both are good and secured as of now. Must have to compare? Ethereum is doing good this year but perhaps Bitcoin is the winner here.
Carisba

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:51:26 AM

In my opinion Ethereum is faster but bitcoin is safer
Hagmonar

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:10:30 PM

I think i will choose bitcoin is more secure and more good than etherium, for now i will choose some new coins which is POS unlike the current bitcoin that POW. I dont like token too, etherium is more popular only because of smart contract and there are so many tokens under the ERC20 token which is belong to etherium.
Jaggi90
Copper Member

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:14:31 PM

Since Bitcoin is father of all coins , it is the most secure platform. Bitcoin had set it's standard and is not going to run anywhere.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:25:03 PM

I think the two of the coins has good technology and there are going to last for long and as far as cryptocurrencies market remains bitcoin is going to remain dominant coin and ethereum second must popular coins.  The most secure coin is still going to remain bitcoin and we are to accept this fact since nobody has been able to break it but we have had many news on how ethereum has been hacked.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:28:21 PM

Ethereum is not, and will never be a secure way to store value. Since it is turin complete, it allows for an endless amount of grey goo areas and unexplored angles for potential exploits that you do not want to have in a store of value system which should be as simple as possible, and TC does not help navigate in that direction. Smart contracts in Bitcoin will happen with sidechains.

Long term, it is yet to be seen if Ethereum has a place to be, like most altcoins. I wouldn't count on it, but then again big pockets seem to be interested in pumping Ethereum, so let's see for how long can they keep it running.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: