Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:14:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Apple attacking Bitcoin? ($10,000 BOUNTY?)  (Read 2173 times)
Interized (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Coolness: ∞

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:05:45 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2013, 07:22:38 AM by Interized

I always figured if governments/corporations wanted the everyday common users out of BTC they could force Apple, Microsoft etc. to prevent the use of it. (updates, virus protections, etc.)

Yeah you have Linux, this that blah blah blah

NO! I'm talking about the EVERY DAY USER (the people they need). Chances are you aren't the every day user just for reading this message.

Is Apple attacking us?

http://www.zdnet.com/bitcoin-developers-offer-10000-virtual-bounty-to-fix-mystery-mac-bug-7000023632/

EDIT: After some further research I decided to sell off all my Apple stock. They are getting way too fucking ridiculous. I will never use any form of currency they try to create.

Gold isn't the answer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:10:24 AM

maybe apple is just jelly that it did not patent cryptocurrencies, and even if it did, it wouldn't be able to sue the "people" behind LTC/BTC  Cheesy

here's to iCoin on your iOS which is run by an iPhone.
pera

Activity: 532
Merit: 261

­バカ

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:28:49 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=337294.0

キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!
corebob

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:52:30 AM

I always figured if governments/corporations wanted the everyday common users out of BTC they could force Microsoft etc. to prevent the use of it.

NO! I'm talking about the EVERY DAY USER (the people they need). Chances are you aren't the every day user just for reading this message.

Is Apple attacking us?

http://www.zdnet.com/bitcoin-developers-offer-10000-virtual-bounty-to-fix-mystery-mac-bug-7000023632/

Probably.

btw everyday users use Linux. It runs more devices than any other OS if you include Android.

If you like Windows, try KDE. You will never go back
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:07:32 AM

Oh, for Christsake.  Looks likely that it was a simple logical error in setting a compiler flag...very basic and common problem.  Apple, Inc are inveterate shit-heads in oh-so-many ways, but that almost certainly has nothing to do with the problem here.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Interized (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:09:14 AM

I always figured if governments/corporations wanted the everyday common users out of BTC they could force Microsoft etc. to prevent the use of it.

Is Apple attacking us?

Probably.

btw everyday users use Linux. It runs more devices than any other OS if you include Android.

If you like Windows, try KDE. You will never go back

That doesn't make every day users developers.

Gold isn't the answer.
bitcoinpsftp

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:14:43 AM

The problem will eventually be solved.  Do you have any idea how negative it would look if apple was caught trying to sabotage bitcoin?  There's no way they're involved.

DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:27:45 AM

maybe apple is just jelly that it did not patent cryptocurrencies, and even if it did, it wouldn't be able to sue the "people" behind LTC/BTC  Cheesy

you missed the iMoney patent

http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/06/apple-files-imoney-patent-for-virtual-currency-digital-wallet-and-free-stuff/

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
bitcoinpsftp

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:32:49 AM

you missed the iMoney patent

http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/06/apple-files-imoney-patent-for-virtual-currency-digital-wallet-and-free-stuff/

This is quite interesting...  But by digital currency, are they refering to crypto currency?  Not quite sure what they mean.

DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:48:27 AM

This is quite interesting...  But by digital currency, are they refering to crypto currency?  Not quite sure what they mean.

they booted coinbase's app off their store for no real reason...  they want to control digital money flow.   A closed system going by their past actions.

I still have a 4S but it'll be the last iPhone I buy..  works great, but they are going off the deep end.  Same with microsofts xbox one..  all bonkers with control issues

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
bitcoinpsftp

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:49:21 AM

they booted coinbase's app off their store for no real reason...  they want to control digital money flow.   A closed system going by their past actions.

I still have a 4S but it'll be the last iPhone I buy..  works great, but they are going off the deep end.  Same with microsofts xbox one..  all bonkers with control issues

I've always been a huge apple fan.  But after the death of Steve Jobs... I honest can't get interested in their new stuff.  The company I believe will eventually become another Microsoft.

RebelWorm

Activity: 105

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:44:38 AM

I always figured if governments/corporations wanted the everyday common users out of BTC they could force Apple, Microsoft etc. to prevent the use of it. (updates, virus protections, etc.)

Is Apple attacking us?

EDIT: After some further research I decided to sell off all my Apple stock. They are getting way too fucking ridiculous. I will never use any form of currency they try to create.
Probably not. I have my wallets (bitcoin and litecoin) running on my mac. Never had this problem, so it appears to happen to random users. It's just a bug.
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:40:38 AM

good to see developers working together

"Summary: Bitcoin and Litecoin developers have teamed up to offer a big bounty for anyone that can fix a bug that's causing wallets to lose transaction data."

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
Alpaca Bob

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:59:47 AM

China doesn't give a shit.

The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:11:34 PM

I call that FUD news. And FUD thread.
There are people using apple devices with no problem , with bitcoin clients.
The problem lies on this part of the bridge.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Interized (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:43:58 PM

I call that FUD news. And FUD thread.
There are people using apple devices with no problem , with bitcoin clients.
The problem lies on this part of the bridge.

Yeah they just have a 10K+ bounty on this issue because Apple is so in love with BTC..  Roll Eyes

Gold isn't the answer.
jellies

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:27:00 AM

nice title but the truth is turning out to be far more mundane.

The bitcoin-qt developers switched to a database store (written by google, btw) that appears not to compile correctly in terms of race conditions under the architecture (OSX). If Apple was involved at all it would have just been something tiny in a complex product (localized gcc) that was missed and had a knock on effect in software that Apple are not in the business of distributing, supporting, or wrote.

At least that is what it is looking like, from reading the tail end of the topic. It isn't totally solved but they appear to have found issues already.

The real mistake IMO was to switch quickly from one kind of database store to another that was too new on the platform to be entirely safe. The rush to solve the block store speed issues caused a mistake that then made for a lot of hair pulling by a lot of users.

I was one of them, cursing at bitcoin-qt and googling to no good result to find out why starting it up would often report "corrupt database" and then you'd have to nurse it through that interminable re-download. When you're dealing with actual cash the last thing you like to discover is the basic reference software falling over in a heap, over the span of multiple releases.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 05:28:50 AM

Is Apple attacking us?

Well, that's whatcha get for using Apple products.

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 05:33:46 AM

China doesn't give a shit.

Honey Badger Doesn't give a shit either and Honey Badger is really tough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: