Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:38:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] Moving Forward/Resolution Process  (Read 291886 times)
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:21:23 PM

I dont believe the sec is calling somebody in this case... they might send a formal letter or invite you to ask their questions

They did. And I'm not the only one who was contacted either. Search these forums. There was someone else who got a call that posted too.

Wait, the SEC called you a few weeks ago about Ukyo, and you didn't think it was newsworthy enough to mention until now?

I hadn't decided whether I was going to talk about it publicly or not at the time. Especially since they are likely reading everything that is written here.

Did they tell you not to discuss the matter?  Were you sworn to secrecy?  Are you risking your life by disclosing this information now?  I'm really interested in learning how TLAs work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:26:26 PM

I dont believe the sec is calling somebody in this case... they might send a formal letter or invite you to ask their questions

They did. And I'm not the only one who was contacted either. Search these forums. There was someone else who got a call that posted too.

Wait, the SEC called you a few weeks ago about Ukyo, and you didn't think it was newsworthy enough to mention until now?

I hadn't decided whether I was going to talk about it publicly or not at the time. Especially since they are likely reading everything that is written here.

Did they tell you not to discuss the matter?  Were you sworn to secrecy?  I'm really interested in learning how TLAs work.

No, they didn't say anything about it being a secret. They are simply collecting information for an investigation. That said, I thought it would have be rather crude of me to immediately go jump on the internet and post "omg, the SEC just called me," especially while I was still in communication with them.

I'd like to stay on their good side as I think they actually could be helpful in the worst case scenario where we don't get any of our coins back.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:36:04 PM

I didn't post about this after they called.

How do you know it was SEC? Did they prove they were really SEC?

I did my own research on the people I talked to and I also communicated with them via e-mail.

Pretty hard to forge a sec.gov e-mail address.
No. It's simple to forge.

Actually - anyone can email from bill.gates@microsoft.com if they want ...

The thing you would need to check is the appropriate part of the email header stating where the email came from ... and understand how to check that ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
mgio

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:41:01 PM

I did my own research on the people I talked to and I also communicated with them via e-mail.

The thing you would need to check is the appropriate part of the email header stating where the email came from ... and understand how to check that ...

Yes, I know, but they actually called me first, gave me their e-mail addresses and I e-mailed them.
mgio

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:43:10 PM

Yes, I know, but they actually called me first, gave me their e-mail addresses and I e-mailed them.

In other words, it would be tricky for you to tell me, "hey, send me an e-mail at kano@sec.gov" and let's talk" and expect it to work
kano
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:48:31 PM

In other words, it would be tricky for you to tell me, "hey, send me an e-mail at kano@sec.gov" and let's talk" and expect it to work

If it's a windows computer ... not that hard at all actually.
The right steps in the process will produce the wanted results.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
mgio

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:49:50 PM

If it was a scam, I don't understand what the point of it was. Mostly everything I told them I had already said on the forums here. They just asked me about my bitfunder transactions and if I would like their page on facebook.
crumbs

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:54:19 PM

Did they tell you not to discuss the matter?  Were you sworn to secrecy?  I'm really interested in learning how TLAs work.

No, they didn't say anything about it being a secret. They are simply collecting information for an investigation. That said, I thought it would have be rather crude of me to immediately go jump on the internet and post "omg, the SEC just called me," especially while I was still in communication with them.

I'd like to stay on their good side as I think they actually could be helpful in the worst case scenario where we don't get any of our coins back.

This makes absolutely no sense.  If i was questioned by a government agency, and was not asked to keep silent, i would not find it "crude" to speak about it to other people involved in this mess.  I'd probably feel somewhat obligated to do so.  "OMG, teh SEC called me" would be pretty much the TL;DR of that.
What made you decide to talk about it now, and would you care to share any details?  There's coin on the line here.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:00:25 PM

If it was a scam, I don't understand what the point of it was. Mostly everything I told them I had already said on the forums here. They just asked me about my bitfunder transactions and if I would like their page on facebook.

OK so basically, your saying that the SEC tracked you down to get a like on their facebook page.
Glad we cleared that up.

Anyway,
the point I'm making is simply that if one was to use your statement of an sec email address as proof of anything, that could be a mistake to do that.

mgio

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:03:05 PM

OK so basically, your saying that the SEC tracked you down to get a like on their facebook page.
Glad we cleared that up.

Anyway,
the point I'm making is simply that if one was to use your statement of an sec email address as proof of anything, that could be a mistake to do that.

I was joking about the facebook part, lol.
mgio

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:10:16 PM

Glad we cleared that up.

Anyway,

Out of curiosity, what would you have asked them for to prove their identity?
crumbs

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:14:05 PM

Glad we cleared that up.

Anyway,

I would have asked for an agent at my door with ID.  Assuming that government officials id themselves via email ping-pong is absurd.
P.S:  If your bank calls, please don't hand out your account info -- IT'S A TRAP!!1!
kano
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:21:53 PM

Glad we cleared that up.

Anyway,

An email from them firstly.
I could prove to myself their identity from their email being sent to me ... since I know exactly how to verify an email header sent to me and I run email servers that allow me to fully verify email sources and destinations ... before the message even got to my desktop.

In your case, I have no idea of your ability to do that or of the security of your desktop to avoid compromise.

But I certainly would not provide them with any details about myself without some other proof like: who I should direct my call to when I call them back on the SEC listed govt phone number ...

Anyway, this discussion has gone beyond the point required in here.
The point being as I said quoted above.

ABitInterested

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 12:08:03 AM

Nope, not saying in anyway that laws were not broken. They obviously were, and we all knew that when we invested our coins! What I am saying is he is not alone in this endeavor, he has a partner everyone seems to forget about, and the quickest link to follow from the site to law enforcement would be via the website and business registration.

That said, any involvement of SEC or ASIC will more than likely not result in any of your funds being returned to you. ASIC actually states that you would need to attempt that on your own.

If people are not willing to try and legally get their funds back, and also are unwilling to pursue the criminal route, continued posting here is pointless.

Actually, I talked to the SEC a few weeks ago (they called me, I did not call them!) and they said that if they discovered any fraud they would do their best to return money to the investors. So, yes, the SEC will help you out, but it will likely take a long time.

Personally, I would get a lawyer for faster results if you are inclined, but I've decided to wait a little bit more and see what happens first. I still have faith that Ukyo will come up with some kind of plan and I appreciate everything Neo&Bee is doing to help this situation.

This is such a bullshit anyone who lived through Fulltilt black friday saga (poker room seized by US gov) could tell you about how they will return your money. And that was US dollars not some 10x more challenging crypto currency. I think its close to 4 years now and nobody saw a penny from them and they are just cutting people left and right for most stupid reasons.

I dont want any involvement of government in this as of now.

Thanks for reminding me about that. I knew I never liked Howard Lederer for some reason.
g83

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 07:44:09 AM

So do you believe that we get our coins back this year ?

The process of receiving them will start this week.

I ask myself what amount can be paid back THIS WEEK - or does "the process of receiving" just mean
you are preparing something this week and the payouts will come later ?

An estimation of the percentage of funds available atm would be nice..
lolstate

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:52:38 AM

I was joking about the facebook part, lol.

That's unfortunate, because if you insisted this was true, I'd be more likely to believe the story  Grin
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 01:02:15 PM

So do you believe that we get our coins back this year ?

The process of receiving them will start this week.

I ask myself what amount can be paid back THIS WEEK - or does "the process of receiving" just mean
you are preparing something this week and the payouts will come later ?

An estimation of the percentage of funds available atm would be nice..

The process of receiving will start this week, so you might want to stock up on astroglide
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 01:07:39 PM

Apologies for the slight delay in getting this information out.

Jon (Ukyo) is now here with me in Cyprus to ensure this problem is resolved for everyone involved.

The bitcoins are simply not there anymore, we are continuing to work through the implementation of a number of solutions to correct the issue. We are hoping to have one of many very important announcements before the Christmas holidays that will enable the bitcoins to be returned to those that are owed, however the run up to the holiday period may cause delays in some aspects.

The solution will take time to pay everyone in full however, there will be no preferential payments and the payments will be distributed proportionally.

A full explanation as to why the bitcoins are no longer there, will be provided as soon as we possibly can.

Neo & Bee has no exposure to the liabilities of WeExchange. The solution will enable Neo & Bee and all of those involved in Bitcoin to benefit greatly in the future.

"The bitcoins are simply not there anymore" -
is not a good excuse and some people are getting VERY angry over this.
Please solve the issues before 1 JAN 2014. I also have some coins in WEX and I need them pronto.

btct22

Activity: 615
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:03:06 PM

Not much of the week left..  Anyone been paid back yet?.. WTF.. I'm so angry that I trusted my ID with these clowns just days before this stupid f**king meltdown.
WeexUser

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:16:35 PM

Not much of the week left..  Anyone been paid back yet?.. WTF..

They never said that we were going to be paid back this week..

They did say, however, that some coins will be distributed this Friday:
There is a tiny amount of BTC in the wallets, however by this Friday there will be access to these coins, distributed on a proportional basis.

Also note the "this Friday there will be access to these coins"-part. To me this signify that they for some reason couldn't do this earlier because of some legal dispute.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: