Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:44:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to delete pending transactions.  (Read 3086 times)
escrow.ms (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:47:14 PM

I have received a payment which is not confirmed yet, and by mistake i have made 2 payments which are showing as "pending" now, is there any way to delete them?

This is the unconfirmed transaction i have received in morning.
https://blockchain.info/tx/d2d1a0d19fb587d3eaf510b5adf46bc6b07da6bc56736171c0be1d5c5e97499d

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iceTwy

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 09:52:24 PM

As far as I am aware, it is impossible to delete a transaction you have sent. Doing so would require deleting the transaction from the Bitcoin blockchain.

Even though the current status of the TXs is "Pending", both have been sent. Both TXs now need some more confirmations from other Bitcoin clients before they appear as validated on Electrum.
escrow.ms (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:00:27 PM

As far as I am aware, it is impossible to delete a transaction you have sent. Doing so would require deleting the transaction from the Bitcoin blockchain.

Even though the current status of the TXs is "Pending", both have been sent. Both TXs now need some more confirmations from other Bitcoin clients before they appear as validated on Electrum.

Nope, you are wrong.
Tx can be deleted as long as its not confirmed.
Pending transaction  = pending for broadcast on network.

If you check my blockchain link of that 0.315 transaction, you will get error now.
Because one of the input of that transaction was a tiny dust amount from a faucet and was probably sent via blockchain.info (api). After 2 days blockchain.info stopped broadcasting that uncofirmed transaction and rest 2 transaction became invalid and got removed automatically.
wingsuit

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

2100 trillion sats baby

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:00:09 AM

Pending transaction  = pending for broadcast on network.

It doesn't, it means waiting on confirmations. It has already been broadcast.

FLY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: