Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:10:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] Moving Forward/Resolution Process  (Read 291882 times)
krimsonkla

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 09:04:33 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 09:15:58 PM by krimsonkla

Well said Klee! Did you know someone started a popularity voting booth for him? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=311309.0

Also an interesting note on the troll.. He has yet, as far as I can find, to have added his funds to the list. Just trolling? Based on other threads, I would guess so...

Think more negative trust is in order... Next? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=127503

Ahh, the ignore button is AWESOME!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 09:16:44 PM

Roll Eyes

PunkKate again lol!

Hey Kate I know you read this, your anus is itching again? What a crazy whore you are..

Not interested in drag queens thanks...
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 09:24:43 PM

More inaccuracies i'd like to clear up:
The reason behind my pressing the point of exactly who is involved -- NeoBee or Danny -- is there's a world of difference, not just the salaries drawn by the employees.
Initially, Danny claimed that NeoBee is behind this -- a corporation with its corporate coffers.  Later, he recanted by claiming that only he, Danny, an individual, is behind this -- not the corporation he fronts.
If Danny is as savvy in finance as i assume him to be, he structured his finances in a way as to be worth nothing on paper.  If this comes down to litigation, there will be simply nothing to pursue with NeoBee coffers off the table.  This is why i wanted him to answer my question.  He led people to think that NeoBee was behind this, but in reality it's only him -- a point you still seem to be ignoring.

I do not know what Danny is doing to help Ukyo, and neither do you, so the remainder is nothing but conjecture.

...and this is why we can't have nice things Sad

Yes, its a bit confusing who is helping ukyo. I guess first he wanted to promote NEOBEE by setting it behind the thing and planned to come out as the hero who saved all... in order to promote NEOBEE. When he found that it wont work this way and people started to ask if NEOBEE will be damaged from it he claimed NEOBEE isnt involved. Its only him privately helping.

Regardless of that... there is no legal reason you can put your hands in Danny's or NEOBEE's pockets to take bitcoins out. There is simply no legal responsibility they have against ukyo and that way to each weexchange user. They never announced there is such liability.

I think they might helped too because NEOBEE has some Bitcoins in weexchange wallet. Another reason most probably is that NEOBEE is the company that will take over weexchange. The big buyer ukyo spoke about. All together led to the point that NEOBEE jumped in to help. Though i cant explain why someone should buy weexchange. The more when you see its damaged.

If the trade was done already then youre right. But NEOBEE would be stupid if it would have bought weexchange when problems occur. If they didnt buy it then there is simply no legal way to take their bitcoins. I think we are restricted to ukyo as of now. And im really interested to hear the explaination...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:07:01 PM

if forums become obsolete!
what does that even mean

Ill translate this for you: crumbs would be suicidal without his hobby

Kosmatos

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:26:47 PM

When we are able, we will announce more details on what is being done to repay the remaining coins that are owed to WeExchange.co users.

In the above quote, Danny is stating that there will be something done to replay the remaining coins above the 386 that are still available. He has clearly set expectations that something (presumably useful) will be done to get our full amounts back. Based on that, some of us are going to be more patient.

DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:52:01 PM

Can you lot keep this somewhat on-topic?

I just trawled through 2 pages of shit and learned nothing new  Cheesy

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
roussillon

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:59:35 PM

Not good news at all.
Hope to quickly knew the % of stolen/lost BTC.

In my case I need to reset my 2FA for BF and weechange since 6 week.
Many mant ask and no response ... it's sad  Cry
a try to mail at support@weexchange.co ... connect to Bitfunder channel on IRC in order to contact Ukyo => No response in more than 20 asking time ...  Cry

If you have any idea of how to reset my 2FA i will be very glad

PS : Today on IRC channel :
!seen Ukyo
[23:13] <+gribble> Ukyo was last seen in #bitfunder 5 days, 12 hours, 33 minutes, and 32 seconds ago: <Ukyo> The NeoBee office is really nice. There are a lot of staff here.
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:13:40 PM

Hope to quickly knew the % of stolen/lost BTC.

+1

More signal, less noise, thanks Wink
JaredR26

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:34:14 AM

As was announced earlier, most of the coins that were stored in WeExchange.co are now gone. We are still limited in what we can share about how that happened, and what is being done about it, but we do have some updates.

There are still approximately 386btc available in the wallets. These coins will be paid proportionally to all owed users, based on current user balances, by Monday night.

All old withdrawal requests will be removed and each user will need to initiate new withdrawals when this new balance is ready.

Full instructions on how to access the site to process these withdrawals will be provided by 5pm (GMT+2) on Monday 16th December, when you should be able to withdraw the portion of available funds allotted to your account.

This is far from ideal, but it gets every satoshi that is available to those with outstanding balances. When we are able, we will announce more details on what is being done to repay the remaining coins that are owed to WeExchange.co users.

Does this mean that all of your previous claims that every user will get all of their BTC back are now incorrect, and every user will not get all of their BTC back?

Does this affect BTC that were 'stored' on bitfunder, but not yet 'transferred' to weex?

To get our appropriate portion, do we need to initiate a transfer from Bitfunder to Weex and initiate the full transfer out, or should we leave the untouched coins in bitfunder??

Thanks
MilkyLep

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:49:50 AM

Does this affect BTC that were 'stored' on bitfunder, but not yet 'transferred' to weex?

To get our appropriate portion, do we need to initiate a transfer from Bitfunder to Weex and initiate the full transfer out, or should we leave the untouched coins in bitfunder??

Thanks

Any BTC you sent to BF never left WeEx, it was "stored" on WeEx regardless. You only linked your BitFunder account to your WeEx account's wallet.

All funds from BitFunder accounts were "transferred" to their respected WeEx accounts a week or so ago.

Either you own the bitcoins(private keys) or you don't. However with moneroj, nobody knows what you own.
Secure. Private. Untraceable.
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:00:22 AM

All funds from BitFunder accounts were "transferred" to their respected WeEx accounts a week or so ago.

It's still insolvent and BF is the same as WeEx as far as I'm concerned. Not even inserting a raw notice on the website about the situation is not reinsuring to say the least, although desperately usual in Bitcoin landscape. Sigh.

Let's wait until Monday and see how we move forward...
PeterHarrisonCY

Activity: 57

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 01:31:01 AM

Don't feed the troll: I propose that from hereon out, this post being the last, not replying to anything crumbs has to say, even on the rare occasions that he actually has something valuable to say. Does everyone agree to this?
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:46:12 AM

What I want to know that any identity documents I sent to bitfunder and weexchange will be destroyed?

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
MilkyLep

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:48:47 AM

What I want to know that any identity documents I sent to bitfunder and weexchange will be destroyed?

Another question I've been waiting to see answered. Seems to be continually danced around or ignored.

Either you own the bitcoins(private keys) or you don't. However with moneroj, nobody knows what you own.
Secure. Private. Untraceable.
tomywomy

Activity: 57
Merit: 27

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:53:32 PM

Another question I've been waiting to see answered. Seems to be continually danced around or ignored.

I feel really bad for you guys who have uploaded identity documents to bitfunder or weExchange and urge you take the necessary steps in your country to prevent such documents being used to issue credit or additional forms of identity.  First things you should do are : 1) check with your post offices to see if anyone has filed a "change of address" or mail forwarding form for your mailing address; 2) check with credit rating agency in your country which credit checks have been performed on you since you uploaded the file.  You may need to say that you are suspicious of identity theft because copies of your identification documents came into the possession of someone who is no longer in communication with you and who you have reason to believe is not honest.  You should lastly also check with your governments to see if any change of addresses have been filed with them.

You should do the above immediately.  If identity theft is going on you might not find out for a long time - you'd only find out when you are denied all credit. 

I am not in US or Europe, so I advise you find out what the best way is to deal with this threat in your jurisdiction immediately and take appropriate action. 

Even if Ukyo suddenly shows up and makes a promise not to seek credit using your identity, why should you believe him given what has gone on here.

And before his apologists show up to chime in and say he would't be involved in this - why on earth should anyone accept your advice here - you're at best naive and at worst somehow in cahoots with this long-standing, unresolved and unacceptably disclosed situation where millions of dollars have disappeared and securities are tied up with their dividends withheld.
moribana

Activity: 167

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:57:40 PM

I feel really bad for you guys who have uploaded identity documents to bitfunder or weExchange and urge you take the necessary steps in your country to prevent such documents being used to issue credit or additional forms of identity.  First things you should do are : 1) check with your post offices to see if anyone has filed a "change of address" or mail forwarding form for your mailing address; 2) check with credit rating agency in your country which credit checks have been performed on you since you uploaded the file.  You may need to say that you are suspicious of identity theft because copies of your identification documents came into the possession of someone who is no longer in communication with you and who you have reason to believe is not honest.  You should lastly also check with your governments to see if any change of addresses have been filed with them.

You should do the above immediately.  If identity theft is going on you might not find out for a long time - you'd only find out when you are denied all credit. 

I am not in US or Europe, so I advise you find out what the best way is to deal with this threat in your jurisdiction immediately and take appropriate action. 

Even if Ukyo suddenly shows up and makes a promise not to seek credit using your identity, why should you believe him given what has gone on here.

And before his apologists show up to chime in and say he would't be involved in this - why on earth should anyone accept your advice here - you're at best naive and at worst somehow in cahoots with this long-standing, unresolved and unacceptably disclosed situation where millions of dollars have disappeared and securities are tied up with their dividends withheld.

I do not quite understand this. In the country I live in, you need the original documents to do any of the things you described. You cannot do anything with a photocopy of an ID.
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:49:46 PM

I do not quite understand this. In the country I live in, you need the original documents to do any of the things you described. You cannot do anything with a photocopy of an ID.

And that's why identity theft never works.
kost

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:39:56 PM

+1

Users need assurance that every personal document is destroyed together with (any) backup copies.
g83

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 07:41:10 AM

+1

Users need assurance that every personal document is destroyed together with (any) backup copies.

How do you want to make sure they destroyed our documents - this is impossible..
kost

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:48:22 AM

How do you want to make sure they destroyed our documents - this is impossible..

Agree, but at least this would help:
1. Statement that it is destroyed an what method was used
2. Statement that WeEx does not have any other copies than it was destroyed.
3. cosigned statement of 3rd party (witness) that it was done as it was said in 1)

My $0.02

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: