Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:53:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would users be okay with sex work / sex worker groups and threads here?  (Read 2119 times)
mistress_magpie (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Retired from the mistressing business

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:35:21 PM

Hi everybody,

So, I'm a sex worker (BDSM Mistress) in the UK and I'm really fascinated with Bitcoin at the moment - particularly in exploring and building the economy for creating picture and video content for BTC, either tips or fixed rates.  I'm also very interested in sex workers who accept BTC at point of sale.

At the moment the Bitcoin economy is quite new, and while some people may have problems with it, sex work is indeed among the oldest professions Smiley I would love to start a thread or even a sub-group here for sex workers interested in Bitcoin.  By sharing our stories and helping each other get set up for using Bitcoin in business, we are indeed expanding the Bitcoin economy and strengthening Bitcoin as a currency, even if we are a bit controversial Wink

I would also love to start a group in the Marketplace - Services section for camming/naughty pictures/other forms of sex work for Bitcoin, where customers and providers can benefit from the robust community and reputation system here.

I'm very aware that there are problems with regards to legality - my work is legal in the UK, where I am based, and I comply with all UK laws.  There's also the very important cultural and social issue of keeping racy content in the forum in places where people want to see it and it's appropriate.  I do think that the group for sex workers is important - I know getting set up for Bitcoin online and screening Bitcoin clients has its own particular challenges for sex workers, and the forum could be very useful for us.

That's why I decided to start a conversation here in Meta - what do people think?

Thanks all, I am finding this a very positive and helpful forum thus far Smiley

1MEuWAgzeArG9sittnqhuTHkMtgvirZvuS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:38:05 PM

As long as what you're doing is legal where you are, you should be good to go!
mistress_magpie (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:15:02 PM

Thanks everyone!

I guess what it is that I'm possibly looking for for the sex work services is what seems to be called a 'child board,' in the Marketplace - Services board; it would be good to put a sticky there saying that you have to be over the legal age in your country of residence to view the board, and it wouldn't be offensive to other readers.  Who is the best person to ask about setting something like this up?

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:50:41 PM

You should be ok just putting NSFW in your title, and maybe putting a brief disclaimer or something like that, "If you are not the age of majority of your country, please do not view this thread" or something like that.

I doubt anyone here would be too upset if you didn't, however if you just want to make sure you are doing things officially I guess its not a bad idea.
mistress_magpie (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:05:03 PM

Thanks Salty!

I think I will draft up a post for a thread, and then let folks on relevant sex work forums know about it.  Do threads expire after a certain time period?

Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:11:19 PM

Yes, you are most welcome so long as disclaimers are in place

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:15:06 PM

Thanks Salty!
Do threads expire after a certain time period?

nope
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:17:20 PM

Do threads expire after a certain time period?

No.

I guess what it is that I'm possibly looking for for the sex work services is what seems to be called a 'child board,' in the Marketplace - Services board; it would be good to put a sticky there saying that you have to be over the legal age in your country of residence to view the board, and it wouldn't be offensive to other readers.

Asking someone to be over the legal age to view the board when they had already viewed it?
Also the type of services that you offer are a very small minority among the overall listings so it's very likely an average forum user looking for something specific won't even see it.

If you are planning on hotlinking to sexually explicit images please add a [NSFW] tag to the title of your topic. If you're only planning on linking to such images adding "NSFW" before the link should suffice.

Signature space available for rent.
whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:33:54 PM

Personally....
No.

Edit: It's OK to do it in specific subfora, but not all over the place, please.

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
mistress_magpie (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:38:01 PM

Would be great to hear why?

qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:17:46 PM

That's soooo 2011 Grin

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
Katrina Elisse Caudle

Activity: 161

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 06:00:20 AM

I am, of course, super into this. xo Pleasure to meet you! xo
mistress_magpie (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:31:16 PM