Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:55:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie introduction  (Read 428 times)
Hili (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 01:18:13 AM

Hello everyone!

As is obvious, I'm a new user here. I've been a long time guest lurker of this forum, especially of the 'press' and 'economics' subforums. A little bit about myself: I'm a 23 year old student living in Belgium. Bitcoin captured my interest about 2 years ago, since then I've bought and spent some bitcoins here and there. Traded some altcoins.
I ordered two 60 GH/s ASIC miners from BFL somewhere in april/may, received one of them this week. Not happy. The supplied PSU exploded on first use, I now use a modular Corsair CX750 which will hopefully be able to handle both continously.

Today while browsing the internet looking for the most recent bitcoin news and rumours, I stumbled upon the groupbuy threads of this forum. And that's actually why I decided to finally register. I'd like to get in on the action Smiley. But I have a bit of a problem, because I'm a new member I don't get to post (in other subforums) or send PM's. And I would like to ask some questions in the R10 thread by DyslexicZombei or PM one of the groupbuy admins. Maybe someone of this forum would be so kind as to ask the questions Cheesy?

The questions are:
-How is the payout arranged? Daily, weekly,... Any (live) information on the financial situation of R10 once it's started?
-Can I see any live information on how the units are doing/hashing? Maybe a web GUI of some sorts?
-When ordering some shares, do I have to state a payout adress somewhere along the ordering process on the site or in a post in this thread?

Maybe a subtle remark with these questions about how using bold and coloured text in half the OP isn't quite helpful and that this kind of info is helpful for new users Smiley.
I'm considering buying 10 shares and paying in btc.

Hili
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
waltermot321

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 01:19:51 AM

Hello everyone!

As is obvious, I'm a new user here. I've been a long time guest lurker of this forum, especially of the 'press' and 'economics' subforums. A little bit about myself: I'm a 23 year old student living in Belgium. Bitcoin captured my interest about 2 years ago, since then I've bought and spent some bitcoins here and there. Traded some altcoins.
I ordered two 60 GH/s ASIC miners from BFL somewhere in april/may, received one of them this week. Not happy. The supplied PSU exploded on first use, I now use a modular Corsair CX750 which will hopefully be able to handle both continously.

Today while browsing the internet looking for the most recent bitcoin news and rumours, I stumbled upon the groupbuy threads of this forum. And that's actually why I decided to finally register. I'd like to get in on the action Smiley. But I have a bit of a problem, because I'm a new member I don't get to post (in other subforums) or send PM's. And I would like to ask some questions in the R10 thread by DyslexicZombei or PM one of the groupbuy admins. Maybe someone of this forum would be so kind as to ask the questions Cheesy?

The questions are:
-How is the payout arranged? Daily, weekly,... Any (live) information on the financial situation of R10 once it's started?
-Can I see any live information on how the units are doing/hashing? Maybe a web GUI of some sorts?
-When ordering some shares, do I have to state a payout adress somewhere along the ordering process on the site or in a post in this thread?

Maybe a subtle remark with these questions about how using bold and coloured text in half the OP isn't quite helpful and that this kind of info is helpful for new users Smiley.
I'm considering buying 10 shares and paying in btc.

Hili

"The supplied PSU exploded on first use". I would really love to see some picture please...

Hili (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 01:24:40 AM

Well, it isn't really that spectacular. It was when it 'exploded'. When I plugged in the cable it gave a loud bang and a whole lot of smoke, a good replacement for a smoke machine.
But if I would take a picture, you would see a crappy bfl psu like any other. It's not like it exploded in a thousand pieces.
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 05:29:15 AM

hello and welcome to the forum

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
zakorus

Activity: 736
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:33:34 AM

im also new. ive lurked for pretty much a whole year without signing up or posting... mostly in alternate cryptos forum. welcome and gl. =)

▄▀▀▀▄
                  █▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀ ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄
                         █▀▀▀
                        ▄▀▀▀▀
                      ▄▀
                ▄█▀▀▀█▄
                ██████
                ▀█▄▄▄█▀

█████      █████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐█████  █████████
  ███       ███  ▐███▌  ███     ███  ▀▀
  ███       ▐██▌ █████ ▐██▌     █████