Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:15:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This doesn't mean what I think it does, does it?  (Read 920 times)
IsaacGoldbourne (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Looking to start various enterprises

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:07:39 PM

I'm solo mining with 2 erupters, (using bitcoin-qt server mode and bfgminer pointed to it) and then this message popped up. This doesn't mean I have found a block does it? I don't know what to think but I have a semi right now.

I'm not the luckiest guy in the world am I? I can't tell I'm a little confused.

Vote for me for CEO/CNO of MemoryCoin!
CEO: MVTEceoa86dYRsxc2rWCexBMjJmaawMkHZ
CNO: MVTEcno2tbsJWj7AQEyEjgk72j94hbPHFm

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dominicwin

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:08:17 PM

I don't know, but if it is congrats!!

CUBAN CIGARS for Sale - Full Boxes and Individual Cigars https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299151.0
Austrian GOLD 1oz PHILHARMONICS -  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330401.0
BUYING BTC HERE https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=334920.0
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:09:58 PM

No, sorry.  It means what it says, that a new block has been detected, not that you found it.

EDIT: Actually, it could mean that.  Check the balance of your address associated with block generation.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 08:10:43 PM

There is a new block on the network, that means that the last one was mined. It doesn't mean that you've mined it.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
IsaacGoldbourne (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:11:28 PM

Oh crap, ah well. At least I know its working then.

manuel

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:20:44 PM

I'm solo mining with 2 erupters, (using bitcoin-qt server mode and bfgminer pointed to it) and then this message popped up. This doesn't mean I have found a block does it? I don't know what to think but I have a semi right now.

You're never going to find a block with that.  It would be like winning the lottery.

If you join a pool maybe you'll make $1 per day if you're lucky.  Maybe that $1 worth of bitcoins will be worth something some day.

GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:21:51 PM

lol...all of mining is like 'winning the lottery'

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 08:23:44 PM

Oh crap, ah well. At least I know its working then.
Good luck!

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
IsaacGoldbourne (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:28:32 PM

You're never going to find a block with that.  It would be like winning the lottery.

If you join a pool maybe you'll make $1 per day if you're lucky.  Maybe that $1 worth of bitcoins will be worth something some day.

I don't want to join a pool. I just want to create some heat and have a lottery ticket everyday.

I didn't buy them to make a profit, they are a little hobby and something to show my grandkids in the future.

I would rather have a chance at making some serious coin than make $1 in 2 weeks (more realistic).

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:32:45 PM

I don't want to join a pool. I just want to create some heat and have a lottery ticket everyday.

Damn right!  You and me, brother, keeping the Bitcoin network running even if all the pools go up in smoke.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
IsaacGoldbourne (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:44:57 PM

Damn right!  You and me, brother, keeping the Bitcoin network running even if all the pools go up in smoke.
Exactly, we're not going to make a big difference individually but as lots of individuals we can do everyone a favour.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: