Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:03:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN Antminer S1 support and OverClocking thread  (Read 144907 times)
CDCoinminer

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:45:19 PM

The formula for HW % is HW/(diffA+diffR+HW)*100  correct?  

I assume it looks more like HW/((diffA+diffR+HW)*100)  given that multiplication comes before division.
never wrote it down I just use a website. http://www.coincadence.com/antminer-s1-hardware-error/
Formula: Error % = HW / ( HW + DiffA + DiffR) * 100

Thanks. That's a great tool.  This is rather disheartening however.  Any attempt at overclocking results in at least 14% HW errors.

Which is your PSU?

CoolerMaster GXII 750W

Try a firmware update to the latest even if you are in the latest. The try again and report. DO you have an energy meter to check the power consumption?

I had the latest firmware but I downloaded and flashed it anyway.  After flashing the firmware and OCing using the 'chip_freq' 4f81 and 'timeout' 35, this is what I get

https://i.imgur.com/2MHhI0l.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ordenadoresatm

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:52:47 PM

Hello,
  I received today an antminer S1. Luckily first of all I configured the pools to mine through the web and after that I tried to change the IP from the net menu. I saved the changes and rebooted the system.
  But the IP didn't change (192.168.1.99) and, the worst, now all ports are closed! (I scanned all of them and they are filtered) and I cannot access to the antminer.
At least it is minning right.

Any idea? How can I disable the antminer firewall?

Thank you.
ordenadoresatm

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:12:05 AM

Hello,
  I received today an antminer S1. Luckily first of all I configured the pools to mine through the web and after that I tried to change the IP from the net menu. I saved the changes and rebooted the system.
  But the IP didn't change (192.168.1.99) and, the worst, now all ports are closed! (I scanned all of them and they are filtered) and I cannot access to the antminer.

Thank you.
I found this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=452254.0

It should work. I answer myself in case somebody else have the same problem.
allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:35:08 AM

Hello,

Thank you.

Reset to Factory Setting using the small button on your antminer control board.
bolehvpn

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 11:21:30 AM

I am posting this here in case anyone has this problem. I spent more than 6 hours troubleshooting this.

Two of my Antminer S2s had the same issue and I believe it's the SD card inside the Beagleboard that they're using which is a 4 gb Kingston (I'm not sure if it's genuine since their write rate is incredibly slow at 4 mB/sec).

Symptoms
Antminer S2 will not retain settings, reset after reboot.
Or Antminer Blue screen when starting up.

Things Tried But Did not Work
  • Reseating all boards and checking cables
  • Resetting to factory defaults
  • Flashing a brand new image via the web gui
  • Flashing the SD card with a brand new image via a disk imager
  • Scandisk of the SD card (no errors reported)

Solution

I tried with a new SD card 2 gb that I had lying about and flashed it with an image I found somewhere on the forum here (i can't remember where now but the guy had a lot |1|1|1| in his nick name Tongue). Note this is not a normal flash via the GUI but it's a full sd card flash.

Step 1: Removing the beagle board and the SD card:

Remove the control board (the one in the middle) and you should see a micro sd card slot. Press on it and it will pop up.

Step 2: Changing to a new SD card

Download the official image they recommended for a 4 gb (link provided by BitMainTech) via a support e-mail

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9mK2-whJv8cU0Q5R1hIQTJnRVU/

Put it into a sd card reader and use the below app to flash the img to the NEW sd card (don't use the same one).
http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

Replace it the sd card and remount it inside. Give it a go!

If this helped you!
14G2KWbGZkV6TCzdXes4HQJA4Gt5jpAmVP

BolehVPN [Offshore, no log VPN|Accepts BTC, DASH and XEM]
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:28:27 PM

Here’s a little suggestion for those of you concerned with the S1 heating in the summertime.

Where I live, the temperature outside goes up to 37/38C (aprox 100F) in the afternoon and my miners are working in the 55C range during the day, although they are properly cooled with dual fans (push-pull) and an external fan. There’s just no cool air around to blow into them…

So I came up with a solution to prevent them from melting the place down while I’m at work. I created two different asic-freq files in /etc/config: “asic-freq-cool” and “asic-freq-warm” the only difference between the two being the fact that in the first one I’m using these lines for the frequency settings:

Code:
       option 'freq_value'     '4d81'  #350M
        option 'chip_freq'      '350'
        option 'timeout'        '40'

And in the second one I’m using these lines:

Code:
       option 'freq_value'    '5f05'  #393.75M
        option 'chip_freq'     '393.75'
        option 'timeout'       '36'

So the basic idea is to slow down the miner during the hottest hours of the day, and overclock it during the night. In order to do this, I created two cron tasks running two scripts.

In /usr/bin run the following commands
Code:
vi OC-morning
(add lines below)
Code:
#!/bin/ash
cp /etc/config/asic-freq-cool /etc/config/asic-freq
reboot
(exit and save file)

Code:
chmod 775 OC-morning

Code:
vi OC-afternoon
(add lines below)
Code:
#!/bin/ash
cp /etc/config/asic-freq-warm /etc/config/asic-freq
reboot
(exit and save file)

Code:
chmod 775 OC-afternoon

The schedulling of the tasks can be done via the S1 GUI in the System/Scheduled tasks tab but I did it by hand

Code:
crontab -e
(add lines below)
Code:
0 12 * * * /etc/config /OC-morning
0 20 * * * /etc/config /OC-afternoon
(exit and save file)

This will slow down my miner at 12AM and will speed it up again at 8PM. Maybe there is a better way to do this but my UNIX skills are very limited  Tongue

DevonMiner

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:16:59 PM

1. Even at clock speed the miner gives 0.3% HW Error in my other ants it 0%

I have owned many Ants ... and everyone was different .... 0.3% is acceptable in my book ... keep mining ... over 1% and you should get itchy.
allcoinminer

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:22:57 PM

I have owned many Ants ... and everyone was different .... 0.3% is acceptable in my book ... keep mining ... over 1% and you should get itchy.

But problem of overheating can't be ignored. It leads power consumption issues.
allcoinminer

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:54:55 AM

But problem of overheating can't be ignored. It leads power consumption issues.

Issue fixed.
norgan

Activity: 308

Decentralize your hashing - p2pool - Norgz Pool

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 07:05:27 AM

How much does your ant fluctuate in it's hash rate?

Looking at the web interface or using Mdudes antmonitor, how much does your ant s1 fluctuate in hashing speed reported?

My s1 running at 400mhz with ~0.327% error rate and ~2% reject hashes on average 203gh/s but it fluctuates between 235gh/s and as low as 187gh/s.

It's running of a dell 750w server psu and has two fans. fan speed is reported as 1740 and temp is 43.

What does your ant do?

Miner, tech geek, operator of NorgzPool - Sydney Australia P2Pool Node creator of p2pool fancy front end

Tips: 1NorganBbymShTN2MMpfGzRYJF8mcPeXjv Exchange BTC locally in Australia or Donate to p2pool miners
Moria843

Activity: 442

Found Lost beach - quiet now

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:40:54 AM

All 8 S1 miners down but everything checks out ok??

Had a thunderstorm last night, In the morning all 8 of my S1s had stopped mining.

Able to communicate with all through their IP addresses.
Tried reboot from system menu; no change
Tried hard reboot by turning power supplies off/on; no change
Even tried rebooting modem; no change

Everything looks good and I have 3 pools configured but miner status always shows "nothing to report"
Don't get the normal "alive" or "dead" messages

Has anyone else ever seen this problem and any suggestions?

Hot time, summer in the city, back of my mine getting hot & gritty!!!
allcoinminer

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:50:41 AM

Had a thunderstorm last night, In the morning all 8 of my S1s had stopped mining.

Everything looks good and I have 3 pools configured but miner status always shows "nothing to report"

Check your controller and both boards and their components care fully for any damage or smell.
Also make sure to check the PSU's are providing enough power. If you are lucky some component changes may give rebirth to you ASICs else its the last days for your ants!
Before that try a firmware reinstall as a last action. May not work, again, just try it.
Moria843

Activity: 442

Found Lost beach - quiet now

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:49:07 PM

Check your controller and both boards and their components care fully for any damage or smell.
Also make sure to check the PSU's are providing enough power. If you are lucky some component changes may give rebirth to you ASICs else its the last days for your ants!
Before that try a firmware reinstall as a last action. May not work, again, just try it.

I remembered seeing this once before, and rebooting the router did the trick. Built in firewall must have been keeping them from going out to the pools while still allowing me to access everything from my PC on the inside. It's awful having to re-solve things because you forgot about the first time you solved it. Unfortunately, memory does not improve with age.

Hot time, summer in the city, back of my mine getting hot & gritty!!!
rkinnin

Activity: 316

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:27:28 PM

I have six....and I will agree each Ant is different with HWE%.  Three are under .4%, one is at 1.5% and the last two are 2.1% and 2.8%.  ...all are "freq'ed" at 393MHz.   

The three under .4% have an average Hashrate of over 200GH/s all the time.  ...the other three are under 200GH/s.  In fact, the 2.8% miner shows 195GH/s. 

What can I look at to determine what may be producing the lower hashrate? 

Any thoughts are are appreciated.
Trimegistus
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:38:38 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 09:51:19 AM by Trimegistus

I have six....and I will agree each Ant is different with HWE%.  Three are under .4%, one is at 1.5% and the last two are 2.1% and 2.8%.  ...all are "freq'ed" at 393MHz.  

The three under .4% have an average Hashrate of over 200GH/s all the time.  ...the other three are under 200GH/s.  In fact, the 2.8% miner shows 195GH/s.  

Are you using the latest version of their software?

Have you tried to slow the ants down a little bit?

I run my two ants at 393 MHz most of the time with HW in the range of 0.2% but when I slow them down to 350 the HWE drop to less than 0.001%.

allcoinminer

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:14:01 PM

I have six....and I will agree each Ant is different with HWE%.  Three are under .4%, one is at 1.5% and the last two are 2.1% and 2.8%.  ...all are "freq'ed" at 393MHz.   

The three under .4% have an average Hashrate of over 200GH/s all the time.  ...the other three are under 200GH/s.  In fact, the 2.8% miner shows 195GH/s. 

I think temperature is the issue. That particular miner have higher temperature too.
Now when the ambient temperature lowered the error rate is also reduced to normal levels.
allcoinminer

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:14:40 PM

I run my two ants at 393 MHz most of the time with HW in the range of 0.2% but when I slow them down to 350 the HW drop to less than 0.001%.

Yes latest version firmware is using.
Trimegistus
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:13:46 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 09:51:59 AM by Trimegistus

I have six....and I will agree each Ant is different with HWE%.  Three are under .4%, one is at 1.5% and the last two are 2.1% and 2.8%.  ...all are "freq'ed" at 393MHz.  

The three under .4% have an average Hashrate of over 200GH/s all the time.  ...the other three are under 200GH/s.  In fact, the 2.8% miner shows 195GH/s.  

I run my two ants at 393 MHz most of the time with HW in the range of 0.2% but when I slow them down to 350 the HW drop to less than 0.001%.

Try to reduce the frequency. If you manage to get a very low HWE % at 350 MHz you'll improve your eficiency. It's better to have the ants working at a lower freq with close to zero errors than to have them overclocked but wasting power on a lot of errors

allcoinminer

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:41:38 AM

Try to reduce the frequency. If you manage to get a very low HW at 350 MHz you'll improve your eficiency. It's better to have the ants working at a lower freq with close to zero errors than to have them overclocked but wasting power on a lot of errors

Its working fine now at normal HWE%.
I lowered to stock clock and then pushed to 387. Not mining almost near 200GH.
Aurum

Activity: 453

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 05:17:46 PM

I have a problem with my Antminer S2 (Batch 4) hoping someone has an idea.
After powering it I was able to access it and enter network & mining configuration.
The miner started to work, after some minutes it beeped and turned off.
Although I unplugged all power cables, plugged them in again it does not turn on again.

Does anyone have an idea what can be wrong? I assume it is the PSU since after switching it on it stay absolutely nothing happens.
I would appreciate any suggestions.
Regards

1. Have you updated to the latest firmaware initramfs.bin.SD-20140619.tar Huh

2. Are all 4 big fans spinning when you power on  Huh
I've had to simply disassemble the S2s and giggle the wires on the fans and put them back. Also I've had the 6-pin PCIe connectors back out and loose connection because they were not clicked all the way in.

3. The PSU they ship is not up to the task, especially if it's hot or you're overclocking. I replaced all mine with Corsair AX1200s.

Good luck

ghghghfgh
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: