Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:08:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Real value crypto coins  (Read 902 times)
waver (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:23:12 AM

I am writing to discuss the direction I believe alt coins should be heading in general.

As you know there are MANY cryptocoins out these days, some are profitable to mine, some are not. There are many scrypt based coins and a few SHA-256 coins but not many other varieties. Primecoin is a different kind and it has some real world value in the finding of prime numbers tells us previously unknown things about number theory in general. Peercoin(another one of Sunny King's masterpieces) uses a combo of proof of work/proof of stake and significantly decreases the amount of energy used in mining operations as well as limits attack vulnerability.  Namecoin although it uses SHA-256 also has a real world value in registering and maintaining domain names.

I believe the future of all altcoins lies in some kind of real value generation system such as primecoin or namecoin. I think new altcoins should be designed to have a real world value by themselves and not rely on speculation and hyped up value. This was the major flaw with fiat currency that we are trying to overcome. Why just make a new improved, high tech kind of fiat currency when we can make things that have real utility AND be able to trade these coins for other coins that also have value.

Kinda like how gold, platinum, silver, palladium, and copper can all be used in real world applications. They have a real value onto themselves and not just as an article of perceived value like most of the cryptocoins today do.

Giving real value to currency will make it stronger and more utilitarian.

As we keep stacking up more useless cryptocoins I think the value of altcoins in general will quickly decrease and the reason we are doing this is to make a better cash/value system for worldwide commerce.

Allow us to put out minds together to mine real world usable solution coins and not just the next hyped up pump and dump coin..

Thanks for your time..
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Uhlbelk

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 08:04:43 AM

Well said. I agree with the need to back the cryptocoin with purpose (Primecoin) or at least a steady value. I am an advocate of the time dollar concept which could be broken down into minimum wage of any particular fiat if need be.

Regardless if the coin does calculations we need to remember that currencies are supposed to be representations of real resources. The community should remove the mindset that fiat currencies can back other fiat currencies.
If we could evaluate the basic needs it would take for a person to exist (just the living necessities) and what resources they need to maintain a fulfilling lifestyle (or even one that just gets by) It would be possible to figure out what the currency will need to represent. It's all about agreeing what the trinket is worth to the farmer vs what it is worth to the contractor and everyone in between.
SciFi coin has reminded me of what the UFC represented in Star Trek and has since inspired me to look more into its possibility.
Thanks for your post.
http://scificointalk.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html

Freedom with SciFi Coin
rampalija

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:20:07 AM

They are value now and they will be more value every day from now on

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484